Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub
Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 17th, 2012, 12:26 PM
mrjimi16
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spherical Ice View Post
Oh, right, you are right there. I think I meant to say they're only really safe from being overwritten in the duration of a script. But for the intent of mrjimi, it won't work D:
Well shoot. I had hoped to avoid having to use variables because this is for the name of the starter and I have 9 different potential starters. I know what I can do using certain specials and special2s, but that will be a lot of work that I'd rather not do. Is there another kind of string-saving function in the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EHero70 View Post
Ok weird thing. One my warp isnt working in my cave. Everything is good and the unknown value is set to 3. Also one of my ladders suddenly stopped working and it wont warp me anymore. Its unknown value is 4. Finally when ever I step on theese to blocks in my game my game freezes and crashes. I need help desperately
This time I think I figured it out. If by not working you mean that when you step onto a warp it tries to warp but once the screen goes black it never fades back in, then check if you have any level scripts that point to empty bytes. I had this issue a few days ago.

Last edited by mrjimi16; August 17th, 2012 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old August 17th, 2012, 01:52 PM
Ach7AC
Mime Jr.

Quick questions, all for FireRed:
Anyone know how to add over 8 badges in the game? Such as how Wesley and LaZ added two full regions in their hacks? I've been trying to do it via attempting to set several flags, but so far, I've had no luck.
Another one. How exactly do I set the battle theme for each character? And if I try to set another trainer as a gym leader via AT, their music remains the same. Is there a way to change this? Thanks in advanced!
Old August 17th, 2012, 03:19 PM
redriders180
Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via AIM to redriders180 Send a message via Skype™ to redriders180
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimi16 View Post
Well shoot. I had hoped to avoid having to use variables because this is for the name of the starter and I have 9 different potential starters. I know what I can do using certain specials and special2s, but that will be a lot of work that I'd rather not do. Is there another kind of string-saving function in the game?
My hack also has more than the usual three starters, and I approached it this way: Store the species number in a variable. Then, use bufferpokemon 0x0 0xVAR_NUMBER, with var_number being the variable holding the species number. This doesn't preserve nicknames, of course...there's always a way, and you'll probably have to do alot of work. I have an idea about storing the nickname to five variables, if necessary, so try working from that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ach7AC View Post
Quick questions, all for FireRed:
Anyone know how to add over 8 badges in the game? Such as how Wesley and LaZ added two full regions in their hacks? I've been trying to do it via attempting to set several flags, but so far, I've had no luck.
Another one. How exactly do I set the battle theme for each character? And if I try to set another trainer as a gym leader via AT, their music remains the same. Is there a way to change this? Thanks in advanced!
I believe that they simply use eight more flags then the usual, to dictate the eight new badges. They aren't displayed on the trainer card, though, unless you do a little ASM.

Thank you for hatching the eggs!
Please view these dragons! Just click them and you're done!
If you don't help them grow up, they'll die...

Old August 17th, 2012, 05:06 PM
mrjimi16
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redriders180 View Post
My hack also has more than the usual three starters, and I approached it this way: Store the species number in a variable. Then, use bufferpokemon 0x0 0xVAR_NUMBER, with var_number being the variable holding the species number. This doesn't preserve nicknames, of course...there's always a way, and you'll probably have to do alot of work. I have an idea about storing the nickname to five variables, if necessary, so try working from that.
I thought that the second argument in a bufferpokemon command was a value and not a variable.
Old August 17th, 2012, 05:21 PM
redriders180

Send a message via AIM to redriders180 Send a message via Skype™ to redriders180
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimi16 View Post
I thought that the second argument in a bufferpokemon command was a value and not a variable.
The second parameter of the bufferpokemon command is a halfword, and the general rule of thumb is that if the parameter is a halfword, then a variable can be substituted in. It will buffer the species name indicated by that variable, of course.

Old August 17th, 2012, 06:10 PM
Ashera
Mysterious Kitsune

Nature: Bold
I'm sorry if this was asked/answered before, but looking through 901 pages is sort of impossible.

The text that one character in littleroot town is supposed to say is getting spliced with another's, and if I fix it, then that one's text is replaced by the end of the first one's.
Black Version Friend Code: 5243-1306-8096
Old August 17th, 2012, 07:36 PM
c3pu
Beginning Trainer

i dont know if this as been ask before(classic we all say that) but here i go
i want to know how to change may's sprites (back sprite, trainer card, overworld all of them) in emerald cause i dont like the green clothe she as in emerald. so i want to replace it by the red version like in ruby and the anime

by the way as this might be related im on win 7 and tried to index sprite for ruby and red before and could not make it work at some point the pallet gets reset and it wont index

Last edited by c3pu; August 17th, 2012 at 09:57 PM.
Old August 17th, 2012, 08:35 PM
Ivantis
Beginning Trainer

Is there any way I can edit a pokemon's icon (the mini sprite in the party window / pc) now that Wichu's editor has gone offline? or did i just join this craze too late?
Old August 17th, 2012, 08:49 PM
thanethane98
Self Proclaimed Expert

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashera View Post
I'm sorry if this was asked/answered before, but looking through 901 pages is sort of impossible.

The text that one character in littleroot town is supposed to say is getting spliced with another's, and if I fix it, then that one's text is replaced by the end of the first one's.
I've had this issue before, there's really only one reliable way to solve it. Simply give them new scripts, and the problem should go away. I'm not really an expert on this, but my guess is that the text put in is larger than the old amount was, so it pours over into other data (aka the other person's text). As I said, I'm not an expert on this though.

Anyways, I've got a question. Does anybody know where the script offset is for the first rival battle in Firered? I've actually deleted all the map scripts in Oak's Lab in my hack, but when I get the first pokemon and leave, the battle still happens.
Back and ROM hacking again!
Old August 17th, 2012, 10:27 PM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by c3pu View Post
i dont know if this as been ask before(classic we all say that) but here i go
i want to know how to change may's sprites (back sprite, trainer card, overworld all of them) in emerald cause i dont like the green clothe she as in emerald. so i want to replace it by the red version like in ruby and the anime

by the way as this might be related im on win 7 and tried to index sprite for ruby and red before and could not make it work at some point the pallet gets reset and it wont index
So you want Red's Sprite Indexed?

Here's Red Sprite 100% Indexed you'll just have to insert it... Also If your using paint to do this why not use Gimp or Photoshop that might help...

NOTE: You can just rip those sprites from UNLZ or NSE, then just insert them to your ROM...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivantis View Post
Is there any way I can edit a pokemon's icon (the mini sprite in the party window / pc) now that Wichu's editor has gone offline? or did i just join this craze too late?
Yes, you can use IconEd, download those of google and I think some guys have some copies of the Advanced Series on the Internet search for them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanethane98 View Post
I've had this issue before, there's really only one reliable way to solve it. Simply give them new scripts, and the problem should go away. I'm not really an expert on this, but my guess is that the text put in is larger than the old amount was, so it pours over into other data (aka the other person's text). As I said, I'm not an expert on this though.

Anyways, I've got a question. Does anybody know where the script offset is for the first rival battle in Firered? I've actually deleted all the map scripts in Oak's Lab in my hack, but when I get the first pokemon and leave, the battle still happens.
Here's the offset,

Left Script Box - 0x1692E7/001692E7
Middle Script Box - 0x1692F3/001692F3
Right Script Box - 0x1692FF/001692FF

And you might have deleted the map scripts but, have you deleted the script boxes they're the one's in Green with an "S" Delete those and it will not happen again...
Old August 18th, 2012, 01:17 AM
Flannery Lue
Soul Sister

Nature: Rash
Hello there. I am new to Pokemon ROM hacking in general.
I found a Pokemon Emerald ROM from media fire, as well as Advanced Maps, and a few other tools. I spent roughly four days messing around in Advanced Maps, and PET, just to see if I could teach myself. I ended up reading "diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial" and learned a lot more than I even knew there was to learn about ROM hacking.

My question is this:

I want to "recreate" Pokemon Emerald, and add all of the regions, including the Sinnoh region. I am revamping all of the cities to make them look closer to how they did in the anime. (or as close as I can with 8-Bit Graphics Lmao.. )

I am stuck on one of the gym battle scripts. I created it in "XSE" then I compiled it in Pokerscript, and burned it to the ROM. I set the script offset to the proper Hex, and it still seems not to work. Here is my script, hopefully someone can tell me were I messed up:

'-----------------------
#org 0x1FE78C
0x1 0x10C 0x0 0x81FF0DC 0x81FF233 0x81FE7C1

0x1 0x81FE864

0x0 0x81FE81D
msgbox 0x81FF546 '"Your power reminds me of someone[.]..."

0x2F67026C

'-----------------------
#org 0x1FE7C1
0x81FF32F '"[player] received the HEAT BADGE\nf..."
'-----------------------
#org 0x1FE864
0x7 0x10C 0x0 0x81FF601 0x81FF69F 0x81FF75E
'-----------------------
#org 0x1FE81D
giveitem 0x152 0x1 0x0

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x1FF0DC
= Welcome[.]Haven't I seen you somewere..?\pI guess it doesnt really matter. If you are here to battle,\nI hope you brought your A-Game, because I wont go down easy.\pI have beaten all of the gyms in the Kanto Region, and the Jhoto Region.[.]\nAlso, my Grandfather was Bruno in the Elite Four,\pSo you can see I have quite a reputation to keep.\nAre you ready...? Then lets go.\

#org 0x1FF233
= Oh wow...[.]\nYou are truly an outstanding TRAINER.[.]\p...I swear you look so familar. Do you live around here?[.]\nHaha.. I'm sorry for getting off topic.\pI haven't had a challenger at your skill level in a long time.\nI'm sure My Pokemon and I are out of pratcice from all the easy battles\pwe have been getting. Still, thats no excuse. So without\nfurther adieu here is the Heat Bage, along with my favourite\pTM; Overheat. Initially, Its a powerful Move, but after\nevery use, it cuts special attack.

#org 0x1FF546
= I still cant place were I have seen you...[.]\pMaybe one day I will figure it out.\nOh yah, your dad called me a few hours ago\pasking if you had passed through here.\nDon't look at me like that! Haha.. I'm sure he's just anxious to battle you.
#org 0x1FF32F
= [player] received the HEAT BADGE\nfrom FLANNERY.

#org 0x1FF601
= FLANNERY: Losing a battle isn't going\nto deflate me.\pI love Pokemon.\nI love to battle.\lAnd[.] I love this Gym!\pI want to have have another shot at beating you.\nThis time, I might win. So dont be surprised when \pI'ts you who is giving me the prize money.

#org 0x1FF69F
= Whew!\nOn the verge of eruption!

#org 0x1FF75E
= FLANNERY: Losing a battle isn't going\nto deflate me.\pI love Pokemon.\nI love to battle.\lAnd[.] I love this Gym!\pI want to have have another shot at beating you.\nThis time, I might win. So dont be surprised when \pI'ts you who is giving me the prize money.\pOh, wait. You only have one Pokemon\nthat can battle?\pI hate to say this, but you need to at least\nbring two Pokemon.
Love, and Understand, Imagine, and Believe. It will take you far.
Old August 18th, 2012, 01:54 AM
mrjimi16
Beginning Trainer

Quote:

You don't quite have to give them new scripts; if you want to save as much space as possible, just figuring out where to put the new offset for one of the scripts in fine, just make sure that it isn't the one that is overwritten. The issue is that you put two scripts in too little space and they overlapped. Just find a bigger space.

In answer to your question, the script is located at 0x1692F3. The weird bit about the script is that there is no checkflag or compare variable to keep it from starting after being started. Not that I have looked at it in depth nor the scripts around it all that much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flannery Lue View Post
Hello there. I am new to Pokemon ROM hacking in general.
I found a Pokemon Emerald ROM from media fire, as well as Advanced Maps, and a few other tools. I spent roughly four days messing around in Advanced Maps, and PET, just to see if I could teach myself. I ended up reading "diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial" and learned a lot more than I even knew there was to learn about ROM hacking.

My question is this:

I want to "recreate" Pokemon Emerald, and add all of the regions, including the Sinnoh region. I am revamping all of the cities to make them look closer to how they did in the anime. (or as close as I can with 8-Bit Graphics Lmao.. )

I am stuck on one of the gym battle scripts. I created it in "XSE" then I compiled it in Pokerscript, and burned it to the ROM. I set the script offset to the proper Hex, and it still seems not to work. Here is my script, hopefully someone can tell me were I messed up:
Spoiler:

'-----------------------
#org 0x1FE78C
0x1 0x10C 0x0 0x81FF0DC 0x81FF233 0x81FE7C1

0x1 0x81FE864

0x0 0x81FE81D
msgbox 0x81FF546 '"Your power reminds me of someone[.]..."

0x2F67026C

'-----------------------
#org 0x1FE7C1
0x81FF32F '"[player] received the HEAT BADGE\nf..."
'-----------------------
#org 0x1FE864
0x7 0x10C 0x0 0x81FF601 0x81FF69F 0x81FF75E
'-----------------------
#org 0x1FE81D
giveitem 0x152 0x1 0x0

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x1FF0DC
= Welcome[.]Haven't I seen you somewere..?\pI guess it doesnt really matter. If you are here to battle,\nI hope you brought your A-Game, because I wont go down easy.\pI have beaten all of the gyms in the Kanto Region, and the Jhoto Region.[.]\nAlso, my Grandfather was Bruno in the Elite Four,\pSo you can see I have quite a reputation to keep.\nAre you ready...? Then lets go.\

#org 0x1FF233
= Oh wow...[.]\nYou are truly an outstanding TRAINER.[.]\p...I swear you look so familar. Do you live around here?[.]\nHaha.. I'm sorry for getting off topic.\pI haven't had a challenger at your skill level in a long time.\nI'm sure My Pokemon and I are out of pratcice from all the easy battles\pwe have been getting. Still, thats no excuse. So without\nfurther adieu here is the Heat Bage, along with my favourite\pTM; Overheat. Initially, Its a powerful Move, but after\nevery use, it cuts special attack.

#org 0x1FF546
= I still cant place were I have seen you...[.]\pMaybe one day I will figure it out.\nOh yah, your dad called me a few hours ago\pasking if you had passed through here.\nDon't look at me like that! Haha.. I'm sure he's just anxious to battle you.
#org 0x1FF32F
= [player] received the HEAT BADGE\nfrom FLANNERY.

#org 0x1FF601
= FLANNERY: Losing a battle isn't going\nto deflate me.\pI love Pokemon.\nI love to battle.\lAnd[.] I love this Gym!\pI want to have have another shot at beating you.\nThis time, I might win. So dont be surprised when \pI'ts you who is giving me the prize money.

#org 0x1FF69F
= Whew!\nOn the verge of eruption!

#org 0x1FF75E
= FLANNERY: Losing a battle isn't going\nto deflate me.\pI love Pokemon.\nI love to battle.\lAnd[.] I love this Gym!\pI want to have have another shot at beating you.\nThis time, I might win. So dont be surprised when \pI'ts you who is giving me the prize money.\pOh, wait. You only have one Pokemon\nthat can battle?\pI hate to say this, but you need to at least\nbring two Pokemon.
Now I have never used Pokescript, so keep that in mind, but it looks like you left out all of the commands and are left with only the arguments for those missing commands. And why all of that empty space?

Last edited by mrjimi16; August 18th, 2012 at 02:01 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old August 18th, 2012, 03:58 AM
Flannery Lue
Soul Sister

Okay.. I re-read Diego's Tutorial, I entered the commands, but now I get this message telling me: "Floating pointer must be pushed."

lol... Some help would be nice. I will post a screen shot of this message box, and I will post my "new" script to see if anyone can spot an error..

Push Floating pointer..png

Edited Script:

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x86A
if 0x1 goto @done
msgbox @2 0x6
trainerbattle 0x1 0x10C 0x0 @before @after @later
end

#org @before
= Welcome to the Lavaridge Gym!\nHey... haven't I seen you\lsomewhere before..? I guess it\ldoesn't really matter. Are you here\lfor a battle? Well, if you are, I\lhope you brought your A-Game,\lbecause I will not go down easy.\lI have beaten all of the Gyms in\lthe Kanto, Jhoto and Sinnoh\lRegions.\lI am considered the "unoffical"\lchampion in the Sinnoh, and Kanto\lElite Four because I beat both\lprevous champions. Though I\ldeclined the title.\lBoth my grandparents were in the\lElite four as well; My Grandma was\lAgatha, and my Grandfather was\lBruno. As you can see, I have quite\la reputation to keep. Are you\lready? Then lets go.

#org @after
= Oh wow... You truly are an\noutstanding trainer.\l....I swear you look so familar. Do\lyou live around here?

#org @later
msgbox @3 0x6
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox @4 0x4
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
msgbox @5 0x6
giveitem 0x338 0x1
setflag 0x820
release
end

#org @done
msgbox @1 0x6
release
end

#org @1
= I still cant place were I have seen\nyou before...\lMaybe one day I will figure it out.\lOh ya, your dad called my PokeGear\la few hours ago asking if you\lpassed through here yet.\lDont look at me like that! Haha..\lI'm sure he's just anxiuos to\lbattle you.\l--Oh. That look was for my\lPokeGear? It's a device from the\lJhoto Region. Its alot more\ladvanced than the PokeNav.

#org @2
= Welcome to the Lavaridge Gym!\nHey... haven't I seen you\lsomewhere before..? I guess it\ldoesn't really matter. Are you here\lfor a battle? Well, if you are, I\lhope you brought your A-Game,\lbecause I will not go down easy.\lI have beaten all of the Gyms in\lthe Kanto, Jhoto and Sinnoh\lRegions.\lI am considered the "unoffical"\lchampion in the Sinnoh, and Kanto\lElite Four because I beat both\lprevous champions. Though I\ldeclined the title.\lBoth my grandparents were in the\lElite four as well; My Grandma was\lAgatha, and my Grandfather was\lBruno.

#org @3
= Haha... I'm\lsorry for getting off topic.\lI haven't fought against a trainer\lof your skill level for a few\lyears. I'm sure my Pokemon and I\lare out of practice from all the\leasy battles we have been getting.\lStill.. thats no excuse.

#org @4
= \v\h01 recieved the heat Badge!

#org @5
= So without\lfurther adieu, here is the Heat\lBadge, along with my favourite TM:\lOverheat. Initially, its a powerful\lmove, but after every use it cuts\lSpecial Attack.
Old August 18th, 2012, 04:14 AM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Quote:
Okay.. I re-read Diego's Tutorial, I entered the commands, but now I get this message telling me: "Floating pointer must be pushed."

lol... Some help would be nice. I will post a screen shot of this message box, and I will post my "new" script to see if anyone can spot an error..

Attachment 65730

Edited Script:

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x86A
if 0x1 goto @done
msgbox @2 0x6
trainerbattle 0x1 0x10C 0x0 @before @after @later
end

#org @before
= Welcome to the Lavaridge Gym!\nHey... haven't I seen you\lsomewhere before..? I guess it\ldoesn't really matter. Are you here\lfor a battle? Well, if you are, I\lhope you brought your A-Game,\lbecause I will not go down easy.\lI have beaten all of the Gyms in\lthe Kanto, Jhoto and Sinnoh\lRegions.\lI am considered the "unoffical"\lchampion in the Sinnoh, and Kanto\lElite Four because I beat both\lprevous champions. Though I\ldeclined the title.\lBoth my grandparents were in the\lElite four as well; My Grandma was\lAgatha, and my Grandfather was\lBruno. As you can see, I have quite\la reputation to keep. Are you\lready? Then lets go.

#org @after
= Oh wow... You truly are an\noutstanding trainer.\l....I swear you look so familar. Do\lyou live around here?

#org @later
msgbox @3 0x6
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox @4 0x4
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
msgbox @5 0x6
giveitem 0x338 0x1
setflag 0x820
release
end

#org @done
msgbox @1 0x6
release
end

#org @1
= I still cant place were I have seen\nyou before...\lMaybe one day I will figure it out.\lOh ya, your dad called my PokeGear\la few hours ago asking if you\lpassed through here yet.\lDont look at me like that! Haha..\lI'm sure he's just anxiuos to\lbattle you.\l--Oh. That look was for my\lPokeGear? It's a device from the\lJhoto Region. Its alot more\ladvanced than the PokeNav.

#org @2
= Welcome to the Lavaridge Gym!\nHey... haven't I seen you\lsomewhere before..? I guess it\ldoesn't really matter. Are you here\lfor a battle? Well, if you are, I\lhope you brought your A-Game,\lbecause I will not go down easy.\lI have beaten all of the Gyms in\lthe Kanto, Jhoto and Sinnoh\lRegions.\lI am considered the "unoffical"\lchampion in the Sinnoh, and Kanto\lElite Four because I beat both\lprevous champions. Though I\ldeclined the title.\lBoth my grandparents were in the\lElite four as well; My Grandma was\lAgatha, and my Grandfather was\lBruno.

#org @3
= Haha... I'm\lsorry for getting off topic.\lI haven't fought against a trainer\lof your skill level for a few\lyears. I'm sure my Pokemon and I\lare out of practice from all the\leasy battles we have been getting.\lStill.. thats no excuse.

#org @4

#org @5
= So without\lfurther adieu, here is the Heat\lBadge, along with my favourite TM:\lOverheat. Initially, its a powerful\lmove, but after every use it cuts\lSpecial Attack.
Olol why do you use buffrite to compile an XSE script use XSE to compile it too! xD

Just make sure you have your ROM loaded in XSE and press the Compile button or the one that looks like a gear, and then copy the very first offset and put it up on A-map...

Also if you want the script to continue after the battle you just have to change 0x1 to 0x3 and remove "@later and @after" and just continue the script...
And also Trainerbattle 0x3 only accepts one pointer with it and it's the pointer that loads when you win just make a msgbox of the message to be said before the battle...
Old August 18th, 2012, 04:37 AM
Flannery Lue
Soul Sister

I'm starting to feel like I am becoming a nuisance...

I cant really use XSE for anything other than writing the scripts. For some reason, the programme does not have a command database, and I don't know how to go about doing that. Here is a screen shot to show you what i mean:

Command Database.png

And I "tested" the script after you told me what to do, and when I talk to the gym leader, a multi choice box comes up with the options "yes/no/info"
If I click yes, I get a message stating: "Hiker Sawer was registered in the PokeNav!" along with the corresponding music.

If I click no, nothing happens. If I click Info, I get an infinite amount of text come up in a text box, then the whole screen freezes, and turns "static" blue and white.

How do I "Restore" the command database? I would be really grateful if you could help me with this.
....I'm sorry for being such a newby.. but I have to start somewere.
Old August 18th, 2012, 06:26 AM
thanethane98
Self Proclaimed Expert

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by tajaros View Post

Here's the offset,

Left Script Box - 0x1692E7/001692E7
Middle Script Box - 0x1692F3/001692F3
Right Script Box - 0x1692FF/001692FF

And you might have deleted the map scripts but, have you deleted the script boxes they're the one's in Green with an "S" Delete those and it will not happen again...
Thanks! This means that I can finally be finished with the Professor's lab in my hack (and the starter town altogether).

Also, I think that by "red sprite", he meant the version of may used in Ruby, not the actual Red from Firered/Leafgreen.
Back and ROM hacking again!
Old August 18th, 2012, 08:05 AM
Pinta77
McDonald's Insider
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Pinta77
Here's my question.

I want to replace this part of the intro

with something like this

I pmed Charon/Crazybuizel on youtube and asked how, and he said

"Tile editing, there's many tutorials on it online.

To fit it though I had to repoint it. I can't remember where the pointers were though..."

So does anyone know those pointers? Remember, It's Pokemon Ruby Version.

Wonder Trade!!!
Old August 18th, 2012, 02:32 PM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Quote:
Thanks! This means that I can finally be finished with the Professor's lab in my hack (and the starter town altogether).

Also, I think that by "red sprite", he meant the version of may used in Ruby, not the actual Red from Firered/Leafgreen.
Oh! *facepalm*

Sorry for that here's May and Brendan's sprite from Ruby...

It's Indexed and ready to insert...

Quote:
I'm starting to feel like I am becoming a nuisance...

I cant really use XSE for anything other than writing the scripts. For some reason, the programme does not have a command database, and I don't know how to go about doing that. Here is a screen shot to show you what i mean:

Attachment 65731

And I "tested" the script after you told me what to do, and when I talk to the gym leader, a multi choice box comes up with the options "yes/no/info"
If I click yes, I get a message stating: "Hiker Sawer was registered in the PokeNav!" along with the corresponding music.

If I click no, nothing happens. If I click Info, I get an infinite amount of text come up in a text box, then the whole screen freezes, and turns "static" blue and white.

How do I "Restore" the command database? I would be really grateful if you could help me with this.
....I'm sorry for being such a newby.. but I have to start somewere.
Huh? Mine works properly are you sure you downloaded XSE right? Download the latest one here http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=85025 And did you load the Rom b4 compiling it in XSE?

And also If u used XSE doesn't works for you, what did you used to compile the script? Olol
Old August 18th, 2012, 08:30 PM
Flannery Lue
Soul Sister

Quote:

Huh? Mine works properly are you sure you downloaded XSE right? Download the latest one here "***********pokecommunity****/showthread.php?t=85025" And did you load the Rom b4 compiling it in XSE?

And also If u used XSE doesn't works for you, what did you used to compile the script? Olol :P
-_-... I'm not THAT new to creating scripts. Yes I loaded the ROM, and I use BuffRite, and PokeScript to compile my scripts. I had to add the asterix symbols to the link you gave me because I cannot post a link until I have posted fifteen times... lol

I Never could get XSE to work. That link to the a newer version of it you gave me, is broken. I get this message:

404 - NOT FOUND

NOT FOUND.png

Could you please take a look at my script, and tell me if I made an error? because I am sure that It can be done with BuffRite, and PokeScript. All it does is compile it. Thats all I need.

Here is my script:

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x86A
if 0x3 goto @done
msgbox @2 0x6
trainerbattle 0x3 0x10C 0x0 @before @after @later
end

#org @before

#org @after

#org @later
msgbox @3 0x6
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox @4 0x4
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
msgbox @5 0x6
giveitem 0x338 0x1
setflag 0x820
release
end

#org @done
msgbox @1 0x6
release
end

#org @1

#org @2

#org @3

#org @4

#org @5

Please, I would really appreciate it if you could tell me what i am doing wrong.
I believe that some of the commands I am using in it are made for Fire Red/Leaf Green, because they are the ones I learned on Diego's Tutorial, and he specifically stated that he does not like the R/S/E ROMs. If I am using the wrong commands, could you please either tell me the ones I need, or direct me to a forum that has a list of them...?

Please, and Thank you.
Old August 18th, 2012, 10:22 PM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Quote:
... I'm not THAT new to creating scripts. Yes I loaded the ROM, and I use BuffRite, and PokeScript to compile my scripts. I had to add the asterix symbols to the link you gave me because I cannot post a link until I have posted fifteen times... lol

I Never could get XSE to work. That link to the a newer version of it you gave me, is broken. I get this message:

404 - NOT FOUND

Attachment 65744

Could you please take a look at my script, and tell me if I made an error? because I am sure that It can be done with BuffRite, and PokeScript. All it does is compile it. Thats all I need.

Here is my script:

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x86A
if 0x3 goto @done
msgbox @2 0x6
trainerbattle 0x3 0x10C 0x0 @before @after @later
end

#org @before

#org @after

#org @later
msgbox @3 0x6
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox @4 0x4
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
msgbox @5 0x6
giveitem 0x338 0x1
setflag 0x820
release
end

#org @done
msgbox @1 0x6
release
end

#org @1

#org @2

#org @3

#org @4

#org @5

Please, I would really appreciate it if you could tell me what i am doing wrong.
I believe that some of the commands I am using in it are made for Fire Red/Leaf Green, because they are the ones I learned on Diego's Tutorial, and he specifically stated that he does not like the R/S/E ROMs. If I am using the wrong commands, could you please either tell me the ones I need, or direct me to a forum that has a list of them...?

Please, and Thank you.
Your seriously having problems for me the link works perfectly, just go to the Toolbox section and download XSE from Hackmew's Tool Factory!

I didn't know this was a gym battle script so here's the script like the Gym Battle In FR... XSE Style...

Spoiler:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
setvar 0x8004 0x2
setvar 0x8005 0x2
special 0x174
trainerbattle 0x1 0x10C 0x0 @see @win @sets
checkflag 0x254
if 0x0 goto @take
msgbox @1 0x4
release
end

#org @sets
setvar 0x8004 0x2
setvar 0x8005 0x1
special 0x173
setflag 0x4B0
setflag 0x820
setvar 0x406C 0x1
setflag 0x2E
clearflag 0x92
setvar 0x8008 0x1
call @clear
goto @take

#org @take
msgbox @2 0x4
checkitemroom 0x152 0x1
compare 0x800D 0x0
if 0x1 goto @full
additem 0x152 0x1
loadpointer 0x0 @receive
giveitem2 0x152 0x1 0x101
setflag 0x254
msgbox @tm 0x4
release
end

#org @clear
copyvar 0x8000 0x8008
compare 0x8000 0x1
if 0x1 goto @1.0
compare 0x8000 0x2
if 0x1 goto @2.0
compare 0x8000 0x3
if 0x1 goto @3.0
compare 0x8000 0x4
if 0x1 goto @4.0
compare 0x8000 0x5
if 0x1 goto @5.0
compare 0x8000 0x6
if 0x1 goto @6.0
compare 0x8000 0x7
if 0x1 goto @7.0
compare 0x8000 0x8
if 0x1 goto @8.0
end

#org @full
msgbox @room 0x4
release
end

#org @1.0
cleartrainerflag 0x8E
return

#org @2.0
cleartrainerflag 0x96
cleartrainerflag 0xEA
return

#org @3.0
cleartrainerflag 0x8D
cleartrainerflag 0xDC
cleartrainerflag 0x1A7
return

#org @4.0
cleartrainerflag 0x84
cleartrainerflag 0x85
cleartrainerflag 0xA0
cleartrainerflag 0x109
cleartrainerflag 0x10A
cleartrainerflag 0x10B
cleartrainerflag 0x192
return

#org @5.0
cleartrainerflag 0x126
cleartrainerflag 0x127
cleartrainerflag 0x120
cleartrainerflag 0x121
cleartrainerflag 0x124
cleartrainerflag 0x125
return

#org @6.0
cleartrainerflag 0x118
cleartrainerflag 0x119
cleartrainerflag 0x11A
cleartrainerflag 0x11B
cleartrainerflag 0x1CE
cleartrainerflag 0x1CF
cleartrainerflag 0x1D0
return

#org @7.0
cleartrainerflag 0xB1
cleartrainerflag 0xB2
cleartrainerflag 0xB3
cleartrainerflag 0xB4
cleartrainerflag 0xD5
cleartrainerflag 0xD6
cleartrainerflag 0xD7
return

#org @8.0
cleartrainerflag 0x128
cleartrainerflag 0x129
cleartrainerflag 0x142
cleartrainerflag 0x143
cleartrainerflag 0x144
cleartrainerflag 0x188
cleartrainerflag 0x190
cleartrainerflag 0x191
return

#org @see
= Welcome to the Lavaridge Gym!\pHey... haven't I seen you\nsomewhere before?\pI guess it doesn't really matter.\pAre you here for a battle?\pWell, if you are, I hope you\nbrought your A-game, because I will\lnot go down easy.\pI have beaten all of the Gyms in\nthe Kanto, Johto, and Sinnoh\lRegions.\pI am considered the "unofficial"\nChampion in the Sinnoh, and Kanto\lElite Four because I beat both\lprevious Champions.\pThough I decline the title.\pBoth my grandparents were in the\nElite four as well; My Grandma was\lAgatha, and my Grandfather was\lBruno.\pAs you can see, I have quite a\nreputation to keep.\pAre you ready?\pThen let's go.

#org @win
= Oh wow...\pYou truly are an outstanding\nTrainer.\p...I swear you look familiar.\pDo you live around here?

#org @1
= I still cant place were I have seen\nyou before...\lMaybe one day I will figure it out.\lOh ya, your dad called my PokeGear\la few hours ago asking if you\lpassed through here yet.\lDont look at me like that! Haha..\lI'm sure he's just anxiuos to\lbattle you.\l--Oh. That look was for my\lPokeGear?\pIt's a device from the\lJohto Region. Its alot more\ladvanced than the PokeNav.\pHaha... I'm\lsorry for getting off topic.\lI haven't fought against a trainer\lof your skill level for a few\lyears. I'm sure my Pokemon and I\lare out of practice from all the\leasy battles we have been getting.\lStill.. thats no excuse.

#org @2
= So without further adieu, Here's\nmy favorite TM!

#org @receive
= [player] received the\nTM50 OVERHEAT.

#org @tm
= A TM, Technical Machine, contains a\ntechnique for POKéMON.\pUsing a TM teaches the move it\ncontains to a POKéMON.\pA TM is good for only one use.\pSo, when you use one, pick the\nPOKéMON carefully.\pAnyways[.]\nTM50 contains OVERHEAT.\pIt's a very powerful move.\pTeach it to a FIRE POKéMON!

#org @room
= You don't have room for this.

I've tested it and works I also changed some things in the text like Johto spelled Jhoto and some script alignment's...

Test it if you want...

And if you can't compile it, here's the script in Hex just use a hex editor to insert and take note of the Offset you put it in...

Spoiler:
6A 5A 16 04 80 02 00 16 05 80 02 00 25 74 01 5C 01 0C 01 00 00 9A 01 90 08 0A 04 90 08 35 00 90 08 2B 54 02 06 00 63 00 90 08 0F 00 73 04 90 08 09 04 6C 02 FF 16 04 80 02 00 16 05 80 01 00 25 73 01 29 B0 04 29 20 08 16 6C 40 01 00 29 2E 00 2A 92 00 16 08 80 01 00 04 A5 00 90 08 05 63 00 90 08 FF 0F 00 CC 06 90 08 09 04 46 52 01 01 00 21 0D 80 00 00 06 01 04 01 90 08 44 52 01 01 00 0F 00 FF 06 90 08 1A 00 80 52 01 1A 01 80 01 00 1A 02 80 01 01 09 09 29 54 02 0F 00 20 07 90 08 09 04 6C 02 FF 19 00 80 08 80 21 00 80 01 00 06 01 0F 01 90 08 21 00 80 02 00 06 01 14 01 90 08 21 00 80 03 00 06 01 1C 01 90 08 21 00 80 04 00 06 01 27 01 90 08 21 00 80 05 00 06 01 3E 01 90 08 21 00 80 06 00 06 01 52 01 90 08 21 00 80 07 00 06 01 69 01 90 08 21 00 80 08 00 06 01 80 01 90 08 02 FF 0F 00 3C 08 90 08 09 04 6C 02 FF 61 8E 00 03 FF 61 96 00 61 EA 00 03 FF 61 8D 00 61 DC 00 61 A7 01 03 FF 61 84 00 61 85 00 61 A0 00 61 09 01 61 0A 01 61 0B 01 61 92 01 03 FF 61 26 01 61 27 01 61 20 01 61 21 01 61 24 01 61 25 01 03 FF 61 18 01 61 19 01 61 1A 01 61 1B 01 61 CE 01 61 CF 01 61 D0 01 03 FF 61 B1 00 61 B2 00 61 B3 00 61 B4 00 61 D5 00 61 D6 00 61 D7 00 03 FF 61 28 01 61 29 01 61 42 01 61 43 01 61 44 01 61 88 01 61 90 01 61 91 01 03 FF D1 D9 E0 D7 E3 E1 D9 00 E8 E3 00 E8 DC D9 00 C6 D5 EA D5 E6 DD D8 DB D9 00 C1 ED E1 AB FB C2 D9 ED AD AD AD 00 DC D5 EA D9 E2 B4 E8 00 C3 00 E7 D9 D9 E2 00 ED E3 E9 FE E7 E3 E1 D9 EB DC D9 E6 D9 00 D6 D9 DA E3 E6 D9 AC FB C3 00 DB E9 D9 E7 E7 00 DD E8 00 D8 E3 D9 E7 E2 B4 E8 00 E6 D9 D5 E0 E0 ED 00 E1 D5 E8 E8 D9 E6 AD FB BB E6 D9 00 ED E3 E9 00 DC D9 E6 D9 00 DA E3 E6 00 D5 00 D6 D5 E8 E8 E0 D9 AC FB D1 D9 E0 E0 B8 00 DD DA 00 ED E3 E9 00 D5 E6 D9 B8 00 C3 00 DC E3 E4 D9 00 ED E3 E9 FE D6 E6 E3 E9 DB DC E8 00 ED E3 E9 E6 00 BB AE DB D5 E1 D9 B8 00 D6 D9 D7 D5 E9 E7 D9 00 C3 00 EB DD E0 E0 FA E2 E3 E8 00 DB E3 00 D8 E3 EB E2 00 D9 D5 E7 ED AD FB C3 00 DC D5 EA D9 00 D6 D9 D5 E8 D9 E2 00 D5 E0 E0 00 E3 DA 00 E8 DC D9 00 C1 ED E1 E7 00 DD E2 FE E8 DC D9 00 C5 D5 E2 E8 E3 B8 00 C4 E3 DC E8 E3 B8 00 D5 E2 D8 00 CD DD E2 E2 E3 DC FA CC D9 DB DD E3 E2 E7 AD FB C3 00 D5 E1 00 D7 E3 E2 E7 DD D8 D9 E6 D9 D8 00 E8 DC D9 00 B2 E9 E2 E3 DA DA DD D7 DD D5 E0 B2 FE BD DC D5 E1 E4 DD E3 E2 00 DD E2 00 E8 DC D9 00 CD DD E2 E2 E3 DC B8 00 D5 E2 D8 00 C5 D5 E2 E8 E3 FA BF E0 DD E8 D9 00 C0 E3 E9 E6 00 D6 D9 D7 D5 E9 E7 D9 00 C3 00 D6 D9 D5 E8 00 D6 E3 E8 DC FA E4 E6 D9 EA DD E3 E9 E7 00 BD DC D5 E1 E4 DD E3 E2 E7 AD FB CE DC E3 E9 DB DC 00 C3 00 D8 D9 D7 E0 DD E2 D9 00 E8 DC D9 00 E8 DD E8 E0 D9 AD FB BC E3 E8 DC 00 E1 ED 00 DB E6 D5 E2 D8 E4 D5 E6 D9 E2 E8 E7 00 EB D9 E6 D9 00 DD E2 00 E8 DC D9 FE BF E0 DD E8 D9 00 DA E3 E9 E6 00 D5 E7 00 EB D9 E0 E0 36 00 C7 ED 00 C1 E6 D5 E2 D8 E1 D5 00 EB D5 E7 FA BB DB D5 E8 DC D5 B8 00 D5 E2 D8 00 E1 ED 00 C1 E6 D5 E2 D8 DA D5 E8 DC D9 E6 00 EB D5 E7 FA BC E6 E9 E2 E3 AD FB BB E7 00 ED E3 E9 00 D7 D5 E2 00 E7 D9 D9 B8 00 C3 00 DC D5 EA D9 00 E5 E9 DD E8 D9 00 D5 FE E6 D9 E4 E9 E8 D5 E8 DD E3 E2 00 E8 E3 00 DF D9 D9 E4 AD FB BB E6 D9 00 ED E3 E9 00 E6 D9 D5 D8 ED AC FB CE DC D9 E2 00 E0 D9 E8 B4 E7 00 DB E3 AD FF 00 FF C9 DC 00 EB E3 EB AD AD AD FB D3 E3 E9 00 E8 E6 E9 E0 ED 00 D5 E6 D9 00 D5 E2 00 E3 E9 E8 E7 E8 D5 E2 D8 DD E2 DB FE CE E6 D5 DD E2 D9 E6 AD FB AD AD AD C3 00 E7 EB D9 D5 E6 00 ED E3 E9 00 E0 E3 E3 DF 00 DA D5 E1 DD E0 DD D5 E6 AD FB BE E3 00 ED E3 E9 00 E0 DD EA D9 00 D5 E6 E3 E9 E2 D8 00 DC D9 E6 D9 AC FF 00 FF C3 00 E7 E8 DD E0 E0 00 D7 D5 E2 E8 00 E4 E0 D5 D7 D9 00 EB D9 E6 D9 00 C3 00 DC D5 EA D9 00 E7 D9 D9 E2 FE ED E3 E9 00 D6 D9 DA E3 E6 D9 AD AD AD FA C7 D5 ED D6 D9 00 E3 E2 D9 00 D8 D5 ED 00 C3 00 EB DD E0 E0 00 DA DD DB E9 E6 D9 00 DD E8 00 E3 E9 E8 AD FA C9 DC 00 ED D5 B8 00 ED E3 E9 E6 00 D8 D5 D8 00 D7 D5 E0 E0 D9 D8 00 E1 ED 00 CA E3 DF D9 C1 D9 D5 E6 FA D5 00 DA D9 EB 00 DC E3 E9 E6 E7 00 D5 DB E3 00 D5 E7 DF DD E2 DB 00 DD DA 00 ED E3 E9 FA E4 D5 E7 E7 D9 D8 00 E8 DC E6 E3 E9 DB DC 00 DC D9 E6 D9 00 ED D9 E8 AD FA BE E3 E2 E8 00 E0 E3 E3 DF 00 D5 E8 00 E1 D9 00 E0 DD DF D9 00 E8 DC D5 E8 AB 00 C2 D5 DC D5 AD AD FA C3 B4 E1 00 E7 E9 E6 D9 00 DC D9 B4 E7 00 DE E9 E7 E8 00 D5 E2 EC DD E9 E3 E7 00 E8 E3 FA D6 D5 E8 E8 E0 D9 00 ED E3 E9 AD FA AE AE C9 DC AD 00 CE DC D5 E8 00 E0 E3 E3 DF 00 EB D5 E7 00 DA E3 E6 00 E1 ED FA CA E3 DF D9 C1 D9 D5 E6 AC FB C3 E8 B4 E7 00 D5 00 D8 D9 EA DD D7 D9 00 DA E6 E3 E1 00 E8 DC D9 FA C4 E3 DC E8 E3 00 CC D9 DB DD E3 E2 AD 00 C3 E8 E7 00 D5 E0 E3 E8 00 E1 E3 E6 D9 FA D5 D8 EA D5 E2 D7 D9 D8 00 E8 DC D5 E2 00 E8 DC D9 00 CA E3 DF D9 C8 D5 EA AD FB C2 D5 DC D5 AD AD AD 00 C3 B4 E1 FA E7 E3 E6 E6 ED 00 DA E3 E6 00 DB D9 E8 E8 DD E2 DB 00 E3 DA DA 00 E8 E3 E4 DD D7 AD FA C3 00 DC D5 EA D9 E2 B4 E8 00 DA E3 E9 DB DC E8 00 D5 DB D5 DD E2 E7 E8 00 D5 00 E8 E6 D5 DD E2 D9 E6 FA E3 DA 00 ED E3 E9 E6 00 E7 DF DD E0 E0 00 E0 D9 EA D9 E0 00 DA E3 E6 00 D5 00 DA D9 EB FA ED D9 D5 E6 E7 AD 00 C3 B4 E1 00 E7 E9 E6 D9 00 E1 ED 00 CA E3 DF D9 E1 E3 E2 00 D5 E2 D8 00 C3 FA D5 E6 D9 00 E3 E9 E8 00 E3 DA 00 E4 E6 D5 D7 E8 DD D7 D9 00 DA E6 E3 E1 00 D5 E0 E0 00 E8 DC D9 FA D9 D5 E7 ED 00 D6 D5 E8 E8 E0 D9 E7 00 EB D9 00 DC D5 EA D9 00 D6 D9 D9 E2 00 DB D9 E8 E8 DD E2 DB AD FA CD E8 DD E0 E0 AD AD 00 E8 DC D5 E8 E7 00 E2 E3 00 D9 EC D7 E9 E7 D9 AD FF 00 FF CD E3 00 EB DD E8 DC E3 E9 E8 00 DA E9 E6 E8 DC D9 E6 00 D5 D8 DD D9 E9 B8 00 C2 D9 E6 D9 B4 E7 FE E1 ED 00 DA D5 EA E3 E6 DD E8 D9 00 CE C7 AB FF 00 FF FD 01 00 E6 D9 D7 D9 DD EA D9 D8 00 E8 DC D9 FE CE C7 A6 A1 00 C9 D0 BF CC C2 BF BB CE AD FF 00 FF BB 00 CE C7 B8 00 CE D9 D7 DC E2 DD D7 D5 E0 00 C7 D5 D7 DC DD E2 D9 B8 00 D7 E3 E2 E8 D5 DD E2 E7 00 D5 FE E8 D9 D7 DC E2 DD E5 E9 D9 00 DA E3 E6 00 CA C9 C5 1B C7 C9 C8 AD FB CF E7 DD E2 DB 00 D5 00 CE C7 00 E8 D9 D5 D7 DC D9 E7 00 E8 DC D9 00 E1 E3 EA D9 00 DD E8 FE D7 E3 E2 E8 D5 DD E2 E7 00 E8 E3 00 D5 00 CA C9 C5 1B C7 C9 C8 AD FB BB 00 CE C7 00 DD E7 00 DB E3 E3 D8 00 DA E3 E6 00 E3 E2 E0 ED 00 E3 E2 D9 00 E9 E7 D9 AD FB CD E3 B8 00 EB DC D9 E2 00 ED E3 E9 00 E9 E7 D9 00 E3 E2 D9 B8 00 E4 DD D7 DF 00 E8 DC D9 FE CA C9 C5 1B C7 C9 C8 00 D7 D5 E6 D9 DA E9 E0 E0 ED AD FB BB E2 ED EB D5 ED E7 B0 FE CE C7 A6 A1 00 D7 E3 E2 E8 D5 DD E2 E7 00 C9 D0 BF CC C2 BF BB CE AD FB C3 E8 B4 E7 00 D5 00 EA D9 E6 ED 00 E4 E3 EB D9 E6 DA E9 E0 00 E1 E3 EA D9 AD FB CE D9 D5 D7 DC 00 DD E8 00 E8 E3 00 D5 00 C0 C3 CC BF 00 CA C9 C5 1B C7 C9 C8 AB FF 00 FF D3 E3 E9 00 D8 E3 E2 B4 E8 00 DC D5 EA D9 00 E6 E3 E3 E1 00 DA E3 E6 00 E8 DC DD E7 AD FF 00

Tell me if it doesn't work...
Old August 18th, 2012, 10:50 PM
c3pu
Beginning Trainer

i dont think my last post was clear enough so i hope this one is clearer

so what i want to do is in pokemon emerald replace May's green sprite ("ttp://img98.imageshack.us/img98/6176/mayt.png)
by her red ones from ruby
("ttp://img94.imageshack.us/img94/6154/maysprites.png)
i don't know what tool to use cause nse don't seem to work with emerald and i cant seem to find the over world sprite in the ruby rom (tried to extract them like i did with the back sprite from the battle animation) and i cant even open the emerald rom in nse.
also wen i tried to use unlz the sprites are all messed up and i dont know how to get them to show properly.
finally is there a list of location or something somewhere that tells were the player sprite are located(all of those in the picture above i have no idea were to find them(except for back sprite))?

Last edited by c3pu; August 18th, 2012 at 10:58 PM.
Old August 18th, 2012, 11:46 PM
Flannery Lue
Soul Sister

Quote:

Your seriously having problems for me the link works perfectly, just go to the Toolbox section and download XSE from Hackmew's Tool Factory!

I didn't know this was a gym battle script so here's the script like the Gym Battle In FR... XSE Style...
Umm.. lol. I think you misread my post. I am trying to make an "EMERALD" hack, and Diego stated that he does not like emerald, ruby, and sapphire ROM's.
I used the commands from his tutorial, and I think that they are for Fire red, and leaf green. I dont think that they are compatible with emerald, so that is were my problems lay. I need commands for Pokemon Emerald version, if you could help me, I would be very grateful.. I'm sorry for being such a noob.
Old August 19th, 2012, 04:00 AM
LarsR
Beginning Trainer

I want to use custom tiles for my project, but I don't want to use any of the public ones. Do you guys know if there are any good tutorials on making tiles for 3rd generation games? I know there are guides out there on how to insert new tiles, but I haven't found one that teaches you how to make nice looking tiles. Thanks in advance
Old August 19th, 2012, 05:43 AM
redriders180

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3pu View Post
i dont think my last post was clear enough so i hope this one is clearer

so what i want to do is in pokemon emerald replace May's green sprite ("ttp://img98.imageshack.us/img98/6176/mayt.png)
by her red ones from ruby
("ttp://img94.imageshack.us/img94/6154/maysprites.png)
i don't know what tool to use cause nse don't seem to work with emerald and i cant seem to find the over world sprite in the ruby rom (tried to extract them like i did with the back sprite from the battle animation) and i cant even open the emerald rom in nse.
also wen i tried to use unlz the sprites are all messed up and i dont know how to get them to show properly.
finally is there a list of location or something somewhere that tells were the player sprite are located(all of those in the picture above i have no idea were to find them(except for back sprite))?
NSE is completely and utterly compatible with Emerald...if you're having problems opening it, then your ROM is either messed up, your NSE is messed up, or you're doing something wrong.

If all you want to do is change the color from red to green in the OW, a simple palette change will suffice. Ruby and Emerald use the exact same sprites, just different palettes.

For the Males:
Ruby: 0x310F48
Emerald: 04987F8

For the Females:
Ruby: 0x31B7A8
Emerald: 0x4A3078

Simply use APE or a hex editor, and transfer the colors.

Quote:
Umm.. lol. I think you misread my post. I am trying to make an "EMERALD" hack, and Diego stated that he does not like emerald, ruby, and sapphire ROM's.
I used the commands from his tutorial, and I think that they are for Fire red, and leaf green. I dont think that they are compatible with emerald, so that is were my problems lay. I need commands for Pokemon Emerald version, if you could help me, I would be very grateful.. I'm sorry for being such a noob.
Commands are cross-compatible between all three games, except for one or two commands (like "setworldmapflag and signmsg"). If you're having errors, i suggest redownloading XSE, since it sounds like the command database got deleted.

Old August 19th, 2012, 06:56 AM
LugiaMZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjora Marxvile View Post
For the instrument, this can be done in your .s file. In the original song, see what number the instruments you want use in Sappy are (the pink number in Sappy when you click the triangle to expand the information). Then, open your .s file with Notepad, and find .byte VOICE and change the number behind it to the number that you previously looked at and wrote down. Then repeat for all tracks as all tracks have .byte VOICE.

For the looping, you forgot to add towards the end of the song (where the loop should kick in):

.byte GOTO
.word 00C8_1_loop

on each track (replacing 1 with 2 and so on for each track)
Thanks you very much, dude! That's work! You helped me very much!

Now I have two quick question.

I play a hacked rom and hear the town track has a sound like claping sound, I wanted to use it too. But I can't found it, do you know which of the Fire Red Rom voice group having claping voice?

I downloaded Anvil Studio 2012, and I wanted to edit midi track, I installed it, but when I run it, it appeared "Anvil Studio 2012 has stopped working" error. I'm windows 7, how to fix it?

Thanks.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links