The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 14th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Powalen
the Dark Sovereign

What was the first shiny you ever encountered? Did you even know what a shiny was? Did you catch it, did it faint, or were you out of pokeballs. Mine was a sunkern in the Hoenn safari zone. Caught it with my last ball. I bragged for two days.

*Lake of Rage Gyarados does not count. It likely was everybody's "First" shiny.

"By force of will!"
Old August 14th, 2012, 07:07 PM
Jiggly Jello
DJ Squiggles

Nature: Quirky
I have never caught a shiny

It makes me sad cuz I like shiny things...

Old August 14th, 2012, 07:20 PM
Pokemaniac007

the first shiny i caught not including the red gyrados was a shiny sneazel in the ice cave leading to blackthorn city! a shame no pokemon can be transferred from pokemon crystal to any gen 3 or newer gen game...
Old August 14th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Powalen
the Dark Sovereign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemaniac007 View Post
the first shiny i caught not including the red gyrados was a shiny sneazel in the ice cave leading to blackthorn city! a shame no pokemon can be transferred from pokemon crystal to any gen 3 or newer gen game...
A shiny sneasel is really awesome. They are rare in their normal form!

"By force of will!"
Old August 14th, 2012, 07:29 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
The first shiny I saw was Sableye in Sapphire, but I ran from it. The first shiny I caught, however, was Koffing in Emerald. Since then, I always catch shinies as soon as I see them.

Old August 14th, 2012, 07:34 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Nature: Lonely
Not counting the red gyarados, the first shiny I ever caught was the pre-evo of my username lol.
Old August 14th, 2012, 08:18 PM
Pokemon Trainer UV
Attractively foolish

Nature: Serious
My first shiny ever caught was a Ponyta... I've never encountered a shiny again.. ONE DAY I WILL.
Old August 14th, 2012, 08:27 PM
Powalen
the Dark Sovereign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer UV View Post
My first shiny ever caught was a Ponyta... I've never encountered a shiny again.. ONE DAY I WILL.

After I encountered my sunkern I thought I would never see another shiny and years later(just a few weeks ago) I found a shiny Nidoran female. I did not realize it though until after i caught it.

"By force of will!"
Old August 14th, 2012, 08:31 PM
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter

My first Shiny encountered was a Duskull in my Ruby Version.

Caught her and she's now resting in my PC. She's female with a Serious nature.
Old August 14th, 2012, 08:32 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
never caught a shiny, but I did see a shiny Starly on Route 201 right before I got my Pokéballs.

I've never seen a shiny since or after.

ughhhhhhhh

Old August 14th, 2012, 08:35 PM
Powalen
the Dark Sovereign

Quote:
Originally Posted by droomph View Post
never caught a shiny, but I did see a shiny Starly on Route 201 right before I got my Pokéballs.

I've never seen a shiny since or after.

ughhhhhhhh
I have always feared encountering a shiny before i get my pokeballs. I feel really bad that happened

"By force of will!"
Old August 14th, 2012, 09:15 PM
Brendino
Oh good grief.

Nature: Quiet
The first shiny that I ever encountered was a Teddiursa back on Gold. I only had high-leveled Pokemon with me at the time, and I ended up KOing it even with a weak move.

The first I caught, though, was a Shiny Shroomish on Sapphire. I don't even remember finding it, but a few years later when I was checking my boxes before I restarted my game, I found it sitting there. I ended up trading it to my Fire Red, and then transferring it to Heart Gold where it still is today!

(reduced activity through december, poke me if you need me)
Old August 14th, 2012, 09:19 PM
Powalen
the Dark Sovereign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendino View Post
The first shiny that I ever encountered was a Teddiursa back on Gold. I only had high-leveled Pokemon with me at the time, and I ended up KOing it even with a weak move.

The first I caught, though, was a Shiny Shroomish on Sapphire. I don't even remember finding it, but a few years later when I was checking my boxes before I restarted my game, I found it sitting there. I ended up trading it to my Fire Red, and then transferring it to Heart Gold where it still is today!
You should evolve it. Breloom is one of the best pokemon out there!

"By force of will!"
Old August 14th, 2012, 09:23 PM
Brendino
Oh good grief.

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellicentfan1 View Post
You should evolve it. Breloom is one of the best pokemon out there!
Forgot to mention that I already did, haha :D. I would use it more, but I've been waiting until I finish up with Pokemon White, and then I'll transfer it over again and train it there.

(reduced activity through december, poke me if you need me)
Old August 14th, 2012, 09:25 PM
Kanto_Johto
Never glimpse the truth

Nature: Bold
A Raticate in one of the Gen II games on Route 38, and a Pidgey on one of the early routes in FireRed. That's it so far though.

Unfortunately I've never been able to put either of them to significant use. My Silver's battery died and Gold and Crystal I've started new games on numerous times, and Gold's battery also died about a year ago. FireRed I started a new game on because I wasn't happy with Bulbasaur at the time and him and Pidgey were my only Pokemon. I love Venusaur now, though.
Old August 14th, 2012, 11:14 PM
Plumpyfoof

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Plumpyfoof
My first was a green Machop in Emerald, I was shocked but I caught it. It was a girl so I caught a boy and used that instead. And then in the same play-through I caught a Green Zubat. I have since started over. The only shiny I have now is a shiny Magikarp I found in the Lake of Rage, I also have the red Gyarados from the Lake of Rage, but I was so pissed to find a golden Magikarp right before I caught Gyarados. Now I'm refraining from evolving it because then people think it's hacked or something
Old August 14th, 2012, 11:43 PM
Pokemon Trainer UV
Attractively foolish

Nature: Serious
Actually, forgot to mention that the shiny Ponyta ran away from me about 3 times, but I managed to keep encountering it!
That was cool.. I still regret trading the dang thing for a dumb Sceptile..
Old August 15th, 2012, 01:52 AM
LightningAlex

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LightningAlex Send a message via Skype™ to LightningAlex

Yeah, I still remember this like it was yesterday. A green Tentacool - had no idea what a shiny is. So I thought it was a glitch of some sort and ran away from it...

Any spriter interested in having their Fakemon appear in a fan game? Or designing fake Mega Evolutions? Shoot me a PM
Old August 15th, 2012, 02:52 AM
Nineray
Green Okido

Nature: Brave
I've encountered 3

Back in Gold There was a shiny hoot hoot on the way to Mr.Pokemons house to get the mystery egg.

First one i caught was a Litwick during my solo run with haxorus then i lost my old copy of white...

And the most recent one was the other day in HeartGold i found marrep shiny during my Challenge
Old August 15th, 2012, 03:20 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I found shiny Roselia. That is the only shiny I've encountered beside the ones already implemented like shiny Gyarados, shiny Ononokus, etc...

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old August 15th, 2012, 03:41 AM
Ach7AC
Mime Jr.

A shiny Goldeen just outside in Mt. Mortar in Silver. I'm not sure I was aware of shiny Pokemon, but I knew that Goldeen had something special about it. Since most people in this thread caught their first shiny in Gen. III or later, then I guess I was lucky.
Old August 15th, 2012, 04:44 AM
Perico
Ripper

Nature: Gentle
I can't remember if I found one when I played Gold because it was long ago, but I remember my first shiny in Ruby, and it was a Magnemite found in New Mauville.

Allez, hop!

Last edited by Perico; August 15th, 2012 at 04:46 AM. Reason: Better a R/S sprite xP
Old August 15th, 2012, 04:47 AM
F1refly
Master of Infinite Darkness

I still haven't caught a shiny yet but I did see a Shiny Latios after finishing emerald. Too bad I had already used my master ball. Is finding a Shiny merely chance or is there something special to do to find them?
Old August 15th, 2012, 05:23 AM
Zayphora
Don't mess with the lights...

Nature: Sassy
^well some people RNG but idk...

My first and only one was a green Wingull, it was completely random... It's cute .
Old August 15th, 2012, 07:15 AM
Ach7AC
Mime Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1refly View Post
I still haven't caught a shiny yet but I did see a Shiny Latios after finishing emerald. Too bad I had already used my master ball. Is finding a Shiny merely chance or is there something special to do to find them?

Per chance. There is a 1/8192 chance that a wild Pokemon will be shiny. But it's not completely random, as there is no method of creating a real random number generator. This can be exploited to find shiny Pokemon, but their legitimacy is highly debated.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links