• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Sunshine

Pinta77

Anyone can join. Need help with your ROM? We'll see what we can do.

Intro: Hello, and welcome to "Team Sunshine's" Team Discussion thread. Team Sunshine is a Pokemon ROM hacking team open to everyone and anyone working on a ROM hack, whether you are an expert ROM hacker or if you have little or no ROM hacking experience at all.

I created Team Sunshine for 2 reasons. One reason is because there are a few things I could use help with in my ROM hack. The other reason is to help other people out with their own ROM hacks. Might as well help other people out while I'm at it, right? ;)

Q&A

---

What is Team Sunshine?: Team Sunshine is a Team created by Pinta77 opened to anyone. You don't need to know anything to join, although I recommend you come to the Team with something to offer or something in mind you need help with. Either way, anyone is welcome, even if all you have is a clean pokemon ROM and no clue what to do, you are welcome to join Team Sunshine.

What does Team Sunshine do?: Team Sunshine will have a Projects list. On this list will be ROM Hacks we are currently working on. Anyone on Team Sunshine can request that their ROM hack be put on the Projects List, and the Team will do their best to help each person out.

Who's incharge?: If you are working on Coolguy123's Rom Hack, then Coolguy123 makes all final decisions for that hack.

Who/what are you looking for? Anyone can join! There is no set number of people who can join. Here is the list of skills Team Sunshine is specifically looking for:

-Music Editors: People with access and experience in Sappy.
-Tile Editors: People with experience in Tile inserting and editing.
-Scripters: People who are proficient in PKSV, XSE, and/or Pocket Script.
-ASM scripters: I don't know a lot about ASM scripting. I'm sure I'm not the only one who could use a helping hand.
-All around: People who know a little bit of everything who can help people out and answer questions.

*This list may change to meet the needs of other team members.

---
Joining the Team
---

Team Sunshine Application
-

ROM Hacking Skills:

Other Helpful Skills/Strong Points:

Proof of Work: (Not required unless you put something in for skills)

Current Project: (Only required if you provide no skills)

Helper or Need Help?: (Helper/Need Help/both/neither)

Are you willing to help the people who join Team Sunshine? (You will not be expected to help everyone with everything, but please try to help when you can.) Yes/no

Once you fill this out, I will approve or deny you. 99% of the time you will be approved. There is no reason to deny someone unless they have no skills and aren't working on any projects.

If you would like help with your own ROM hack, please fill out this application.

Put My ROM on the Project List Application
-

Are you a member of Team Sunshine?: (Yes/no)

Hack Name:

Base ROM:

Creator(s):

Pokecommunity Thread:

What do you need help with?: (List format please)

-

Benifits?

Help from other Team Members. Remember, You reap what you sow. Help others when you can, and maybe they'll help you when you really need it. Avoid just telling someone to "look it up". In many cases, if they are asking someone else, they couldn't find it when they searched for it.

Expectations:
Those seeking help: There are no requirments, however if you join the team for help, then ask for help. Show that you are working on a ROM hack, and ask questions. It's true that everyone is welcome, but don't just join and never participate in the Team.

Those with skills: If you join the Team, you'll be expected to help other Team Members when you can. In return, you will be helped out by other team members. (Unless you aren't working on a hack and you're joining just to help.) Of course one person isn't expected to do all the work, so I will be looking for lots of people to join Team Sunshine.

This Thread:
This isn't just a recruitment thread, this is a Team Discussion Thread, so discuss. You may use this thread to do the following:
-Apply for the Team
-Ask a Question
-Answer a Question
-Post any helpful/relevant tips
-Request your ROM to be on the Project List(Team Members Only)
-other Team Discussion stuff

---
Members of Team Sunshine
Member Username-Role/skills
Other helpful skills/strong points

Pinta77 - Leader/ PKSV & Pocket Script Scripting
-Fairly good at scripting. Tell me what you want to happen in your script and maybe I can do it.
-I can make a shiny pokemon script
-I know how to work unLZ.gba/free space finder

Kisergage - All Around
-creative
-storyliner
-spriter

SkyIsDarkBlue - Tiler
-creative
-on a lot

Projects:
These are the projects Team Sunshine is working on, in no particular order.

Job List Key
--
Red = Currently needs help
Orange = Being worked on
Green = Job completed by person who helped
Blue = Need help, but not a priority

--

Project List
-

Pokemon Pink Version

pink.jpg

Base Rom: RUBY

Creator(s): Pinta77

Pokecommunity Thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=284392

Storyline: (a bit outdated, but gets the gist of it)
Spoiler:

Pokemon Pink Version Job List:

1.) Tiler: Someone to make and/or find some tiles to use and insert them.

2.) Music: Someone who has access to Sappy and will change up some of the soundtrack. (I have the program, but it doesn't work on my computer)

3.) Birch Intro: Someone with access to Advance Text who will change the intro text for me. (Once again, I have advance text, but it doesn't work on my computer)

4.) Intro Patch: Someone who knows how to replace this part of the intro with a picture.
nydfh.jpg

5.) Alternate character: (fat chance with this one... but...) I need someone who knows how to make a script in which your character's sprite is changed to a different sprite. (You can walk around as a different OW sprite etc.) I think this is an ASM script, not sure.

6.) Follow Script: Yep, the infamous follow script. (Once again, fat chance,) but I need someone who knows how to make a script in which a person follows the player. (Doesn't need to be from map to map)

-

Pokemon ALKALI version

[No pic yet :( ]

Base Rom: RUBY

creator(s): Kisergage

Pokecommunity Thread: Unknown

Storyline: Unknown

Job list:
1.) Insert Sprites

2.) Mapping

3.) Some scripts

-
*Project List may change to meet Team Member's needs.

Last edited:
Years
  • NC
  • Seen Dec 14, 2012
im not promising to be able to help with every little problem but il help where i can im pretty usefull when it comes to rom hacks my specialty is without a doubt sprite editing.

ROM Hacking Skills:sprite/OW sprite editing, mapping, scripting (not the best at scripting) tile editing

Other Helpful Skills/Strong Points: creative and original good person for a storyline

Current Project: ALKALI (RUBY HACK)

Helper or Need Help?: Both

Help/both/neither
Are you willing to help the people who join Team Sunshine? (You will not be expected to help everyone with everything, but please try to help when you can.) YES

please let me know if i can be of assistance
or if your willing to assist me with my hack
full credit will of course be given

Oh. and if i am permitted to join il gladly do prof. Birchs intro
for pokemon PINK

Last edited:

Pinta77

kisergage: accepted Welcome to Team Sunshine, army of 2 :P I would greatly appriciate it if you could help me with Birch's intro. Also, I am willing to help out with your hack as well. (ill pUt it in the project list when i get home. Im on iphone right now) what do you need help with?

Years
  • NC
  • Seen Dec 14, 2012
yay!! haha thanks for having me, and noting to extreme just some scripting that still needs to be done a lil mapping (not much at all) and i still need to make the title screen but i have nooo idea how haha....back to your hack what would you like the intro to say?

Pinta77

I'm pretty good at scripting so i could definately help you out with that. Just give me a list of what u need scripted and i can most likely do it.

Now... Title screen. I know how-ish. Mine didn't quite turn out how i wanted but i just went with it. There are some really good tutorials on how to change the title screen here on pokecommunity. I could either link you one, or i could attempt to do it for you. Your choice.

What do i want the intro to say... Ill have to figure that out. There is also one more thing i need fixed with a-text (the part where wally is catching walts) i need that to say brock. I think that's a-text, not sure.

I'll be home in about 9 hours so get your job list for me ready and then ill figure out what i need.

Years
  • NC
  • Seen Dec 14, 2012
hmm job list....ok lets see
1.main thing i really need is the title screen i can do it or you can..your choice
2.theres alot of little places throughout the hack that need scripting to be honest im kinda having writers block as far as the storyline goes...so il have to get back to you on that.
3.just some mapping that anyone could handle i can just get that done in my spare time

thats about it....
i do have a question though..your good at UNLZ.GBA right? bc the last seeral tims iv tried it my hack just crashes =/ so if you dont mind i would appreciate it if you could get me a couple different trainers...

oh and for your wally event do you just want the name "wally" to be changed to "brock" ?

Pinta77

Ok, I've Pm'd you a link to download the actual ROM. (I hope that's allowed, not sure.)

I need Birch's Intro to say:
Spoiler:

And for the Wally part, Yes, I need the name changed to Brock and if possible, this part changed.
Spoiler:

So that's my job list. I think the Wally thing is A-text. If not, don't worry about it.

The title screen involves unLZ.gba, so maybe I can try it. Show me a rough idea of what you want and I'll give it a crack. (remember, the title screen uses a palate)

I can for sure insert some trainers for you, just send me the sprites, and which trainers you want to replace (and the ROM of course) and I can do it easily, as long as you have the palates right. I don't know how to change palates.

While I'm doing that, I can change the part that says "Pokemon Ruby" if you'd like. And I can definitely make it look better then mine. I half assed mine :P I can also change the beginning screen, the one that says:

(c)2003 Pokemon
(c)1995 - 2003 Nintendo
(c)1995-2003 Creatures inc.
(c)1995-2003 Gamefreak inc.

So if you want your username or anything else there, i can do that as well.

Also, I've added your hack to the project list. It's a little empty, so let me know if you want me to add/change anything, including the job list.

Last edited:
Years
  • NC
  • Seen Dec 14, 2012
Ok awesome i just got your ROM and il get to work on it asap and yes the wally txt can be edited on A-text so il get those done and il PM you all the needed files for my ROM thanks in advance
and if you donT mind please change the "Gamefreak inc" to "KISERGAGE"

Pinta77

No problem. Want the years updated to 2012? And I can make the "Gamefreak" at the bottom of the title screen say "Kisergage" as well.

Years
  • NC
  • Seen Dec 14, 2012
That would be great! and the A-text scripting you needed is done..also i gotta tell ya i played about the first 20 minutes of the game and i gotta say you have done great so far!..i have anoter question if you dont mind do you know the name of the program that changes the town you start in? i had it awhile back but my computer crashed and i lost it

Pinta77

Sweet! Thanks! And whenever you're ready, ill work on ur rom.

I dont remember... But i do remember seeing it. Let me look it up real quick. Ill find it in just a sec

It's called Start Map Choose Advance. If you can't find it, i can put a link.

Last edited:
Years
  • NC
  • Seen Dec 14, 2012
lol can you please post a link im failing so hard at finding it...
and awesome il PM everything for my ROM to you asap

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2013
ROM Hacking Skills: Banner, Tile Recolouring, Tile Inserting (I can insert it but can't put it into the game.)

Other Helpful Skills/Strong Points: I'm Patient and I'm on quite alot.

Proof of Work: My Signature.

Current Project: Pokemon Origins: Wallace's Past (1st hack of Origins series.)
Helper or Need Help?: Helper+Need Help

Are you willing to help the people who join Team Sunshine? (You will not be expected to help everyone with everything, but please try to help when you can.) Yes

Are you a member of Team Sunshine?: Not yet

Hack Name: Pokemon Origins: Wallace's Past (Awww... You made a Pokemon Origins too...)

Base ROM: Ruby

Creator(s): Me, a friend who doesn't have a PC account

Pokecommunity Thread: None yet.

What do you need help with?: Putting Tile into game
Scripting
A bit of OWE help
Some Unlz help

And also, I can help you do oak's intro (Just the text.) And do you need a banner?

Last edited:

Pinta77

Haha xD no worries, i can change the name. I havent gotten very far on it yet. Im trying to finish pink version first.

SkyIsDarkBlue: accepted

I can easily do the unLZ.gba stuff. Also, i dont know mich about tile editing. What do you mean you can insert them but cant put them in the game?

Years
  • NC
  • Seen Dec 14, 2012
tile editor???? oh thank god...i desperatley need your help i seem to have majorly screwed myself over awhile back on my ROM and am clueless about fixing it

so just let me know if your willing to assist me if not thats cool and i completley understand just let me know

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2013
Sure ^^ Just send me the info but you need to know that my Time Zone is SGT so I'm like 1 day faster than Pacific... and Pinta, I believe you can link your banner your thread. Do you know how to do it? I can help if you want.

Back