The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 11th, 2012, 04:10 AM
LugiaMZ

Advertise here
Hello everyone, I just repost my question. Hope now have someone can answer me.

1.This question is about .s file. .s file original manuscript is Unknown Application, I double click the .s file. After that, It appeared 2 choices " Use the Web service to find the correct program " and "
Select a program from a list of installed programs ". I choosed "
Select a program from a list of installed programs " and choose Notepad and checked "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file".
Then, I use Sappy 2006 mod 15 to assembly .s file and click " Cook it "( In another Version that's "Assembly that ugly thing", it appeared a error, "XXXX Can't find file "MPlayDef.s" for inclusion Assembly halted". I placed MPlayDef.s file with the .s file I wanted to insert my rom, but also have this problem, so I think is the " "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file" problem, it's make the .s file doesn't show .s. I use Windows 7, how can I change the .s file return to Unknown Application? Or a else way to fix this problem.

Hope have someone can know what I want to express.

Now I have a Map Script problem.

2. I create a map script to show the ship started to gone. For example:

When I get in the ship, the map script is activate, for my map script I used the setvar 0x5000 0x1 for this map script before.

#dynamic 0x800000
#org @talk
setvar 0x5000 0x0002
warpmuted 0x1 0x7 0xFF 0x20 0x0F
release
end

I need to warpmuted to a dock and load the map script to show the ship is gone. For my map script:

#dynamic 0x800000
#org @script
applymovement 0xFF @hide
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0x1 @gone
waitmovement 0x0
setvar 0x5000 0x3
warpmuted 0x1 0x4 0xFF 0x20 0x07
release
end
#org @hide
#raw 0x60
#raw 0xFE
#org @ride
#raw 0xA
#raw 0xA
#raw 0xA
#raw 0xA
#raw 0xA
#raw 0xA
#raw 0xA
#raw 0xA
#raw 0xFE

The person event no.1 is for the ship. Then I warpmuted back inside the it appeared the text box and unknown word. I pressed A button it dissapeared and appeared and repeat and repeat. For example:

How to fix this problem?

I already setvar, the map script flag inside the ship is 5000 and value is 0001 and at the dock value is 0002.

3)Have everyone know how to close the JPAN Fire red hacked engine show uncompressed image? I only know how to display it but don't know how to hide it. A extra question, can an uncompressed image can more than 16 colour?

Thanks.

PS: Sorry for my bad english.
Old August 11th, 2012, 05:20 AM
Banjora Marxvile
Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da

Nature: Lonely
For number 1, you need to deassociate the .s file from any program, it needs to be a program that has no default Program to open it otherwise Sappy can't open the MPlayDef.s file. To do that, you need a certain program, I dunno if I can link to it, but search for Creative Element Power Tools. It's a series of programs, and one of them can change file associations so you can remove the association you made for .s files and NotePad.

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
Numb for pretentious pain
As he spins the wheel
There's no loss nor no gain...

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
Like Campari and Champagne
I'm on the rocks
Please tell me, What Is My Name?

Old August 11th, 2012, 06:51 AM
botnaeasy
Beginning Trainer

Hello.
I have few questions about hacking fire red. First: It is possible to make script which removed some player's pokemon 4ever.
Second: how I can change pokemon from trade with NPC. 4 exapmle in underground path is girl, who want exchange Farfetchd on Spearow, and i want to change that pokemon for any others.
Thanks in advance.
Old August 11th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Ark_Silvanos

Quote:
Originally Posted by botnaeasy View Post
Hello.
I have few questions about hacking fire red. First: It is possible to make script which removed some player's pokemon 4ever.
Second: how I can change pokemon from trade with NPC. 4 exapmle in underground path is girl, who want exchange Farfetchd on Spearow, and i want to change that pokemon for any others.
Thanks in advance.
i dunno bout the script, but there's a tool to change the trades...
its on ZodiacDaGreat's tool thread here

Old August 11th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Yoshi-kun
Beginning Trainer

Hey, I was wondering, is there anyway to gender lock the character at the beginning of Fire Red? You know, remove Oak's "Are you a boy? Or a girl?" question so that you're automatically a gender without a choice? I don't care if it requires ASM, I already have to hex edit to change the graphics anyway, I just want somebody to point me in the right direction.
Old August 11th, 2012, 11:22 AM
botnaeasy
Beginning Trainer

thanks Ark_Silvanos.
I'm waiting for answer to: it is possible to make script which removed some player's pokemon 4ever? sorry for trouble and thanks for help.
Old August 11th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Banjora Marxvile

Quote:
thanks Ark_Silvanos.
I'm waiting for answer to: it is possible to make script which removed some player's pokemon 4ever? sorry for trouble and thanks for help.
So far, no known way that is as simple as it seems. One way is to not use the Day Care and utilise that in a script instead to act as a remove Pokemon area, but I don't know if that uses ASM. Otherwise, you will need ASM and extensive knowledge of it to do that.

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
As he spins the wheel

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
I'm on the rocks

Old August 11th, 2012, 04:53 PM
destinydownloads

Alright I'm not sure whether this is the right place to put this question or not but here goes.
I am trying to help some people create a digimon hack. But as you may or may not know some of the digimon are pretty huge, and so I find it difficult to fit it into 64x64 space. So does anyone know of any tutorials which will help me?

Last edited by destinydownloads; August 11th, 2012 at 05:44 PM.
Old August 11th, 2012, 06:15 PM
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
thanks Ark_Silvanos.
Currently there are two ways to remove a person's Pokemon forever; HackMew's ASM document and metapod23's script. HackMew's ASM is the better choice, but if you don't know how to insert ASM then go for metapod's (but I still highly recommend that you learn how to insert ASM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by destinydownloads View Post
Alright I'm not sure whether this is the right place to put this question or not but here goes.
I am trying to help some people create a digimon hack. But as you may or may not know some of the digimon are pretty huge, and so I find it difficult to fit it into 64x64 space. So does anyone know of any tutorials which will help me?
Nope, nobody has been able to do that yet so there won't be any tutorials. In order to have larger sprites, the entire code which deals with storing and displaying sprites would have to be rewritten. Not to mention there would be other problematic areas such looking at your Pokemon in the summary screen or evolutions. Unfortunately you'll have to stick with 64x64 sprites for the foreseeable future.
Old August 11th, 2012, 08:21 PM
Darthatron
巨大なトロール。
Community Supporter Tier 2

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by destinydownloads View Post
With the way that the GBA hardware works, 64x64 is the limit. Unless of course you completely re-write the entire battle engine. Totally not worth it.
Old August 11th, 2012, 09:48 PM
dt200
Was and will be forever alone.

At what offset did Nintendo compile their scripts for emerald? From which offset to which? Thanks!

Pokémon games i own:
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team
Pokemon Firered
Pokemon Emerald
Pokemon Crystal
Pokemon Yellow
Pokemon HG/SS
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team.

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature.
-Started by SkittyLover77

Last edited by dt200; August 11th, 2012 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Lacked a word.
Old August 12th, 2012, 02:33 AM
EdensElite
No0b, but getting there.

Nature: Bold
Is there a ROM hack that essentially the original Pokemon Red/Blue in GBA form?

ROM Hacking was getting frustrating for me. I've now stopped productions and writing the game from scratch in HTML 5.

That means it will be playable in the browser, and across multiple devices such as the iPod touch.
Old August 12th, 2012, 03:38 AM
botnaeasy
Beginning Trainer

Thanks DrFuji it work.
HackMew, Metapod23 and Thethethethe did a good job.
Old August 12th, 2012, 06:16 AM
Darthatron
巨大なトロール。
Community Supporter Tier 2

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdensElite View Post
Is there a ROM hack that essentially the original Pokemon Red/Blue in GBA form?
What's wrong with the official remakes?
Old August 12th, 2012, 06:30 AM
EdensElite
No0b, but getting there.

I'm guessing not then. Nothing is wrong with them, I just love the originals, but annoyed by the limitations.

ROM Hacking was getting frustrating for me. I've now stopped productions and writing the game from scratch in HTML 5.

That means it will be playable in the browser, and across multiple devices such as the iPod touch.
Old August 12th, 2012, 08:14 AM
LugiaMZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjora Marxvile View Post
For number 1, you need to deassociate the .s file from any program, it needs to be a program that has no default Program to open it otherwise Sappy can't open the MPlayDef.s file. To do that, you need a certain program, I dunno if I can link to it, but search for Creative Element Power Tools. It's a series of programs, and one of them can change file associations so you can remove the association you made for .s files and NotePad.
Thanks dude, I'm downloaded Creative Element Power Tools and used it now I can assembly song. But now I has a new problem here, I assembly music to my Fire Red Rom and I test to play the music, the music sound is diffrent with my midi files sound, it's be "urgly" sound. How to make it sound same as my midi sound?

Thanks!
Old August 12th, 2012, 08:18 AM
Banjora Marxvile

Quote:
Originally Posted by LugiaMZ View Post
Thanks dude, I'm downloaded Creative Element Power Tools and used it now I can assembly song. But now I has a new problem here, I assembly music to my Fire Red Rom and I test to play the music, the music sound is diffrent with my midi files sound, it's be "urgly" sound. How to make it sound same as my midi sound?

Thanks!
You need to find a tutorial about how to add voicegroups to FireRed then. The game uses a specific voicegroup for it's songs, not those that your MIDI uses. I don't know how to add voicegroups into Firered, but search for a tutorial. I don't think you can get your songs to sound 100% right, sadly, but the best you can do in the worst case scenario is try to use the same instruments as Firered in your songs.

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
As he spins the wheel

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
I'm on the rocks

Old August 12th, 2012, 09:10 AM
EdensElite
No0b, but getting there.

How do I get a script to run as soon as the game starts. I want to run a script the second Oak's Speech ends and I'm transported to the Overworld.

Old August 12th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Renegade
Time for real life...

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdensElite View Post
How do I get a script to run as soon as the game starts. I want to run a script the second Oak's Speech ends and I'm transported to the Overworld.
That is called a level script. Here is a tutorial on how to do them:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthr...ghlight=cooley
Old August 12th, 2012, 09:24 AM
SpadeEdge16

Hey, I wanted to know if someone has a list of the trainer battle music that's on A-Trainer, or if someone can give me a link for it, it would be much appreciated.
Also, how do you get leader battles to play the leader music while you're fighting them?
Old August 12th, 2012, 10:52 AM
FrozenInfernoZX
Legendary Trainer ZX

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to FrozenInfernoZX
I installed RTC and day and night on my rom hack. Does that mean I can know make Pokemon evolve with happiness during day or night?

-----------------------------------------------
Pokémon Teal Version
: Alphere's Throne
Pokémon Ultimate ZX
: God of Restoration
Uiyto region map still in progress...
Old August 12th, 2012, 01:27 PM
mrjimi16
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
thanks Ark_Silvanos.
Banjora Marxvile had a good idea, to make use of the daycare scripts. Here is a link to a post by JPAN on the different special scripts in the game. Luckily, it seems as though the process of putting a pokemon in the daycare uses several of these. There are two in particular that seem like they will help you. 176 removes a pokemon (I would assume set by 0BC or 09F, the same as the other one, 0BB, that works for the daycare that can take two) from your party and puts it at the cerulean daycare address. I would think that this is just some variable that has no protection, meaning that if you use the script before the daycare is available, you should have no issues (you should obviously make sure, check the daycare script to see if flags or variables are used). Now, this would require the player to select the Pokemon themselves, but there is another special command, 147, that places a pokemon's pokedex number in a variable. It references the same variable that 0BC an 09F use, but I am unsure if they write what it reads, I am assuming that they write the Pokemon's party number and it reads which one that is, but I can't test it right now. If that is so, all it requires is for you to throw in a compare variable command between special 09F and 147 to make sure they chose the right one.

I think this is enough for you to start playing around a bit. This is of course just a shot in the dark, but it seems to me that it should work. BTW, that link to the specials study is invaluable when you want to do something like this. It is one of my first steps when making a new script.

EDIT: I found a special that "checks for a pokemon species in the party. pokemon number wanted is stored in 0x8004, returns to given variable 0x1 if there is one," special 0x17c. I am not sure what numbers correspond to which Pokemon, but a few minutes of testing should help with that. To use it, you would set the number of the Pokemon you need to variable 0x8004 (setvar 0x8004 0xXXXX, not sure how many numbers, make sure it is in hex) then follow it up with special2 0xXXXX 0x17C replacing the XXXX with the variable. You would then make the special to remove the Pokemon only continue/activate when that variable has a value of 0x1.
Good Luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpadeEdge16 View Post
Hey, I wanted to know if someone has a list of the trainer battle music that's on A-Trainer, or if someone can give me a link for it, it would be much appreciated.
Also, how do you get leader battles to play the leader music while you're fighting them?
IIRC, the battle music is determined by the type of trainer battle you are using. he bold one there:

trainerbattle 0xX 0xXXX 0x0 pointer1 pointer2 (sometimes)pointer3

Pointer1 goes to what the trainer says when they see you, I think, the second is for after the battle before the battle screen closes and the last, when applicable, is for continuing the script after the trainer is defeated, as in a gym battle. Anyway the type of music depends on that value and I think that 0x1 is the value needed for a gym battle. Easy way to find out is to go to a gym leader in a vanilla rom and check his/her script, which should be something that you do often, checking scripts similar to yours to find out how to do them (not that I think that applies here). You may already know this but if theres a chance it could help, might as well try.

Good luck.

Last edited by mrjimi16; August 13th, 2012 at 09:28 PM. Reason: found some new info
Old August 12th, 2012, 01:47 PM
redriders180
Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via AIM to redriders180 Send a message via Skype™ to redriders180
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenInfernoZX View Post
I installed RTC and day and night on my rom hack. Does that mean I can know make Pokemon evolve with happiness during day or night?
If you're using DNS, you'll be able to have day/night evolutions, IF you install an "expansion pack". First, make sure you have installed the DAN system (the bit that changes the palette to go from bright to dark during the day and night). Secondly, make sure you have the newest version of DNS, go to Tools>DNS-Extensions, and enter in some free space to insert day/night evolutionary capabilities.

Thank you for hatching the eggs!
Please view these dragons! Just click them and you're done!
If you don't help them grow up, they'll die...

Old August 12th, 2012, 02:55 PM
south69_dallas
Unhatched Egg

couple ?'s. 1st: in am 1.92 is there a way to have more options for tiles? doesnt seem like there is alot to work with

2nd: i changed the starting pokemon but the rival after the 1st encounter goes back to having the old starter. there a way to change this?
Old August 12th, 2012, 04:46 PM
mrjimi16
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by south69_dallas View Post
2nd: i changed the starting pokemon but the rival after the 1st encounter goes back to having the old starter. there a way to change this?
Do you mean that the battles after the first battle use a different Pokemon? If so, I believe that those battles are of a type that the script that calls the trainer's team changes after you beat them, meaning one trainer ID can call multiple trainer data. For example, the rival uses the trainer IDs 1AA-1B7 in FireRed with the three Champion battle teams elsewhere. So you may want to take a look at those. You can edit these in PET, I forget where to find it, but the Toolbox forum section is a good bet. For me, his name is listed as Terry, though I am using a rombase (Project Unnamed) so it may be listed as something else.

Of course, I am not sure how far down the rabbit hole you want to go.

Now for a question of my own: Does anybody know of a thread that lists the commands that are compatible with the different types of level scripts? Searching the tutorial section works for some things, but the way it displays the results combined with my internet connection/less-than-state-of-the-art router makes doing a search a lot slower than just asking someone.

Last edited by mrjimi16; August 12th, 2012 at 05:27 PM. Reason: only meant to quote the second question
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here