The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center > In-Game Team Help

Notices

In-Game Team Help Can't defeat the Elite Four with your current team? Need help improving your Battle Subway team? This is the place for team help concerning in-game and casual play. Teams focused on the more competitive aspect of Pokémon must be posted in the Competitive Team Help sub-forum.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 5th, 2012, 09:32 AM
Jayme Moore
Unhatched Egg

Advertise here
Dragon Claw is a physical move... just saying. Also the suggestion above is good also.
Old August 5th, 2012, 04:01 PM
manutdrule
Not your cup of tea.

Nature: Calm
dude its not a physical move in 3RD GEN..which the OP is aware of.

Old August 6th, 2012, 01:22 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Give it Brick Break or some Rock type move to get rid of Ice types.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old August 6th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Rubix33
Beginning Trainer

I'm starting a new game of Pokemon Soul Silver and I need a team for my journey.

I'm planning on adding legendary Pokemon to my team, but I still need input on my team. So I currently have no idea, on my team. So thanks for anyone that can help. If you don't mind it would be great if you guys could tell me the best Pokemon for each type, and also a team for Soul Silver. Thanks, and sorry if I made no sense, in what I am saying .
Old August 7th, 2012, 07:12 AM
Rubix33
Beginning Trainer

Im getting Soul Silver, and had been thinking about my team. So I was almost confident that I am going to use cyndaquil as my starting Pokemon. I was also thinking about using Quagsire, because i know Quagsire is just awesome .

So my current planned team is:

Cynaquil(Fire)
Quagsire(Water/Ground)

Now for the rest of the pokemon, I'm not really sure, so I need some input on the rest of my team, for Soul Silver.

P.S: I don't mind having a legendary on my team, but at most the only legendaries I might use on my team in this is probably one of the dogs, and it might be Raikou.

Thanks for the help

Edit: And Yes I posted a thread about the same topic earlier, but it got moved, because i forgot that I couldn't ask for a entire team. Meh..
Old August 7th, 2012, 04:15 PM
manutdrule
Not your cup of tea.

if you are keeping your 2 pokemon, remember to teach typhlosion thunderpunch and quagsire icepunch

some options:

-get mareep? decent electric type

-gastly may be difficult to train early on but later haunter/gengar owns.

-abra. kadabra/alakazam owns anything non-dark.

-also trade another abra for a machop in the goldenrod city giant mart. machoke/machamp owns anything non-psychic/flying in this game. Plus he levels up fast so you dont have to grind so hard.

-after you get surf, go to union cave on friday. surf to a new section of the cave. (you will find a trainer with kangaskhan in that new part) You can find a Lapras there. Ice beam rapes Lance's dragonites if you dont get icepunch.

-after reaching ecruteak and seeing bill in the center, go back to goldenrod to see bill in his house. He will give you a Eevee. Evolve it to Espeon (day) or Umbreon (night), unless you somehow have a stone.

-catch Scyther in the bug catching contest and evolve to Scizor. You have a badass pokemon.

-catch heracross by headbutting trees near caves. Another badass pokemon.

-graveler/golem is decent for ingame. So is Steelix

Old August 11th, 2012, 04:31 PM
Trixy
Beginning Trainer

This time around, I'm using Meganium even though I realize it doesn't have much purpose in game.
So far I've decided..
Noctowl
Meganium
Ninetales

What else should I add? I think I'm not going to use Azumarill or Gyarados or a physical attacking Water type because I want it to know Surf as a useful battle move. Perhaps Vaporeon? Starmie?

Anyone have any suggestions?

And no, I will not replace Noctowl with Togekiss. >-<
Old August 11th, 2012, 04:39 PM
Snowdrop
Throw a blanket over it!

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixy View Post
This time around, I'm using Meganium even though I realize it doesn't have much purpose in game.

I realize it doesn't have much purpose in game.

it doesn't have much purpose in game.

doesn't have much purpose in game.
Whhhyyyyy

Why does everybody say that? Am I the only one Meganium served well for?

Anyways, I think you should go for Ampharos since it's the only Electric readily available. I used Arbok on one of my runs, she was actually surprisingly useful. You could try for one of those just to be unique. Also, Stantler is available and you could use it just for a challenge. Although it does learn the useful Hypnosis (even though it's inaccurate).

EDIT: And yeah, Vaporeon would be a good choice because of its hefty HP and defenses. That thing can take a hit.
Old August 11th, 2012, 04:56 PM
Trixy
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowdrop View Post

Whhhyyyyy

Why does everybody say that? Am I the only one Meganium served well for?

Anyways, I think you should go for Ampharos since it's the only Electric readily available. I used Arbok on one of my runs, she was actually surprisingly useful. You could try for one of those just to be unique. Also, Stantler is available and you could use it just for a challenge. Although it does learn the useful Hypnosis (even though it's inaccurate).

EDIT: And yeah, Vaporeon would be a good choice because of its hefty HP and defenses. That thing can take a hit.
I for one think Meganium is absolutely the most underrated starter of all!
Meganium would have purpose in other games, for sure. But in Johto, there's not any gyms or members of the Elite 4 that have weakness to Grass. Chikorita is your first team member, and the first 2 gyms have an advantage to Grass.
I'm definitely not trying to put Meganium down.
I've decided it's crucial for me to get Mareep, otherwise it will be difficult to defeat Falkner.
Arbok and Stantler are interesting choices. Arbok was a passing thought when I first started thinking about my team, and I just might use it. If I'm going to go normal type, I'm going to go Persian thoug-- Which I just might do as well.
So let's see..
Meganium
Noctowl
Ninetales
Ampharos
(water)
Persian/Arbok.
That's pretty solid. I think Starmie is going to be my Water. I've never used it before, and it's dual Psychic which is pretty neat-o.

Thanks for your help.
Old August 11th, 2012, 07:46 PM
manutdrule
Not your cup of tea.

well of all the grass starters meganium is quite mediocre.

but it can still get by for ingame purposes.

and lol persian/arbok. better to get some psychic/ghost/dark types instead

Old August 11th, 2012, 11:26 PM
Trixy
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by manutdrule View Post
well of all the grass starters meganium is quite mediocre.

but it can still get by for ingame purposes.

and lol persian/arbok. better to get some psychic/ghost/dark types instead
Starmie is dual Psychic. I can't evolve Haunter, and I'm not doing the Safari zone bull plus Pokeathlon bull to get Misdreavous and dusk stone. I'm looking for a challenge anyway, I think I'll be okay.
Old August 17th, 2012, 11:04 AM
x35nyrangers30x
Beginning Trainer

in my pearl i want to become a good dragon tamer. now that i have the dragons i want, i don't know what moves each should have. my pokemon are...
1. Palkia lv 60
2. Garchomp lv 60
3. Flygon lv 60
4. Dragonair lv 60 (not evolving until 61 to get outrage sooner, also knows surf and waterfall)
5. Altaria lv 60 (knows fly)
6. Salamence lv 60

i have no problem with duplicating tm's. also please give an item for each to hold, that would help a lot. please reply! i need help with this. this would make the elite four so much easier. Pleeeeeezzzzzzzz Post!

Last edited by x35nyrangers30x; August 17th, 2012 at 01:57 PM.
Old August 17th, 2012, 06:38 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to bobandbill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobandbill
Going to move this to the questions thread in the -game Team Help section, which is where such stuff belongs.

Sheep in the Big City: General Specific
Old August 19th, 2012, 08:13 AM
x35nyrangers30x
Beginning Trainer

in my pearl i want to become a good dragon tamer. now that i have the dragons i want, i don't know what moves each should have. my pokemon are...
1. Palkia lv 60
2. Garchomp lv 60
3. Flygon lv 60
4. Dragonair lv 60 (not evolving until 61 to get outrage sooner, also knows surf and waterfall)
5. Altaria lv 60 (knows fly)
6. Salamence lv 60

i have no problem with duplicating tm's. also please give an item for each to hold, that would help a lot. please reply! Also rate my team. Pleeeeeezzzzzz Post!
Old August 19th, 2012, 10:33 AM
nathanAcs
Beginning Trainer

i would give palkia the orb that you find where you caught it. and teach one or all of ur dragons draco meter. the old lady on route 210 teaches it
Old August 19th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Nature: Relaxed
Please use the In-Game Team help forum for questions like this. I'mma move it there now.

Moving on up
Old August 26th, 2012, 03:17 AM
Satycorn89
Togepi

Hi everyone!
I'm really new to Pokemon White and I haven't got mine yet, it's being shipped, although I'm already thinking of my team.
Don't worry about which Pokemon comes later in game than the other, I'm getting most of the porkemon at level 1 from a friend and I'll train each of those.
-Serperior

-
Old August 27th, 2012, 07:12 PM
wolf

A new version of this thread has been made here. Feel free to re-ask any unanswered questions there.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here