The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central > Spinoff Games
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Spinoff Games If it isn't in the main series of Pokémon games, it goes here (games such as Mystery Dungeon, Colosseum, XD, and so on.)


Advertise here

Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #26    
Old July 19th, 2012, 05:12 AM
NyanNinja
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Gender: Male

Advertise here
@Ash493
Yeah, I have gotton a few eevee events tho, so that makes up for it. (Only non-required in-game events I have had)Serebii was wrong tho >.< You don't always meet a travelling merchant once a year. Anyhow, Yeah, I am going to evolve dragonair ASAP because I love the evolution line. so much
Reply With Quote
  #27    
Old July 19th, 2012, 10:26 AM
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyanNinja View Post
@Ash493
Yeah, I have gotton a few eevee events tho, so that makes up for it. (Only non-required in-game events I have had)Serebii was wrong tho >.< You don't always meet a travelling merchant once a year. Anyhow, Yeah, I am going to evolve dragonair ASAP because I love the evolution line. so much
That's cool, Eevee events are the most important =D
Even though buying Fireworks from traveling merchant is also good =D
__________________
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Reply With Quote
  #28    
Old July 19th, 2012, 12:58 PM
NyanNinja
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Gender: Male
I got a Dragonite. Easier thsn I thought it would be really. Little grinding was nedded. Heehee!!! It has a unique attack, it flies, (which is almost always a plus) It has AWESOME attack power, great hp, and mine has inner focus (protect from flinching) It really is a beast!
Reply With Quote
  #29    
Old July 20th, 2012, 12:18 AM
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyanNinja View Post
I got a Dragonite. Easier thsn I thought it would be really. Little grinding was nedded. Heehee!!! It has a unique attack, it flies, (which is almost always a plus) It has AWESOME attack power, great hp, and mine has inner focus (protect from flinching) It really is a beast!
Inner Focus? :/ So close...
I strongly believe that the best ability Dragonite can get is Confidence (which raises defense of nearby Pokémon)
__________________
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Reply With Quote
  #30    
Old July 27th, 2012, 04:14 PM
AtomicDude
Atomic Dude
 
Join Date: May 2010
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
I've had the game for about a week and it's awesome. Not that I want to sound in anyway dissatisfied, but being a member of the hacking pokecommunity has made me think about how great hacking this game could be! I obviously want to beat it thoroughly before trying anything like that but I don't think there are any tools out there for it now anyhow.
But the Potential!!!
Reply With Quote
  #31    
Old July 27th, 2012, 05:10 PM
ZetaZaku's Avatar
ZetaZaku
AEUG Pilot
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Argama
Age: 22
Gender: Male
I started playing it two days ago and I'm instantly hooked. I've always been a fan of SRPGs, so I was pretty happy when I saw the first trailers for the Japanese version.

Grinding and linking is fun at the beginning, but I wonder what it'll be like after conquering 10+ Kingdoms and having 60 characters. How does the train option work? How much does it increase their link?
__________________

PM for Happy Hour Smeagles
Reply With Quote
  #32    
Old July 27th, 2012, 06:04 PM
NixChill's Avatar
NixChill
Who Ya Callin' Pinhead?
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Yo Mama's Closet
Age: 13
Gender: Male
Nature: Naive
i love the game, but im having trouble unlocking masamune's episode. seribii says that you need to complete munshige's episode in order to unlock masamune's episode.but when i beat munshige's episode, i didn't unlock masamune's
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #33    
Old July 27th, 2012, 11:39 PM
audinowho's Avatar
audinowho
我是谁?
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Gender: Male
From the moment I saw this announced at Jump Festa I was shocked and amazed. It seemed so weird and yet seemed to have potential. I played this now and found it a really good introduction into the SPRG genre at the same time giving Pokemon its boost in strategy depth. I really hope a sequel comes out for this game. It'd kind of suck if this went latent like Pokemon Snap (and as it seems to be) Ranger and Mystery Dungeon.
Reply With Quote
  #34    
Old July 28th, 2012, 09:23 AM
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetaZaku View Post
Grinding and linking is fun at the beginning, but I wonder what it'll be like after conquering 10+ Kingdoms and having 60 characters. How does the train option work? How much does it increase their link?
Train option work but it doesn't increase that much...
But trust me, you won't need more than your main 6 in the main story.
It's all about Eeveelution and getting an interesting dragon for Okuni, you don't need anything else

Quote:
Originally Posted by NixChill View Post
i love the game, but im having trouble unlocking masamune's episode. seribii says that you need to complete munshige's episode in order to unlock masamune's episode.but when i beat munshige's episode, i didn't unlock masamune's
You need to do more episodes to unlock Date's.
I believe you need to do Kanetsugu's one but well... you will need to do all the episodes anyway so Date's will unlock eventually as well =D
And... DON'T FORGET THIS!
You can evolve him ONLY in this episode. Date cannot be evolved in any episode but his.
__________________
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Reply With Quote
  #35    
Old July 28th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Azure's Avatar
Azure
» e l e c t r i c
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hoenn ☆
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
I only got it yesterday and I'm actually really enjoying it! I keep finding myself having short breaks and then 10-15 minutes later I pick it back up and resume playing.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #36    
Old July 28th, 2012, 02:55 PM
arbok's Avatar
arbok
cobra pokemon
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Age: 19
Gender: Male
I've been playing it for about a week now and its very good but I don't think it's as good as a lot of people are saying. I find it rather repetitive and have to take long breaks to prevent myself getting bored with it.
Done the main story but actually never managed to get a warrior to transform. I'm on my 4th story now and getting a little worried I've missed chances...
__________________
my Kanto poison team

Bulbasaur-Ivysaur-Venusaur
Ekans-Arbok
Zubat-Golbat-(with nat. dex)Crobat
Nidoran(M)-Nidorino-Nidoking
Gastly-Haunter-Gengar
Tentacool-Tentacruel
Reply With Quote
  #37    
Old July 29th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbok View Post
but actually never managed to get a warrior to transform. I'm on my 4th story now and getting a little worried I've missed chances...
You cannot miss a chance since you can do all the missions over and over.
But onto your question.
You must fulfill conditions needed for transformations.
You can find them on serebii or bulbapedia.
__________________
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Reply With Quote
  #38    
Old July 30th, 2012, 12:45 PM
arbok's Avatar
arbok
cobra pokemon
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post

You cannot miss a chance since you can do all the missions over and over.
But onto your question.
You must fulfill conditions needed for transformations.
You can find them on serebii or bulbapedia.
ah, thanks.
I thought it was based on story progression/opportunities rather than links with certain pokemon.
A more personalized question now, what did everyone evolve Eevee into? I chose Vaporeon myself (hydro pump was amazing) but what results did you get from any of the others?
__________________
my Kanto poison team

Bulbasaur-Ivysaur-Venusaur
Ekans-Arbok
Zubat-Golbat-(with nat. dex)Crobat
Nidoran(M)-Nidorino-Nidoking
Gastly-Haunter-Gengar
Tentacool-Tentacruel
Reply With Quote
  #39    
Old July 30th, 2012, 10:31 PM
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
I chose Jolteon in the main story because I was bored of Eevee and was about to challenge Date's and Nene's kingdoms and both had flying types so Jolteon was pretty useful.

But by far the most useful is Glaceon. I've played Hero's episode with it and everything has fallen in defeat :D
__________________
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Reply With Quote
  #40    
Old July 31st, 2012, 10:53 AM
Azure's Avatar
Azure
» e l e c t r i c
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hoenn ☆
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
I've got the Thunder, Fire & Water Stones so I do have the option but I'm trying to last out till higher stats to get Leafeon/Glaceon or Umbreon/Espeon.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #41    
Old August 1st, 2012, 01:14 AM
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
I've got the Thunder, Fire & Water Stones so I do have the option but I'm trying to last out till higher stats to get Leafeon/Glaceon or Umbreon/Espeon.
Yeah, that's pretty good strategy, but you need to work hard... because you need at least 70% link with Eevee to get either of them :/ (Espeon/Umbreon is required and the others are because of stats that are got at 70% link and bigger =))
__________________
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Reply With Quote
  #42    
Old August 1st, 2012, 11:39 AM
Azure's Avatar
Azure
» e l e c t r i c
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hoenn ☆
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post

Yeah, that's pretty good strategy, but you need to work hard... because you need at least 70% link with Eevee to get either of them :/ (Espeon/Umbreon is required and the others are because of stats that are got at 70% link and bigger =))
I know I only recently found that out but I think the link is something like 60.32% so almost there! ^^
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #43    
Old August 1st, 2012, 11:50 AM
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post


I know I only recently found that out but I think the link is something like 60.32% so almost there!
Yeah :D But I kinda underestimated little fur ball =D
Attack/Defense needed for Glaceon/Leafeon can be reached before 70% link =D
(I know it because I played the main story again today with Glaceon as goal xD)
__________________
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Reply With Quote
  #44    
Old August 2nd, 2012, 07:37 AM
danaxe's Avatar
danaxe
I long for kyurem powerz
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: ever grande city
Age: 12
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
just orderd it of amazon
cannot belive how awsome everyone says it is
cannot belive i didn't order it earlier
__________________
my black 2 fc 1979-8982-9170


Good trade shops:
I loveevee's
Reply With Quote
  #45    
Old August 8th, 2012, 05:32 AM
rubin's Avatar
rubin
czytała Krystyna Czubówna
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Nature: Sassy
This game jus suffers from really bad interface and repetitive gameplay. It's annoying how you can't check the Warriors preferred type of Pokemon without digging through a bunch of screens. All I can say is that I finished the main story and one of the campaigns and I already have had enough.

Mystery Dungeon is still the king of Pokemon spin-offs for me.
Reply With Quote
  #46    
Old August 8th, 2012, 05:06 PM
Gasai Yuno's Avatar
Gasai Yuno
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: USA
Gender: Female
Nature: Naughty
I hate the fact it is Warlords meets Pokemon. I think Pokemon is fine without real life history
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #47    
Old August 8th, 2012, 05:45 PM
LadyAyeka's Avatar
LadyAyeka
Warlord of Aurora
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: California
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Nature: Careful
Send a message via AIM to LadyAyeka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
It doesn't matter since you can only link with one Eevee...
But you are pretty lucky if you found Eevee swarm o.O I haven't found any Eevee swarms beside the one I made by using Password.
I've only done the Password one. I just call it a "swarm" because it's basically like the Pokémon swarms in the main series.

At any rate I finally got the evolution stones to get Vaporeon, Flareon, and Jolteon, but I think I'll keep my main Eevee (the one my player character uses) as is for now because I've read if you wait till you get to Nixtorm, where you can make it evolve into Glaceon, that will help a TON with the final battle against Nobunaga. (Probably because that's the Dragon-type kingdom, and Dragon-types are weak to Ice).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
@WillPowerPedro: I don't believe Conquest shares some similarities with Ranger... Yeah, there are some. Like you have limited amount of Pokémon you can have with you but in contrast to Ranger you can actually level your Pokémon and make them stronger.
And not only Pokémon but also people can join. =)
I really think you should give it a chance
The strongest similarity Conquest has to Ranger is in the Links; this is very similar to the "befriend-rather-than-catch" method of getting Pokémon in Ranger. Also, there is the Pokémon limit as you said, though technically that is in the main series too; however, the prompt to let a Pokémon go if you have too many is just like Ranger. Also the gameplay is similar in Conquest to Shadows of Almia in that you have a main storyline with missions to perform, but what you do with the rest of your time is up to you.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post

You cannot miss a chance since you can do all the missions over and over.
But onto your question.
You must fulfill conditions needed for transformations.
You can find them on serebii or bulbapedia.
Actually only Warlords can evolve. Normal Warriors can't. Oichi is the exception to this; she's a Warrior but counts as a Warlord for some weird reason, though she only has 2 levels like most of the Warlords (only the Hero and Hideyoshi get 3 levels), so once she evolves to Level 2, she doesn't evolve any more.

As for the conditions, they're basically the same for every Warlord: reach a certain link percentage with their Perfect Link Pokémon or one of its evolutions. The one exception to this is the Hero - in order to reach Level 3, the Hero must link with all the Eeveelutions.

***

I've attached the walkthrough I talked about as it currently stands to this post. Could someone please read it and tell me if it makes sense? I've never written a game walkthrough before.
Attached Files
File Type: txt conquest-walkthrough.txt‎ (113.7 KB, 1 views) (Save to Dropbox)
__________________
Reneé/Lara

"If you had a chance to change your fate, would you?" - Merida, Brave

Webmistress of PokéSideGames, a new Pokémon side/spin-off games fansite!

Reply With Quote
  #48    
Old August 9th, 2012, 12:36 AM
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAyeka View Post
At any rate I finally got the evolution stones to get Vaporeon, Flareon, and Jolteon, but I think I'll keep my main Eevee (the one my player character uses) as is for now because I've read if you wait till you get to Nixtorm, where you can make it evolve into Glaceon, that will help a TON with the final battle against Nobunaga. (Probably because that's the Dragon-type kingdom, and Dragon-types are weak to Ice).
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAyeka View Post
Actually only Warlords can evolve. Normal Warriors can't. Oichi is the exception to this; she's a Warrior but counts as a Warlord for some weird reason, though she only has 2 levels like most of the Warlords (only the Hero and Hideyoshi get 3 levels), so once she evolves to Level 2, she doesn't evolve any more.

As for the conditions, they're basically the same for every Warlord: reach a certain link percentage with their Perfect Link Pokémon or one of its evolutions. The one exception to this is the Hero - in order to reach Level 3, the Hero must link with all the Eeveelutions.
You do realize, I have already beaten the game (main story 2 times =D) and know all this, right? =D

And no, you are wrong in your second statement. Your first is absolutely correct, because as I mentioned in the second Conquest thread, Glaceon is the most useful Eeveelution.

And now about the second statement. There's only 17 warlords but the number of "people" able to evolve is higher And those who are able to evolve are reffered as Junior Warriors so you weren't exactly correct when you said warriors cannot evolve

Now onto the conditions to evolve. You are wrong once again. It IS the most important to get special link with special Pokémon but if you focus only on that, you will not be able to evolve some of them
Because you need to pay attention what they actually need.
If you e.g. try to evolve Hanbei without Kanbei present you can try as hard as you want and it will be impossible.

And the last mistake, Hero's Level 3 requirement. All you need is 80% with ANY of the Eeveelutions. You don't even need to have link with all the Eeveelutions. I've gotten Flareon (the last one) in the second gameplay of Hero's episode where I was level 3 with Arceus.

As for the walkthrough, it seems it's not complete yet and it's more like your gameplay than a actual walkthrough but that's not what I wanted to say...
What's your team? You seem to have real troubles with the game o.O
Year 3 and you still did not finish Nobunaga?

By the way, I don't think you need to beat Nobunaga in 4 years to get access to special episodes o.O Where did you get such a misleading info?
__________________
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List

Last edited by Satoshi Ookami; August 9th, 2012 at 12:46 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #49    
Old August 16th, 2012, 11:26 AM
LadyAyeka's Avatar
LadyAyeka
Warlord of Aurora
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: California
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Nature: Careful
Send a message via AIM to LadyAyeka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post



You do realize, I have already beaten the game (main story 2 times =D) and know all this, right? =D

And no, you are wrong in your second statement. Your first is absolutely correct, because as I mentioned in the second Conquest thread, Glaceon is the most useful Eeveelution.

And now about the second statement. There's only 17 warlords but the number of "people" able to evolve is higher And those who are able to evolve are reffered as Junior Warriors so you weren't exactly correct when you said warriors cannot evolve


I realized after I posted this that I was actually wrong. There are other Warriors that can evolve. You are absolutely right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
Now onto the conditions to evolve. You are wrong once again. It IS the most important to get special link with special Pokémon but if you focus only on that, you will not be able to evolve some of them
Because you need to pay attention what they actually need.
If you e.g. try to evolve Hanbei without Kanbei present you can try as hard as you want and it will be impossible.


Yeah some of them do need to have their stats at a certain level or something. And Warriors can often link with Pokémon you wouldn't expect they could, like this one Ground-type Warrior (Go, the lady with the Sandile) kept linking with Magikarps, which I kept rejecting because (1) I already had a Warrior with a Magikarp and (2) Magikarp is pretty useless in this game. Yes, I know you can evolve it and have it become much more powerful, but I'm not really fond of taking Magikarp into battle in this game because it can't do anything useful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
And the last mistake, Hero's Level 3 requirement. All you need is 80% with ANY of the Eeveelutions. You don't even need to have link with all the Eeveelutions. I've gotten Flareon (the last one) in the second gameplay of Hero's episode where I was level 3 with Arceus.


Whoops, I read that somewhere (I forget where) and I guess they must've had it wrong. It turns out that you just have to get 80% with Eevee or one of the Eeveelutions, as you said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
As for the walkthrough, it seems it's not complete yet and it's more like your gameplay than a actual walkthrough but that's not what I wanted to say...
What's your team? You seem to have real troubles with the game o.O
Year 3 and you still did not finish Nobunaga?


Yeah... *sweatdrop* It's like I said, I've never written a walkthrough before, and since this game is more open-ended plot-wise than say, the main series games, I was unsure how to approach it.

I spent a lot of months doing password events and training up my army. I've also had a lot of trouble with some kingdoms - Pugilis, Yaksha, and Avia in particular - resulting in them taking several months to defeat. So I think that's why it's taken so long. It might also have to do with the fact that when I play the main games I mostly spend a lot of time level-grinding.

You think what you've read is bad? I'm halfway through year FIVE now. But at least I got to where you unlock the last three kingdoms before Nobunaga.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
By the way, I don't think you need to beat Nobunaga in 4 years to get access to special episodes o.O Where did you get such a misleading info?
I read that here: http://www.serebii.net/conquest/episodes.shtml. On there, for Mitsuhide and Motochika's events, it says this under "Clear Conditions": "Defeat Nobunaga's Army before January 4th (In-Game Time)." So I took that to mean that you must beat Nobunaga by January, Year 4. But then Serebii's guide was originally made based off the Japanese version of the game, so maybe the English version's different?

At first, I thought there were a lot more episodes that required that condition but it turns out it's just those two.

__________________
Reneé/Lara

"If you had a chance to change your fate, would you?" - Merida, Brave

Webmistress of PokéSideGames, a new Pokémon side/spin-off games fansite!

Reply With Quote
  #50    
Old September 8th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Raynestorm's Avatar
Raynestorm
Original Trainer
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Florida
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
You can link with multiple Eevee's, albiet not in one swarm event. Before i beat main story my hero had a Flareon, Jolteon, and an Eevee. and all were eevees at same time
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Advertise here
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 08:42 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.