The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 31st, 2012, 01:56 PM
Kyainey
The Sky High Pokémon
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Kyainey

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkprince909 View Post
This region is in the same spot as my region! It's like one plane of existence is overlapping another. OH GOD THERE GOES THE TIME SPACE CONTINUUM!!

All jokes aside, this looks like a pretty good region. Everything's nice and connected, and the routes seem about the right length. The shape of the landmass is a little bland though. Maybe show a couple small rivers going into the mainland, or towards the lake, I'm not sure.

Overall, I'd say 7 out of 10

Here's mine:

Map: Rosewood City
Game: my Ruby hack
This is the one of the largest towns in my hack right now. The reason the Gym is an old Japanese tower is because it's the only surviving building from the original town that burned down long ago. North of here is the snowy side of a mountain, south is a dry canyon, and east is Cycling Road.
Spoiler:

Edit: Well no one's reviewed me yet, so I'll add one more. It's the same city, just during a point in the story where it gets burnt to the ground by SPOILER.

Rated Map: Above in spoilers

Rating: Both are rated 9/10

Reason: Everything's superb! I don't notice any problems

Suggestions:
Now this isn't about your map, but rather
where the exits go. One goes to a dry desert and the other one goes to a snowy mountain? Climate clash much? Oh and one thing about the map: is it me or is it odd that the gym and that FRLG bicycle shop building survived? Sure, it's okay the Pokecenter survived because everyone needs a Pokecenter but the other two aren't really needed. Unless the bicycle shop is actually the mart.

------

Map Name: Winding Town

Map Game: Pok
émon Blast (FireRed)

Comments: It's the starter town. I personally think it looks better than Clearview Town (not for the same hack.)

Spoiler:

#386 Rayquaza
The Sky High Pokémon

"A Pokémon that flies endlessly in the ozone layer. It is said it would descend to the ground if and
were to fight."

Theme bystuffstuffstuffstuffstuff

Old August 15th, 2012, 08:31 PM
CapnCrunch
Captain

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to CapnCrunch
Review:
-Map Name: Winding City

Ok, to start. I think this map is pretty simplistic. I do like your use of trees and think they are in good places. I do not like the use of path ways in front of House' doors. I personally like to make paths connecting everything the Player should be walking to. Your flowers are really nicely placed, and theres not too many of them. Quesion: Since this is the starter town, shouldn't the Lab be there? Maybe you have a different plan, which is cool, I was just curious.

Overall Rating: 8/10 Stars :D

Map Name: Ice Path Troll
Map Game: FireRed
Comments: This is a map i made with my own tilesets, please review it as I really like it and want to see what I can do better at.

*Cant put direct image here because I dont have a total of 15 posts here yet*
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Map 1 JPEG.jpg‎ (498.7 KB, 143 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: jpg Map 3 JPEG.jpg‎ (492.6 KB, 119 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Last edited by CapnCrunch; August 15th, 2012 at 09:25 PM.
Old August 18th, 2012, 01:55 AM
aar2697

Send a message via Skype™ to aar2697
@CapnCrunch
Review: Ice Path Troll
The map looks very interesting. I don't know the game, so I don't know the objective of the path. Make sure the encounter rate isn't too high, by the way. :D
The way you laid out the trees looks very natural and neat at the same time. If you can slide over the frozen pond, that would be very cool. In fact, you can even make a mini ice puzzle there if you wanted. I like how there are multiple entrances.
The big, icy rocks look like they could get the shading done a little better. You could lighten the shading at the top maybe. I'm not sure; I'm not that great of an artist. :D Also, unless you have map connections, it is really not going to look good when you get to the north and south areas because of the looping four square tiles.

Rating: 95%
----------------------------------------------------------
Map Name: Route 5
ROM: Fire Red
Tileset: Mew_Ryn and some of my own tiles.
Description: This is the fifth route in my ROM hack, Pokemon Silicon. It is a small route. It leads to Route 6, a much longer route. Do not take into much consideration of areas the player cannot see. Those areas don't matter much at all.
Image:

Last edited by aar2697; August 18th, 2012 at 02:06 AM. Reason: added my map
Old August 20th, 2012, 11:29 PM
SpadeEdge16

(sorry about taking out the quote, it was making my laptop run so slow, I couldn't even reply)
Map Name: Route 5
Rating: 8/10
Reason:
I personally prefer a bit more room to roam while going through routes. It makes it a bit more interesting, as well as takes up more time for the player to go through it, haha. I do, however really like the tiles and the multiple levels the player walks through, and how the player basically has to go backwards to get to the house on the upper right.
Suggestions:
I might suggest to cut away into the rocks on the right or left, lower corners and add a bit of roaming areas, maybe for a trainer battle, or an item to find, or possibly just some grass? If not that, maybe widen out the walking areas near the water so they're not right on the edge of the water.

My map-
Name: Unknown (actual name)
Game: Fire Red
Comments:
In my hack, the player will talk to a strange man who will warp them to this area, it's basically a dream/nonexistent world. The player will start out in front of "RED/ASH's" house, and won't be able to enter any of the buildings. There is a fake Pallet Town on the lower right, a fake Newbark Town on the upper left, and a fake, generic city in the middle with buildings, a GYM, etc. I've made the whole tileset and made it gray, however, the pallet got a bit different when it came to the mountains. There will also be a series of events here, and once the player has completed them, they will be warped out of the area, unable to return. Also, I left the black around the borders of the maps and cut them off by their trees to keep the feeling of "lost" or "realm" so it seems less real.
Attached Images
File Type: png UNKNOWN.png‎ (100.3 KB, 131 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old August 22nd, 2012, 09:33 AM
thanethane98
Self Proclaimed Expert

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpadeEdge16 View Post
My map-
Name: Unknown (actual name)
Comments:
In my hack, the player will talk to a strange man who will warp them to this area, it's basically a dream/nonexistent world. The player will start out in front of "RED/ASH's" house, and won't be able to enter any of the buildings. There is a fake Pallet Town on the lower right, a fake Newbark Town on the upper left, and a fake, generic city in the middle with buildings, a GYM, etc. I've made the whole tileset and made it gray, however, the pallet got a bit different when it came to the mountains. There will also be a series of events here, and once the player has completed them, they will be warped out of the area, unable to return. Also, I left the black around the borders of the maps and cut them off by their trees to keep the feeling of "lost" or "realm" so it seems less real.
Review: This is pretty interesting, reminds me of the distortion world (all it would need is fitting music :p). Yeah, the palette of the mountains is a little weird, but it doesn't take away from the feel you're trying to get with this map, so it works. The only problem's with this map are the barren areas and buildings. The two large buildings in the middle look odd with just a door and big wall, especially when one of them isn't centered. The labs in the map sort of have this problem, but not as badly. The only other area that could use something would be the area between the middle city and New Bark Town, maybe just 1 or 2 things there so that it's not a big empty space?

Overall, great work. This map would definitely work as it is, but with a bit of improvement it'd be perfect.

Map Name: Route 1

Map Game: Pokemon Firered

Comments: I rushed this map a lot. Right now, it seems like it's missing something, and I just don't know what.
Attached Images
File Type: png Untitled.png‎ (40.1 KB, 123 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old August 22nd, 2012, 09:43 AM
Banjora Marxvile
Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by thanethane98 View Post
Review: This is pretty interesting, reminds me of the distortion world (all it would need is fitting music :p). Yeah, the palette of the mountains is a little weird, but it doesn't take away from the feel you're trying to get with this map, so it works. The only problem's with this map are the barren areas and buildings. The two large buildings in the middle look odd with just a door and big wall, especially when one of them isn't centered. The labs in the map sort of have this problem, but not as badly. The only other area that could use something would be the area between the middle city and New Bark Town, maybe just 1 or 2 things there so that it's not a big empty space?

Overall, great work. This map would definitely work as it is, but with a bit of improvement it'd be perfect. :)

Comments: I rushed this map a lot. Right now, it seems like it's missing something, and I just don't know what.
Right, dunno what you're missing, but I can tell you rushed it. WAY too much grass making random encounters far too annoying, the overlap of the trees are all tile errors as you've used the wrong tiles, no tip on the trees that overlap the grass. Narrow spaces are also a no no, but that I don't really mind too much. So, what it does need is more space where there is no grass, you know, for a break, and maybe some flowers should be scattered. Also, maybe a path in some areas to reduce the cramped claustrophobia that the map seems to give me.

6.8/10 for what it is, but has potential to be majorly increased.

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
Numb for pretentious pain
As he spins the wheel
There's no loss nor no gain...

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
Like Campari and Champagne
I'm on the rocks
Please tell me, What Is My Name?

Old August 23rd, 2012, 05:52 PM
thanethane98
Self Proclaimed Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjora Marxvile View Post
Right, dunno what you're missing, but I can tell you rushed it. WAY too much grass making random encounters far too annoying, the overlap of the trees are all tile errors as you've used the wrong tiles, no tip on the trees that overlap the grass. Narrow spaces are also a no no, but that I don't really mind too much. So, what it does need is more space where there is no grass, you know, for a break, and maybe some flowers should be scattered. Also, maybe a path in some areas to reduce the cramped claustrophobia that the map seems to give me.

6.8/10 for what it is, but has potential to be majorly increased.
Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking when I made that, now that I look back on it...

Anyways, I tossed that idea aside and decided to try something different. Here's what I've come up with instead (it should be a lot better...).

Comments: This one seems a lot more simple to me, but it looks a whole lot better. This route probably is a little short, but with trainer battles and items to distract the player, I think it'll be as long as it needs to be. So, is this one any good?
Attached Images
File Type: png Untitled.png‎ (57.0 KB, 76 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old August 27th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Hasan
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanethane98 View Post
Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking when I made that, now that I look back on it...

Anyways, I tossed that idea aside and decided to try something different. Here's what I've come up with instead (it should be a lot better...).

Comments: This one seems a lot more simple to me, but it looks a whole lot better. This route probably is a little short, but with trainer battles and items to distract the player, I think it'll be as long as it needs to be. So, is this one any good?
A simple and great beginner route however IMO you replace the wooden fences with ledges and another thing IMO is that you dont put the cliffs there and replace them with something else. I just don't get the point of too many obstacles in the first route now for mine
Attached Images
File Type: png Route1.PNG‎ (62.9 KB, 86 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Old September 6th, 2012, 11:00 AM
M.L
Busy atm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasan View Post
A simple and great beginner route however IMO you replace the wooden fences with ledges and another thing IMO is that you dont put the cliffs there and replace them with something else. I just don't get the point of too many obstacles in the first route now for mine
Its empty the placement is "odd" the map does not look so great it needs some work.... the placement is awkward, use some larger trees and not so much grass try to make it more interesting but not annoying.

Map Name: Resiliance town
ROM Type: FR
Credits: Eddies fr base and all the tile artists!
Map Image:
Spoiler:
Old September 8th, 2012, 07:37 PM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.L View Post

Map Name: Resiliance town
ROM Type: FR
Credits: Eddies fr base and all the tile artists!
Map Image:
Spoiler:
Woah, really cool I rate this 8/10 I like that Pokemon Center tile it looks great that way! But there's a tile error down there in the tree...

Map Name: Tranquill City
Map Game : FireRed
Comments: I could really use some new tiles but, something could be done with FR tiles! This is also the starter city in my upcoming hack, the title will be kept secret as of now, I know about those flowers I might change the map once I get some reviews/ratings...
Mapshot:
Spoiler:

Last edited by tajaros; September 12th, 2012 at 01:36 AM.
Old September 24th, 2012, 11:49 AM
DaleH771
I know who you are.

My Rate
Spoiler:
Comments: I could really use some new tiles but, something could be done with FR tiles! This is also the starter city in my upcoming hack, the title will be kept secret as of now, I know about those flowers I might change the map once I get some reviews/ratings...

Hmm, I like the natural border to the map and the unusual yet creative Central building assumed to be a lab? Looks nice, however... Its very very spaced, far too spaced out. Take note of my uploaded picture. Its a remake of Sinnoh. See how close together yet beautifully playable the maps are? Take a leaf from Nintendos book. Otherwise, you have the potential to make some amazing routes by the looks of whats coming out in your map.

My Map
Map Name: Twinleaf town, Route 201 & Sandgem Town.
Hack name: Pokemon: Sinnoh Silver

A hack I hope to make. It is NOT a remake of Diamond, Pearl or Platinum. Just a new game, based in Sinnoh using a Pokemon Silver ROM base.

Would people be interested in a hack like this? Do the maps look like interesting maps to play, Sinnoh in GBC? Let me know!

Demo coming soon!
Old September 27th, 2012, 09:20 PM
SK3
Pokemon Hacking Company™ CEO

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SK3
That's a pretty interesting hack idea
9/10 overall, maps look great, I just would've done a tiiiiny bit more with Sandgem. Still awesome though :D

Pokemon
Daydream White version

Want to help out? Just PM or VM me!

Old October 1st, 2012, 07:57 PM
VoltraK
Not Beginning Trainer

Nature: Docile
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleH771 View Post
My Rate
Spoiler:

Hmm, I like the natural border to the map and the unusual yet creative Central building assumed to be a lab? Looks nice, however... Its very very spaced, far too spaced out. Take note of my uploaded picture. Its a remake of Sinnoh. See how close together yet beautifully playable the maps are? Take a leaf from Nintendos book. Otherwise, you have the potential to make some amazing routes by the looks of whats coming out in your map.

My Map
Map Name: Twinleaf town, Route 201 & Sandgem Town.
Hack name: Pokemon: Sinnoh Silver

A hack I hope to make. It is NOT a remake of Diamond, Pearl or Platinum. Just a new game, based in Sinnoh using a Pokemon Silver ROM base.

Would people be interested in a hack like this? Do the maps look like interesting maps to play, Sinnoh in GBC? Let me know!

I like the idea. as for the map, 9/10. Looks almost identical to a degraded Sinnoh. Although like SK3 said, Sandgem does seem a little empty in the lowwer right corner.
Otherwwise, great.

as for my map

Spoiler:

Name: Route 256
Region: LEKKON
My Hack: Pokemon Sparks Of Ages
Comments: North is the 2nd gym leader towwn, South is a somewwhat Mountainous route

Friend Code Platinum - 0775 4507 1337
Old October 6th, 2012, 07:16 AM
.parado✗
paranormal user

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to .parado✗
Well, this map is a bit too straight.
More trees and mountains would have not hurt this map in my opinion
As I miss much high grass on many routes, you made it well.
7/10, i like the structur

And now mine..
For my Hack pokemon septa
Credits go to Calis Project, WesleyFG and Red-eX
The Flags are by me so don't use it!

Hack Name: Pokemon Septa
Map Name: Intercity
Rom: Ruby (U)

Spoiler:

www.board.romresources.net

I'm registered under the name: "Laz0r" there.
Old October 6th, 2012, 10:29 AM
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by .parado✗ View Post
Spoiler:
I really like the looks of this map. You've clearly put effort in making it and having new graphics in it doesn't look "out of place". Not that they often do but the flags, buildings, cars, pretty much everything fullfill each other.

Hacks I support

Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
Old October 6th, 2012, 02:32 PM
VoltraK
Not Beginning Trainer

Nature: Docile
Quote:
Originally Posted by .parado✗ View Post
Well, this map is a bit too straight.
More trees and mountains would have not hurt this map in my opinion
As I miss much high grass on many routes, you made it well.
7/10, i like the structur

And now mine..
For my Hack pokemon septa
Credits go to Calis Project, WesleyFG and Red-eX
The Flags are by me so don't use it!

Hack Name: Pokemon Septa
Map Name: Intercity
Rom: Ruby (U)

Spoiler:

8.5/10

I like howw it uses some modern real wworld features, like Cars, Newws Station etc. Although, all the cars are the same, wwhich irritates me. Howw do people tell there cars apart? I also like that little area in the top right, an the flags are cool also

Another map of mine noww

http://oi46.tinypic.com/jt04ut.jpg

Name: ROUTE 255
Hack: Pokemon Sparks Of Ages
Comments: the NorthWWest Corner leads to the map I posted last time in this thread.

Friend Code Platinum - 0775 4507 1337

Last edited by VoltraK; October 6th, 2012 at 02:54 PM. Reason: map didn't post
Old October 9th, 2012, 11:04 PM
FireShock
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoltraK View Post
Another map of mine noww

http://oi46.tinypic.com/jt04ut.jpg

Name: ROUTE 255
Hack: Pokemon Sparks Of Ages
Comments: the NorthWWest Corner leads to the map I posted last time in this thread.
My Rating:

Rating: 5/10

Reason: I feel this map is nice, but it's a bit too empty. Another problem I can see is that player can walk to anywhere on the map without having to walk in the tall grass. You may have done that because the player has to go in the cave, but with the PC right there it shouldn't be a problem. I can also see some one path tiles on and around the mountain. That can be annoying trying to walk around.

Suggestions:
Add some flowers around the map and a few more small rocks
on/by the mountain. Make some tall grass that the player has to walk through. I'd also adjust the mountain a little to give the player more walking space.

Final Comments: I'm sorry if it seems like I'm only focusing on the negatives of this map. Overall this map seems like a nice idea. I just feel with some proper tweaking this map could turn out to be even better!

-------------------------------------------

My Maps:

I'm going to be posting two maps. So I hope that is okay. Anyway, these two maps are for my hack. For these maps I'm going by playability before natural.

Map Name: Lakeshore Town

Map Game: Pokemon Palladium (Firered)

Comments: The beginning town for my hack.

Spoiler:

Map Name:
Boreas Path

Comments: Boreas Path is located a few areas after Lakeshore Town. It's a little square, but I'm not sure how to change that without ruining the flow of the map.

Spoiler:
Old October 9th, 2012, 11:15 PM
PokemonMasters
Always Remember Forever&After

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireShock View Post
[B]
-------------------------------------------

My Maps:

I'm going to be posting two maps. So I hope that is okay. Anyway, these two maps are for my hack. For these maps I'm going by playability before natural.

Spoiler:

Map Name:
Boreas Path

Comments: Boreas Path is located a few areas after Lakeshore Town. It's a little square, but I'm not sure how to change that without ruining the flow of the map.

Spoiler:
1. Lakeshore Town could do better. Especially the Beach Part. Ill give that a 7.5
2.Boreas Path is nice. Plain and Simple like how a first route should be. But I feel like the trees are too well, organized. They should be scattered around like in real life. So ill give that a 9.3999999

Well for my maps.
I did these maps for practice and for fun
Map #1: Xypher City

Map #2: Starlight Town: (PS: Dont mind the ends of the bushes. The player cant see 'em in game)

+ForeverDash on PC's Battle Server | Pair | VM/PM |Partner In Crime
Old October 9th, 2012, 11:29 PM
Pinkish Purple
五代目水影

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Well for my maps.
I did these maps for practice and for fun
Map #1: Xypher City

Map #2: Starlight Town: (PS: Dont mind the ends of the bushes. The player cant see 'em in game)
Pretty good looking! For Xypher City, I'll give it a 9
and Starlight Town will get a 8.5 I like the entrance of that cave thingy!
Old October 14th, 2012, 05:41 AM
DisesioN
Most powerful pokemon trainer

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
My Maps:

Spoiler:

Map Name:
Boreas Path

Spoiler:
My Rating:

Rating:
Lakeshore town - 4.6/10
Boreas path - 9/10

Reason:
Lakeshore town - No creativity, too simple and doesn't feel alive.
Boreas path - Great map, just needed mountain to be more random.

Suggestions:
Lakeshore town - add some dark water in left below side. Add a garden or something to look it more lively.
Boreas path - These four bushes in the center of map looks a bit strange, maybe add stump there.

Final Comments:
Lakeshore town - Needs to improve, but you can make it very great.
Boreas path - Very great map, has own atmosphere, amazing.

My map.
Map name: no name
Map game: Fire Red
Comments: Made for fun, just wanted to get first ratings here, and find out my strengh at mapping. :D
Old November 9th, 2012, 07:18 AM
M.L
Busy atm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisesioN View Post
My Rating:

My map.
Map name: no name
Map game: Fire Red
Comments: Made for fun, just wanted to get first ratings here, and find out my strengh at mapping. :D
It feels empty, not only that it lacks colour! Add flowers dont go crazy but it does liven up the map, theor are alot of small tree's randomly placed rather use large trees and add the small trees to it so it feel more natural and well it takes up some space. But place it all nicely. But its a decent map easy access so 6,5.

Map name: doesnt have one.
Game: Dont have one
Base: Firered
Map:
Old November 9th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.L View Post
Map:
Hm... now that is a rather interesting looking map, alright... let's see...

I'll give this map a rating of 9.4/10.

What I do like about the map is how it's really naturally mapped, it has a nicely designed tileset, like the Pokémon Center has a PokéBall logo at the top of the roof instead of at the front. It has some grass where you can capture some Wild Pokémon around there as well.

Hm... now what do I think I could suggest to improve the map to make it better? Well I think the mountain needs another cave entrance at a more higher level. It could be rather useful idea to have an item up there or something so that you have to go through the cave in order to get the item at the mountain's higher parts. And also... maybe remove some of the trees in front of the Pokémon Center to give you enough room to walk to the grassy area?

A map like this surely would see a tiny bit of improvement with the cave entrances. But over all... it surely is near enough to a masterpiece. ;)

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old November 9th, 2012, 03:48 PM
DaleH771
I know who you are.

My Rate

Spoiler:
Map:

Its a pleasant map. Done nicelt, I like the layout. Love the top right corner, beautifully done oceanic scene. Consider doing some more oceanside maps? I'd say 8.5/10. I really dislike the Pokecentre and the Palettes could do with adjusting. Make them more natural. Very good work though!

My Map

Map Name: Breezevale
Hack: None

Credits to Ray Maverick for this beautiful, exclusive ROM base.
Please do not hasle him for a copy, as you'll unlikely get one.

Demo coming soon!
Old November 11th, 2012, 04:34 AM
Andrut
Collecting dust since 1898

Map:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleH771 View Post
Spoiler:
Map Name: Breezevale
Hack: None

Credits to Ray Maverick for this beautiful, exclusive ROM base.
Please do not hasle him for a copy, as you'll unlikely get one.
Review:
Spoiler:
This map is both natural and playable, which is a rare and a very good thing. The valley is a creative way of a connection to a route. I can't spot any tile errors.
The only problem I have with this map is the second floor of the mountain in the northwest corner. I would change it to the brown rocky structure like on the third layer of it, because flowers usually don't grow above caves.
You're going to have problems with borders unless you create seperate maps and connect them to this map.
Rating:
Visual appeal: 10/10
Creativity: 9.5/10
Playability: 9.5/10
Style of the map: 10/10
Overall: 9,75/10

My map(s):
Spoiler:
Name: Grovairy Town - Route 49
Description: A tiny town connected to a short, straightforward route. My goal in mapping is to map in a similar style to Gamefreak, but to make it more visually appealing and a bit more natural.
Old November 11th, 2012, 06:44 AM
papayaperson
Intermediate Hackker

Quote:
Name: Grovairy Town - Route 49
Description: A tiny town connected to a short, straightforward route. My goal in mapping is to map in a similar style to Gamefreak, but to make it more visually appealing and a bit more natural.
Review: 7.5, because it's not a bad map, but you said you want it to be more natural. To achieve this, you should maybe arrange the trees in a more imperfect pattern. The paths are also very straight, and lead nowhere basically. You are also missing a tree in the bottom left corner. Otherwise it seems like it'd be a decent town to stop by in a hack.

My Map:

Name: Lowlite Town
Hack Name: Pokemon Bright Waters and Dark Flames
Game Base: FireRed
Comments: The starting town for my new hack. Has a connection North, South, and East

My other Map:

Map Name: Shinygrove City
Hack Name: Pokemon Bright Waters and Dark Flames
Game Base: FireRed
Comments: This town is accessed by route from Lowlite Town. The bottom left connection is the only one originally accessible, the top right is blocked by tree, and the cave isn't unlocked until the end of the game. Also, there are many more trees at the bottom of the map (so you can't see the tile error at the border block)

Sponsored Links

Advertise here