Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Reload this Page B2 W2 Event locations totally disappeared

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

View Poll Results: Do you want them back?
I totally do! 10 58.82%
No, not really. 7 41.18%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 3rd, 2012 (08:09 AM).
Ripper

Nature: Gentle
From Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire to Pokémon Black/White, there have been several event locations within the games which have been totally forgotten in the last Pokémon game, Black 2/White 2. The Southern Island in RSE; Navel Rock and Birth Island in FR/GL/Emerald; Hall of Origin, Newmoon Island and Flower Paradise in DPPt; Liberty Garden in BW (and I don't say Sinjoh Ruins because no key item is needed, but it could be said too)... I really liked the way of catching the legendaries that appear in those locations, because it was like something special. I was disappointed in BW because there was only one, and I hoped the 3 final legends to be caught in an event location but instead they don't even appear in the games. I mean, they're legendaries, they deserve a good location where being caught, not just a simple download from mystery gift. And now, B2W2 doesn't even include the Liberty Garden.
So what do you think? Do you agree with the removal of these locations or not?

Allez, hop!
Old August 3rd, 2012 (10:04 AM).
fun in the sun
Platinum Tier

Nature: Brave
You can get to Liberty Garden, it was only released in BW so far. But it'd be nice to see more events released though.

"On my business card, I am a corporate president.
In my mind, I am a game developer.
But in my heart, I am a gamer."

- Satoru Iwata, 1959 - 2015
Old August 3rd, 2012 (10:12 AM).
Ammako the Crazy Cat Lady
Silver Tier

Liberty Garden's in B2/W2 too, though we don't need any key item to get there.
Victini isn't there anymore, though.
Old August 3rd, 2012 (10:25 AM).
Ripper

Nature: Gentle
Quote originally posted by Pingouin7:
Liberty Garden's in B2/W2 too, though we don't need any key item to get there.
Victini isn't there anymore, though.
Yep, I know. What I meant is that the event no longer exists.

Allez, hop!
Old August 3rd, 2012 (04:06 PM).
The Horoscopical Master

Nature: Quirky
I kinda understand where you are coming from
Do you mean that the lack of legendary specific events
(deoxys in naval rock
Darkrai in new moon island
Victini in liberty island)
Bw2 only has 3 specific legendary events that require an item from wifi (keldeo genesect melotta)

If this is what you're asking, imo less event locations are a good thing now you can get the legends without waiting for wifi events

The Aquarius loves a party. Anytime, anywhere is their motto. It is not unlikely that an Aquarius will consider a wake a good place to meet chicks. Aquarians love to be naked. It is even better if they are naked and crocked. Froot Loops is a very Aquarian cereal. So is Rice Krispies, since it will engage in a friendly chat with the Aquarian as he or she is eating breakfast. Count Chocula is off-limits, however. It belongs to the Scorpios. Aquarians use the phrase "Dude, man..." frequently when describing philosophical concepts. Aquarians have out-of-body experiences on a daily basis. If you are talking to an Aquarian and he or she zones out, consider the conversation hopeless. He or she is talking to the guy three feet away from you. Aquarians are fun because they channel people. Plus, if you tell them to, they will run around naked. Aquarians like astronomy because they've been to all those places. If you want to know what the food is like on Saturn, ask an Aquarius. Aquarians can allow themselves every possible vice on the planet, and don't think twice about it. That is why they piss everyone else off. They are cosmically entitled to do this.
Old August 3rd, 2012 (04:34 PM).
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by Aquarius1997:
I kinda understand where you are coming from
Do you mean that the lack of legendary specific events
(deoxys in naval rock
Darkrai in new moon island
Victini in liberty island)
Bw2 only has 3 specific legendary events that require an item from wifi (keldeo genesect melotta)

If this is what you're asking, imo less event locations are a good thing now you can get the legends without waiting for wifi events
Uh, sorry, but I'm not sure you know what you're talking about.
Old August 3rd, 2012 (05:16 PM).
Nyeh?
Gold Tier

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Uh, sorry, but I'm not sure you know what you're talking about.
I think what he means is that it appears you can get Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect without catching them in the wild in event-exclusive locations. Victini is pretty much the only Unova Pokemon I know who can only be caught in an event-exclusive location.

Old August 3rd, 2012 (07:24 PM).
The Horoscopical Master

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by PlatinumDude:
I think what he means is that it appears you can get Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect without catching them in the wild in event-exclusive locations. Victini is pretty much the only Unova Pokemon I know who can only be caught in an event-exclusive location.
Thats what im talking about i just couldnt put it in the right words

The Aquarius loves a party. Anytime, anywhere is their motto. It is not unlikely that an Aquarius will consider a wake a good place to meet chicks. Aquarians love to be naked. It is even better if they are naked and crocked. Froot Loops is a very Aquarian cereal. So is Rice Krispies, since it will engage in a friendly chat with the Aquarian as he or she is eating breakfast. Count Chocula is off-limits, however. It belongs to the Scorpios. Aquarians use the phrase "Dude, man..." frequently when describing philosophical concepts. Aquarians have out-of-body experiences on a daily basis. If you are talking to an Aquarian and he or she zones out, consider the conversation hopeless. He or she is talking to the guy three feet away from you. Aquarians are fun because they channel people. Plus, if you tell them to, they will run around naked. Aquarians like astronomy because they've been to all those places. If you want to know what the food is like on Saturn, ask an Aquarius. Aquarians can allow themselves every possible vice on the planet, and don't think twice about it. That is why they piss everyone else off. They are cosmically entitled to do this.
Old August 4th, 2012 (12:11 PM).
My life would suck without you
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I suppose the main downside to the removal of these locations is the inability to ever be able to nickname these event Pokémon or catch them in a non-Cherrish Ball.
Old August 4th, 2012 (12:33 PM).
Silver Tier

If you RNG your save file to have the same ID number as the event Pokémon, you will be able to rename it at the Name Rater.
Old August 4th, 2012 (01:15 PM).
-

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Patchy
I miss event locations. They were such a novelty! Rather than just downloading a Pokemon you got to go find it, try to catch it, make it shiny if you were patient, catch it in whichever ball you like...I don't really get why they removed them. :/
Old August 4th, 2012 (01:28 PM).
My life would suck without you
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
If you RNG your save file to have the same ID number as the event Pokémon, you will be able to rename it at the Name Rater.
I know, but it will still have the same OT and be in a Cherish Ball (not to say that they're not pretty or anything but...).
Old August 7th, 2012 (06:50 AM). Edited August 7th, 2012 by SneakerTheOtter.
Otter Power!

Nature: Mild
I miss not being able to catch event Pokemon. The Keldeo event, for example, is a disappointment for me - I'll get the Keldeo, stick it in a box, and that's all. There's no travelling to a new place and spending hours hurling Ultra Balls anymore...

I think I understand why they did it though. In Diamond and Pearl, there was a glitch known as tweaking allowing access to the black area outside the interior of buildings - from there you could travel to the Void, and subsequently reach event locations like Newmoon Island and Flower Paradise (apparently it's possible to reach Hall of Origin too, but not proved yet). The glitch has been removed in BW, but it's possible that they removed the event locations just in case something like this was found again.

But they could just do what Platinum did - if you don't have the item, the Pokemon doesn't appear.
Old August 7th, 2012 (09:12 AM).
Pokemon (Event) Collector

Nature: Mild
I have to admit it was nice to catch Darkrai via the Member's Pass...Timid (with bad ivs unfortunately) in a sweet Luxury Ball...tbh I hate Cherish Ball's almost as much as I hate Master Ball's but meh I'm just a collector so w/e lol

Friend Codes (Mainly Use 5th Gen):

WHITE - 2022 6408 0629
PLATINUM - 5329 7867 7289

Also have Pokemon Pearl, Platinum, and SoulSilver.
I even have a JPN Pokemon HeartGold.
However I rarely use my 4th Gen Games for WiFi anymore.
Old August 17th, 2012 (11:54 PM).

Nature: Serious
I really don't mind if the event locations disappear, because the legends are found at different locations, so it cancels that thought out.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)