The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 4th, 2012, 10:49 AM
PhantomWolf

Advertise here
Well, I guess I could do my scheduled shiny hunts I planned on emerald and do them on another game and use emerald for... A NUZLOCKE!
Old August 5th, 2012, 12:00 AM
shinycollector
I'm back!

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to shinycollector Send a message via Yahoo to shinycollector
Omg! I was browing in my poke PC boxes on my white thinking all my shinies is in my shiny special box then WHAM! There was a shiny vulprix on my Box 9! I'm literally just cheering at the moment.. Lost for words I cant wait to get ninetails out of this fella!
Old August 5th, 2012, 01:29 AM
rager3
Akatsuki Member

Nature: Adamant
Okay guys after my 6 month drought with shiny ratatta being my last one İ decided to restart my heartgold. Ofcourse if you restart hgss you can not stop yourself from SR ing for a shiny starter am i right?NO?Nobody?oh okay

Anyway after a week of SR'ing i gave up but 2 days ago i said to myself
'' Yo dickhead . Get yo black ass of da couch and start SR ing'' ( P.S: İ am white but my conscience isn't)

After approxamatly 14 hours and 17 minutes of SR'ing i got my self a Russian chikorita called Vladimir. İ Nicknamed him cuz im gonna do a Nuzlocke run and i've already started writing the story and stuff.

Anyway last night i started EV training Vlad in dark cave and after about 83 geokills he evolved. Hopefully while grinding ill get a second shiny fingers crossed

Umm i would like to post a link to the site where i posted my run story. Would i get banned. Or can i post up admin ?

Last edited by rager3; August 5th, 2012 at 03:09 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old August 5th, 2012, 09:04 AM
Lady Demoonica Darkmoon
Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rager3 View Post
After approxamatly 14 hours and 17 minutes of SR'ing i got my self a Russian chikorita called Vladimir. İ Nicknamed him cuz im gonna do a Nuzlocke run and i've already started writing the story and stuff.

Umm i would like to post a link to the site where i posted my run story. Would i get banned. Or can i post up admin ?

It would be best if you placed the link into your signature. That way it gets seen by many more people and isn't breaking any forum rules.

Good luck on your shiny hunt!

And now for my own report, it's been a few pages.

I think I will actually take up the hunt this month, for a set of Shiny Nidoran M/F -or Nidorina/o- depends on what game I hunt on.

Demoonica's Fan Fiction
Co-Owner of the Shiny Hunters Club
Old August 5th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Keruso

for the August Quest, i think the pair i'd like to do, and im surprised no one else thought of this, will be Tauros/Miltank. I'll hunt for them in both HeartGold and SoulSilver (althought i'll have to abandon Ho-oh for the moment, cause that's currently where i am in Heartgold)

Edit: hmm........... this may be a tad hard, but im still gonna do it, as the other pairs, Plusle/Minun, Seviper/Zangoose, the Nidorans, Dialga/Palkia, i either already have, or i have one of already. i had also thought of Pinsir/Scyther, but Pinsir, outside of B/W, is not found in the wild besides the SZ/PokeRadar. Volbeat/Illumise i can only hunt in Emerald if i want to use them sometime in the future.....

Last edited by Keruso; August 5th, 2012 at 10:36 AM.
Old August 5th, 2012, 02:13 PM
Jacinth
~Darling~

Nature: Docile
Hey, I'd like to join. I'm currently SRing for a shiny Snivy. I think I'll take part in your yearly quest as well.
Wish me luck!
Old August 5th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Welcome back, PhantomWolf!

Welcome to the club, Jacinth! Good luck!

This week's random hunt is... Nincada!
Old August 6th, 2012, 06:28 AM
It's Just Fufu
Nostalgia is powerful.

Nature: Hasty
*puts shiny hunting cape back on*

Hiatus is over, hopefully. I'm gonna try and approach shiny hunting a totally different way for now. I have fun doing egg hunts; my first target will be Larvitar, assuming I have the resources necessary to breed the way I want to (perfect IVs, suitable nature, egg moves...you guys know how I roll by now :p)

Good luck everyone.

Credit goes to ShinysHunters Forum for the image.

Old August 6th, 2012, 07:59 AM
rager3
Akatsuki Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Demoonica Darkmoon View Post

It would be best if you placed the link into your signature. That way it gets seen by many more people and isn't breaking any forum rules.

Good luck on your shiny hunt!

And now for my own report, it's been a few pages.

I think I will actually take up the hunt this month, for a set of Shiny Nidoran M/F -or Nidorina/o- depends on what game I hunt on.

Thanks alot darkmoon. İ've currently finished EV training in defence and written my story up to chapter 2 Hope you read it too

http://s7.zetaboards.com/Nuzlocke_Fo...8719781/1/#new

The greatest form of control is when you think you're free when you're being fundamentally manipulated and dictated to. One form of dictatorship is being in a prison cell and you can see the bars and touch them. The other one is sitting in a prison cell but you can't see the bars but you think you're free.
~Vinnie paz
Old August 6th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Necrum
The box. You opened it. We came.

Man. Shiny hunting sure requires a lot of patience. I'm about to get back on my hunt for that shiny Charmander now...

Challenges
Carnival of Horrors
Monotype Challenge
Ones That Got Away

Trade Info
1435-4289-9306
No Giveaway ATM
Old August 7th, 2012, 01:15 AM
TheShinyEevee
ShinyHunter Before it was Cool

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TheShinyEevee
Guessssss whaaaaat?

Spoiler:

That's right! After 12,995 SRs, Shiny Ho-oh decided to show up! Now I'm fighting my way through Kanto to reach Lugia, haha! Ho-oh is Naive natured (pretty much the worst nature it could have LOL) but it's a shiny, so who cares?

Treecko's at 8585 SRs

I should remake my shiny card...
Next up: Shiny Treecko/Lugia :D
1/2 of my Monthly Quest done haha

EDIT: I even recoulered and re put together all of the frames for the special Ho-oh sprite. LOL!

3DS FC: 1032-1814-9041
уσυтυвє | ѕнιηу нυηтєя'ѕ ¢υв | тυмвя

Keep your head up...
Keep your heart strong.

Last edited by TheShinyEevee; August 7th, 2012 at 05:11 AM.
Old August 7th, 2012, 06:38 AM
Arceus Whisper
Shiny Hunter

Nature: Lax
That makes the last three shinies posted here heartgold shinies. Well congratz and good luck on Treecko/Lugia.
As for myself...
My Hunts:
Viridian Forest - 1390 REs
Dialga - 1350 SRs
Unown - 1140 REs
Yeah so I'm gonna RE Viridian Forest on LG and Ruins of Alph on HG until I get the last shiny for the Yearly Quest.

3DS FC: 5284-2430-5346

Last edited by Arceus Whisper; August 7th, 2012 at 08:14 AM. Reason: didn't see Rager3's shiny chikorita
Old August 7th, 2012, 07:52 AM
rager3
Akatsuki Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arceus Whisper View Post
That makes the last two shinies posted here shiny Ho-ohs. Well congratz and good luck on Treecko/Lugia.
As for myself...

Dont forget mine İ've got a shiny chikorita

The greatest form of control is when you think you're free when you're being fundamentally manipulated and dictated to. One form of dictatorship is being in a prison cell and you can see the bars and touch them. The other one is sitting in a prison cell but you can't see the bars but you think you're free.
~Vinnie paz
Old August 7th, 2012, 06:29 PM
ShinyAlex
Beginning Trainer

I wanna join! i dont have any shiny yet but I am going for shiny bulbasaur right now. Just started collecting shinies :D
Old August 8th, 2012, 02:18 AM
rager3
Akatsuki Member

İ'm not really on a hunt but i've got this feeling that im gonna get a random shiny sometime this week. İ'm EV training in hp for my shiny bayleef already murdered 102 hoothoots. Hes level 25 alredy and i havent even got the first gym badge

Anyway wish me luck with the hoothoots it would be real cool to have a double shiny run

~Vinnie paz
Old August 8th, 2012, 03:40 AM
Chr. Draco
Dragon Power

Nature: Jolly
Hello everyone, I see you are having good hunts, congrats on all your catches.

I have news and at the same time I don't have. I'll tell more when the time is right.

Welcome to all new members and hope you enjoy the club.

Cya and happy hunting.
Old August 8th, 2012, 08:17 AM
Jacinth
~Darling~

Already up to 500 or so SR's (I lost exact count) and no shiny Snivy. SRing on White takes SO LONG. :/

Well, in other news, I decided to take a break with the White version, so I'm on Emerald looking for a shiny of any starter. No luck so far. Do you know if the sprite will be shiny in the bag, like in HG/SS?
Old August 8th, 2012, 08:35 AM
TheShinyEevee
ShinyHunter Before it was Cool

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TheShinyEevee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacinth View Post
Already up to 500 or so SR's (I lost exact count) and no shiny Snivy. SRing on White takes SO LONG. :/

Well, in other news, I decided to take a break with the White version, so I'm on Emerald looking for a shiny of any starter. No luck so far. Do you know if the sprite will be shiny in the bag, like in HG/SS?
I bet it does. Good headway thoguh

Emerald has broken RNG (random number generator) by the way. Generally people don't hunt on Emerald because sometimes on certain files it's possible that you will literally never find a shiny by SR, and RE & SR shinies can be RNG clones, which makes them less than legit. D:
But, no, you can't see them in the bag, you have to send them into battle. Good luck with that hunt too - and no uncatchable shiny Zigzagoons!

Thanks Arceus - good luck with your hunts!
And Chr, that sounds very ominous. Good luck to you too! xD

3DS FC: 1032-1814-9041
уσυтυвє | ѕнιηу нυηтєя'ѕ ¢υв | тυмвя

Keep your head up...
Keep your heart strong.
Old August 8th, 2012, 09:15 AM
Jacinth
~Darling~

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinyEevee View Post
Emerald has broken RNG (random number generator) by the way. Generally people don't hunt on Emerald because sometimes on certain files it's possible that you will literally never find a shiny by SR, and RE & SR shinies can be RNG clones, which makes them less than legit. D:
WHY DOES NO ONE TELL ME THESE THINGS BEFORE I START SRING? *HYPERVENTILATION*
LOL, JK.

Yeah, I should probably switch to my Ruby then. Thanks for letting me know.
Old August 8th, 2012, 09:53 AM
rager3
Akatsuki Member

Quote:

Yeah, I should probably switch to my Ruby then. Thanks for letting me know.
Yo i think you should check if your Rubys internal battery is dead first. Cause mine died about 3 months ago and i was still SR'ing for weeks like an idiot haha :D

~Vinnie paz
Old August 8th, 2012, 01:02 PM
Jacinth
~Darling~

Quote:
Yo i think you should check if your Rubys internal battery is dead first. Cause mine died about 3 months ago and i was still SR'ing for weeks like an idiot haha :D
... It's not dead!
Praise the Lord! Hallelujah! :D

NAOW I SEARCH FOR SHINY
Old August 8th, 2012, 07:12 PM
G-Money
Polychromatic Iridescence

Nature: Jolly
Path of the Dragon!!

I still haven't finished making a team yet, but I've been reinvigorated in my quest for shinies. I've only gotten one this whole year!! That's more than 8 months!!

*turns shiny hunting mode from Lax to G-Money Mad Hunting Level Delta*

I was thinking of what I should hunt, and I thought, why not hunt for my favorite shinies? This had never occurred to me before, "lol."

Rayquaza is far and away my favorite shiny: not only does its shiny form look incredible, but it's also a really awesome Pokemon overall. It's not accessible for me right now, though, as I'm still in Professor Elm's lab in HG, "lol." Seeing as I already have shiny Totodile, my path to Rayquaza will be:

Shiny Cyndaquil -> Shiny Chikorita -> Shiny Ho-oh -> Shiny Groudon/Kyogre -> Shiny Kyogre/Groudon -> Shiny Rayquaza!!

I have a lot of work to do to get there, but it'll definitely be worth it and I'll get a heap of the best shinies around on my way. I'm up to 495 Johto starters so far, and Cynaquil and Chikorita are both among my 5 favorite Pokemon.

My second path will be continuing along the Path of the Ghost, as Misdreavus is one of my favorites as well. Going by Axiom 22 I'll hunt it in Pearl (20% in the Lost Tower at night) along with Gastly, but I need to get the starters first before I can get there. :cer_laugh:

I'll also be going for Eevee in FR so I can get the legendaries/TMs and restart FR to SR for Squirtle and Charmander. That's a totally different path, "lol."

Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
I'mmmmm baaaaccckkk!!!!! After forgetting my password, I have returned! Right now, I am soft resetting for charmander in fire red and Mudkip in emerald. Wish me luck! Also, does anyone here Skype?
Welcome back! Good luck!

Instead of Skype, why don't you come on over to the Official SHC Chat?

Quote:
Cute charm makes it so that cute charm is nuked on shinies! The mechanics of the game between cute charm and shinies are sort of incompatible, so with a cute charmer for females, you'll never(? if not rarely) find a female shiny. You can still find shinies, and females, but not female shinies. ;P
What!? I've never heard of this before. Could you explain a little more, please? I'm interested in hearing about this, "lol." Why wouldn't Cute Charm let you get female shinies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinycollector View Post
Omg! I was browing in my poke PC boxes on my white thinking all my shinies is in my shiny special box then WHAM! There was a shiny vulprix on my Box 9! I'm literally just cheering at the moment.. Lost for words I cant wait to get ninetails out of this fella!
Haha, box hunting is one of the best ways to get shinies. You already have it caught, and it can't flee! :cer_laugh: Congrats on finding a shiny Vulpix!!

Quote:
chikorita
Welcome back! Congrats on the Chikorita!

Quote:
Wish me luck!
Welcome to the SHC! Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Just Fufu View Post
*puts shiny hunting cape back on*
Welcome back! Shiny hunting capes are a great idea. We totally need to get those for everyone!!

Quote:
Guessssss whaaaaat?
Congrats! 13,000 isn't really that high of a number for you, "lol." If it were anyone else, I would have told them that they deserved a shiny and a half for all that effort. :cer_tongue: You should've gone for 50k!

I really like your sig, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyAlex View Post
I wanna join! i dont have any shiny yet but I am going for shiny bulbasaur right now. Just started collecting shinies :D
Welcome to the club, ShinyAlex! I hope you get your shiny Bulbasaur soon and get many more after it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chr. Draco View Post
I have news and at the same time I don't have. I'll tell more when the time is right.
TSE is right - this does sound ominous! I hope it's good (nonexistent?) news, like finding 10 shinies or something!! :D

Quote:
Tell me about it!! Seriously, the time it takes SRing for a starter in White is completely absurd. I SRed for Snivy for a bit, and in the time it took me to do one SR, I could do something like 25 Johto starters, "lol." I'm seriously considering not going back and just breeding for them instead. Hopefully BW2 have a faster starter reset time, "lol."

Then again, there's nothing a shiny hunter can't do!! Keep at it, hunter!!

Quote:
NAOW I SEARCH FOR SHINY
Hurry! Before it runs out!!! Get your shiny as soon as possible!! *rerouts all luck vents towards Jacinth*

P. S. Is the multiquote not working for anyone else? I had to individually quote each message in a new tab and copy/paste them into one post. :/

EDIT: 888 Johto starters!

Path of the Dragon: 2/7
Path of the Ghost: 8/18
Path of the Starter: 10/18

Last edited by G-Money; August 8th, 2012 at 09:09 PM.
Old August 8th, 2012, 09:49 PM
Ninjagon
Back from a break.

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Ninjagon
Hey guys, i've been online but not hunting, and i visit this thread every (second?) day, so i know whats been going and all, so i haven't been hunting because i've no targets... i'm thinking that i'll go Groudon on my AWESOME SS file (SHINY HO-OH in 55 SR's!) i'm rather talented at chaining, but thats way too easy. Anyway, congrats to everyone on their shinies!

There aren't many Lions left in the world now, yet poachers still exist. Even though it is illegal it still happens. Don't have anything to do with poaching - Take pride in your actions (pun intended)
Old August 9th, 2012, 06:10 AM
Keruso

i figured i may as well post this. I found this little guy a few days ago while in that new chat with G, Arceus Whisper and TSE. I was searching for the space cow and bull, but this guy showed up first. im still searching here for them, and HOPEFULLY i dont get a third Meowth or another Raticate or Farfetch'd (as i have those two already). i wouldnt mind another Magnemite, and definitely wouldnt mind a Snubbull.

more people need to come and chat, so here's the link http://xat.com/PokeCommunityShinyHuntersClub?p=6

i will post, probably in spoilers, the stats of this Meowth and the Staravia when i can
Old August 9th, 2012, 02:53 PM
It's Just Fufu
Nostalgia is powerful.

Nature: Hasty
Finally, after three days of chain breeding, I've got some suitable parents for my Larvitar breeding. Just so you guys have an idea of what I'm working with....

Papa Larvitar: 31/31/x/x/31/x, knows Curse, Rock Slide, Pursuit, and Crunch
Mama Larvitar: 31/31/31/x/31/x knows Rock Slide, Crunch, Earthquake, and Stone Edge and holding the Power Def EV Item

My rationale behind using the Power Def EV Item is this: Mama and Papa Larvitar both have flawless HP, Attack, and Special Defense already. The chances are that the offspring Larvitar will inherit Attack, HP, or Special Defense from one of them...using the Power Def EV Item ensures that I get the maximum number of 31s possible. Also, no Everstone on either parent because neither of them have good natures. I can't be bothered to go to all THAT trouble.

Wish me luck you guys.

Credit goes to ShinysHunters Forum for the image.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here