The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > The Welcome Lounge

Notices

The Welcome Lounge New here? Stop in to the Welcome Lounge to introduce yourself. The members who hang out here can't wait to give you a warm welcome and help you discover all of the cool things you can do around the community.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 18th, 2012, 09:44 AM
wuzzupdude5
Beginning Trainer

1. What boards are you most interested in? Emulation/ROM Hacking

2. What boards are you most interested in getting to understand? Emulation/ROM Hacking

3. What other boards are you willing to venture in? Game Development, Culture Media, and General/Alternative Pokemon Discussions

4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here?
I'm interested in learning how to ROM hack mostly, but I'd also like to talk to people who love Pokemon like I do.
Old August 18th, 2012, 10:39 PM
Kisspower12
Stupid Hero

Nature: Jolly
I Would like a mentor. Id love to learn all of this stuff.

1. What boards are you most interested in? Challenges! :D
2. What boared are you most interested in getting to understand? The challenges and hacking because my hacks never come out right :/
3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? Sure! whatever i can get my hands on!
4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? I would like to make new friends and enjoy the forums.
What makes a true hero? A true hero is one that fights for what they belive in. They follow their heart into either the heavens or the abyss, and when they die they have to finally understand their flaws for death is every heros welcome.

Last edited by Kisspower12; August 18th, 2012 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Forgot to type something.
Old August 19th, 2012, 01:58 AM
LiquoriceBeef
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Quirky
Is DrFuji my mentor now??
Old August 19th, 2012, 06:55 AM
M2192
✝Jaah✝

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to M2192
I forget about this site completely. I want a mentor c:

1. What boards are you most interested in? Pokemon TCG
2. What boared are you most interested in getting to understand? Art Gallery
3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? Please c:
4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? Make some friends and not be immature this time c:
Old August 19th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Toomsey
Unhatched Egg

1. What boards are you most interested in? Hacking and Emulation!
2. What board are you most interested in getting to understand? same as above!
3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? yeahh :3
4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? Gain knowledge of hacking and maybe one day make my very own hack, or help someone make one!

so can i please have a mentorr?
Old August 19th, 2012, 09:57 AM
p0kem0n789
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Meganium9 View Post
There's a bit of a problem with your request there. The Creative Discussions mentor, Abnegation, is currently not available. Your second choices, however, Art Gallery and Off-Topic, have mentors available. There's Cirno for Art Gallery, as well as Razor Leaf, Shining Raichu, and Livewire for Off-Topic.

For you two, we still have DrFuji and SwiftSign for Emulation. But I would like to remind you two that they are there to guide you around the section, not to answer questions or help you out with your hack. I cannot direct you to a mentor if you need that kind of help. There are sticky threads for those.
thank you Meganium90 ummm what about for Game Development who would i go to for that ?
Old August 19th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Minerva
take that money, watch it burn

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Minerva
OKAY GUYS, instead of multi-quoting each and everyone of you, I'm gonna summarize. I've been too busy this weekend and so have the majority of the mentors, so there's no need to keep posting/PMing me. ;)

For those of you interested in Emulation/ROM Hacking: Have you read this announcement? If you basically need someone to guide you around the Emulation section, you can request a mentor here. If you need help on a specific area of ROM Hacking like scripting, mapping or have simple questions, I will not direct you to a mentor. Basically, on some requests, I'm requiring an explanation as to why you chose ROM Hacking.

For those of you interested in Roleplay: I, as well as PkMnTrainer Yellow and Miss Doronjo can take you in. I'll be changing my status in just a bit to indicate my availability so I'll be able to take in at least two roleplayers.

For those of you interested in Challenges: Sydian is currently not available for mentoring at this time. She'll be back sometime this week so if you can wait a couple more days, I will let you know. If you have another interest besides challenges, you can post here or PM me.

For those of you interested in Game Development: Abnegation is available once again and can take in mentees. If any of you are interested in learning the Game Development section, post here or PM me so I can go ahead and direct you to him.

For those of you interested in any other sections other than the ones I just mentioned: If I missed the sections you're interested in, PM me your request and I'll direct you with a mentor as soon as I can.

Also, question #3 has changed...so I don't know why members are still answering the old one. :| I'll post the format again here so future mentees can sign up with the new format.

Spoiler:

HTML Code:
[B]1. What boards are you most interested in? [/B]
[B]2. What boards are you most interested in getting to understand?[/B]
[B]3. What [I]other[/I] boards are you willing to venture in?[/B]
[B]4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here?[/B]

ANYWAYS, I....hope I got everything summarized. Questions? You can always PM me as my inbox is opennnn :D
Old August 19th, 2012, 09:49 PM
wuzzupdude5
Beginning Trainer

I am looking for someone to show me around the forums and help figure out what's what in the Emulation section. If I need help with my hack I'll most likely post about it, but first I'd like to learn my way around the forums and such and find ways to get myself out there. That's what I'm looking for a mentor for.
Old August 20th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Kyoune
Beginning Trainer

This looks fun ~

1. What boards are you most interested in? Sprite art! *___*
2. What boared are you most interested in getting to understand? Art Gallery and beyonnnnnd!
3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? M-maybe..? I'm not good with people. D:
4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? I would like to be the best. The best there ever was. u___u And I think that catching them is my real test. So I guess learning how to train them would be my cause. I guess I'll end up traveling across the forum, looking far and wide. So many posts to understand and the power of characters.

Believe in you that believes in yourself.
Old August 20th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Minerva

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuzzupdude5 View Post
I am looking for someone to show me around the forums and help figure out what's what in the Emulation section. If I need help with my hack I'll most likely post about it, but first I'd like to learn my way around the forums and such and find ways to get myself out there. That's what I'm looking for a mentor for. :)
Okay! I'm actually glad you're quite enthusiastic. I'll squeeze you in with DrFuji since Swifty is still unavailable at this time. You'll get somewhat a response later on. have fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoune View Post
This looks fun ~

1. What boards are you most interested in? Sprite art! *___*
2. What boared are you most interested in getting to understand? Art Gallery and beyonnnnnd!
3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? M-maybe..? I'm not good with people. D:
4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? I would like to be the best. The best there ever was. u___u And I think that catching them is my real test. So I guess learning how to train them would be my cause. I guess I'll end up traveling across the forum, looking far and wide. So many posts to understand and the power of characters.
Question #3 has changed in case you didn't read my above announcement :P

3. What other boards are you willing to venture in?

But anyways! I love your Pokemon reference in #4 xD Both Abnegation and Cirno are currently available for Art Gallery. Abnegation can take you around the whole Creative Discussions boards, while Cirno strictly focuses on the Art Gallery, which does include Pixel Art, your main interest. Since that's what you're mainly interested in, then Cirno might be a good match. ;)
Old August 20th, 2012, 02:29 PM
wuzzupdude5
Beginning Trainer

Awesome! Thank you so much. I really am excited about this. I want to learn a lot so maybe one day I can help others too.

Last edited by wuzzupdude5; August 20th, 2012 at 06:32 PM.
Old August 20th, 2012, 08:06 PM
TheLeetCasualGamer
Hi, I'm strange :3

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TheLeetCasualGamer Send a message via Skype™ to TheLeetCasualGamer
1. What boards are you most interested in? Gaming>Black and White The General Pokemon Gaming Discussions and the art gallery
2. What boards are you most interested in getting to understand?
The art gallery. I want to know how I can get a bit more proper feedback for the artwork I like to do
Any really, I'm kind of a do whatever comes to my mind person
Make friends, share my interests in Pokemon, discuss the games and possibly some of the Best Wishes anime. Share my hobbies that relate to Pokemon.

Video game related top tens anyone?
Old August 20th, 2012, 08:42 PM
Minerva

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeetCasualGamer View Post
1. What boards are you most interested in? Gaming>Black and White The General Pokemon Gaming Discussions and the art gallery
2. What boards are you most interested in getting to understand?
The art gallery. I want to know how I can get a bit more proper feedback for the artwork I like to do
Any really, I'm kind of a do whatever comes to my mind person
Make friends, share my interests in Pokemon, discuss the games and possibly some of the Best Wishes anime. Share my hobbies that relate to Pokemon.
I'd so totally recommend you either Cirno or Abnegation since you're mainly interested in the Art Gallery sections. If you're interested in starting a gallery, as well as need help in getting feedback and improvements, these two can do so. :D Go check out their bios if you want (located on the 2nd post), and you can let me know which mentor is perfect for you. :D
Old August 21st, 2012, 09:26 AM
TheLeetCasualGamer
Hi, I'm strange :3

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TheLeetCasualGamer Send a message via Skype™ to TheLeetCasualGamer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meganium90 View Post
I'd so totally recommend you either Cirno or Abnegation since you're mainly interested in the Art Gallery sections. If you're interested in starting a gallery, as well as need help in getting feedback and improvements, these two can do so. :D Go check out their bios if you want (located on the 2nd post), and you can let me know which mentor is perfect for you. :D
I've already kind of met Cirno. She seems like a nice woman and I'd love to have her guide me through that. Just tell me what to do.

Video game related top tens anyone?
Old August 21st, 2012, 09:38 AM
Minerva

I can give her a heads up that you're interested in being her mentee. She'll be more than happy to take you in. :D
Old August 21st, 2012, 01:39 PM
Kyoune
Beginning Trainer

Oooh. I'm kinda interested in Abnegation but he seems kinda busy. D:

And I don't want to poke/pester/prod/annoy him. :c

Believe in you that believes in yourself.
Old August 21st, 2012, 02:21 PM
pat20cool
Psyduck

1) What boards are you most interested in? Role-Play, Art Boards, Games

2) What boards are you most interested in getting to understand? Role-Play

3) What other boards are you willing to venture in? Arts

4) Are there any specific things you're looking to do while you're here? Have fun. Make friends, write a good story with lots of interesting characters as I want to become an Animator so making these scenarios will be helpful to me.
Old August 21st, 2012, 04:26 PM
Minerva

Quote:
Originally Posted by St33lDr4g0n View Post
1) What boards are you most interested in?
Emulation/Gaming/ROM Hacking

2) What boards are you most interested in getting to understand?
Emulation/ROM Hacking

3) What other boards are you willing to venture in?
Any Board

4) Are there any specific things you're looking to do while you're here?
Getting to learn about ROM Hacking/Getting help with miscellaneous gaming problems ard(e.x. walkthroughs, Pokemon Information etc.)
People to talk to when I have nothing to do
You're gonna have to explain to me why you'd like an Emulation mentor. Be sure you have read this announcement as well as checked out the stickies before jumping in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoune View Post
Oooh. I'm kinda interested in Abnegation but he seems kinda busy. D:

And I don't want to poke/pester/prod/annoy him. :c
Abnegation is currently available, actually. He just went available yesterday, so there's no need to be worried about or anything. I'll go ahead and direct you to him, and later on you'll get a response from him. You probably got that from the mentor list. That is my bad, I haven't updated it. Whoops. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat20cool View Post
1) What boards are you most interested in? Role-Play, Art Boards, Games

2) What boards are you most interested in getting to understand? Role-Play

3) What other boards are you willing to venture in? Arts

4) Are there any specific things you're looking to do while you're here? Have fun. Make friends, write a good story with lots of interesting characters as I want to become an Animator so making these scenarios will be helpful to me.
Goody! A roleplayer, I'm a biy busy to take you in at this time, but I can defo direct you to either Miss Doronjo or PkMnTrainer Yellow, as they are both roleplay mentors. Is that alright?
Old August 21st, 2012, 07:41 PM
St33lDr4g0n
No! Not the Fairy-type!

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Yahoo to St33lDr4g0n
(Updated form)

1) What boards are you most interested in?
Gaming/ROM Hacking

2) What boards are you most interested in getting to understand?
ROM Hacking(Everything from mapping to scripting)

3) What other boards are you willing to venture in?
Any Board

4) Are there any specific things you're looking to do while you're here?
Getting to learn about ROM Hacking/Getting help with miscellaneous gaming problems(e.x. walkthroughs, Pokemon Information etc.)
People to talk to when I have nothing to do
Old August 22nd, 2012, 12:32 AM
pat20cool
Psyduck

Quote:
Goody! A roleplayer, I'm a biy busy to take you in at this time, but I can defo direct you to either Miss Doronjo or PkMnTrainer Yellow, as they are both roleplay mentors. Is that alright?
Yeah that's perfect! But how would I go around talking to them to mentor me?
Old August 22nd, 2012, 02:40 PM
Koiko
Swagger

Nature: Bold
1. What boards are you most interested in? Roleplay
2. What boards are you most interested in getting to understand? Roleplay
3. What other boards are you willing to venture in? None
4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? Roleplay
Old August 22nd, 2012, 03:52 PM
PokemonTrainerBlaze
Poke Trainer Blaze

1. What boards are you most interested in? ROM Hacking
2. What boards are you most interested in getting to understand? Rom hacking. .-.
3. What other boards are you willing to venture in? RR, Ot.
4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? Make a good and successful rom hack.
Old August 23rd, 2012, 12:22 AM
scarlettnuman
Beginning Trainer

Send a message via Skype™ to scarlettnuman
I am mostly interested in the rom hacking boards.

I am in need of learning battle techniques

I am willing to venture into writing and roleplaying

I am looking to build a team for a rom created entirely out of fakemon I have seen that theere was a dead thread about it and I hope to revive the idea.
Old August 23rd, 2012, 05:06 AM
Midnyte
Pokerus Failure, Newish PCer

Nature: Quirky
1. What boards are you most interested in? Pokemon in general
2. What boards are you most interested in getting to understand? Competitive Battling
3. What other boards are you willing to venture in? Pokemon Anime/Manga, Challenges
4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? Not really :3

Old August 23rd, 2012, 04:38 PM
Thunder_Chad

1. What boards are you most interested in? I am most interested in graphics, black 2 white 2 discussion, and possibly competitive battling later down the road. This is because all black and white games are my favorites and I really enjoy the fifth generation and lately I've been looking into playing it competitively.
2. What boards are you most interested in getting to understand? I am most interested in getting to understand the competitive boards as I have been very interested in the different aspects of competitive battling lately.
3. What other boards are you willing to venture in? I am willing to venture into the roleplaying boards as well as the rom hacking boards as I am also interested in seeing the aspects of these boards.
4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? I would like to try and broaden my horizons of all of the pokemon games.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links