• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokemon: Crimson Version

How long should the first beta be?

• 1 Gym

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • 2 Gym

Votes: 26 89.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years
If you need any help fixing those errors, feel free to throw me a message, also I can see the pictures now, hack looks great.

I think I got it, actually. But thanks, I'll keep you in mind if I ever have problems. The place is still
images
utely ridden with tile errors, but its not too bad to look at right now. They will be fixed, don't worry your little heads. Here's some screenshots:

bA9UvL.png
qGo7lp.png
n3INil.png

I'm changing the PC tiles, it is not a good thing when your PC is bigger than a gym... that gym is Normal type, just so you know.​

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2012
I think I got it, actually. But thanks, I'll keep you in mind if I ever have problems. The place is still
images
utely ridden with tile errors, but its not too bad to look at right now. They will be fixed, don't worry your little heads. Here's some screenshots:

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

I'm changing the PC tiles, it is not a good thing when your PC is bigger than a gym... that gym is Normal type, just so you know.​

Gorgeous tiles, and exquisite maps. The palette is bright, yet elegant, and even though I typically enjoy dull colours, this works so well in your hack.
I can't wait for the first beta.
Please keep it up. If you need any help at all, or any tips on keeping motivated, please don't hesitate to ask.

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years
Gorgeous tiles, and exquisite maps. The palette is bright, yet elegant, and even though I typically enjoy dull colours, this works so well in your hack.
I can't wait for the first beta.
Please keep it up. If you need any help at all, or any tips on keeping motivated, please don't hesitate to ask.

Haha, thanks. Progress will be slight for a couple weeks due to my summer job and a... um, mild addiction to minecraft, but in around two weeks I'll be done and able to focus on the hack once again.

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years
The first Gym has been mapped. This hack isn't dead, it's just that no one has posted on it *cough, cough*. So, -BUMP-! You don't get to see the tiles, you will in the first Beta. Progress has been slow, but my job has ended so I can start working a little bit again.

...And for all of you who are worrying about surf, don't worry, there will be a TM move with the surf stats available to a lot of the Pokemon who can learn surf. It just won't be an HM, nor will it be surf.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2019
I really like the idea of having an archipelago, but I can't actually see the reigon map, or any of the images on this thread. Well, I can see the Absol, but that's it. I'm not sure if this is just me though? (I'm using Chrome, but they don't load on Internet Explorer either)

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years
Someone else had that problem. I'm going to upload the photos somewhere else and then back on. Can you see my signature?

EDIT: I re-uploaded them onto a different site, you should be able to see them now.

Last edited:

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years
There seems to be next to no people who are paying attention to this hack and support it. So, I'll keep working on it if there are actual people who want me to, but if theres only one or two people there really isn't a point. A lot of you are gonna say "OMG dude you should only do hacking if u luv it", and I do love it, but I have better things to do with my life than work aimlessly at a computer.

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years
I'm actually really looking forward to this hack. I've always wanted to play a where the map is an island.

See, it's people like you who make we want to continue. But there's tons of people who tune in to hacks like dark rising and ashgray, and close to none who tune into the projects that don't have a release yet. (I'm not hitting on your hack, DRG, it's very good ;)) It's always bugged me... and I guess I'm just ranting, but back on topic, is there anyone who would want to insert gen 5 sprites for me? It would make my life a ton easier. I probably won't get around to it until after a release if no one offers, since I'm focusing on scripting and the like.

Years
  • Seen Jul 4, 2013
I'll test it along the way for spelling errors/weird glitches if you'd like, I actually really like this idea.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
See, it's people like you who make we want to continue. But there's tons of people who tune in to hacks like dark rising and ashgray, and close to none who tune into the projects that don't have a release yet. (I'm not hitting on your hack, DRG, it's very good ;)) It's always bugged me... and I guess I'm just ranting, but back on topic, is there anyone who would want to insert gen 5 sprites for me? It would make my life a ton easier. I probably won't get around to it until after a release if no one offers, since I'm focusing on scripting and the like.
You need to look at this from the fans' point of view.
Seeing screenies and features is cool and all but nothing can beat the experience they gain from actually playing the game.
(Not to mention you can discover bugs only by playing, y'know? :D)

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years
I'll test it along the way for spelling errors/weird glitches if you'd like, I actually really like this idea.

Alright, I'll put you down as a beta tester.

You need to look at this from the fans' point of view.
Seeing screenies and features is cool and all but nothing can beat the experience they gain from actually playing the game.
(Not to mention you can discover bugs only by playing, y'know? :D)

I get where you're coming from. I'm just more or less rambling, haha, I don't mean to start a whole discussion about where ROM hacking is going these days. ;)

I'm working my hardest to supply you guys with a Beta 0.5, and now I have Oshawatt on my team to help me insert sprites. We'll (most likely) be using Chaosrush's sprites.

blazerj13

Impossibly Possible~
Years
i support this hack and what your doing, but i want to wait for a release closer to the final. keep on hacking ;)

Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2013
A lot of water on the starting map :I not to keen on the tile colours but it seems good otherwise.

mavy42

I'm back, broz :)
Years
Banner

This hack is very nice! Especially the graphics! Hope beta 1 comes out soon! Minecraft can really cause addiction by the way! Because of that, I give you a banner! Give Credit and just say the word if you want a redo! ;)

HTML:
[URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=283851"][IMG]http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o627/mavy42/banners%2032/crimsonversion2.png[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years
This hack is very nice! Especially the graphics! Hope beta 1 comes out soon! Minecraft can really cause addiction by the way! Because of that, I give you a banner! Give Credit and just say the word if you want a redo! ;)

HTML:
[URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=283851"][IMG]http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o627/mavy42/banners%2032/crimsonversion2.png[/IMG][/URL]

Haha, thank you very much. That looks fantastic, thanks for going through that trouble for this. I'm going to add this to my signature right away. Any fans should do the same, although I'm aware there isn't much to be a fan of.

When are you planning to release/test the first beta?

I could lie and try to pinpoint the time, but the truth is I don't know. It could be a couple weeks, it could be 3 months. I haven't much time to work on it lately, and once I finish the mapping and scripting Oshawatt has to do some sprite work, and I don't know how long that will take. So, just be patient, I would rather take my time with this than rush it and have it be poor quality or be too pressured and drop the project.

A lot of water on the starting map :I not to keen on the tile colours but it seems good otherwise.

It actually isn't that much water, I took crappy shots. It just seems like that because of where I was standing when I captured the image.

What do you think is wrong with the tile colors? I'm probably not going to change anything, but it would be interesting to hear your comment.

I just worked to change the gym tiles to something a little less trying, so things are slowly getting there. I'm considering releasing a pokedex soon as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back