The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

View Poll Results: Do you like Pokemon World Tournament?
Yes! I love this new feature! 172 89.58%
No, I don't like this new feature! 2 1.04%
Maybe, I am not sure I like or don't like this new feature. 18 9.38%
Voters: 192. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 27th, 2012, 08:45 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhea2x5g View Post
I still think for once that the Pokemon company's running out of ideas by the second-- They just have this feature so that they believe people would buy it, but heck. I won't even buy a game that a company randomly puts features in. I want to have a reason why they needed the feature in the game. This feature was probably added in randomly to get more buyers.
That's why Wifi was added into the games...why they made Pokemon Contests...why they made the Battle Frontier...

The reason is to give people something to play in their games. If they have been running out of ideas, then they most certainly have been running out of ideas for like 10 years now. Cause they've been running out of ideas since well Generation 2 according to a majority of fans.

The PWT is something new to set the game apart from all past games. Just how the Battle Fronteir was made to set Emerald a part from Crystal and Yellow.

That's why the Underground was made instead of the same Secret bases from R/S, to set them apart from the previous games, and Pokethon for HG/SS.

Other wise we'd have the same thing over and over and over again.

They really aren't running out of ideas considering they are still able to produce videogames at all despite what has been said since Generation 2.
Old July 28th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Twilight-kun
Pokemon World Champion 2014-15

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to Twilight-kun Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Twilight-kun Send a message via Yahoo to Twilight-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Twilight-kun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhea2x5g View Post
I still think for once that the Pokemon company's running out of ideas by the second-- They just have this feature so that they believe people would buy it, but heck. I won't even buy a game that a company randomly puts features in. I want to have a reason why they needed the feature in the game. This feature was probably added in randomly to get more buyers.
I've had this idea for years...facing all the gym leaders and champions...shame they excluded the Elite Four members though
Old August 10th, 2012, 09:04 PM
Khrysta

There is a new Download for the PWT that has a tournament dedicated to the Legendary Pokemon that are not banned from use within it...

What do ya think about that? An entire tournament where you have to battle Legendary Pokemon.

Kinda cool.
Old August 11th, 2012, 01:40 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
There is a new Download for the PWT that has a tournament dedicated to the Legendary Pokemon that are not banned from use within it...

What do ya think about that? An entire tournament where you have to battle Legendary Pokemon.

Kinda cool.
Legends are in entire tournament? I thought there are only 2 trainers with legends... one with Kanto and one with Johto trio o.O

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old August 11th, 2012, 06:17 AM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post

Legends are in entire tournament? I thought there are only 2 trainers with legends... one with Kanto and one with Johto trio o.O
In the PWT you only battle like two or three people for a full tournament anyway so that's means the same thing XD
Old August 11th, 2012, 06:40 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
In the PWT you only battle like two or three people for a full tournament anyway so that's means the same thing XD
But still you will battle one trainer that won't have legendaries xD xD

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old August 11th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post

But still you will battle one trainer that won't have legendaries xD xD
From what I've seen, you may just battle those two, so two trainers and 6 legends total. I haven't seen too much detail about the download yet.

Last edited by Khrysta; August 11th, 2012 at 02:05 PM.
Old August 15th, 2012, 12:27 PM
이큐리
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
I'm still trying to figure out how to use PWT properly, but from what I've tried I'm loving it so far,
Old August 15th, 2012, 02:14 PM
bwburke94
NEW RUN STARTS AUGUST 1! 000/721

Nature: Relaxed
You battle one non-legendary trainer.

3DS Friend Code: 0645-5804-7602

I'm just a little crazy sometimes.
OK, a lot crazy all the time.

My romhacks and Essentials games are on hold until Essentials is updated.
Old August 16th, 2012, 08:12 PM
Salient-Z
風来王

Nature: Quiet
So I was looking through the list of noteworthy challengers in the PWT, and I noticed that Colress and Hugh are amongst these competitors. Now although they are apart of the story line, technically neither of them are gym leaders or champions. With this in mind and also Hugh being your rival in the game, I felt it was sort of an unwelcome tease to not have Silver (your rival from the Johto Region), Wally (Hoenn Region), May/Brendan (Hoenn Region), or Barry (Sinnoh Region).

Now according to the lore thus far in the Pokémon games, Wally was taught by Norman, who is in the tournament, on how to catch Pokémon. Silver who is the son of Giovanni, who is also in the tournament, defeated all of the gym leaders and made it up to Indigo Plateau with the player. Barry is... slightly off, but he defeated several gym leaders as well.

I also find it interesting that they used the canonical names for Gary and Ash (Or the English translated versions from the Adventure manga) Blue and Red respectively, but left out Silver who is also a character within the manga.

Not that I particularly care for them, I also feel that a few of the Frontier Heads either from the Hoenn Frontier or the Frontier present in HG & SS and Platinum would be of a particular skill level and capable of competing in this tournament.

Also I was looking forward to some cameo appearances from trainers from the Orre Region where Phenac Stadium and the Tower Colosseum are major parts of the plot, and it could easily be said that the characters traveled from afar to take part in the World Tournament.

Now I do not have access to the Japanese release, but I have read that 'special' trainers can be unlocked utilizing Nintendo WiFi. Are these the notable participants that we already know about? Or will there be a few more that they add in the future via events or something of the like?
Old August 16th, 2012, 08:32 PM
Khrysta

Hugh and Corless are only in the PWT during the story part. They aren't part of it after that. They also aren't involved with the Gym Leader portion rather they are part of the Random/Mixed Tournament which just generates random pre-programmed teams as opponents.

As for Red and Blue, those are their official names. Ash and Gary are their Anime Counterparts, but Red and Blue are the actual names for those two characters from R/B/G. Blue is also known as Blue in G/S/HG/SS, the Gym Leader that took over Giovanni's place when he left after being defeated by Red. Red can be battled atop Mount Silver in the Gen 2 games as well.

Red and Blue are the only Game characters to be fully recognized as Champions in the games as well. Blue was recognized as Champion in Gen 1 and Red was recognized as a past Champion in Generation 2.

The sprites for everyone else was not included into the games so I don't know if they'd be able to remotely add them in. Odd are they won't so we will only ever have Champions and Gym Leaders. None of the characters from the Spin Off titles Colosseum are recognized by the main games so they will not make cameos into the games nor will their events be included. Spin off events don't exist in the Main game storylines.

The special character downloads are the teams from the real life people who participated and won various tournaments. The World Tournament participants which just finish will be made into a downloadable update for PWT. So we will get their generic sprites along with their Pokemon teams.
Old August 16th, 2012, 09:47 PM
Salient-Z
風来王

Quote:
Hugh and Corless are only in the PWT during the story part. They aren't part of it after that. They also aren't involved with the Gym Leader portion rather they are part of the Random/Mixed Tournament which just generates random pre-programmed teams as opponents.

As for Red and Blue, those are their official names. Ash and Gary are their Anime Counterparts, but Red and Blue are the actual names for those two characters from R/B/G. Blue is also known as Blue in G/S/HG/SS, the Gym Leader that took over Giovanni's place when he left after being defeated by Red. Red can be battled atop Mount Silver in the Gen 2 games as well.

Red and Blue are the only Game characters to be fully recognized as Champions in the games as well. Blue was recognized as Champion in Gen 1 and Red was recognized as a past Champion in Generation 2.

The sprites for everyone else was not included into the games so I don't know if they'd be able to remotely add them in. Odd are they won't so we will only ever have Champions and Gym Leaders. None of the characters from the Spin Off titles Colosseum are recognized by the main games so they will not make cameos into the games nor will their events be included. Spin off events don't exist in the Main game storylines.

The special character downloads are the teams from the real life people who participated and won various tournaments. The World Tournament participants which just finish will be made into a downloadable update for PWT. So we will get their generic sprites along with their Pokemon teams.
Then Silver should be the official name of your rival in Generation II as well. (Blue, Red, and Silver are all kind of.... bleh names. Very canonical. Wasn't the main name choice for your rival in Pokemon Yellow Gary as well? I mean, he's way better known as Gary than he is by his English name Blue and his Japanese name Green.)

Also thank you for answering my question about the special character downloads.

I still wish there were more combatants like the ones I mentioned...
Old August 16th, 2012, 11:55 PM
rubin
czytała Krystyna Czubówna

Nature: Sassy
As I predicted before release, PWT is just a watered-down variant of Battle Frontier, which tries too hard to hide it's mediocrity with flashy visual effects and blatant fanservice. If you have a well-trained team, you can literally blast through everything in the matter of seconds, while only occasionally looking at the screen. The only mode that poses any sort of challange is a rental mode, which in turn, has a very limited pool of available Pokemon (gen 5 only) and lacks "tiered" sets of Pokemon ala Battle Factory.

I like BW2, but PWT just doesn't pull it's weight. Can't wait to play a proper Battle Frontier in the predicted RSEmakes.

edit: on a plus side, the remixed gym leader battle themes are pretty awesome

Last edited by rubin; August 17th, 2012 at 12:00 AM.
Old September 5th, 2012, 01:02 AM
Twilight-kun

Send a message via AIM to Twilight-kun Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Twilight-kun Send a message via Yahoo to Twilight-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Twilight-kun
I wonder if there's going to be a "Create your own downloadable trainer" for the PWT

I'd love to battle my Platinum Team with my Unova team

Infernape, Staraptor, Luxray, Floatzel, Lucario and Roserade
vs
Samurott, Zebstrika, Darmanitan, Unfezant, Hydreigon and Leavanny

I don't car if I spelled names wrong DX
Old September 5th, 2012, 10:14 AM
bwburke94
NEW RUN STARTS AUGUST 1! 000/721

There should be a poll about the opinion of PC on the PWT battles being 3v3/4v4 instead of 6v6.

3DS Friend Code: 0645-5804-7602

I'm just a little crazy sometimes.
OK, a lot crazy all the time.

My romhacks and Essentials games are on hold until Essentials is updated.
Old September 5th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Twilight-kun

Main problem with 6v6: time

if you have to leave during a battle and shut off your DS, do you lose all your progress?
Old September 8th, 2012, 04:22 AM
Seivad
The Equalist

The Pokémon World Tournament is going to be a very nice addition to include all of the previous Gym Leaders and Champions we have faced from the past, it would also be very fun for newcomers to see what they have missed out on.
It would also be nice to have the Elite Four members and Battle Facility leaders also making appearences so we have a wider range of characters to defeat.
The one thing that worries me about this Tournament is the message it sends from Game Freak.
Intentonal or not, it tells me that the Hoenn League Leaders are making appearences so they will not be getting a Gen V or Gen VI remake, which would be a shame, especially to me as Ruby was my first ever Pokémon game i owned.

Good evening, my fellow Trainers. This is your leader, Amon. As you've heard, the Elite Four has voted to make me public enemy number one, proving once again that the Gym Leaders of this region will stop at nothing to quash our revolution. But we cannot be stopped. Our numbers grow stronger by the day. You no longer have to live in fear.

The time has come for Gym Leaders to experience fear.
Old September 8th, 2012, 09:01 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

The legendary challenge souns awesome, I just wish they had include the other side trios (Regi, Lake, Musketeer, Kami) as well, it would've given it more variety and made it more challenging imo.
Old September 20th, 2012, 11:40 PM
soopaord
Togepi

Don't know if this was posted here but,

According to this interview (Spanish) with Masuda, the reason why the E4 isn't in the PWT is because they stayed to "protect" their region.

Quote:
y los miembros del Alto Mando se tienen que quedar para proteger sus respectivas Regiones en ausencia del Campeón.
"The Elite 4 members stayed to protect their region while the Champion is gone"
Old September 22nd, 2012, 03:03 PM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
I think the PWT is one of the main features that I'm really looking forward to in B2W2, that and the new storyline ofc.

Old December 28th, 2012, 05:25 AM
Zekrom9
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight-kun View Post
I love these fan-made ones
Just too bad the user has deleted the image.
Anyone got a link, if it still exists somewhere?
Old December 28th, 2012, 07:13 AM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Nature: Modest
Do not post in threads that are over a month old. Please check out our rules before making any other posts in this section.

Closed.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links