The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Pokémon Essentials

Notices

Pokémon Essentials All questions and discussion about Pokémon Essentials, the Pokémon game kit for RPG Maker XP, go in here. Also contains links to the latest downloads and the Essentials Wiki.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 6th, 2012, 11:24 AM
korjamer
Pixel Artist

Nature: Relaxed
How are they supposed to be named? In what sequence?
I get the feeling it's just a code error or something.
I'm pretty sure I'm doing everything right... Maybe. :I
Old August 6th, 2012, 01:07 PM
zingzags
Creator or Pokemon Serenity

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by korjamer View Post
I replaced the followpokemon script in my game for the alternate forms fix that zingzags came up with and now only shiny Pokemon follow me... The sprites for regular Pokemon are invisible. Are they named wrong? If so how should I name them?

Edit: I found that if I change the Pokemon's form to 1 with the debug editor The regular (non shiny) sprite works... But I have to do it manually... Also the shiny doesn't appear on form 1...

And just for reference in my characters folder they are named:
001, 001s, 001_1, 001s_1, ect...
The debug issue is something that Maruno needs to know about, I encountered the same issue trying to change my pokemon's from through the debug editor. But it works 100% my pokemon do show up shiny no matter what form they are in.

Take a picture of your folder, I want to see how is it named inside.
Pokemon ebony
and
Xenotime:
Old August 6th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Maruno
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials

Quote:
Originally Posted by zingzags View Post
The debug issue is something that Maruno needs to know about, I encountered the same issue trying to change my pokemon's from through the debug editor. But it works 100% my pokemon do show up shiny no matter what form they are in.
Why should I need to know about it? This following script isn't in Essentials. It's not up to me to make sure Essentials is compatible with it (that's just backwards).

Besides, it sounds to me like this "problem" is just a case of not reading the instructions. See below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zingzags View Post
What I did to your script was I made it to %03d_0 because your pokemon overworlds in your folder were 001_0, 002_0... 493_0. the _0 in the script I edited for you was what made the pokemon overworlds show.

So what you are going to have to do for each release that comes out, you are going to have to go into the script and change each

%03d, %03ds, %03d_%d, %03ds_%d
to
%03d_0, %03ds_0, %03d_%d, %03ds_%d
Change the names of the Pokémon overworld charsets as mentioned.
Old August 6th, 2012, 04:24 PM
zingzags
Creator or Pokemon Serenity

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruno View Post
Why should I need to know about it? This following script isn't in Essentials. It's not up to me to make sure Essentials is compatible with it (that's just backwards).
No it wasn't something that had to do with the script, it was something with essentials that you explained to me in another thread.
Pokemon ebony
and
Xenotime:

Last edited by zingzags; August 6th, 2012 at 04:30 PM.
Old August 8th, 2012, 11:02 AM
korjamer
Pixel Artist

Nature: Relaxed
I'm not sure I was understood. The Shiny sprites show up fine. It's the normal (non shiny and non alternate form) sprites that don't show. I tried changing the charsets and that didn't work either. I even went into the folder and changed the names of all the sprites. Still nothing. I can upload my game or scripts and post a link if you want or something? maybe that will help you tell me what I'm doing wrong? Meh.
Old August 8th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Rick1234
Hidden in the shadows, for now

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by korjamer View Post
I'm not sure I was understood. The Shiny sprites show up fine. It's the normal (non shiny and non alternate form) sprites that don't show. I tried changing the charsets and that didn't work either. I even went into the folder and changed the names of all the sprites. Still nothing. I can upload my game or scripts and post a link if you want or something? maybe that will help you tell me what I'm doing wrong? Meh.
If I were you just Erase the scripts you have and try over. Make sure to have everything in it. If you are missing something simple then you would have to get it. Your better off checking to make sure you have EVERYTHING named and placed in the correct folders as there correct name. Just check over if you still can't get it then remove the scripts and try again.
Old August 8th, 2012, 04:04 PM
Rayd12smitty
Shadow Maker

hey rick. There is this guy, pokemoner2500. I am trying to help him install the following pokemon, but now I think he is just confused. He saw the following pokemon in my game's thread, and I told him I would help him. I said to look at this thread for a start, and he responded with "I downloaded the program, but can't get it to work" I am not even sure if he is using essentials anymore. I will try to help him as best as I can, but would you mind trying to PM him to see if you have any luck. He hasn't responded to my last PM yet. Ill VM you if I need your help explaining things. Sorry i don't have the patience for this right now, and hope you can help
Old August 8th, 2012, 04:18 PM
Rick1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayd12smitty View Post
hey rick. There is this guy, pokemoner2500. I am trying to help him install the following pokemon, but now I think he is just confused. He saw the following pokemon in my game's thread, and I told him I would help him. I said to look at this thread for a start, and he responded with "I downloaded the program, but can't get it to work" I am not even sure if he is using essentials anymore. I will try to help him as best as I can, but would you mind trying to PM him to see if you have any luck. He hasn't responded to my last PM yet. Ill VM you if I need your help explaining things. Sorry i don't have the patience for this right now, and hope you can help
Just tell him to download the one that......What's his name put together for others. I forget his name but it's in his signiture. Just tell him to download that and open Pokemon Essentials through that.
Old August 8th, 2012, 06:18 PM
Rayd12smitty
Shadow Maker

ohhhh. I forgot all about that thanks. He/she still hasnt responded yet. When he does, Ill point them in that direction
Old August 8th, 2012, 10:14 PM
shadowriver
Beginning Trainer

Im just in the middle uploading an updated version now, there was still a few bugs in my last one . in the updated version the evolving pokemon now show and also in the pokemon center, the pokemon following you gos back into the pokeball untill its healed.

#EDIT the newer version has now been uploaded.
p-Sign
Clowcardruler
Maruno
Venom12
FL .
Help-14
zingzag
rick1234

Last edited by shadowriver; August 8th, 2012 at 11:26 PM.
Old August 9th, 2012, 04:52 AM
Rick1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowriver View Post
Im just in the middle uploading an updated version now, there was still a few bugs in my last one . in the updated version the evolving pokemon now show and also in the pokemon center, the pokemon following you gos back into the pokeball untill its healed.

#EDIT the newer version has now been uploaded.
Good job. Thank you! I appreciate your help.
Old August 9th, 2012, 08:09 AM
Rayd12smitty
Shadow Maker

awesome job dude. It looks great
Old August 9th, 2012, 02:58 PM
shadowriver
Beginning Trainer

no worrys happy to help, in the next version ill start incorparating all the black/white graphics for example i havnt added the female trainer yet ill also add more dp music i have all of em.im going to make a surf graphic as well for each main male female trainer.i might add in my event bank system as an added extra as well.

if you think of enything els for the follow script that i left out let me know.
the next version shuld be in a day or so.
p-Sign
Clowcardruler
Maruno
Venom12
FL .
Help-14
zingzag
rick1234
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links