The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Hacks Showcase > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

View Poll Results: How long should the first beta be?
1 Gym 3 10.34%
2 Gym 26 89.66%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 10th, 2012, 09:01 AM
teejermiester
Minnesotan, you betcha!

Nature: Rash
The first Gym has been mapped. This hack isn't dead, it's just that no one has posted on it *cough, cough*. So, -BUMP-! You don't get to see the tiles, you will in the first Beta. Progress has been slow, but my job has ended so I can start working a little bit again.

...And for all of you who are worrying about surf, don't worry, there will be a TM move with the surf stats available to a lot of the Pokemon who can learn surf. It just won't be an HM, nor will it be surf.

----------------------------
Beta 1 Coming Soon! ||||||||||

Last edited by teejermiester; August 10th, 2012 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Forgot I have a cold...
Old August 10th, 2012, 09:32 AM
0shawott
Togepi

I really like the idea of having an archipelago, but I can't actually see the reigon map, or any of the images on this thread. Well, I can see the Absol, but that's it. I'm not sure if this is just me though? (I'm using Chrome, but they don't load on Internet Explorer either)

★oshawottpiplup★
Old August 10th, 2012, 09:41 AM
godlesplay

I can't see images too, when I click show then nothing do
Old August 10th, 2012, 09:43 AM
teejermiester
Minnesotan, you betcha!

Someone else had that problem. I'm going to upload the photos somewhere else and then back on. Can you see my signature?

EDIT: I re-uploaded them onto a different site, you should be able to see them now.

Last edited by teejermiester; August 10th, 2012 at 09:54 AM.
Old August 11th, 2012, 01:42 PM
teejermiester
Minnesotan, you betcha!

There seems to be next to no people who are paying attention to this hack and support it. So, I'll keep working on it if there are actual people who want me to, but if theres only one or two people there really isn't a point. A lot of you are gonna say "OMG dude you should only do hacking if u luv it", and I do love it, but I have better things to do with my life than work aimlessly at a computer.

Old August 11th, 2012, 01:44 PM
First time hacker
Unhatched Egg

I'm actually really looking forward to this hack. I've always wanted to play a where the map is an island.
Old August 11th, 2012, 08:38 PM
teejermiester
Minnesotan, you betcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by First time hacker View Post
I'm actually really looking forward to this hack. I've always wanted to play a where the map is an island.
See, it's people like you who make we want to continue. But there's tons of people who tune in to hacks like dark rising and ashgray, and close to none who tune into the projects that don't have a release yet. (I'm not hitting on your hack, DRG, it's very good ) It's always bugged me... and I guess I'm just ranting, but back on topic, is there anyone who would want to insert gen 5 sprites for me? It would make my life a ton easier. I probably won't get around to it until after a release if no one offers, since I'm focusing on scripting and the like.

Old August 11th, 2012, 09:21 PM
BeetTester
Unhatched Egg

I'll test it along the way for spelling errors/weird glitches if you'd like, I actually really like this idea.
Old August 12th, 2012, 01:18 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by teejermiester View Post
See, it's people like you who make we want to continue. But there's tons of people who tune in to hacks like dark rising and ashgray, and close to none who tune into the projects that don't have a release yet. (I'm not hitting on your hack, DRG, it's very good ) It's always bugged me... and I guess I'm just ranting, but back on topic, is there anyone who would want to insert gen 5 sprites for me? It would make my life a ton easier. I probably won't get around to it until after a release if no one offers, since I'm focusing on scripting and the like.
You need to look at this from the fans' point of view.
Seeing screenies and features is cool and all but nothing can beat the experience they gain from actually playing the game.
(Not to mention you can discover bugs only by playing, y'know? :D)
Old August 12th, 2012, 09:02 AM
teejermiester
Minnesotan, you betcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeetTester View Post
I'll test it along the way for spelling errors/weird glitches if you'd like, I actually really like this idea.
Alright, I'll put you down as a beta tester.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post

You need to look at this from the fans' point of view.
Seeing screenies and features is cool and all but nothing can beat the experience they gain from actually playing the game.
(Not to mention you can discover bugs only by playing, y'know? :D)
I get where you're coming from. I'm just more or less rambling, haha, I don't mean to start a whole discussion about where ROM hacking is going these days.

I'm working my hardest to supply you guys with a Beta 0.5, and now I have Oshawatt on my team to help me insert sprites. We'll (most likely) be using Chaosrush's sprites.

Old August 13th, 2012, 07:01 AM
blazerj13
Impossibly Possible~

Nature: Adamant
i support this hack and what your doing, but i want to wait for a release closer to the final. keep on hacking
Old August 13th, 2012, 01:49 PM
Notepads
Beginning Trainer

A lot of water on the starting map :I not to keen on the tile colours but it seems good otherwise.
Old August 18th, 2012, 04:36 PM
mavy42
I'm back, broz :)

Nature: Gentle
This hack is very nice! Especially the graphics! Hope beta 1 comes out soon! Minecraft can really cause addiction by the way! Because of that, I give you a banner! Give Credit and just say the word if you want a redo!

HTML Code:
[URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=283851"][IMG]http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o627/mavy42/banners%2032/crimsonversion2.png[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited by mavy42; August 18th, 2012 at 07:26 PM.
Old August 18th, 2012, 05:20 PM
BeetTester
Unhatched Egg

When are you planning to release/test the first beta?
Old August 20th, 2012, 12:58 PM
teejermiester
Minnesotan, you betcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavy42 View Post
This hack is very nice! Especially the graphics! Hope beta 1 comes out soon! Minecraft can really cause addiction by the way! Because of that, I give you a banner! Give Credit and just say the word if you want a redo!

HTML Code:
[URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=283851"][IMG]http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o627/mavy42/banners%2032/crimsonversion2.png[/IMG][/URL]
Haha, thank you very much. That looks fantastic, thanks for going through that trouble for this. I'm going to add this to my signature right away. Any fans should do the same, although I'm aware there isn't much to be a fan of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeetTester View Post
When are you planning to release/test the first beta?
I could lie and try to pinpoint the time, but the truth is I don't know. It could be a couple weeks, it could be 3 months. I haven't much time to work on it lately, and once I finish the mapping and scripting Oshawatt has to do some sprite work, and I don't know how long that will take. So, just be patient, I would rather take my time with this than rush it and have it be poor quality or be too pressured and drop the project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notepads View Post
A lot of water on the starting map :I not to keen on the tile colours but it seems good otherwise.
It actually isn't that much water, I took crappy shots. It just seems like that because of where I was standing when I captured the image.

What do you think is wrong with the tile colors? I'm probably not going to change anything, but it would be interesting to hear your comment.

I just worked to change the gym tiles to something a little less trying, so things are slowly getting there. I'm considering releasing a pokedex soon as well.

Old August 21st, 2012, 05:41 AM
Pinkish Purple
五代目水影

Nature: Naughty
OMG, ChikoritaMudkipz :O I thought you quitted hacking forever, please post more tile inserting tutorial on your channel, I am confused on which tile to replace.
Old August 21st, 2012, 09:00 AM
teejermiester
Minnesotan, you betcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkish Purple View Post
OMG, ChikoritaMudkipz :O I thought you quitted hacking forever, please post more tile inserting tutorial on your channel, I am confused on which tile to replace.
I think you either have the wrong thread, or.... Yeah, that's probably it. I could always help you with inserting tiles, but it sounds like you have the help you need, so.... adios, buddy.

EDIT: Scripting has started, major mapping is done up to Laikos City.

Last edited by teejermiester; August 21st, 2012 at 09:34 AM.
Old August 21st, 2012, 10:19 AM
Dimebag
Getcha' Pull !

I really want to see it getting complete ! just believe in yourself and your supporters !
Old August 21st, 2012, 10:35 AM
teejermiester
Minnesotan, you betcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gam3r! View Post
I really want to see it getting complete ! just believe in yourself and your supporters !
Haha, thanks. Coming back to scripting after programming java for a few months takes some getting used to... things are almost too easy.

Old August 21st, 2012, 10:42 AM
Dimebag
Getcha' Pull !

That's good to hear ! keep it up
Old August 21st, 2012, 12:40 PM
teejermiester
Minnesotan, you betcha!

Just finished writing some CSS. It's nowhere near complete, but you guys should check it out and tell me what you think. I'm working on colors, etc. It will be cmpletely finished probably before midnight US central time.

Old August 22nd, 2012, 04:44 AM
Dimebag
Getcha' Pull !

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejermiester View Post
Just finished writing some CSS. It's nowhere near complete, but you guys should check it out and tell me what you think. I'm working on colors, etc. It will be cmpletely finished probably before midnight US central time.
Great ! That's good to hear !
Old August 22nd, 2012, 07:54 AM
RetroRoller
When one door opens...

Nature: Jolly
Finally, someone who shares my taste in tiles :3 It looks and sounds really cool. I'm glad you haven't used a crazy storyline where you gut hurled into the middle of it straight away or something with a gimmick such as "the apocalypse happened". There aren't many hacks like that nowadays - at least not since the days of Light Platinum and Flora Sky, hehe.

I map for Half-Life 2 as well!
My first Pokémon "hack"!
I've written some Creepypasta, too.
Old August 22nd, 2012, 10:04 AM
teejermiester
Minnesotan, you betcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroRoller View Post
Finally, someone who shares my taste in tiles :3 It looks and sounds really cool. I'm glad you haven't used a crazy storyline where you gut hurled into the middle of it straight away or something with a gimmick such as "the apocalypse happened". There aren't many hacks like that nowadays - at least not since the days of Light Platinum and Flora Sky, hehe.
Oh man, someone who gets me! Haha, I can't stand it when people make their hacks come off as all crazy and apocalyptic or intense. I'm just shooting for a deep Pokemon game, with cartoony and classic tiles. It's nice to have someone who agrees with where I want his hack to go. You, buddy, are getting a friend request right now.

EDIT: I just put a pokedex feature in the original thread. While it only has three or so Pokemon in it right now, that list will grow. Yes, I'm putting I-V gen in this hack. Suggestions will be duly noted, although most will not be included.

Last edited by teejermiester; August 22nd, 2012 at 12:19 PM.
Old August 23rd, 2012, 06:49 AM
RetroRoller
When one door opens...

Nature: Jolly
I often find myself trudging through tile sheets looking for bright-ish grass and path tiles - most are dull and depressing I'm expecting some beautiful landscapes

Also, check out Jambo51's FireRed 649 Patch if you want to have IV & V gen in your hack, it's in early development but it works!

I map for Half-Life 2 as well!
My first Pokémon "hack"!
I've written some Creepypasta, too.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links