The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 10th, 2012, 07:34 PM
EHero70

Nature: Bold

Advertise here
Hey I need help with this script im working on. It seems like there shouldn't be any problems. It compiles fine but when I step on the square that has the script event nothing happens. But when I walk back onto without exciting the room my game freezes up and I can't do anything. I know my rom isn't corrupted because every othe script works fine but this one. Here is my script (I am using XSE and Pokemon Ruby)
Spoiler:

#dynamic 0x1C6DE5
#org @start
checkflag 0x201
if 0x01 goto @done
applymovement 0x00 @move
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @1 0x6
trainerbattle 0x0 0x2B6 0x0 @intro @defeat
applymovement 0x0 @move2
msgbox @3 0x6
applymovement 0x1 @move4
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @2 0x6
applymovement 0x0 @move5
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @4 0x6
setflag 0x201
release
end
#org @done
release
end
#org @move
#raw 0x02
#raw 0x56
#raw 0x00
#raw 0x08
#raw 0x02
#raw 0x0A
#raw 0x0A
#raw 0x0A
#raw 0x0A
#raw 0x0A
#raw 0x0A
#raw 0x01
#raw 0xFE
#org @move2
#raw 0x56
#raw 0x15
#raw 0x15
#raw 0x15
#raw 0xFE
#org @move4
#raw 0x56
#raw 0x01
#raw 0x16
#raw 0x16
#raw 0x02
#raw 0x17
#raw 0x17
#raw 0x17
#raw 0x01
#raw 0xFE
#org @move5
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09
#raw 0xFE
#org @1
= WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT ARE YOU DOING\nIN MY ROOM!?\pPOLYGON GO!!
#org @2
= FELIX: Hold on a minute there\nbuddy!\pMove one step and I will have\nmy Baltoy personaly drag you down\lto the police station!\pNow everybody just calm down!\nWho are you?\land where did you come from?\pWAIT WHAT??\pOh my goodness we are soo sorry!\pPaige!!\pThis is our new neighbor who just\nmoved here!\p
#org @3
= FELIX DO SOMETHING!!!
#org @4
= PAIGE: I am very sorry! I didn't\nmean to make a scene.\pLet me introduce myself properly.\nMy name is PAIGE and this is my\lbrother FELIX.\pWe are both Pokemon Trianers\nourselves.\pYou see we already have our\nPokemon. We got them yesterday\lfrom the Professer.\pMy is obviously a Porygon as you\nsaw.\pAnd my brother has a Baltoy.\pWe have been training hard because\nwe are going to get all 8 Gym\lBadges and take on the Pokemon\lLeague!\pBefore you came we were actually\ngetting ready to set off on our\ljourney.\pWait! I know! How about we have a\nlittle competition!\pWhoever get's the first badge\nbefore the other wins!\pSo as you see there is no time to\nloose!\pCome on FELIX let's get there\nfirst!\pBye!\nI'll see you soon!
#org @intro
= I DON"T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING\nHERE BUT IM CALLING THE COPS\lAFTER THIS BATTLE!!
#org @defeat
= HOW DID I LOOSE TO A CRIMINAL LIKE\nYOU?!?!?

Old August 11th, 2012, 01:44 AM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by EHero70 View Post
Hey I need help with this script im working on. It seems like there shouldn't be any problems. It compiles fine but when I step on the square that has the script event nothing happens. But when I walk back onto without exciting the room my game freezes up and I can't do anything. I know my rom isn't corrupted because every othe script works fine but this one. Here is my script (I am using XSE and Pokemon Ruby)
Spoiler:

#dynamic 0x1C6DE5
#org @start
checkflag 0x201
if 0x01 goto @done
applymovement 0x00 @move
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @1 0x6
applymovement 0x0 @move2
msgbox @3 0x6
applymovement 0x1 @move4
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @2 0x6
applymovement 0x0 @move5
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @4 0x6
setflag 0x201
release
end
#org @done
release
end
#org @move
#raw 0x02
#raw 0x56
#raw 0x00
#raw 0x08
#raw 0x02
#raw 0x0A
#raw 0x0A
#raw 0x0A
#raw 0x0A
#raw 0x0A
#raw 0x0A
#raw 0x01
#raw 0xFE
#org @move2
#raw 0x56
#raw 0x15
#raw 0x15
#raw 0x15
#raw 0xFE
#org @move4
#raw 0x56
#raw 0x01
#raw 0x16
#raw 0x16
#raw 0x02
#raw 0x17
#raw 0x17
#raw 0x17
#raw 0x01
#raw 0xFE
#org @move5
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09
#raw 0xFE
#org @1
#org @2
= FELIX: Hold on a minute there\nbuddy!\pMove one step and I will have\nmy Baltoy personaly drag you down\lto the police station!\pNow everybody just calm down!\nWho are you?\land where did you come from?\pWAIT WHAT??\pOh my goodness we are soo sorry!\pPaige!!\pThis is our new neighbor who just\nmoved here!\p
#org @3
= FELIX DO SOMETHING!!!
#org @4
= PAIGE: I am very sorry! I didn't\nmean to make a scene.\pLet me introduce myself properly.\nMy name is PAIGE and this is my\lbrother FELIX.\pWe are both Pokemon Trianers\nourselves.\pYou see we already have our\nPokemon. We got them yesterday\lfrom the Professer.\pMy is obviously a Porygon as you\nsaw.\pAnd my brother has a Baltoy.\pWe have been training hard because\nwe are going to get all 8 Gym\lBadges and take on the Pokemon\lLeague!\pBefore you came we were actually\ngetting ready to set off on our\ljourney.\pWait! I know! How about we have a\nlittle competition!\pWhoever get's the first badge\nbefore the other wins!\pSo as you see there is no time to\nloose!\pCome on FELIX let's get there\nfirst!\pBye!\nI'll see you soon!
#org @intro
= I DON"T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING\nHERE BUT IM CALLING THE COPS\lAFTER THIS BATTLE!!
#org @defeat

Let me guess, you placed the script box in front of the door right after you warped right? Well everything seems fine but, did you placed a setvar in the scriptbox? If you haven't then input something, and for future scripting it will be much nicer if you input spaces in every pointer...

Here's the much better looking script...
Quote:
#dynamic 0x1C6DE5
#org @start
checkflag 0x201
if 0x01 goto @done
applymovement 0x00 @move
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @1 0x6
applymovement 0x0 @move2
msgbox @3 0x6
applymovement 0x1 @move4
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @2 0x6
applymovement 0x0 @move5
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @4 0x6
setflag 0x201
release
end

#org @done
release
end

#org @move
#raw 0x02
#raw 0x56
#raw 0x00
#raw 0x08
#raw 0x02
#raw 0x0A
#raw 0x0A
#raw 0x0A
#raw 0x0A
#raw 0x0A
#raw 0x0A
#raw 0x01
#raw 0xFE

#org @move2
#raw 0x56
#raw 0x15
#raw 0x15
#raw 0x15
#raw 0xFE

#org @move4
#raw 0x56
#raw 0x01
#raw 0x16
#raw 0x16
#raw 0x02
#raw 0x17
#raw 0x17
#raw 0x17
#raw 0x01
#raw 0xFE

#org @move5
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09
#raw 0xFE

#org @1

#org @2
= FELIX: Hold on a minute there\nbuddy!\pMove one step and I will have\nmy Baltoy personaly drag you down\lto the police station!\pNow everybody just calm down!\nWho are you?\land where did you come from?\pWAIT WHAT??\pOh my goodness we are soo sorry!\pPaige!!\pThis is our new neighbor who just\nmoved here!

#org @3
= FELIX DO SOMETHING!!!

#org @4

#org @intro

#org @defeat
Also if you wan't the script to happen instantly when you warped to the place use a level script instead of a script box...
Old August 11th, 2012, 03:17 AM
EHero70

Thanks and ya I put the script box right outside the door. Is that a bad thing? Oh and about the setvar thing i don't really get how to use them so if you can explain or put one in there for me it would be great. One more thing what is the difference between a level script and a regular script?
Old August 11th, 2012, 04:14 AM
YogiBerra

Hello. I'm having a problem with the below script. It is meant to stop the player, have a sprite walk over to him and tell him one message if he hasn't already stepped on the script, and another if he has stepped on it once before. Then the sprite is supposed to walk back to his original position and turn around. It works fine until the last part, where the sprite will walk back two spaces instead of the three that he needs to in order to return to his position and he won't turn around. I'm using Pokemon FireRed and XSE.

Code:
//---------------
#org 0x801E24
applymovement 0x3 0x8801F96
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x8801F9B
waitmovement 0x0
compare 0x4002 0x1
if 0x1 call 0x8801E6F
compare 0x4002 0x1
if 0x0 call 0x8801E5F
applymovement 0x3 0x8801F9E
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x8801FA4
waitmovement 0x0
release
end

//---------------
#org 0x801E6F
msgbox 0x8801F76 MSG_KEEPOPEN //"You heard me! Oak's Lab, now!"
return

//---------------
#org 0x801E5F
msgbox 0x8801E7A MSG_KEEPOPEN //"Shhhh! Don't say anything.\nPreten..."
waitmsg
setvar 0x4002 0x1
return

//---------
// Strings
//---------
#org 0x801F76
= You heard me! Oak's Lab, now!

#org 0x801E7A
= Shhhh! Don't say anything.\nPretend we're having a harmless\lconversation. I'm undercover,\lhiding from Team Rocket. You're\lprobably wondering how you know\lyou can trust me. You can't. Just\lgo to the lab before you go to\lViridian, Oak needs to see you.

//-----------
// Movements
//-----------
#org 0x801F96
#raw 0x12 //Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0xFE //End of Movements

#org 0x801F9B
#raw 0x3 //Face Right

#org 0x801F9E
#raw 0x13 //Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x2 //Face Left

#org 0x801FA4
#raw 0x10 //Step Down (Normal)

Last edited by YogiBerra; August 11th, 2012 at 01:25 PM.
Old August 11th, 2012, 04:19 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Thanks and ya I put the script box right outside the door. Is that a bad thing?
Of course. Because player would need to return to that exact spot to activate the script.

Quote:
One more thing what is the difference between a level script and a regular script?
Level script is the only possibility how to activate script right after player steps out of the door.
I'm not using the definition with "right after player walks to another map" because in routes you can simulate level script with normal tile script.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old August 11th, 2012, 04:44 AM
EHero70

oh ok so if i am using a level script i wouldn't need the script event little green box right? I just set my regular script as the level script instead?
Old August 11th, 2012, 06:39 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
oh ok so if i am using a level script i wouldn't need the script event little green box right? I just set my regular script as the level script instead?
Yes. Level scripts are in header view of the map.
It's best to read some tutorials first, cooley's is pretty good.

Old August 11th, 2012, 11:15 AM
EHero70

ok I am still kind of confused. I don't really understand setvar and don't know how to use it. If I do use it to I have to take out check flag and setflag? And will this event only happen once right?
Old August 11th, 2012, 02:35 PM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
Quote:
ok I am still kind of confused. I don't really understand setvar and don't know how to use it. If I do use it to I have to take out check flag and setflag? And will this event only happen once right?
Ok so you already used a checkflag in your script right?, then you don't need to input a setvar in your script unless your going to do a Level Script...

Ok this is what you have to do...
In A-map click on the script box where your script is there's a textbox there that says variable if you haven't put anything on it it should have $0000, then change that number to maybe 3500, (I don't know if this variable is safe but try it out! xD) After that save and test it out, if nothing happens when you walk on the script box then change the 3500, then test it out again...

For level scripts uhhh, it's really hard to explain but now you have to include the setvar in your script, maybe read some scripting tutorials it would help you a lot...
Old August 11th, 2012, 02:50 PM
EHero70

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajaros View Post

Ok so you already used a checkflag in your script right?, then you don't need to input a setvar in your script unless your going to do a Level Script...

In A-map click on the script box where your script is there's a textbox there that says variable if you haven't put anything on it it should have $0000, then change that number to maybe 3500, (I don't know if this variable is safe but try it out! xD) After that save and test it out, if nothing happens when you walk on the script box then change the 3500, then test it out again...

For level scripts uhhh, it's really hard to explain but now you have to include the setvar in your script, maybe read some scripting tutorials it would help you a lot...
But i don't understand if I have both setflag and checkflag in my script already then where do I include my setvar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajaros View Post

Can you actually fix up my script with using the setvar to make it a level script? So basically what i am asking is if you can use my script and include the setvar and fix my script up or something then tell me how to put it into my game as a level script?
Code:
#dynamic 0x1C6DE5
#org @start
checkflag 0x201
if 0x1 goto @done
applymovement 0x01 @move
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @1 0x6 
applymovement 0x1 @move2
msgbox @3 0x6
applymovement 0x2 @move4
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @2 0x6
applymovement 0x1 @move5
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @4 0x6
setflag 0x201
release
end
#org @done
release
end
#org @move
#raw 0x02
#raw 0x56
#raw 0x00
#raw 0x08
#raw 0x02
#raw 0x0A
#raw 0x0A
#raw 0x0A
#raw 0x0A
#raw 0x0A
#raw 0x0A
#raw 0x01
#raw 0xFE
#org @move2
#raw 0x56
#raw 0x00
#raw 0x08
#raw 0x08
#raw 0x08
#raw 0x01
#raw 0xFE
#org @move4
#raw 0x56
#raw 0x01
#raw 0x16
#raw 0x16
#raw 0x02
#raw 0x17 
#raw 0x17 
#raw 0x17 
#raw 0x01
#raw 0xFE
#org @move5
#raw 0x09 
#raw 0x09 
#raw 0x09 
#raw 0xFE
#org @1
= WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT ARE YOU DOING\nIN MY ROOM!?\pPORYGON GO!!
#org @2
#org @3
= FELIX DO SOMETHING!!!
#org @4
#org @intro
#org @defeat
Besides my other question which I still don't understand

I have one more small simple question. In my othe script (level script) once the script finishes and the guy disapears (like he is supposed to) when I go into a new town, route, etc. in game and come back the guy is standing back in his original spot. To make it simple. Once he disapears and I leave the town and come back he comes back into the map when he is supposed to be gone for ever. Here is my script.

Code:
#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
setvar 0x4033 0x1
applymovement 0x3 @move
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @1 0x6
applymovement 0x3 @move2
applymovement 0xFF @move2
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @2 0x6
applymovement 0x3 @move3
applymovement 0xFF @move3
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @3 0x6
applymovement 0x3 @move4
applymovement 0xFF @move4
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @4 0x6
applymovement 0x3 @move5
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @5 0x6
applymovement 0x3 @move6
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x03
release
end
#org @move
#raw 0x08
#raw 0x08
#raw 0xFE
#org @move2
#raw 0x01
#raw 0x03
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x01
#raw 0xFE
#org @move3
#raw 0x02
#raw 0x0A 
#raw 0x0A 
#raw 0x0A 
#raw 0x0A 
#raw 0x0A 
#raw 0x0A 
#raw 0x0A 
#raw 0x0A 
#raw 0x01
#raw 0x09 
#raw 0x09 
#raw 0x09 
#raw 0x09 
#raw 0x09 
#raw 0x02
#raw 0x0A
#raw 0x0A
#raw 0x0A
#raw 0x01
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09 
#raw 0x09 
#raw 0x01
#raw 0xFE
#org @move4
#raw 0x03
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x01
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x03
#raw 0x0B 
#raw 0x0B 
#raw 0x0B 
#raw 0x00
#raw 0x08 
#raw 0x08 
#raw 0x08 
#raw 0x08 
#raw 0x03
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x01
#raw 0xFE
#org @move5
#raw 0x56
#raw 0x02
#raw 0xFE
#org @move6
#raw 0x02
#raw 0x17
#raw 0x17
#raw 0x17
#raw 0x01
#raw 0x16
#raw 0x16
#raw 0x02
#raw 0x17
#raw 0x17
#raw 0x17
#raw 0x00
#raw 0x15
#raw 0x15
#raw 0x15
#raw 0x15
#raw 0x02
#raw 0x17 
#raw 0x17 
#raw 0x17 
#raw 0x17 
#raw 0x17 
#raw 0x17 
#raw 0x17 
#raw 0x17 
#raw 0xFE
#org @1
= [PLAYER]! It's me dad!\pBefore you say anything abut my\nhair! The hair dresser screwed up\land gave me this emo cut!\pAnyway, i'm back! It is so nice to\nsee you [PLAYER]!\pI don't have much time but let me\nshow you around a little bit!\pFollow me.
#org @2 
= This in front of us is the\nPokemart.\pIn here you can buy and sell\nthings.\pThere is one of theese in almost\nevery town, city, or villige.
#org @3 
= This is the Pokemon Center.\pHere you can heal up all of your\ntired or fainted Pokemon back to\lfull health.\pIn the upstairs part of the\nPokemon center you can trade and\lconnect with people world wide!
#org @4 
= Right in front of us is a Pokemon\nGym.\pGym's consit of trainers that you\nmust battle to challenge the Gym\lLeader.\pThe Gym leader is a very powerful\ntrainer.\pEach gym usses a different type.\pFor example a ggym might only use\nFighting types.\pOr a gym might use all electric\ntypes.\pWhen you beat a gym leader they\nwill usually give you a new TM.\lAnd shall always give you a badge\lto show you beat them.\pWhen you get all 8 badges you can\nenter the Pokemon League.\pThere you can battle the Elite 4\nand the champion.\pThey are the strongest trainers in\nall of the Arorian Region.\pIf you can beat the Elite 4 and\nthe champion without losing all\lyour Pokemon then your are truely\lthe Pokemon champion.
#org @5
= Will you look at the time! I got\nto hurry. I am not going back to\lmy gym yet but I have to go visit\lsomeone.\pBye [PLAYER]!\nI'll see you later!
Most of the script is jus movements.

Last edited by EHero70; August 11th, 2012 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old August 12th, 2012, 01:35 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
But i don't understand if I have both setflag and checkflag in my script already then where do I include my setvar?
Whenever you want. Because we, scripters, are lazy (every programmer is) we just put it at the beginning so we don't need to care about it anymore.

Quote:
I have one more small simple question. In my othe script (level script) once the script finishes and the guy disapears (like he is supposed to) when I go into a new town, route, etc. in game and come back the guy is standing back in his original spot. To make it simple. Once he disapears and I leave the town and come back he comes back into the map when he is supposed to be gone for ever. Here is my script.
Because you forgot to set the flag.

Old August 12th, 2012, 02:21 AM
EHero70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
Whenever you want. Because we, scripters, are lazy (every programmer is) we just put it at the beginning so we don't need to care about it anymore.

Because you forgot to set the flag.
So if I set the flag I wouldn't need a checkflag because it is a level script it will only happen once right? Oh and with the other script it works but it repeats the same parts like 2 in a row sometimes.
Old August 12th, 2012, 03:57 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
So if I set the flag I wouldn't need a checkflag because it is a level script it will only happen once right?
That's precisly right.
Checkflag is globally pretty useless command if you ask me...
It's useful only if you need another event to happen only after another.

Old August 12th, 2012, 04:10 AM
EHero70

Quote:
That's precisly right.
Checkflag is globally pretty useless command if you ask me...
It's useful only if you need another event to happen only after another.

Ok thanks! So if I am doing this right my script should look like this now
Code:
#dynamic 0x6D2A3C
#org @start
setvar 0x4033 0x1
setflag 0x201
applymovement 0x3 @move
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @1 0x6
applymovement 0x3 @move2
applymovement 0xFF @move2
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @2 0x6
applymovement 0x3 @move3
applymovement 0xFF @move3
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @3 0x6
applymovement 0x3 @move4
applymovement 0xFF @move4
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @4 0x6
applymovement 0x3 @move5
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @5 0x6
applymovement 0x3 @move6
waitmovement 0x0
movesprite 0x03 0x25 0x12
release
end
#org @move
#raw 0x08
#raw 0x08
#raw 0xFE
#org @move2
#raw 0x01
#raw 0x03
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x01
#raw 0xFE
#org @move3
#raw 0x02
#raw 0x0A 
#raw 0x0A 
#raw 0x0A 
#raw 0x0A 
#raw 0x0A 
#raw 0x0A 
#raw 0x0A 
#raw 0x0A 
#raw 0x01
#raw 0x09 
#raw 0x09 
#raw 0x09 
#raw 0x09 
#raw 0x09 
#raw 0x02
#raw 0x0A
#raw 0x0A
#raw 0x0A
#raw 0x01
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09 
#raw 0x09 
#raw 0x01
#raw 0xFE
#org @move4
#raw 0x03
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x01
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x03
#raw 0x0B 
#raw 0x0B 
#raw 0x0B 
#raw 0x00
#raw 0x08 
#raw 0x08 
#raw 0x08 
#raw 0x08 
#raw 0x03
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x01
#raw 0xFE
#org @move5
#raw 0x56
#raw 0x02
#raw 0xFE
#org @move6
#raw 0x02
#raw 0x17
#raw 0x17
#raw 0x17
#raw 0x01
#raw 0x16
#raw 0x16
#raw 0x02
#raw 0x17
#raw 0x17
#raw 0x17
#raw 0x00
#raw 0x15
#raw 0x15
#raw 0x15
#raw 0x15
#raw 0x02
#raw 0x17 
#raw 0x17 
#raw 0x17 
#raw 0x17 
#raw 0x17 
#raw 0x17 
#raw 0x17 
#raw 0x17 
#raw 0xFE
#org @1
= [PLAYER]! It's me dad!\pBefore you say anything abut my\nhair! The hair dresser screwed up\land gave me this emo cut!\pAnyway, i'm back! It is so nice to\nsee you [PLAYER]!\pI don't have much time but let me\nshow you around a little bit!\pFollow me.
#org @2 
= This in front of us is the\nPokemart.\pIn here you can buy and sell\nthings.\pThere is one of theese in almost\nevery town, city, or villige.
#org @3 
= This is the Pokemon Center.\pHere you can heal up all of your\ntired or fainted Pokemon back to\lfull health.\pIn the upstairs part of the\nPokemon center you can trade and\lconnect with people world wide!
#org @4 
= Right in front of us is a Pokemon\nGym.\pGym's consit of trainers that you\nmust battle to challenge the Gym\lLeader.\pThe Gym leader is a very powerful\ntrainer.\pEach gym usses a different type.\pFor example a ggym might only use\nFighting types.\pOr a gym might use all electric\ntypes.\pWhen you beat a gym leader they\nwill usually give you a new TM.\lAnd shall always give you a badge\lto show you beat them.\pWhen you get all 8 badges you can\nenter the Pokemon League.\pThere you can battle the Elite 4\nand the champion.\pThey are the strongest trainers in\nall of the Arorian Region.\pIf you can beat the Elite 4 and\nthe champion without losing all\lyour Pokemon then your are truely\lthe Pokemon champion.
#org @5
= Will you look at the time! I got\nto hurry. I am not going back to\lmy gym yet but I have to go visit\lsomeone.\pBye [PLAYER]!\nI'll see you later!
About to test now.

Nope tha code I just posted didn't work. I left odale town then came back he was right back into his original spot

Last edited by EHero70; August 12th, 2012 at 04:13 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old August 12th, 2012, 05:56 AM
atangerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.KoolAid View Post
I was having trouble with scripting, so i got some help. This other person made a script that works perfectly for them. No problems occurred in the rom we were working on for him. But when i run the rom stuff goes wrong. The scrip that was made (which is only supposed to occur once) occurs twice for me. Multiple times I tried and I can do the script twice over, no more, no less. Also when I go to other maps (like from a town to a route) everything goes weird, it will show random sprites and building pieces that I did not put there, this has always happened, on any rom I change. I downloaded Amap 1.92 (i was having worse problems with 1.95) from this site.

Does anyone know how I can fix these problems? It is making it near impossible to make a rom hack.
For the first part, I think that you didn't set a var value. If you do, then your event will only happen once.

For the second part, I believe you have a map connections problem. In that case, I have no idea how do help you. Go look at the Advance Map Tutorial at this site.
Old August 12th, 2012, 10:41 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Nope tha code I just posted didn't work. I left odale town then came back he was right back into his original spot
And does the OW have 201 as ID?

Old August 12th, 2012, 11:07 PM
EHero70

Quote:
And does the OW have 201 as ID?
Haha i can't belive I forgot that! Thank you sooo much. Now if only I can figure out why that other script is repeating some parts in the middle of the script.

Also does anyone know why I get this message while trying to compile my script?

Message I get:
No #org/#seek directives were found. Can't compile script.

Last edited by EHero70; August 12th, 2012 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old August 13th, 2012, 10:33 AM
destinydownloads

Quote:
Haha i can't belive I forgot that! Thank you sooo much. Now if only I can figure out why that other script is repeating some parts in the middle of the script.

Also does anyone know why I get this message while trying to compile my script?

Message I get:
No #org/#seek directives were found. Can't compile script.
You might want to show us the script so we can take a look
Old August 13th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Spacewarrior
Beginning Trainer

Hello all, I have a problem about Pokemon Emerald Hacking. I want to make a new person and make him talk. I made a person but I can't make him talk because I don't know which offset use(empty offset). How to find an empty offset for this? Can someone tell me or show me how?
Old August 13th, 2012, 09:44 PM
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacewarrior View Post
Hello all, I have a problem about Pokemon Emerald Hacking. I want to make a new person and make him talk. I made a person but I can't make him talk because I don't know which offset use(empty offset). How to find an empty offset for this? Can someone tell me or show me how?
Download a hex editor (any will do) and open the rom with it. Look for area where there is free space (marked as FF FF FF FF...) and use that as the offset of your script.

Hacks I support

Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
Old August 14th, 2012, 02:09 PM
thanethane98
Self Proclaimed Expert

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacewarrior View Post
An alternative to the hex editor would be using HackMew's Free Space Finder tool, which can find an empty offset for you. Either way will work though.
Old August 14th, 2012, 03:35 PM
RedDog
Unhatched Egg

Game: Pokémon Ruby
Type: Person Movement
Editor: Pokéscript
Spoiler:
#org $script
lock
faceplayer
applymovement 1 $move
$move 1 ; #binary 0x05 0x17 0x04 0x2F 0x06 0x09 0x07 0xFE
pausemove 0x0000
release
end

I am having a problem where whenever i talk to the person, they move the direction they're supposed to, but only one space per 0x00, and when they walk left or right, the movement is very sped up and glitchy. I am rather new to scripting, but i cant tell what ive done wrong at all. I've shortened the script to this, but the result is the same.
Old August 14th, 2012, 08:22 PM
EHero70

Ok I have yet another problem. In my givepokemon script when he gives me the Pokemon and I say yes to give him a nickname the nickname screen wont show up and the box stays there till i continue and then since I still recieve the squirtle even if I dont give it a nickname it has absoulutely no name at all. also I put it to be level 15 but its level 21 instead. Here is my script:
Code:
#dynamic 0x39D4EE
#org @start
checkflag 0x202
if 0x1 goto @done
msgbox @1 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto @take
msgbox @2 0x6
release
end
#org @take
givepokemon 0x7 0x15 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox @3 0x4
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
setflag 0x828
msgbox @4 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 gosub @name
msgbox @5 0x6
setflag 0x202
release
end
#org @name
call 0x1A74EB
return
#org @done
msgbox @6 0x6
release
end

#org @1
= Hello there youngling. Would you\ndo me a kind favor?\pMy Squirtle hasn't been listening\nto me anymore.\pWill you be kind enough to take it\nfor me?
#org @2
= Oh, I see you can't take my\nSquirtle for me.
#org @3
= [black_fr]You received a Squirtle!
#org @4
= [black_fr]Would you like to give a\nnickname to Squirtle?
#org @5
= I trust in you that you will take\ncare of my Squirtle.
#org @6
= You are taking good care of\nSquirtle right?
Old August 14th, 2012, 10:20 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDog View Post
Game: Pokémon Ruby
Type: Person Movement
Editor: Pokéscript
Spoiler:
#org $script
lock
faceplayer
applymovement 1 $move
$move 1 ; #binary 0x05 0x17 0x04 0x2F 0x06 0x09 0x07 0xFE
pausemove 0x0000
release
end

I am having a problem where whenever i talk to the person, they move the direction they're supposed to, but only one space per 0x00, and when they walk left or right, the movement is very sped up and glitchy. I am rather new to scripting, but i cant tell what ive done wrong at all. I've shortened the script to this, but the result is the same.
Because you are using Pokescript.
It's outdated, buggy etc... use XSE

@EHero: Because 15 is 21 in hex.
To get the result you want you need to convert number of level to hex.
15 to hex is F. So instead of 0x15 you need to input 0xF.

Old August 14th, 2012, 10:44 PM
EHero70

Quote:
Because you are using Pokescript.
It's outdated, buggy etc... use XSE

@EHero: Because 15 is 21 in hex.
To get the result you want you need to convert number of level to hex.
15 to hex is F. So instead of 0x15 you need to input 0xF.
Thanks but when he asks to give it a nickname and I hit yes nothing happensI just have to continue the talking like usualy and then he gives me the pokemon but it has no name. Even when I don't give it a a nickname it has no name!
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here