The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 9th, 2012, 12:03 AM
Saturated Hue
acrobatic effing pirouette.

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Saturated Hue
OKAY DONE

Also my Pokemon of choice is Swablu, just to be clear. d:

Old August 9th, 2012, 03:10 AM
Skymin
the Knight

Nature: Quirky
Excellent. Accepted! Added you in. ;D

You are welcome to start now! You can either do a quick recap of last night or say you might have caught the boat late and arrived in the morning. Whichever you do, I do not mind!
Old August 10th, 2012, 06:49 PM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
One thing, in the first post could you please you change the first "u" in my name to an "a"?
Old August 11th, 2012, 05:40 AM
Skymin
the Knight

I GET IT WRONG EVERYTIME! Fixed for you~

C'mon kids, get moving. You're killing daylight. Okay, it is only early morning BUT STILL!
Old August 11th, 2012, 05:46 AM
Lincoln West
Drowzee

Been quite busy this past week, but Richard will be getting a post tomorrow most likely.

Jackson (Male Shieldon) Lvl 24: Toxic, Sandstorm, Protect, Iron Head, Stealth Rock, Dig
Ability: Sturdy

Bixi (Female Tirtouga) Lvl 24: Crunch, Aqua Tail, Sandstorm, Ice Beam, Stone Edge, Iron Defense
Ability: Solid Rock

Siege (Male Geodude) Lvl 22: Defense Curl, Attract, Rock Polish, Rock Throw, Magnitude, Roll Out
Ability: Rock Head
Old August 12th, 2012, 12:30 PM
The warden
I'm back!

Location: Standing at the edge of the world! Thinking let's jump off!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skymin View Post
@The warden: Hahahaha, I really like Alex attitude! It will cause a lot of drama between all of the other members. If you are finished, I'd like you to further elaborate with the physical figure in your appearance and maybe extend his discussion with Laughner more. Laughner's not just gonna give this trip to anybody so he needs some convincing and impressing, you know? :D
Updated, please let me know what you think.
Old August 12th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Skymin
the Knight

Much better. ;D I like how Laughner wants to change him, that's good! Love it. Accepted!

Now, you can have it that you come on the same ferry as Iruzja. O:
*runs to edit the first post*
Old August 13th, 2012, 05:30 AM
Danger Zone
All Men Must Die.

Nature: Calm
So spots are open huh? I'm planning to get back into RPing, so I guess this RP would be perfect to get back into writing. I'll get my SU up in a few hours.
Old August 14th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Skymin
the Knight

INDEEDY DO.

Okay kids, Laughner sent everyone a message so you all have an excuse to post, at least. KAMEN ROCK IS WAITING. I introduce a new feature when people get there. ;D

Also, i've finally decided how i'm going to play with pokemon moves and such;

because im a sucker for rpg tactics games where you gain abilities over time, so all pokemon will keep all of their moves. im also going to incorporate the use of held items, so you may get your pokemon to hold stuff to help them. as with TMs and HMs, im still deciding how to use them but atm im thinking of a one time use thing.

ok COOL!
Old August 14th, 2012, 03:54 PM
The_Original_Raitan
West Side

Dante Johnson Atkins

Appearance: Dante is naturally attractive, and he always makes sure that he is looking at his best. He is of 100% white descent and stands at the height of six foot three inches high. When it comes down to the tone of his body, he is fairly muscled. Not too muscled, but just enough for a pretty good looking beach body. Call it just a step above athletic in muscularity. Dante's skin is a bit tanned, where he doesn't look like an office worker, nor does he look like someone from Jersey Shore. So a perfect balance in between the two. Dante is obviously a child of the great Erik and Julia Atkins, taking his hair and eye color from each of them. His hair comes from his father, colored dark brown. He styles it with a finer type of gel, and it looks like this but a tad shorter, with no sideburns. Dante's eye color comes from his mother, as it's colored a deep emerald. Although, there are little flecks of brownish-gold in them. The size of his features are pretty well fitted to his body, but his feet are just a tad bigger then normal.

Naturally, Dante takes as much consideration into his clothing as he takes time on his body. He doesn't really like wearing just a simple white t-shirt and some jeans. Dante is not stupid and he will wear what is accommodating for the weather. He will make sure that it still looks good, but he will wear what he must for the type of weather conditions he'll be faced with. Like, he won't wear a jacket when it's in the middle of summer. Nor will he wear only a t-shirt in the middle of a blizzard. When it comes down to the clothing he wears, he will usually pick a two-three color combo and go off of that. Purple/Gold/White is probably his favorite. When it's in warmer/hot temperatures he will traditionally go with a short sleeved t-shirt with a sleeveless shirt over it. That sleeveless shirt is usually made by some popular sports brand (ex. Nike). As far as lower wear goes, he will generally pick some kind of basketball shorts on a really hot day, but if it's bearable, he will pick pants. Lengthwise, the shorts would go past his knees, and the pants would bag up a tad at his shoes. Dante's shoes are the Pokemon worlds equivalent to Jordans in the real world. He'll also have quite a few wristbands on both of his wrists to accommodate the colors of the clothes he chooses. In colder weather, he'll go with a thicker long sleeve shirt (again, made by sports brands), a thick jacket on top of that. He'll always be wearing pants and the same shoes as he wears in hotter weather. Unless it's been snowing, where he will wear snow boots. And occasionally, whether it's hot or cold outside, he might wear a baseball hat. The ones he wears are flat-billed, and he wears them so it's slightly turned to the right.

Roleplay Sample: Coming soooonnnn

Last edited by The_Original_Raitan; August 29th, 2012 at 06:12 AM.
Old August 14th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Arctos
Fire and Blood

I'm a bit busy tonight but should have a post up by tomorrow evening.

The levelling/moves system sounds good, Skymin. Should make battles more interesting with larger move pools!

EDIT: Have not had the time to sit and type anything up as of yet but will post asap

Last edited by Arctos; August 15th, 2012 at 10:12 PM.
Old August 15th, 2012, 09:04 AM
Saturated Hue
acrobatic effing pirouette.

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Saturated Hue
NOOOO DEEPIMPACT STAY AWAY

Just kidding bro <3 Excited at potentially having you on board!

I LURV THE NEW MOVE SYSTEM! The way Pokemon "forget" how to do simple things like Tackle and Peck seems largely illogical anyway, lol.

Also am I the only person that actually tried to click the "click to continue group" on Skymin's IC post orz

Old August 15th, 2012, 02:32 PM
Danger Zone
All Men Must Die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturated Hue View Post
NOOOO DEEPIMPACT STAY AWAY
:[

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturated Hue View Post
Just kidding bro <3 Excited at potentially having you on board!
:]

NAME: William "Lil Will" Tyler

STARTER:

APPEARANCE: "What does Will look like?" is not exactly the correct question to ask William, considering his appearance changes faster than you could say, "Hey, was that Will?"

"What did Will look like when he was born?" might be more helpful. Will was definitely not born beautiful. Cursed with a huge ugly birthmark on his left cheek, he was mocked in his early years, forcing him to take solace in his favorite pastime, disguises. Will considers himself a "Master of Illusions", specializing in disguises and acting mostly. But let it be known that the word "master" is used very lightly, considering most of his disguises are sloppily put together and only when he puts in a lot of effort is he able to make them look passable. Standing at around 5'3", he is really short for his height (which explains the 'lil' part in his nickname) but he rarely shows it, considering he wears wooden legs to give his height a boost. Will weighs around 40 kgs, making him extremely skinny but again hidden by a few clever tricks in Will's book. His dyed blonde hair is kept sloppily, barely taken care of and mostly hanging loose over his eyes.

His skin color by birth was white, but he covers that up with a few layers of make up to give himself a tanned look and to hide up that ugly birthmark on his face. The only part of his original appearance he doesn't change in his disguises are his eyes. His hazel eyes somewhat represent a cat's, and he is proud of them mainly because he shares the same color as his father.

Now, moving onto his disguises. He isn't afraid to try anything, from the craziest to the most serious. An old man with grey hair and a slight limp in his right leg? Check. A red hair girl with freckles and glasses? Check again. Even though he's mostly switching from one appearance to another, either to trick people or to simple prank, there is only one regular appearance he sports outside his disguises. It comprises of a battered brown fedora (originally owned by his father), a grey jacket and black trousers.

Moving back to his disguises, even though he is able to easily fix his height and weight the most troubles he has is with make up. Make up is something he has always done himself, and screwed up in. Will misses out on little details most of the time and that's what mostly breaks his attires. His acting skills, though, are top notch. He has been practicing since childhood and has developed his talent properly.

ROLEPLAY SAMPLE

Spoiler:

"It's showtime."

Will checked and rechecked everything once again. The brown hat covered his silver wig, and he wore a rather heavy monocle on his left eye. The thick grey beard though, hadn't stuck that well on his face, but it would have to do. The makeup barely managed to cover up that birthmark on his face but it was enough. It was supposed to be an in and out job anyways. Meet Jude Laughner, get the ticket to Pandora, get out. That's it. Simple. Easy.

But then again, it was Will who was involved. Things usually didn't go well when he was involved. An infamous reputation was the last thing he needed when talking to Laughner. Will had never spoken with Laughner, so he had no idea what kind of a person he was. No-nonsense types? Aloof old man? Probably a sort of a prankster like him?

Putting all of these thoughts at the back of his mind, he strode into the building confidently. Everything looked, hell, even smelled old in that place. The furniture was old, probably Victorian, and there was a single desk in front of a huge wooden door. On the door was a plaque, bearing the name of the old adventurer in neat, but rather illegible letters. And guarding the door, sitting behind the single desk was Laughner's secretary.

"Can I help you?" The woman inquired politely. She had a high pitched voice, the one that made Will feel like ripping his ears out and flushing them down a toilet.

"Um, yes, please. I would like to meet Mr. Jude Laughner?" Will said, trying to replicate a deep voice and doing quite well so far.

"I'm sorry sir, but who exactly are you?"

"You do not know me?! I am the great adventurer, Richard Tyler!" Will exclaimed, with a touch of arrogance and pride in his voice. Long silence followed the loud proclamation. Will could swear he heard a cricket chirp.

"Just call him and tell him I want to meet him..." Will muttered with a sigh. Seems like his own father's old reputation as an adventurer had skydived. The secretary nodded once, then picked up her phone and dialed a number with lightning fast speed. A few moments later she started to speak into the receiver with hushed tones, but Will could manage to pick up a few words which she muttered.

"Yes... meet you... Richard... lunatic... Sure? Okay... He's on his way...." She slammed the receiver back onto the phone and looked up at Will with the same smile all secretaries are forced to present.

"Please, go ahead, he's willing to meet you."

"Hmph, in my day we didn't need no whippersnappers to manage our appointments!" Will sniffed, rather enjoying this act. Finally he got a chance to act as his own father in something that was more than a prank. He proudly marched into the office, only to find Laughner looking out of the window. He had probably prepared himself to be in this position to give him that mysterious aura.

"So, we meet again, Richard..." He whispered. Will bowed his head and tipped his hat, his father's way of greeting people.

"Why, yes, Laughner, my old friend, so we do."

"Do not call me your friend! We are RIVALS!" Laughner suddenly roared. Still hadn't lost his competitive edge from their old days, noted Will.

"Were rivals, Jude, were. It's been many years since we both quit." Will smiled. So far so good.

"Hmm, that is true. Time to put all those old rivalries to rest. Let us start over, what are you here for, Richard?" Will gave him a mystical look, which made the old man tilt his head with confusion.

"I'm here... to talk about your offer. That journey to Pandora."

"Ah yes, wonderful place that. The kind of things we discover everyday, it's amazing. Anyways, what about it?"

"I want to get a ticket. I wish to travel to Pandora."

"WHAT!?" Laughner yelled. This really was a shock. 7 Years after retiring from adventuring, a senile old man wanted to come back and try and rediscover a new land? He had probably lost his marbles.

"Sorry, Richard, but no. This trip is for youngsters, and to be honest I don't really see how you'll be able to compete with them." Laughner said matter of fact-ly. Will started to sweat, he was getting nervous. His voice turned squeaky all of a sudden.

"But think about it!" He walked towards Laughner and put an arm around his shoulder, as if they were old friends.

"What happened to your voice?" Laughner asked, and Will decided to ignore.

"I have years of experience behind me, they more than make up for my old body and stamina. I have the best chance of winning in this race than any young whippersnapper out there!" Will yelled, spraying spit all over Laughner's neat suit. Laughner quietly wiped it off without Will noticing.

"Well, yes, er, that is kind of true..."

"Think, just think. If I win, we become famous again. It'll be us all over again. Who needs rivalries and all that when the two of the greatest adventurers can join hands again and rise to the top?" Laughner's eyes twinkled with greed. Will's words were getting through to him. He seemed to have forgotten all about Will's squeaky voice now.

"Well, then I guess it wouldn't hurt..." Laughner walked over to his desk and removed a thick set of papers from his desk drawer. He handed them over to Will quietly.

"Good luck, and do not forget your word."

"I won't. I promise you, Jude, we'll be famous once again." Will gave him a huge smile. His work was done. He had succeeded, his first task as an illusionist was successful. He was already dancing inside.

"I'm going to Pandora! Dad's gonna be so proud."

"Say, what's up with that splotch on your face?" Laughner said, staring at Will's cheek.

"Oh crap, oh crap the makeup must have melted. Time to get out of here."

"Ah, the last remnant of my career as an adventurer, unfortunately it's going to permanently remind me of that horrible drop in the Ruins of Alph... Anyways, Jude, friend, I need to leave now. Like, right now, immediately." Will bit his tongue. He was getting nervous. Again sweat began to pour.

"You really don't look well..."

"No, no I'm fine, absolutely fine, I just need to leave right now..." Will started to laugh, and turned around to walk out of the office. Laughner said nothing.

"Oh, and one last thing. If anybody resembling me comes into your office, throw him out. My son is a real prankster and might be wearing a disguise." Will said, remembering his father saying something about meeting Laughner later that evening.

"I'll see you later." He walked out of the building, and breathed a deep sigh of relief. He ripped off the artificial hair off his face and started to walk back home with an accomplished smile.

"Nailed it." He muttered to himself, as he brushed shoulders with a man who suspiciously resembled the man Will had just been looking like. The man turned around with a stare and looked at the young boy walking away, and there was only one thought in his mind.

"Was that Will?"

Last edited by Danger Zone; August 19th, 2012 at 03:40 PM.
Old August 15th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Grif of Hearts
Que sera sera~

Nature: Naive
Because Skymin told me to. :3
The roleplaying sample will be up as soon as possible. I just have a habit of posting half finished character sheets so they can be checked before I carry on, I suppose.

The misguided adventures of Martha Elson

Martha is a woman with a certain elegance behind her stance and form. With a frame standing at nearly six and a half feet tall with little more than a few slender curves to mark her figure, she is a particularly odd looking human being. Only a little muscle tone hangs from her bones, although Martha is anything but frail as her appearance may imply. In her early forties, the years are starting to take hold of the woman and her darkened brown skin has become marked with several young wrinkles, many of which are quite recently formed. She has managed to age particularly well in her years however, and looks several years younger than she actually is.

Her face is composed of various features one might liken to a bird Pokémon, such as a small but pointed nose and two beady eyes, each crowned with a thin black eyelash. Thin lips cross Martha's mouth which are often pursed together, and thick black hair falls from her head. It falls in small, natural curls and reaching down to her shoulder blades, although it falls further once straightened (which it rarely is. Martha prefers the her natural curls). Usually held back in a pony tail, Martha has occasions when she decides to let her hair free, which is primarily when she is sleeping or when she's simply not in the mood to bother with it.

While the clothing that Martha wears is often a little more... 'regal' than her current attire, she has made an effort to wear something that is a little more practical and durable for the extent of her trip. Something told her that even low heels would not be suitable for this endeavour. Dark navy, almost black jeans cling tightly to her long legs, held up by a thin, black leather belt and a silver buckle, and end with a pair of simplistic walking boots that cover her feet, perfect for the long treks that she'll certainly have to endure across the island of Pandora. A pale grey tank top is worn across her torso, although with the shirt that she is wearing atop it the top is seldom seen. The button shirt is covered in a blue chequered pattern, ranging from pale shades to darkened tones, and the hem is tucked into the top of her jeans. It fits comfortably but not loosely. The majority of the buttons along each side are fastened, although the top two are not, showing collar of the top she wears beneath.

While this outfit is her attempt at 'toughening up' her wardrobe whilst out on an amazing adventure, everything that Martha wears (including her hair) is remarkably well kept. How long that will last out in the jungles of Pandora is another question of course. A pair of thin reading glasses rest upon her nose with rectangular lenses, covering her small, chocolate covered eyes, the arms of which are a dull silver. The woman has made a habit of wearing these even when not necessary.

Spoiler:
The wind was sharp this evening as it often was, and sought to ruin what would have been an otherwise pleasant evening. The sun, setting against a backdrop of spiralling towers, painted some beautiful gold and orange tones against the skyline, but the chilled winds bit at exposed flesh and sent irritable tingles down spines. It ruined the picture.. Martha had never enjoyed the cold, and in her rush to flee from her home she had forgotten to slip on some slightly more practical clothes, or even pick up her coat or hat. The best she could do was tug her arms closer to her body and hope that it was enough to keep her from freezing. She didn't fancy looking like a Cryogonal for the rest of the evening. She had learned to love the busy styles of Celadon city, but she doubted that she would ever warm up to the cold weather.

She would have returned if she were not on a tight schedule, and glancing at her watch she picked up the pace that she walked, taking far quicker strides than were comfortable and turning her rhythmic footwork into heavy and erratic thuds. She was already five minutes late for her meeting and not even close to the quaint little café she was headed, which was another good ten minute walk from the centre of town where she stood. It was rather unremarkable business, and was much like any of its kind. It usually had a few seats spare though and the tea was strong enough to Martha's liking, which had made it suitable enough for a meeting place for her and an acquaintance of hers who seemed to want to talk business. A Mr. Laughner his name was. He was a treasure hunter.

The two individuals had met through friends several years ago. Nothing more than an introduction and a handshake, and they hadn't seen or talked since, but apparently it was enough to leave an impression on Laughner. Martha had certainly forgotten about him, and it took her a few moments to realised who she had been talking to. The hunter had made contact several days ago by phoning Martha. In the middle of the night, she might have added. It was talk of business rather than a social call, and so she decided to let it slide until he had told the entirety of his tall tale. Unfortunately, the details were brief, and instead Laughner wanted to arrange a date in which they could meet in person. With her need to sleep far outweighing natural scepticism, Martha had quickly agreed and gotten back into bed, hopeful that she wouldn't be disturbed again.

And now Martha was worried that she'd be late for the meeting and never speak to Laughner again. She wouldn't even have known what he wanted to talk with her about which would really play or her mind. Her curiosity would not like that one bit. Spurred on by the idea, her strides grew in length, barrelling down the streets almost at a jogging pace. She had nearly walked straight out into the road in the process, her mind wandering too far to pay attention to where she was walking.

Turning down an alleyway in an attempt to cut a few minutes off of the distance (and for a brief but pleasant break from the evening winds), she broke out into a small and relatively quiet street just turning off from the main road. The sign for the café glistened off on the far side of the road. A quick glance at her watch showed that she was only eleven minutes late and only freezing cold. All in all, it wasn't too bad. Laughner shouldn't have woken her up so late. This was his punishment. A thinly veiled smile crept upon her lips and she crossed the road, resting her hand against the door of the resturant and applying a little pressure to it.

Her mobile phone shuddered into life, screaming its usual tune at her. The last thing that Martha wanted. She was already cold, scruffy and late. Strolling in on the phone would be just plain rude.

Squinting at the screen, she pulled a pair of glasses that had been resting in her pocket out and flicked the arms out. She lifted them to her face, letting the frame rest on her nose. She had thought that she had read the name wrong, but even with her glasses it said the same thing. It was a Mr. Jude Laughner. The man that Martha was supposed to be meeting today. How odd.

Martha pressed the green button and held the device to her ear. “Mr. Laughner? I'm just outside. I apolo-”

“Don't apologise, miss Elson. It's nothing to be worried about” interrupted Laughner. He seemed cheerful but his tone suggested impatience, just as he had been several nights ago. “I'm quite glad you're late, actually. I can test you.”

“Excuse me?”

The man chuckled. “A test, of course! And it's ever so simple.”

“What happened to business? I thought you wanted to talk to me about something?” Martha frowned, and while Laughner could not see it, her tone was an irritable once. She pushed forward into the café, letting out a gasp of relief as she entered. It was much warmer in here and she felt much better for it. The cold was really starting to get to here, and now that the sun had fully set and the sky had darkened she had nothing else to warm her joints.

Laughner clearly heard the door close behind her and correctly assumed she had entered the café. “I left just a few moments before you arrived, actually. But find yourself a place to sit down anyway. It's cold outside and we wouldn't want you getting ill, would we?” He had a keen ear, clearly.

Martha knew well enough that it was cold outside, but she held off any sarcastic comments about it. She would rather not risk the possibility that Laughner would respond with an equally sarcastic remark. “Are you just going to toy with me or are we going to sit down and have a serious discussion like adults? I'm not going to sit around and play games.”

“Then sit,” he said. Martha wasn't sure if that was supposed to be a joke or a serious suggest. “But if you want to talk, miss Elson- Martha? May I call you Martha?”

“No.”

“Wonderful, Martha it is. If you want to talk, then you'll just have to find me.”

Usually Martha would have been a little more patient with such childishness, but the rush she had been in only to be met with this had not put her in the best of moods. “I've told you, I'm not playing games today.”

Laughner's cheerful tone faded as quickly as it had arrived. He had learned that his first approach had not working as well as he had hoped. “Miss Elson, this is certainly no game. I merely wish that you take this test to see if my guesses about you had been correct. If you pass then I will tell you my location and we can discuss this further.”

“And if I fail your 'test'?” Martha asked, briefly lifting her head to seek out an empty chair in the establishment.

It wasn't too difficult, with several seats open for the taking. She began to weave through the array of tables and chairs, pushing a few out of her way as she settled herself down on the far side of the seating area. Martha sat herself down comfortably, resting both elbows on the surface of the table. One pressed the phone against her ear while the other began to fiddle with a lock of hair that had fallen from the confines of her hair band. Her fingers were tangled in a second. Martha felt like she was being attacked by a Tangela, and with the Celadon gym only a short walk away that didn't sound entirely impossible.

“Then you'll never find out.”

“What's this 'test' then? Will I have to run through hoops for you or can I stay sat down?

Martha heard a chuckle. “You may sit. They're only questions after all. I've heard that you're an intelligent woman, Martha. Hopefully one who's done her homework, because I wouldn't want someone who knows nothing of my offer, of course. So, here we go, miss Martha. What do you know of me? Jude Laughner.”

What a vain sounding question, she thought. A question all about him. Of course, Martha was not completely in the dark when it came to the man that was Jude Laughner. The morning after he had rung her she had spent some time reading up on the man, believing that a little knowledge of him would help settle her curiosities. Her notes on him were fresh but hopefully adequete. “Bits and pieces. You're a treasure hunter for one thing, and a very rich one at that,” she said. Laughner's money seemed to only be funnelled into treasure hunting schemes to get more money. “And considering your popularity in the hunting community you're quite a skilled one. That remains to be seen, however. I don't know much about your personal life, but I didn't suppose you'd have expected me to learn about it. I thought we were here for a business venture. ”

“This is a business venture, Martha. But very good, I suppose. I was expecting something a bit more flattering, but I suppose that'll do for now. And I suppose you've seen the news too, correct. What do you think could have interested me recently?”

This question was a little more difficult to decipher. Her immediate thoughts flew to ideas of adventure and wealth. Some new way that the man could double his wealth in a few days. The rich always seemed to be looking for ways to become more rich. But was that what he really meant? Martha could imagine this to be a trick, and that the answer had nothing to do with it. The story of a Skitty rescued from a tree, possibly. Trivial but adorable. The woman giggled under her breath at the thought. What did he mean, she wondered? Then the idea hit her like a lamppost. At least, she hoped it had. It was plastered all over the news. A fairy tale come to life, promising adventure, excitement and (most importantly) the treasure of an entire kingdom. Martha had hardly believed the idea when she had first heard it, having been told the tale of it when she was a child and not once since. Four kingdoms, torn to the ground because of their own peaceful lifestyle, leaving behind one great treasure in their wake. She doubted it could be anything else.

“Pandora, maybe? Yes, I heard about its discovery. Even I was amazed to learn that it exists, and I'm not much of a treasure hunter such as yourself. And why wouldn't you be interested in the idea? Think of all the amazing discoveries a trip there would yield, but I suppose that you're more interested in the idea of a spot of grave robbing and treasure snatching. I remember being told stories as a child.”

“Correct once again, miss Martha. These questions haven't been difficult, but I'm glad you know a little about me and my work. My future goals as well. If you hadn't been able to answer them then I really would have been barking up the wrong tree. This also means you can guess what I want to ask of you.”

Martha hesitated, and she was sure that Laughner had noticed. He cleared his throat, encouraging a response from the woman in the café. He wanted her to do something involved with Pandora? Was he desperate or just plain stupid? Martha couldn't think of a thing that didn't involve actually going to the isle of Pandora itself, and that was a ridiculous idea. Her going to Pandora? What for? Martha wouldn't last five minutes as a treasure hunter. She had never even trained a Pokémon before. “At the risk of sounding like a Chatot and repeating what I've said, excuse me! I don't know what you've got planned, but I'm already thinking it's a bad idea.”

“Martha, the discovery of Pandora gave me a fabulous idea. I've talked to a dozen other souls about Pandora and managed to convince them to travel there. With mixed results, sure, but I've gathered together a particularly capable crew. I've asked them to search across the isle of Pandora to look for that famous treasure. The very same one in the story. I fund their trip to the island, which is particularly expensive by the way, and they look for the treasure for me. Whoever brings it back to me gets half of the share. Simple really. I think that you'd make a pleasant addition to the list of peo-”

“Don't finish that sentence, Laughner...” she almost yelled down the phone, stopping him in his tracks. “I want to meet in person and have a proper discussion about this. Here, the same time tomorrow, and none of your silly games. I want to talk to you and not a phone for once.”

“How would you like to go to Pandora?”

Last edited by Grif of Hearts; August 17th, 2012 at 04:40 PM.
Old August 15th, 2012, 10:43 PM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Cadance
I AM OFFICIALLY ENTERING THIS ROLEPLAY because skyrim told me so because I've been very tempted to do so! The SU is finally finished!

Spoiler:

Logan Locks

Appearance: In spite of having a boy’s name, Logan describes herself as a “one true tomboy”, preferring mostly men’s clothing rather than women’s clothing. When people meet her for the first time, their first thought is her sexuality, but in truth, she is straight. Her name does have something to do with her current style and appearance.

Logan is 6’1, athletic, weighing at an average 130 pounds. She likes to keep her body the way she is, and working out at the gym and dancing to Zumba tends to work very well in keeping her weight. She is lightly-tanned on her skin, but pale white on her face. Her hair is a mixture of blonde and brunette coloring. Many people, not even herself can’t even tell what her true hair color is. She usually says that she has light brown hair, but she could be mistaken. Her bangs are long enough to cover her right eye, and always wears a ponytail. What holds her ponytail is a small, green hair tie that holds her ponytail higher in her head. Her eyes are a shade of brown, sparkling when staring at the reflection of light, with straight-line eyebrows and non-curled eyelashes above them. She never wears earrings, refusing to wear them even if her mother had convinced her when she was a little girl. Earrings make her girlier than she is now. Aside from not wearing earrings, she does not wear makeup. She is regretfully allergic to their chemicals.

The only jewelry Logan wears is her charm bracelet of a star. It is a star-shaped diamond surrounded with a solid gold border, and the bracelet wrapped around her wrist is a rope-like chain. She also wears a small chain necklace with a pearl as a charm.

Logan’s clothing consists of mostly men’s wear rather than women’s wear, though it varies sometimes. For top, tank tops are her specialty. She’ll be wearing a spaghetti-strap tank top every day as the weather varies. At times, her tanks have straps at an inch long, because apparently she adores her shoulders. She does not have a particular favorite color in terms of tops or t-shirts, though black would be the color she would wear the most. On colder days, she’ll wear a long-sleeved, buttoned-up shirt to depict her “tomboyish-ness”.

For the bottom, khaki shorts are Logan’s preference. But she wears more Bermuda Shorts a lot more than khakis in a week. She adores jeans as her clothing style, so any shorts as jeans…she’ll totally wear it. Converse shoes are her specialty when it comes to going on long trips, exercising, and journeys, so she wears them all the time…though her pair of Converse shoes are originally black, but faded to a greenish color due to washing them frequently.

Roleplay Sample

“Annnnnd that’s a wrap! Good workout, guys! See ya tomorrow.”

The dance room was humid, with a stench of sweat all over. Windows were open, the air conditioner was on, and participants, both men and women, of the Zumba class in Iccirus City were packing up, drying off from sweating a lot, and heading out of the gym or heading to work out some more. The instructor, wearing a black t-shirt and shorts was disconnecting the boombox and gets approached by several regulars.

A woman with short black hair, pink sports bra and white capri shorts walked by the crowd, to approach another regular who was sitting down at the chairs, resting up after a rigorous workout. Her blondish brown hair up in a ponytail, with her front bangs clinging down from her head. She was changing her shoes, from workout shoes to black workout sandals. She looked up and saw the woman coming up to her, and smiled happily.

“How ya feelin’, Deirdre?” She asked her excitedly.

The short black haired woman shrugged and signed. “Tired, but I feel very energetic, Logan!” she replied, “I might hit the showers later, but I want to try out the new stationary bikes that came in last week. Haven’t done so!”\

The blondish brown-haired woman, Logan, picked up her workout bag and stood up from her chair, showing off her green spaghetti-strap tank and black Bermuda shorts. “I tried those yesterday. They were faster and quicker than the previous ones.”

The two walked out of the dance room, and passed by several people working out in treadmills, weightlifting, and cycling on the stationary bikes. “I’m so going to try one now, are you?” Deirdre asked Logan.

“I can’t right now. Apparently I’m…supposed to meet this man,” Logan replied, with an expressionless face. “I got this email last night from this Jude Laughner guy. He wants to see me regarding the news on Pandora.’” She took out her phone to open up the email, while two muscle-buffed men passed by the two women and winked. Deirdre ignored both of the men as the passed by.

“You mean regarding that announcement that’s been playing around the media? Really?” Deirdre was in amazement when Logan mentioned the Pandora announcement.

“Yeah,” As Logan found the email on her phone, she then shows it to Deirdre. “Read it. Sounds too good to be true, right?”
As Deirdre takes the phone, she calmly reads the email:

To: Logan Locks <[email protected]>
Subject: Proposal

Greetings, my name is Jude Laughner. I’ve heard much about you as an explorer, and I would like to learn a bit more about you. You may have heard a lot about the lost treasure of the four brothers on TV or anywhere media is proposed. The treasure is *still* hidden around Pandora, and no one has found it ever since.

I am asking for your help in looking for this treasure. You will be compensated for you time exploring this wonderful area. This might sound like a job offer but honestly, this is probably something you’d like to go for, since you’ve had experience in exploring in many of the regions of the Pokemon world.

If you become interested in this mission, then I invite you to meet me at the Iccirus Coffee Bar on the corner of E & F street tomorrow morning. I’ll be wearing a brown hat with a brown buttoned-up t-shirt. I shall be expecting you.

With kind regards,
Jude Laughner.

“I don’t know, Logan,” Deirdre wasn’t sure about the email she just read from Logan, “It just looks quite suspicious. But then, I know you very well and I think you might have a thirst for adventure. I’m not saying ‘don’t go’, but it’s up to you, really.”

Logan chuckled at Deirdre. “Oh, Deez, of course I always have a thirst for adventure. I kind of wanted to see what that land looks like, but at the same time I am not too certain,” She crossed her arms after putting her phone away in her bag. So many questions were popping up in her mind, asking about who was this Jude Laughner guy. As much as she wanted to follow Deirdre’s expressions and her “don’t go” tone, she decided to ignore it. She starts to quickly imagine what Pandora would be like, beautiful landscapes, Pokemon, and many hills to explore.

“Logan?” Deirdre called out.

“Yes?”

“Like I said, it’s up to you. I’m not gonna stop you.”

“Yeeeeeeah,” Logan said, positioning her bag aside. “Listen, I’ll call you tonight, okay? I’ll tell you what happened at that meeting with that Laughner guy.” She then starts to walk away.

Deirdre sighed, jumping on the stationary bicycle she grabbed earlier, and starts to pedal on it. “Oh….. kay! Bye…..Looooogaaaaaaaaaan!”

Logan finally walked out of the gym building and took out her phone again. She opened her email application and started typing a few words out as she walked on the streets of Iccirus City.

To: Jude Laughner [email protected]

I am on my way to the coffee shop now. I will see you there.

~Logan

Iccirus Coffee Shop, on a Tuesday mid-morning it was emptier than usual. For Logan, she usually sees the shop packed. Logan looked around the outskirts of the shop to find Jude Laughner. Not one person at the outside tables, and there were a couple people drinking coffee right beside the window next to the door. Logan approached slowly to the entrance of the coffee shop, and walked inside without making a sound. As expected, she saw that there was two people inside, including a man with the brown hat. Logan quickly thought it was actually Jude Laughner. He was wearing a brown button-up shirt, seemed older than she expected, and he was drinking a medium-sized coffee and reading the newspaper.

Logan slowly approached to the man and poked him with two of her fingers on his left shoulder. The man turned around slowly to glance at her in a calm manner. He became a bit confused at Logan, thinking differently at another person in mind.

“Hi there,” she started, “Are you Jude Laughner? The Pandora guy?”

Jude smiled at Logan, turning completely around in his chair. “Uhh, I…believe I’m looking for Logan? Logan Locks?”

“I am Logan Locks,” she replied.

“Oh,” Jude said, “No offense, but…I thought you were a man at one point.”

Logan shrugged at Jude, dodging the comment. She knew she would get that kind of comment regarding her name. “It’s alright. I get that all the time when I meet someone for the first time.”

“Miss Locks, it is a pleasure to meet you,” Jude stood up from his chair and offered a handshake. Logan took the handshake calmly for a few seconds, locking her eyes on Jude. “Why don’t you have a seat over here?” he offered a chair across from him for Logan to sit in.

“Thank you,” Logan said, as she took a seat. Jude did the same as well. She placed her bag right next to her right leg on the floor.

“First off,” Jude started, “Would you like coffee? Cappuccino? Espresso? I’m buying.”

“I’m not a coffee drinker, thank you,” Logan said firmly, staring fearlessly at Jude. “I’m mainly interested in Pandora. Is there a specific reason why you want me to explore this place?”

Jude took a quick sip of his coffee. “Pandora...well, Pandora is a lustrous place. Legend has it that the four sides of the island, ruled by four siblings, fought for their treasure. It’s currently hidden around Pandora, and it’s up to you and your Pokemon to find this said treasure and return it,” he explained firmly and calmly as he took another coffee sip.

“I apologize, sir,” Logan interrupted. “I…don’t really have that much experience with Pokemon. If you’re looking for someone with lots of experience with Pokemon…like maybe a trainer, then you might want to find someone—“

“I can give you a Pokemon,” Jude slammed his coffee on the table, then proceeded to eye towards Logan’s star-shaped charm bracelet. “It’s the same shape as that star on your wrist. A…Staryu, I should say.”

Logan isn’t convinced, at all. The man only wanted Logan to go out on an adventure to Pandora and explore the region…and bring back this said “hidden treasure” to Laughner. She was starting to lean towards Deirdre’s reaction and was tempted to just leave the table and the coffee shop all together. “I don’t see how a Staryu would help me on this ‘adventure’. Also, explain more about it. Will I be compensated on this?”

“You will,” Jude nodded. “The four siblings hid the treasure after their reign, and it was discovered by a professor named Dr. Arden Stone…the voice of that announcement being played all around the media.”

Then, Logan starts to think about that treasure. It could be gold, diamonds, platinum, all the riches. Maybe she could use some of that treasure, to leave her small Iccirus City home and move to a much bigger city like Castelia. As she thought of it, the same announcement she kept hearing and hearing everyday was being played on the coffee shop speakers. She had most of the announcement’s words memorized, so she knew what it was about. It was also a chance to experience Pokemon, like she couldn’t before. The Staryu Jude mentioned would be a good Pokemon for her, but she wasn’t sure how she would train it, or handle it. At the same time, Logan just wants the slice of adventure. Get out of Iccirus and explore a new place, like she does every year. As a young woman, she still had plenty of time to explore.

The announcement ended and jazz music started to play once again. Jude sipped more coffee, a longer sip than before, and stopped. “Can you tell me how much experience you have with Pokemon?”

Logan started to think. “I only got in contact with a Growlithe and a Vulpix. They’re the guardian Pokemon at the apartment complex I live in at the outskirts of Iccirus. The Vulpix, however is a good friend of mine and sometimes I consider it as mine. I also have a friend who has a Pachirisu as a pet Pokemon. I visit her frequently.”

“So, you’ve never owned, or trained a Pokemon. Ever?”

“No. Never have.”

Jude nodded slowly. “That’s alright then. I’m still going to give you Staryu anyways. You do have a profile of adventurous experiences anyways.”

With crossed arms, Logan leaned back on her chair. “…and where did you get my experience from?”

“Newspapers, of course,” Jude grinned, “A few months ago, you came back from a year-long expedition to Almia.”

“Ahh, yes. Almia. Went there to explore the Butterfree and Beautifly migration taking place every year.” Logan remembered her recent experience travelling. “It was a great experience indeed.”

“See? This is the kind of explorer I’m looking for,” Logan loudly said. “You are very adventurous, despite not having enough experience of Pokemon training, but it doesn’t matter. Logan Locks, I want you to go to Pandora. You are the perfect woman to explore this wild land.”

A brief sigh came out of Logan. Jude seemed desperate for her experience. Did she really want to do this? “What’s the total prize I get for finding this treasure?”

“You get half of the earnings. Enough to buy a mansion in this town, and to leave Iccirus,” Jude replied.
“And you will give me this Staryu, right?”

“Yes, yes! The Staryu is yours. Properly trained to obey you every step of the way.”

Logan finally nodded. She was properly convinced that Jude really wanted her to explore Pandora, to find the treasures hidden all around this land. It was a new anticipation for her, a new adventure. She was officially psyched. “Well, Mr. Laughner, You got yourself a new explorer.”

“Splendid,” Jude replied, “I want you to start as soon as you can.”

“I can go there, first thing tomorrow.” Logan stood up and grabbed her bag, getting ready to go. “You just tell me where, and I’ll pretty much be there.”

“I’ll email you the contents you’ll need, such as maps and other stuff. I will meet you here again tomorrow morning before dawn and we will go on Pandora by boat,” Jude said, picking up his coffee cup. “It’s a pleasure to meet you, Miss Locks.”

“Same here. You better know what you’re doing, sir! I am very excited.” She shook hands with Jude and drifted away. “I will see you tomorrow early morning then.”

“Goodbye!”

Last edited by Cadance; August 17th, 2012 at 11:10 AM. Reason: IT'S FINISH. DUN DUN DUNNNN.
Old August 17th, 2012, 04:33 PM
Skymin
the Knight

EXCELLENT. LOVE IT. EXCELLENT. WELCOME ABOARD! Accepted! I'll add you in now. :D
Old August 17th, 2012, 04:41 PM
Grif of Hearts
Que sera sera~

Finished my roleplay sample. I hope it's to your liking, Skymin.

Let me know if anything needs changing. I'd be happy to re-write some things.
Old August 17th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Skymin
the Knight

Looks GREAT! EXCELLENT!!!!! Love your writing. ;D Accepted!

Also adding you in. You may go do things now. d:
Old August 17th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Grif of Hearts
Que sera sera~

Yay! <3 Sleep, preferably. Staying up 'till four in the morning has its consequences.

Splash is going to get me so far in this game.

Last edited by Grif of Hearts; August 18th, 2012 at 01:45 AM.
Old August 19th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Cadance
ALRIGHT. WOOT.

Should get my first post in by Monday or Tuesday at the latest. Schedule is a bit tight for me rn, so I'll have it by then.

So, should I start off by arriving Pandora by boat or something? Or start off in Pandora?

CHASE ELLIOTT
enjoyillinois.com 300 winner | chicago, illinois | july 19, 2014
moderator of fan clubs & groups | battle server moderator

Shining Armour
[22:39] ★srinator: ur sig would become so much more better with my name on it
Old August 19th, 2012, 02:08 PM
Skymin
the Knight

Boatin' it in in the morning like Iruzja did sounds FABULOUS!
Old August 19th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Grif of Hearts
Que sera sera~

That's what I've written. Martha arrived in on the second boat this morning.

Speaking of which, I'm just checking it over and it should be posted within the next five or ten minutes.

~ ~ ~

Edit: Fingers crossed that it was the first post that you were hoping for. It gets Martha and her Spoink off of the boat at least. ;D

Last edited by Grif of Hearts; August 19th, 2012 at 02:53 PM.
Old August 19th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Danger Zone
All Men Must Die.

Alright my SU is done. Not my best but I guess it should be okay?
Old August 19th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Grif of Hearts
Que sera sera~

It looks good to me, Impact. I'm sure it'll be fine.
Old August 21st, 2012, 08:47 PM
Skymin
the Knight

Reminds me of that crazy from the Master of Disguise. d: Accepted! WELCOME ABOARD!

Sponsored Links