The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Trading Card Game

Notices

Pokémon Trading Card Game The forum for the Pokémon TCG and Pokemon TCG Online. Post your deck to get rated, rate other decks, ask questions, talk about strategy, etc.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 31st, 2012, 08:19 AM
LuckyJayJet
Beginning Trainer

so yesterday I bought 2 Blister packs and I got

Ho oh legend top
Tangrowth lv.X
Arceus Darkness
Clefairy Holo
Machamp prime
Magmortar reverse

Pretty good considering I bought them at a discount store... Just hoping they're not fakes!
Old August 8th, 2012, 12:22 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
I found a secret Pikachu card in the BW deck (115/114) whilst looking through the "old" cards (my bro used to play TCG but he's started over his deck) and voilà there it was.

Lol I didn't think it was worth $20 though. And I still don't, maybe more like $10 but still, that's quite a lot

Old August 12th, 2012, 05:51 PM
joshk_bra
EV trains like a boss.

Nature: Relaxed
So i just started to collect pokemon cards again. I decided to collect the Next Destinies set so i ordered 6 pack of them(for less than 3 bucks each). Here are the pull i got:

Rare
s:
Simisage
Moltres Holo
Simisear Reverse Holo
Lapras
Articuno Reverse Holo
Gardevoir Holo
Darmanitan Reverse Holo
Beheeyem
Persian Reverse Holo

Reverse Holo:
Luxio
Nuzleaf

i got extremely lucky with this,

I think i got a great start to my collection
Old August 15th, 2012, 03:12 PM
camoclone
Beginning Trainer

[SIZE="a"]I bought 6 blisters and got a registeel ex fa. I was joking around with my brother that he'd get a shiny rayquaza cause he got one blister. Guess what he got a rayqaza.[/SIZE]
Old August 18th, 2012, 12:51 AM
JaySawn
Weedle Weedle Wee -Patrimon?

Nature: Gentle
Got 4 booster packs of "Dragons Exalted" at walmart today , pulled a Mew Ex! And that's about it...lol

~ Jay

My Trade Shop: Jay's Swagon Corner (An RNG Shop)

My FC - White: 3654 7325 5400
Old August 18th, 2012, 10:20 PM
Folly~
Beginning Trainer

Bought a booster pack a few weeks back with a Rocket's Scizor Ex in it. Sadly, it didn't come along with a Scyther of the same kind to evolve it from. Oh well.
Old August 20th, 2012, 04:06 PM
The Shiny Umbreon in the Corner's Avatar
The Shiny Umbreon in the Corner
☁Blown Away

Nature: Relaxed
I bought 5 blisters of Dragon's Exalted and I pulled a Registeel EX!
Still wanting my first full art

Last edited by The Shiny Umbreon in the Corner; August 20th, 2012 at 04:22 PM.
Old August 25th, 2012, 04:42 AM
camoclone
Beginning Trainer

[SIZE="a"]Got 2 blisters and my brother pulled a terrakion ex. We are getting incredibly lucky with dragons pulls. Are the ratios messed up?[/SIZE]
Old September 1st, 2012, 10:52 AM
Pharetra
MOM GET THE CAMERA

Just got home from the prerelease Dragons Exalted. Pulled absolutely nothing from the eight boosters, except for a reversed Garbodor, reversed Tool Scrapper, both Blend Energy and Bouffalant =/
Old September 6th, 2012, 10:56 PM
FearFlutter
Poke'Brony

Nature: Lax
Hey Everyone,

Today I opened my first pack in over ten years, I haven't gotten a pack of Pokemon cards since around the Team Rocket set. I decided to go with a Dragons Exalted pack. PrimeTimePokemon and SuperDuperTutorials have played a big part in me getting back into collecting cards, They both make very good videos.

You can watch my pack opening on YouTube, my Username is FearFluttershy.

Sorry about the quality and the shaky hands, I was excited to open my first pack and also I had a box in my lap that I used to hold up my phone, so my arms were at an awkward angle. I would really appreciate if you guys could comment, like, and if you'd like, subscribe. Also, leave me some feedback on what I can do to make future videos better.

I'll be starting to get more packs once I have the extra money.

For those of you who don't want to watch the video, here are the cards I got in my first pack of Dragons Exalted.(Sorted by Rarity)

Commons:

Baltoy(Reverse)
Cubone
Gible
Hoppip
Rufflet
Wurmple

Uncommons:

Emolga
Wailmer
Tool Scrapper(Trainer)

Rare:

Ho-Oh EX

Being new to Pokemon again, I think that this pack couldn't have gotten much better. I was really hoping for a Mew EX or a Hydregion, but a Ho-Oh EX is an amazing pull.

Thanks for reading this. Please comment and let me know what you guys think of my pack opening.
Old September 6th, 2012, 11:22 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

This type of post belongs in the booster pack sticky. So I'm moving it there now.

Also, instead of stating your channel name, why don't you use our YouTube tag to show your videos in the embedded player?
Old September 6th, 2012, 11:57 PM
FearFlutter
Poke'Brony

Nature: Lax
I have to have 15 posts to be able to link to youtube, via HTML code, embedded or the youtube tag.
Old September 24th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Demon.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Got a few packs yesterday from target, and pulled out a Raikou EX. This is my first EX card ive gotten out of a pack.
Old September 24th, 2012, 11:07 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Bought the Darkrai, Rayquaza, and Mewtwo tins recently (2 of Mewtwo, actually) and my best pulls were in the Black & White and Emerging Powers packs, with only Emboar and Gothitelle really sticking out, and those are past their prime.
Old September 25th, 2012, 03:55 PM
Demon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donavannj View Post
Bought the Darkrai, Rayquaza, and Mewtwo tins recently (2 of Mewtwo, actually) and my best pulls were in the Black & White and Emerging Powers packs, with only Emboar and Gothitelle really sticking out, and those are past their prime.
I went to buy one of those on saturday, but i discovered a hidden Victini tin that came with a little victini figure, a victini card, and 5 packs instead of 4. I couldnt resist. And im glad i didnt, since i got a second victini in the first pack i opened. The next day, i traded the Tin Victini to my friend for his kyurem. One of the packs had a Cobalion too.
Old September 25th, 2012, 10:49 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon. View Post
I went to buy one of those on saturday, but i discovered a hidden Victini tin that came with a little victini figure, a victini card, and 5 packs instead of 4. I couldnt resist. And im glad i didnt, since i got a second victini in the first pack i opened. The next day, i traded the Tin Victini to my friend for his kyurem. One of the packs had a Cobalion too.
Did you know you can get two different colored bases for those? Actually, that's true for most of the Black & White era figurines. I think all of the figurines from the BW era except Mewtwo have a Black base version and a White base version.
Old September 26th, 2012, 04:04 PM
Demon.

Not my picture, but this is the one i got
Old September 26th, 2012, 05:50 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon. View Post
Not my picture, but this is the one i got
That would be the white color base version.
Old September 30th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Demon.

Got the rayquaza EX tin today. The rayquaza is what excited me most, but in one of the dragons exalted packs, i got a reverse holo rare shedninja, and a holo ampharos. Pretty decent haul.
Old October 10th, 2012, 05:03 PM
Demon.

I got the mewtwo and darkrai tins a few days ago. Got Ho oh EX and a second version of Rayquaza EX.

And today i got one of my greatest finds ever.

Old October 14th, 2012, 08:52 PM
jordan24
Unhatched Egg

best packs were the original pokemons forsure
Old October 14th, 2012, 10:18 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan24 View Post
best packs were the original pokemons forsure
Outside of nostalgia, would you mind providing any other reasons for this? I mean, you did get 11 cards, but you weren't guaranteed a rare until later sets.
Old October 15th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Demon.

And they didnt have EX cards. I like the look of the older cards better for the most part, but ive really gotten into some of these badass new cards.
Old October 16th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Chamongys
Pokemon Fiend !

Nature: Calm
The older holos are much better than the black and white versions. I also like that older sets have that vintage look to them.

I had 7 packs of Dragons exalted on Sunday and pulled a Mew EX. My brother had 7 packs too and he pulled Registeel EX and Ho-Oh EX. A three to fourteen ratio is not that bad.
Old October 19th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Awesomepulls
Unhatched Egg

Just opened 3 Black & White Next Destinies booster packs that came with the mewtwo collections box today.
Got 3 Reverse Holographics
-Jellicent Rare
-Litwick Common
-Luxio Uncommon
I also got 1 Holographic Rare
-Vanilluxe
And 2 Rares
-Simipour
-Musharna
Video of my pulls

Last edited by Awesomepulls; October 19th, 2012 at 03:59 PM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links