The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 14th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Zagan
King of Demons

Nature: Quirky
if i get any funny looks, im normally retort that its a gift for a younger cousin or something

Old August 14th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Hypno
OT: Edgar

Nature: Relaxed
My excuse would be that I like Pokemon games and my 3DS is collecting dust.
Old August 14th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Narrion
Pokémon Professor

Is Pokemon really that unpopular in certain areas? I live in a city that was built around a technology university, and most of the college kids around here love Pokemon. We have an official Pokemon league that meets just outside of the campus, and some of the members are even over 30 years old... even they don't hide their hobby.

I'll just go to the game store the day of release, ask for my pre-ordered copy with a smile, and play with all my friends right there. C:
Old August 14th, 2012, 05:30 PM
WillPowerPedro
https://soundcloud.com/cammdavidson

Nature: Jolly
Nuzlocke. It will give me something to do.

I just released a few albums a couple days ago. If you go to my tumblr, there are links there!
Old August 17th, 2012, 02:09 AM
Pokestick, good times.
An awesome usertitle
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Why should I really be ashamed to buy Pokémon games?
They're pretty damn popular in the age groups that grew up with the games.

Besides, when I go there and pick up the game, I think the cashiers will have seen so many people coming to buy it that they're not gonna care about whether I do or not.

Old August 17th, 2012, 03:29 AM
M4
Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narrion View Post
Is Pokemon really that unpopular in certain areas? I live in a city that was built around a technology university, and most of the college kids around here love Pokemon. We have an official Pokemon league that meets just outside of the campus, and some of the members are even over 30 years old... even they don't hide their hobby.

I'll just go to the game store the day of release, ask for my pre-ordered copy with a smile, and play with all my friends right there. C:
My city has too much swag for Pokemon.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=286185
Old August 17th, 2012, 12:11 PM
Sabrewulf238

My excuse is "I want it".

Simple.

I would be ashamed of myself if I ever ridiculed somebody for doing something they enjoy. (as long as they're not hurting anyone by doing it of course) The last thing anybody needs is me judging them for every little thing.

Last edited by Sabrewulf238; August 17th, 2012 at 12:50 PM.
Old August 17th, 2012, 10:55 PM
Bourne-mouth
Trainer

Nature: Serious
My excuse? I want it. It's the most anticipated Pokemon game ever, so why not.

I definitely won't feel ashamed, I've been a Pokemon fan all my life and everyone here in my place knows it. Surely they can't do a single thing if that's a person's interest.
Old August 19th, 2012, 11:20 AM
ReshZek200
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagan View Post
if i get any funny looks, im normally retort that its a gift for a younger cousin or something
You are ashamed of liking pokemon?! So sad... I thought people would stand up for the game, but you say it is for another... Pssh.. I'M 14 and this franchise fuuuu- epic to me.
Old August 20th, 2012, 06:52 AM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

My excuse? Do y'all (the clerks) want to see my money, or not? If not, I can always take my business elsewhere. Oh yeah, I'll also tell them I plan on evaluating it for my blog (which isn't a lie either).

Or I can always come stumbling into the store acting like I'm drunk. They'll just chalk it up to an impulse purchase made while intoxicated.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Friend Safari:
*GMC Safari
*Pontiac Safari
*Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser
Old August 20th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Leviathan-666
Beginning Trainer

I don't need an excuse to buy it. I have no reason to be ashamed of playing the game.
Old August 20th, 2012, 01:48 PM
Spinosaurus
Your favorite Pokemon sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReshZek200 View Post
You are ashamed of liking pokemon?! So sad... I thought people would stand up for the game, but you say it is for another... Pssh.. I'M 14 and this franchise fuuuu- epic to me.
I think what's sad is criticizing people for being ashamed to like the series, let alone buy anything related to it. That is almost as bad, if not worse, than people criticizing for liking the franchise as a whole. You're being nothing but a hypocritical fanboy.

Whether you like Pokemon or being ashamed about it, it doesn't matter, regardless of age. It also doesn't matter if others think people of older age shouldn't play the games or enjoy the series. I personally don't like Pokemon anymore, and think it's rehash after rehash, but whether people like it or hate it is the least of my concerns. Now, criticizing others for their opinions, no matter which side, is what doesn't fly by me.
Old August 20th, 2012, 05:37 PM
Katholic Nun
of the Khristian Kollection

Nature: Adamant
I work in retail and when people buy things that aren't targeted at their demographic, they always come up to the counter and say things like "oh this isn't for me" - and therefore I know from personal experience that the cashier doesn't give a crap what you buy... because I know I don't give a crap what anybody wants to buy.

So when I go to the counter at the game store, I do it the same way I'd buy a packet of chocolate biscuits. It's also the same way I'd buy a pack of condoms. I'd walk easily to the counter, ask for the game, get it and leave lol. I'm even buying both versions, so I should be doubly embarrassed... but I'm not

Moderator of General Chat
PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
"like when AT&T was paying for our meals in dallas you bet your ass I ordered the lamb" - Oryx, 2014 A.D.
Old August 20th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Phoenixian
Beginning Trainer

It shames me more to be a part of the society where people could question my interest in a video game - Especially a game so fun and successful , than it ever would to buy the game in the first place. I can't imagine needing an excuse... But that's not what the topic's about, so...

If for some reason I felt that I needed an excuse, something like 'I'm buying it for my younger sister' Though, that would hardly be a lie. Come the end of the year, I'll probably have brought this game five times over - I get both, my sisters get one each, and I'll buy my dad a copy for Christmas - He loves the Pokemon games ^.^
Old August 20th, 2012, 10:03 PM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Nature: Serious
Everyone is a geek of some sort and should be ashamed of it. Those of us in this community are pokegeeks. Others Call of Duty, Halo, etc.. Others fitness and so forth. I admit I am a pokegeek, or pokenerd. One should be ashamed of that and if your friends cant accept that fact, well then they werent your friends in the first place were they?
Old August 21st, 2012, 12:12 AM
AWsquared
It's another wolf bite.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to AWsquared
^ That makes no sense to me. I don't need an excuse, I just love Pokemon and have loved it for 14 years. People shouldn't be ashamed to be a nerd or geek or Pokenerd. And as other have mentioned you shouldn't be ashamed to be a Pokemon game and no one at the store really gives a crap what you buy.

Mega Sceptile and Treecko for life yo.
DeviantArt |Tumblr | Art Gallery| Ask Me Stuff |Paired to | Avatar source:[x]
Old August 21st, 2012, 03:38 AM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Send a message via AIM to bobandbill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobandbill
I had a conversation about the games once with the clerk when I was buying BW, and they were many years older than me, haha.

I don't really care - I just go and buy the game. As such my excuse for buying the game will be 'because it's fun'. =p

Sheep in the Big City: General Specific
Old August 21st, 2012, 05:52 AM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

You guys are all way too brave, I plan to sit at home behind the keyboard and order it :p
Old August 21st, 2012, 11:48 AM
rdrago
Beginning Trainer

I won't be buying them, they had a great opportunity to make a new addition to the Pokemon story and franchise but instead made two of the third color.
Old August 21st, 2012, 12:39 PM
empty streets
Ace trainer ★

Nature: Brave
Back when I bought Diamond I felt a LITTLE shy, because no one, and I mean NO.ONE.plays pokemon in my country T_T It's strange that they even sell pokemon games here.
But when I bought White I didn't care, and what's more, I found it really amusing when boys or men stare at me at the shop, saying something like "omg a pretty girl plays games? that's cool~" with their gaze, LOL.
As for the "exuse" part - if I want something, other people's thoughts are the last thing that I care about.
Old August 21st, 2012, 01:07 PM
Mr Mime
Beginning Trainer

I don't think people should need an excuse, it's a game. I never really understood why Pokemon was to be deemed a "kids" game, and games like Mario aren't. I'll probably buy it through Best Buy and get the reward points.
Old August 21st, 2012, 06:18 PM
M4
Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!

Nature: Careful
If you think it's just A game then you have NO game

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=286185
Old August 21st, 2012, 08:35 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Nature: Lonely
I'll probably quietly/nonchalantly (or I'll try as best as I can) hand it to the cashier and then be on my merry way. Perhaps I'll order it online though...
Old August 21st, 2012, 11:12 PM
Ninjagon
Back from a break.

Send a message via Skype™ to Ninjagon
I'm pre-ordering them both to be picked-up IN STORE so i guess i don't really care. I mean i was VERY ashamed when i got my event (Snarl) Zoroark from EB Games. <.<; But when i picked up White at K-Mart, i just wanted it THAT badly, i'd been waiting 3 months post-release. So my excuse is that "i've waited patiently since i heard of it, so I don't really care what you think." Plus, if they do a Midnight release, i'll be with other Pokemon Geeks.

There aren't many Lions left in the world now, yet poachers still exist. Even though it is illegal it still happens. Don't have anything to do with poaching - Take pride in your actions (pun intended)
Old August 22nd, 2012, 12:09 AM
AWsquared
It's another wolf bite.
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to AWsquared
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdrago View Post
I won't be buying them, they had a great opportunity to make a new addition to the Pokemon story and franchise but instead made two of the third color.
What are you talking about? Sequels ARE a new addition to the Pokemon story. In fact, they're a continuation to the Black and White story which is different than making a third version with just extra features and basically the same story but altered a bit. It's actually an innovation to the franchise and is a change. That's kind of silly if that's your only excuse for not buying these games.

Mega Sceptile and Treecko for life yo.
DeviantArt |Tumblr | Art Gallery| Ask Me Stuff |Paired to | Avatar source:[x]
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links