The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, hens return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 18th, 2012, 12:10 AM
Bourne-mouth
Trainer

Nature: Serious
I once thought Klinklang would be a decent pokemon to rack up kills with, but it turned out to be rubbish and down the box it went.
Old August 18th, 2012, 12:19 AM
Hikamaru
The Aqua Mouse Pokémon

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne-mouth View Post
I once thought Klinklang would be a decent pokemon to rack up kills with, but it turned out to be rubbish and down the box it went.
Yeah, I remember training one and it was a pain.

The entire line only learns Steel, Normal and Electric-type moves, has higher Attack stat than Sp. Attack and it only gets ONE PHYSICAL STAB MOVE, which unfortunately has low BP and is slightly inaccurate.

I mean, it's not even Electric-type yet it learns all these Electric moves. I mean, stuff like Thunderbolt, Charge Beam, Zap Cannon, Volt Switch, Thundershock etc.

Crystal Supporter Hikamaru

"The fur on its body naturally repels water. It can stay dry, even when it plays in the water."

Marill

Old August 18th, 2012, 03:28 AM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
Someone over at the team thread has indicated Purrloin will be on the final team. I don't mean this to come across as a gambling wager, but I'd put money down on whether Purrloin serves an integral part of the final team. There are a couple of TMs that give a STAB for it, but Liepard does not stand up to Zoroark despite being the same type.

Cyclone
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubin View Post
Yeah, Poorloin is pretty bad. Liepard's 88 Base Attack is loltastingly bad late game, and it's level-up is pathetic.

Plus there are so many better Dark types in this game (Scrafty, Krookodile, Zoroark) that I can't see why anyone would want to use Liepard (unless it's his/her favourite Pokemon or whatever).
But Zoroark isn't actually in the game!

Liepard is at least better than Mightyena. If only it learned some better moves...

Gamefreak, if you ever read this, I want to know why you troll Pidgeot. Talonflame has Gale Wings, Staraptor has good stats and Close Combat, Swellow has Guts, even freaking Fearow has Drill Run. And you troll Pidgeot with Big Pecks, Hurricane, and 10 measly base Speed points. Why, Gamefreak? Is the original bird not good enough for you?
Old August 18th, 2012, 04:10 AM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus87 View Post

Liepard is at least better than Mightyena. If only it learned some better moves...
Au contraire. If you have an Event Celebi, get the little boy Zorua in Castelia City; turns out they're friends (keep a free slot in your party, it has to physically join the party). Got an Event Shiny Entei, Suicine, or Raikou? Head for the woman in the trailer at Lostlorn Forest; this Zoroark comes at Lv.25. Or even if you can do those (or not), just trade for an Egg (in your own Trainer ID when hatched) or a baby (in another Trainer ID, it levels up quicker).

There are three available ways to get your Zorua/Zoroark. Do whatever one you like best and train it. It can come in handy for sneak purposes at first, in fact, as it comesout disguised as a Pokémon in your party when you go to battle, throwing off the opponent's battle strategy and could essentially give you a free hit for a couple of turns until they figure it out.

Cyclone

Pokémon Black - National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012
- My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada is still in Unova. I will be cloning it and importing a number of clones into Kalos for anyone interested. DW females may also be available if I have them.

Pokémon SoulSilver FC: 4943 2589 0519
Pokémon Black FC: 2538-0207-3336
Pokémon White 2 FC: 1335-5830-8725

Also playing Pokémon Light Platinum. Currently in Snowce City.
Old August 18th, 2012, 07:53 AM
rubin
czytała Krystyna Czubówna

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus87 View Post

Well, you technically don't have to know anyone to have a Zorua in your game. It's very easy to get through the GTS, seeing as there is a boy that shows you a picture of Zorua in Castelia.

Mightyena's worse? Meh, at least it has Intimidate.
Old August 18th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne-mouth View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
Yeah, I remember training one and it was a pain.

The entire line only learns Steel, Normal and Electric-type moves, has higher Attack stat than Sp. Attack and it only gets ONE PHYSICAL STAB MOVE, which unfortunately has low BP and is slightly inaccurate.

I mean, it's not even Electric-type yet it learns all these Electric moves. I mean, stuff like Thunderbolt, Charge Beam, Zap Cannon, Volt Switch, Thundershock etc.
tbh the fact that it wasn't part electric turned me off from using it, actually. Originally that was the disappointing factor for me, rather than how strong it apparently isn't. :(

hi, i am an ex-pc mod.
i used to mod black and white / fifth generation forums.

MOST IMPORTANTLY I LOVE FRIZY AND I SHALL FOREVER <3

i'm now battle server higher staff here, and i used to mod the main pokemon showdown server.
i'm also a moderator on smogon!
~ pumpka
Old January 14th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Chaos Fork
So I heard you liek Mudkipz

Nature: Calm
Tough one, two of my all time faves r in this generation

Here's my list
Woobat line: horrible zubat
Alomomola: expected it to be an evo of luvdisc
ALL of the musketeers: bad movepools and low stats for legends
Hydreigon: (I will be sent to hell for this) LEVEL64?!!
Trubbish: a pile of @#£*%
All atarters ecept oshawott: HORRIBLE design
BAST--i mean basculin: take a guess (it was my first legit shiny tho)

My NEW black 2 FC: 0347-8844-0065

Last edited by Chaos Fork; January 14th, 2013 at 03:33 PM. Reason: i need to mind my language a little
Old January 16th, 2013, 11:39 AM
DemonicWolf
Evil Cute Thing

Nature: Timid
For me it was Swoobat! I raised it from and from level 5 and by level 49 it special attack was only 110 ... compared to my, for example, Arcanine which is a pysical attacker...Eventually I dropped him in my box and use a manaphy I recently got from pkmn ranger for the elite four... Don't worry I raised him from lv 1 :D
Old January 16th, 2013, 01:44 PM
I.T.
The Pokémon Cartel

Nature: Jolly
Quite a few actually. Keep in mind when I first purchased PKMN White, I knew NOTHING about their stats. Here are my responses in quotes.

-Emboar
"Why is this thing so damn slow?!"

-Zebstrika
"If you faint because of another water pulse attack I swear.."

-Heatmor
"Aren't you ever gonna evolve?"

Last edited by I.T.; January 23rd, 2013 at 11:55 AM.
Old January 16th, 2013, 04:14 PM
Zupplu
Hey Listen! ~Navi

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Zupplu
Zebstrika. It looked so cool but it was ridiculously fragile. Don't 1HKO the opposing Pokemon and he's gone. Seriously, he was dying from water attacks. Still love him though <3

E M M E R Y N
Old January 16th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Venitardus
Breeder

Send a message via Skype™ to Venitardus
Swoobat.. It's extreamely terrible in my mind. i used it for my black run-through, and it was crap. i only kept it because it was the fastest on my team at the time.
Friend safari: Normal
•Pokemon X: Loudred, Dunsparce, Smeargle
Let me know if you add me, I'll add you as well.
Owner of the club: Red like roses ~ RWBY fan club
Old January 16th, 2013, 04:55 PM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
Reuniclus. I spent so much time raising them in White and then again in White 2 only to be bitterly reminded that they're so, so slow.

Also Beartic because its abilities are terrible.
Old January 16th, 2013, 05:29 PM
pokemanmdj
Random Passerby

Nature: Relaxed
Cryognal.
I thought it looked pretty neat, but he didn't really preform as well as I hoped he would have.
Old January 16th, 2013, 11:28 PM
Miss Anne Thrope
Disgusted

Nature: Bold
Pansear, Purrloin, Ducklett..
My disappointment in Pansear was probably my fault. I evolved it, not knowing it learned nothing after it's evolution.
Purrloin was too fragile, even after it evolved. It's speed didn't make up for it, and it was only average offensively.
Ducklett was a weak little thing, which went away when it evolved. As Swanna, it is average everywhere; that's all I can say. There was nothing that stood out about it, nothing special. It had no strong points.
Old January 17th, 2013, 12:29 AM
Hikamaru
The Aqua Mouse Pokémon

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweets Witch View Post
Reuniclus. I spent so much time raising them in White and then again in White 2 only to be bitterly reminded that they're so, so slow.
Reuniclus may be very slow, but it's a plus if Trick Room is used.

Its high Special Attack makes it a common Trick Room threat in OU, with its good movepool and stats to get it going. Tested one myself and if trained right it can be deadly not to mention most of the Psychic-types in-game have pretty good stats.

Crystal Supporter Hikamaru

"The fur on its body naturally repels water. It can stay dry, even when it plays in the water."

Marill

Last edited by Hikamaru; January 17th, 2013 at 12:53 AM.
Old January 17th, 2013, 12:30 AM
skyluigi2
L-let's-a go...!

Send a message via Skype™ to skyluigi2
Amoonguss; I still love it, but it's just not a strong Pokemon at all.

☆ 3DS Code: 5069-3912-3062
☆ Let me know if you've added me!

☆ Next most anticipated game(s): Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Tomodachi Life

☆ Currently playing: Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, Pokémon X and Kirby & the Amazing Mirror

☆ I'm known on Twitter as skyluigi2 as well

skyluigi2
Old January 17th, 2013, 06:20 PM
ClumzyTrainR13
Storm Caster

Snivy. Almost its entire moveset is grass type moves, and it has no significant stats except speed. Even the WATER type starter beats the grass, because of its ability to learn both Megahorn ad Ice Beam. Although I wasn't surprised. The only time I remember the grass starter NOT failing us is Gen III with Torterra's ground type to back it up, yet still making it so water type attacks still did decent damage.

Black 2 FC:
4256-2299-8658

Old January 18th, 2013, 07:26 AM
Vader
Champion

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Vader
I was going to use a Manna/Musharna and I dropped it early on because it just didn't do anything. Same with Pansear/Simisear and Panpour/Simipour. Much better Pokemon of their type are available. :/
Old January 21st, 2013, 12:34 AM
Boilurn
Scald Pokémon

Nature: Mild
Simipour. When I chose Snivy for my starter, I was frustrated at the third gym, as both of my Pokemon kept losing to Leavanny, Burgh's main Pokemon. When I got to Castelia City I came to the area with the Scientist giving out stones to elemental monkeys. I got excited and decided to evolve Panpour with the Water Stone at Level 18, and didn't realize that there were better moves that I could've used to have a shot against Burgh, such as Bite and Scald. That's what I don't like about elemental monkeys: They can't learn any level-up moves once they are evolved.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 08:04 AM
Matzeho1996

When I first played it i was very disappointed:
Pidove and evolution just learned special attacks
Blitzle was very weak, his shock wave did nearly nothing

As I played it again the dog from the beginning seemed very strong with STAB tackle and body check
But Stoutland was again very disappointing
Old January 23rd, 2013, 11:07 AM
Twilight-kun
Pokemon World Champion 2014-15

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to Twilight-kun Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Twilight-kun Send a message via Yahoo to Twilight-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Twilight-kun
the elemental monkeys were pathetic...
Old January 23rd, 2013, 12:03 PM
I.T.
The Pokémon Cartel

I know people might hate me for this but a lot of the Gen V PKMN were disappointing :\
It's still the best PKMN Generation in terms of gameplay though
Old January 24th, 2013, 03:04 AM
Urugamosu
Smiles are free, you know~
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Gentle
I didn't like the Elemental monkey's evolutions, and how they didn't naturally learn moves anymore.

Journey's, something a person will need once in a lifetime.
ProfileYouTubeRedditPokeCommunityBlog
Old January 24th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Ultimate PKMN Trainer Red
Banned

Nature: Brave
Those elemental monkeys and their evolution were disappointing...
Old January 25th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totodile42 View Post
Amoonguss; I still love it, but it's just not a strong Pokemon at all.
But it isn't meant to be a strong attacker, though. :( it's meant to be a supporter Pokemon and it's damn good at that imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilurn View Post
Simipour. When I chose Snivy for my starter, I was frustrated at the third gym, as both of my Pokemon kept losing to Leavanny, Burgh's main Pokemon. When I got to Castelia City I came to the area with the Scientist giving out stones to elemental monkeys. I got excited and decided to evolve Panpour with the Water Stone at Level 18, and didn't realize that there were better moves that I could've used to have a shot against Burgh, such as Bite and Scald. :( That's what I don't like about elemental monkeys: They can't learn any level-up moves once they are evolved.
Yeah I'd imagine that'd be annoying :( however the entire move pool of it is pretty good IMO, with iirc it having access to surf focus blast ice beam and grass knot iirc (maybe not tho).

hi, i am an ex-pc mod.
i used to mod black and white / fifth generation forums.

MOST IMPORTANTLY I LOVE FRIZY AND I SHALL FOREVER <3

i'm now battle server higher staff here, and i used to mod the main pokemon showdown server.
i'm also a moderator on smogon!
~ pumpka
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links