• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

deck concept

DalkonCledwin

Pokemon Breeder
Years
I am not sure if this is the right forum but I am currently wanting to get back into the trading card game alongside of the video game. Mainly because the only place locally that has people that play pokemon is mainly a group of people that play the trading card game (though some of them do bring their game boys with them when they come to it). But I do want to participate in the trading card game to some extent.

I am not an overly competitive individual when it comes to trading card games and definitely want more of a fun deck. However I would like a fun deck that can at the same time sometimes win a few games. Recently I purchased the Reshiram-EX Box Set complete with Boosters and with it came the following Rares:

1x Reshiram-EX (Promo Card)
1x Persian (Next Destinies 81)
1x Jellicent (Noble Victories 31)
1x Swanna (Emerging Powers 27)
1x Arcanine (Next Destinies 12)

My question is, using the above cards as a basic guide, and without having to spend a huge fortune, what type of deck would one suggest I try to build. Keep in mind that I have a rather small budget to work with and I also have to spend this budget on other things in a given month aside from just the trading card games (I am talking between 70 and 80 dollars a month, and this month is my mothers birthday).

Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2016
Asuming you have the energies trainers and basic forms you should be able to make a decent fire water decks. The arcanine and jellicent you have ever cause status effects when you are attacked, throw a rocky helm on them to give your opponent more of a reason not to attack you. The Persian is a good tech card with nasty plot allowing you to get any card you want. The swanna has the ability to discard your opponents energy. And reshirum ex is a good heavy basic attacker. If you are building on what you have then focus on counter abilities, a Druddigon with rocky helm or a buffalont (dragons exalted) with eviolite will give your opponent a pause before they consider attacking. Find what style you like though, you don't have to stay with one. Maybe get a deck, there was a next destiny deck that focused on water fire with reshirum in it that would fit your cards well.

Back