The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Hacks Showcase

Notices

Hacks Showcase Want to play a hack? Here, you can play some good quality hacks… or you can make your own and submit it here! (Unless you can show a significant amount of development, your hack starts at the "Progressing Hacks" forum first.)
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 8th, 2012, 11:01 PM
UltraNerdtendo64
Retro Extraordinaire

Nature: Quiet
Looks so GOOD!
To bad I don't really play Betas/Demos.

Old August 8th, 2012, 11:05 PM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraNerdtendo64 View Post
Looks so GOOD!
To bad I don't really play Betas/Demos.
Why? If you play the BETA you might not know what happen, try it out BETA's have their good sides too!

And if your gonna download the patch use the patch in the previous page which I posted DarkRisingGirl is still on vacation that's why I can't edit the main post...
Old August 9th, 2012, 06:19 AM
314V
Beginning Trainer

May I know where to download the latest beta of Pokemon Dark Rising?
Old August 9th, 2012, 07:01 AM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Nature: Relaxed
Hey Everyone, sorry for my Hiatus. I will be returning regularly by the end of the week. As of right now, I have 3 annoucements.

1.I've seen the talk about the levels & the game is undergoing alot of changes in difficulty. It will be harder. I also understand the part about being very high by the end of the first region. I'll make adjustments on that when the time comes. But for Now, I just uploaded the latest Pokemon Dark Rising Beta 1 Patch to the main thread. In it, the difficulty of the trainers has increased and ALOT of tile errors and boarder block problems have been fixed. However, the changes are only to the battle with V at Atlantic Path. The patch with the rest of the beta's difficulty increase and tile errors fixed will be uploaded Monday when I return. Enjoy.

2.As some suggested, I've uploaded the main thread with more pictures for the hack showcase. I've been doing my own personal playthrough & fixing problems as I go along. Instead of just skipping to the events that were messed up, I'm going through the entire beta and making alot of changes and adjustments. Such as adding more people in Towns/Cities, more Buildings, script corrections, and of course, tile error problems.

3.For the people doing walkthroughs, I will be adding the link to your Youtube Accounts in the Main Thread by Monday. I also recommend downloading the latest patch with the difficulty increase.

That's all for now, thanks everyone for having patience with the hack as it is now. We're making progress day by day & great things are ahead for Beta 2.
Old August 9th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Nixon1
Beginning Trainer

Thanks for the re upload I'll check right away to see if I can do the events now I saved it right before I talk to ash for the first time after I went further in the check on both events I mentioned, but hold a on a sec is there more wrong if you pick male then just the back of the sprite when you enter a battle?

I didn't get to far lol. In one of the trainer battles after you fight V, but before you fight Ash the battle starts and then the screen just stays black and never enters the battle phase. It is the trainer that says they got Ash's autograph

Last edited by DrFuji; August 9th, 2012 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Merging consecutive posts
Old August 9th, 2012, 12:30 PM
qaz015393
pokemon revenge developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajaros View Post
Ok, here's the updated patch notify me of errors you found on this, I have updated some Pokemon Sprites and some Movement Permissions...

Again pick the Heroine so that you'll enjoy it! xD
I just got this patch & when I load my save from the previous fix *you posted the other day* the enti event still doesn't work. Also After battling eto, he leaves but when you re enter the route he pops up & you can re battle him again. Just to let you know.

POKEMON REVENGE TEAM IS looking for members APPLY HERE so the hack can continue.

3Ds Fc= 0619-4312-9526 IgN is Near My trade shop is here
Old August 9th, 2012, 10:18 PM
Rygar2
Beginning Trainer

So uh, i'm in the ship and when i talk to the girl, she gives me the HM cut under the guise of the captain and then i can't talk to the other guy to engage a battle. Little help ploxx <3
Old August 9th, 2012, 10:52 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar2 View Post
So uh, i'm in the ship and when i talk to the girl, she gives me the HM cut under the guise of the captain and then i can't talk to the other guy to engage a battle. Little help ploxx <3
Captain room has tile/level script... you weren't supposed to talk to OWs there...
Old August 10th, 2012, 03:50 AM
Justin262
Beginning Trainer

Hmmm...not sure if these are errors
1.when i battled the trainer at grass isle with my victini and he had a watchog then i used reversal and it said not very effective
2.I got 5 victini XD not sure if it meant to be like that

Old August 10th, 2012, 04:01 AM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

@_Justin262

Both of those errors are fixed in the new patch. I forgot to change one of watchog's types to Normal. It's fixed now.

@_Rygar2

I believe Tajaros fixed that error in the newest patch. However if he didn't, all errors pass the battle with V in Atlantic Cape will be fixed in the final update of beta 1 with the level increases and fixed maps on Monday. Try downloading the new patch, walk in & out of the ship, then try going back in & see if it changes. If not, Monday's patch will fix that event.

@_qaz

I'll make sure that Entei event Finally works perfectly in the final patch on Monday. I'm ready to move on to Beta2, so I'll work extra hard to get these errors out of the way now. That Entei Event is becoming annoying!

@_Nixon1

Thanks for letting me know about the autograph person. I'll be getting up to her very soon in my playthrough and fix her script.
Old August 10th, 2012, 04:06 AM
Justin262
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRisingGirl View Post
@_Justin262

Both of those errors are fixed in the new patch. I forgot to change one of watchog's types to Normal. It's fixed now.

@_Rygar2

I believe Tajaros fixed that error in the newest patch. However if he didn't, all errors pass the battle with V in Atlantic Cape will be fixed in the final update of beta 1 with the level increases and fixed maps on Monday. Try downloading the new patch, walk in & out of the ship, then try going back in & see if it changes. If not, Monday's patch will fix that event.

@_qaz

I'll make sure that Entei event Finally works perfectly in the final patch on Monday. I'm ready to move on to Beta2, so I'll work extra hard to get these errors out of the way now. That Entei Event is becoming annoying!

@_Nixon1

Thanks for letting me know about the autograph person. I'll be getting up to her very soon in my playthrough and fix her script.
I'm still getting alot of Victini although i used the newest patch i can download

Old August 10th, 2012, 06:36 AM
jarfantasy
Beginning Trainer

Hi Darkrising girl
Im new member
I want to ask you
How to download beta1?
Old August 10th, 2012, 06:38 AM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Is this the trainer with the "Ash Autograph" Problem:

If so, she's fixed in the newest patch on the main post on this thread. I'm still not sure if the patches require you to start over to take effect, they shouldn't. If they do, I advise everyone to wait til Monday to play. Again, I apologize for all these errors.

About the numerous Victinis, I haven't gotten up to that part in my playthrough but when I do, it will be fixed Finally along with the annoying Entei Event that wants to pissed me off obviously. I'll take my fustration out on Entei when I get up to that part.

@_jarfantasy

You can download the patch for Pokemon DarkRising on the first post of this thread. Make sure you have WinRaR or any other extracting program. Then, download a clean rom of Pokemon Fire Red & patch it to it. Try CoolRom.com for a new Fire Red. Enjoy!
Old August 10th, 2012, 07:02 AM
jarfantasy
Beginning Trainer

@_jarfantasy

You can download the patch for Pokemon DarkRising on the first post of this thread. Make sure you have WinRaR or any other extracting program. Then, download a clean rom of Pokemon Fire Red & patch it to it. Try CoolRom.com for a new Fire Red. Enjoy![/QUOTE]

Thank you
I can play it
Old August 10th, 2012, 07:36 AM
Nixon1
Beginning Trainer

[QUOTE=DarkRisingGirl;7294042]Is this the trainer with the "Ash Autograph" Problem:

If so, she's fixed in the newest patch on the main post on this thread. I'm still not sure if the patches require you to start over to take effect, they shouldn't. If they do, I advise everyone to wait til Monday to play. Again, I apologize for all these errors.

About the numerous Victinis, I haven't gotten up to that part in my playthrough but when I do, it will be fixed Finally along with the annoying Entei Event that wants to pissed me off obviously. I'll take my fustration out on Entei when I get up to that part.

Yes that was the trainer I used the code for walk through walls to get past her and another problem was the next two trainers you face the Hiker worked, but the trainer right after the hiker didn't. Then I progressed to talk to Ash at the front of the cave when I got in the event still wasn't working. When you first exit the cave after the entei event that trainer would go to a black screen and stay like that as well. Finally I countinued to the next town battled Pete I think his name was he told me to investigate the mysterious house right next to him and his dad, but when I entered it looked like the event already took place, and all I could do was talk to an old man who basically said thanks for the help.
Old August 10th, 2012, 08:01 AM
godlesplay

I don't understand you all, I finished first beta without any cheats so idk why you can't...
Old August 10th, 2012, 11:57 AM
qaz015393
pokemon revenge developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRisingGirl View Post
@_Justin262

@_Rygar2

@_qaz

@_Nixon1

Thanks. Also I found another glitch, when I try to continue to leave the cave even when not doing the Entei event I get a trainer battle when I leave & after she talks to me the game resets & gives me the gameboy logo *I don't know if it freezes but I quickly re-loaded my quick save*. Don't know if this is bc the Entei even hasn't happened or it's just a bug.

POKEMON REVENGE TEAM IS looking for members APPLY HERE so the hack can continue.

3Ds Fc= 0619-4312-9526 IgN is Near My trade shop is here
Old August 10th, 2012, 02:13 PM
Rygar2
Beginning Trainer

Think i might have to wait till monday </3
Old August 10th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Justin262
Beginning Trainer

Is this game supposed to end after the ice type gym leader?
Maybe you could revamp the new moves animations i would prefer that rather than beta 2
and...i do not know if this is fixed but Zebstrika learns struggle !:O
how am i supposed to exit the cave after defeating Entei a goon will battle me and block the exit.. nvm i exited from the other exit and came back
am i suppose tto meet arceus / landorous cos i dont

and..........eelektross can learn fly XDD

Last edited by Justin262; August 10th, 2012 at 06:11 PM.
Old August 10th, 2012, 11:45 PM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin262 View Post
Is this game supposed to end after the ice type gym leader?
Maybe you could revamp the new moves animations i would prefer that rather than beta 2
and...i do not know if this is fixed but Zebstrika learns struggle !:O
how am i supposed to exit the cave after defeating Entei a goon will battle me and block the exit.. nvm i exited from the other exit and came back
am i suppose tto meet arceus / landorous cos i dont

and..........eelektross can learn fly XDD
Sorry guys, I've been out for a while I'll got on to fixing those and get those events working I promise!
Old August 11th, 2012, 01:26 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori

Nature: Calm
Guys, it's BEST to start new game with new patch.
Because old patch already has some flags set and they MAY collide with new ones resulting in unexpected behaviour we all see here.
Old August 11th, 2012, 01:52 AM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
Guys, it's BEST to start new game with new patch.
Because old patch already has some flags set and they MAY collide with new ones resulting in unexpected behaviour we all see here.
Yeah, your right about that ASH493...

Also I already send the patch to DarkRisingGirl with the all working scripts as I look on it she'll be doing a quick test and insert some sprites and release it here! xD
Old August 11th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Nixon1
Beginning Trainer

I did start over and things still didn't work lol.

SPOILER WARNING help-

Either way in the town after the entei event you face Pete and after you beat him he tells you about a mysterious house to visit. I enter the house right next to him and his dad and the place is called ??? and all that is inside is a black triangle a woman who I can't talk to and an old man who says "May Arceus guide me on my journey" is something suppose to happen here? PS. besides the Entei event not working there is a goon who acts like I already battled him, or when he does battle me (Sometimes it works other times it doesn't it is weird) he shows up as a grunt and has the same pokemon as the grunt who is beside the rock slide teacher hiker. The goon that is acting up is the second male goon you can fight. After you see the very first male and female goon and climb up a ladder you have to cross in front of a male or female goon the male goon is the one acting up, Sorry I'm horrible at directions sometimes
Old August 11th, 2012, 10:32 AM
Pedro9
Unhatched Egg

Guys how do i get a crobat?
Old August 11th, 2012, 04:11 PM
Justin262
Beginning Trainer

Wow why is a female grunt the first elite four and braviary in the pc is a little glitchy
Zebstrika?

My PC

My team

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links