Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Culture & Media
Reload this Page DCC EVAN PETERS HAVE MY BABIES

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Culture & Media This is where all of pop culture culminates and chats over a cup of joe. Here you can find discussions relating to the latest and greatest television shows, movies, music and literature, and much more!

Closed Thread

Old August 16th, 2012 (11:43 AM).
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by Shining Raichu:
If they made a remake of Episodes 4-6 I think I'd love it, but I just can't get into the classic vintage feel the way everybody else does :P

What is this? Do no even suggest such a thing! George Lucas is everywhere. Don't put the idea into his head that people will want to see those movies remade because then he'll actually do that. That man needs to be kept away from movies for their own protection. Please, think of the movies.
Old August 16th, 2012 (01:57 PM).
Crystal TierEO

Quote originally posted by Scarf:

What is this? Do no even suggest such a thing! George Lucas is everywhere. Don't put the idea into his head that people will want to see those movies remade because then he'll actually do that. That man needs to be kept away from movies for their own protection. Please, think of the movies.
Yes, please. Did you see that new game in which you take control of a character from the Star Wars universe and you dance? Han Salo, dancing! George Lucas, king of the sellouts.
Old August 16th, 2012 (03:01 PM).
Guide of Darkness
Gold Tier

Nature: Quiet
I've just never really been able to enjoy old movies the way everybody else seems to lol. If they made a remake of Episodes 4-6 I think I'd love it, but I just can't get into the classic vintage feel the way everybody else does :P
No, no, no. Don't say that. Don't say that. The online Lucasfilms ninja may snag that idea.

It'll be forever until we get to the very much useless and unwanted 3D release of even Episode IV (I believe, Lucasfilm is aiming for one 3D rerelease a year. Which is stupid since they did the whole Original Trilogy Special Edition in theatres in 1997 in like one month), so you could wait for that.

Really, I'd love an IMAX release of the original trilogy. That opening shot would be absolutely epic.

Also, Raiders of the Lost Ark is coming to IMAX for one week in September! I'm going. Anyone else?
Old August 16th, 2012 (04:20 PM).
Garnet, master of comedy.
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by TRIFORCE89:

Also, Raiders of the Lost Ark is coming to IMAX for one week in September! I'm going. Anyone else?
Meh. I've never been a huge fan of the Indiana Jones Trilogy, (I say trilogy since I've blocked the abomination that was the 4th from my mind) so no, I won't be going. I preferred the Lego Indiana Jones Wii game to the movies lol. :D

Hello, this is Mom universe. Yes the children are playing swords. Sorry, playing with swords.
They are bleeding. Oh no, they are dead. Don't call again.
Sorry, I panicked.

Old August 16th, 2012 (04:46 PM).
Guide of Darkness
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by GolurkIsDaBomb:

Meh. I've never been a huge fan of the Indiana Jones Trilogy, (I say trilogy since I've blocked the abomination that was the 4th from my mind) so no, I won't be going. I preferred the Lego Indiana Jones Wii game to the movies lol. :D
I love Raiders. Not so much the other three.

Last Crusade really damn boring. I liked that Temple of Doom was more action-oriented, but at the same time it introduced an awful lot of cheese. Crystal Skull was more like Doom than Raiders, and really only tolerable once.

But Raiders is perfect.
Old August 16th, 2012 (05:53 PM).
Emile Hersch turned 30 today. Who the hell is Emile Hersch?
Platinum Tier

LMAO I've never seen such a strong reaction to the notion of a remake in my life. God, I should say stuff like that more often just to see that again. Wizard of Oz remake, anyone?

EDIT: ..........Oh wait. God, that's actually happening.

I'M SO SORRY GUYS I DIDN'T MEAN IT. I JOKED AND THEN IT HAPPENED.

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old August 16th, 2012 (06:41 PM).
Guide of Darkness
Gold Tier

LMAO I've never seen such a strong reaction to the notion of a remake in my life. God, I should say stuff like that more often just to see that again. Wizard of Oz remake, anyone?

EDIT: ..........Oh wait. God, that's actually happening.

I'M SO SORRY GUYS I DIDN'T MEAN IT. I JOKED AND THEN IT HAPPENED.
I hate Wizard of Oz, remaking it can only make it better.

Also... that's kind of soon. Isn't Disney putting out an Oz movie next year?
Old August 16th, 2012 (10:37 PM).
Crystal TierEO

I hate Wizard of Oz,
triforce89 is truly the antichrist on earth
HOW CAN YOU NOT LOVE THE WIZARD OF OZ THAT MOVIE IS AN UTTER CINEMATIC MASTERPIECE
Old August 16th, 2012 (11:25 PM).
DJ Squiggles

Nature: Quirky

I hate Wizard of Oz
I'm right there with ya Triforce. I couldn't stand to watch that movie at all. That and Willy Wonka

Old August 17th, 2012 (02:54 AM).
Guide of Darkness
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by Jiggly_Jello:
I'm right there with ya Triforce. I couldn't stand to watch that movie at all. That and Willy Wonka
Nope, you lost me.

I love the Gene Wilder Willy Wonka movie XD
Old August 17th, 2012 (06:19 AM).
Platinum Tier

I found The Wizard of Oz far too scary as a child, and I haven't tried to watch it again as an adult for that very reason. That music that plays along with the Wicked Witch... *shudder*

There it is oh my god. The only time I actually like hearing that music is when they play it every time Ling walks in Ally McBeal.

As for Willy Wonka, I can't stand that movie either lol. Either version of it; both were creepy as hell.

Old August 17th, 2012 (12:38 PM).
Crystal Tier

Isn't there a new new Oz-based movie coming out/already out? I've never really been a huge fan, ESPECIALLY of the books. Ugh.

As for Willy Wonka, that movie is the best! Especially the floating soda part/the candy world part. But the boat part was just frightening lol.

But charlie and the chocolate factory... no. Just no. Jonny Depp just needs to leave, and I'm especially sick of the Depp/Burton(and sometimes Bonham-Carter) combo. Is anyone else?

Hello, this is Mom universe. Yes the children are playing swords. Sorry, playing with swords.
Sorry, I panicked.

Old August 17th, 2012 (03:42 PM).
DJ Squiggles

Nature: Quirky
I like 'most' of Depp's work, barring his Pirates Of The Caribbean films

Old August 17th, 2012 (04:31 PM).
Banned

Nature: Gentle
Did you people read this months Kimi ni Todoke?

I'm in shock.
Old August 17th, 2012 (06:30 PM).
Guide of Darkness
Gold Tier

Isn't there a new new Oz-based movie coming out/already out? I've never really been a huge fan, ESPECIALLY of the books. Ugh.

As for Willy Wonka, that movie is the best! Especially the floating soda part/the candy world part. But the boat part was just frightening lol.

But charlie and the chocolate factory... no. Just no. Jonny Depp just needs to leave, and I'm especially sick of the Depp/Burton(and sometimes Bonham-Carter) combo. Is anyone else?
Wilder as Wonka is superior to Depp. Depp was just weird and creppy. Wilder's character is all summed up when he comes out limping, falls over, rolls up, and leaps back up. He's a mystery, he has duality, but he isn't weird. He's an enigma
Old August 17th, 2012 (06:36 PM).
Never glimpse the truth

Nature: Bold
Willy Wonka is a classic film. The fat kid falling into the stream of chocolate and getting sucked up the tube to a bunch of orange faced, green haired dwarfs singing a song called "Oompa Loompa doompadee doo" can only be described as a work of genius.
Old August 18th, 2012 (04:59 AM).
<insert witty eloquence here>

Nature: Relaxed
I'm especially sick of the Depp/Burton(and sometimes Bonham-Carter) combo. Is anyone else?
Yeah, I am to a certain extent. And its the lack of Depp/Bonham Carter that has me most excited for Frankenweenie. They'd better not make any fleeing cameos or anything, or it'll turn into another Dark Shadows, which was the worst film I've seen this year. Ugh.
Old August 18th, 2012 (06:31 AM).
Guide of Darkness
Gold Tier

Post-Big Fish, Burton's been kinda forgettable. Highlight maybe being Corpse Bride.

I'm okay with Depp and Bonham Carter not being in every single one of his movies - but Danny Elfman must not go anywhere XD
Old August 18th, 2012 (03:36 PM).

Nature: Impish
Well, The Expendables 2 was a sure testosterone booster.

I'm not sure why, but I am actually excited to watch Robot & Frank. Did anybody hear of it?
Old August 18th, 2012 (03:48 PM).
Platinum Tier

Quote originally posted by Mr Cat Dog:
Yeah, I am to a certain extent. And its the lack of Depp/Bonham Carter that has me most excited for Frankenweenie. They'd better not make any fleeing cameos or anything, or it'll turn into another Dark Shadows, which was the worst film I've seen this year. Ugh.
I enjoyed Dark Shadows! I agree it was flawed and certainly not a masterpiece by any means, but it was quite enjoyable nonetheless. I don't think it was worth a "worst of 2012" title lol.

For me, the worst of 2012 is a tie between Wrath of the Titans and Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. Both were so stupid my braincells were dying.

HOW CAN GREEK GODS HAVE BROAD AUSTRALIAN ACCENTS I JUST DON'T GET IT.

Old August 18th, 2012 (07:02 PM).
Crystal Tier

HOW CAN GREEK GODS HAVE BROAD AUSTRALIAN ACCENTS I JUST DON'T GET IT.

And why do french kids have British accents *cough* Hugo *cough*

It's just a flaw that American movies tend to have, they think any accent other than American will just slip by unnoticed, especially where Europe is concerned.

I remember the first Titan's movie I saw was bad, but Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter? That wasn't good? C'mon, that's Oscar worthy stuff. :P

Sorry, I panicked.

Old August 19th, 2012 (06:27 AM).
Back

I was planning to watch Sword Art Online but... Actually I think that's not really my kind of anime... Maybe I'll watch it later.
So I decided to watch "Tasogare Otome x Amnesia" (or, in english, "Dusk Maiden of Amnesia") instead. It was really great. It's a mystery/detective/semi-horror anime, with a beautiful chara design, perfect dubbing, and a brilliant storyline. And the soundtrack is just gorgeous. That's a pity this anime is not that well-know, because it'd totally deserve it. Anime like that are rare.

Old August 19th, 2012 (11:57 AM).
Banned

It's teen fiction well and truly aimed at little boys. It's very meh.
Old August 19th, 2012 (07:30 PM).

Gold Tier

Nature: Relaxed
I'm fairly sure it'll have passed most people, but Act of Valor was the worst film so far this year. The entire thing was just too patriotic and the events of the film were so unrealistic, it was ridiculous. It was like watching a Call Of Duty campaign, but as a really, really bad film. Admittedly, Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter sounds like a terrible concept though.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to just drag this onto another topic, but I doubt this is worthy of another topic. I'm not particularly sure if any of you are Animal Collective fans, but they've just released their album (kind of) on their radio website. It's a reasonably big deal for some people, since it's a likely contender for album of the year considering how amazing some of their previous work has been. I'm just about to start listening through as I post, I'll probably end up saying it's brilliant and everyone must experience it though. :P
Old August 20th, 2012 (07:21 AM).
Platinum Tier

I'll laugh if you finish listening to the album and say "well that was ****"

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links