The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Culture & Media

Notices

Culture & Media This is where all of pop culture culminates and chats over a cup of joe. Here you can find discussions relating to the latest and greatest television shows, movies, music and literature, and much more!

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 28th, 2012, 11:29 PM
Went
wonderful frog seed

Send a message via Skype™ to Went

Advertise here
And Hypermany go down again. I expected them to make it to the final and then lose, but they didn't even do that. At this rate, they are going to be a good example of underachievers- they have won a fair share of titles, but they have failed in semis and finals more often than they have won.

Yesterday, Italy was incredibly dominant and the Germans couldn't do anything other than for a sitter Pirlo kicked away from inside the goal at the beggining, and for that penalty at the end. During the rest of the match, Italy scored 2 but it could have been 5 easily.

So, in the end, we go back to the inaugural Group C match. To finish what we started three weeks ago.
Old June 29th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Nuke

Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Everything just fell apart for Germany in this match after being so promising previously, I think Loew just tried too hard to keep his players fresh and rotate them then perfect his selection when he could've kept his first XI the same like every other nation.

Pearce has further incurred the wrath of some people anyway, now no Northern Irish or Scottish players have been selected for the Olympic squad.

X + Y - 4914-3466-1264
Old July 1st, 2012, 01:09 PM
mondays suck
:)

... and Spain won again. How astonishing. And still almost 2 months left until Bundesliga will start again... :(
Old July 1st, 2012, 02:12 PM
Weeaboo Name
Armed Bastard
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Know that feel.

Bt meh, well done Spain, again.
Old July 1st, 2012, 06:50 PM
Nuke

Community Supporter

It was an excellent display by Spain, I actually enjoyed watching them play for once. I really hope the world cup manages to be more competitive though.

The death of the striker role continues anyway.

X + Y - 4914-3466-1264
Old July 1st, 2012, 10:32 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to bobandbill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobandbill
That was quite a solid performance from Spain. Italy were unlucky, and did play well, but Spain played the best I've seen a team play for a while.

Sheep in the Big City: General Specific
The BBS Forums!
Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!
Home of Wynaut? Webzine; looking for contributors!
Old July 2nd, 2012, 03:13 AM
Went
wonderful frog seed

And that's what happens when a team tries to play us instead of shoving 9 people in the box to deflect balls and hope for a counter: the match is much more fluid and entertaining... and that team gets squashed, since we play that game better than anybody else. I wanted to play Germany since I knew they'd try to play, but luckily Italy didn't pull of a Chelsea unlike... everybody else in the tournament until now, and we could play for once.

They had two really good chances, but Casillas was superb and our midfielders proved that you don't need a gigantic tower up there to score (although Torres did score as soon as he got in). The match got completely broken when Prandelli admitted to having chosen the wrong strategy and starting XI and started using his subs like water- and Motta was the cherry on top (did he warm up properly?).

Also I need to sleep XD

Last edited by Went; July 2nd, 2012 at 01:38 PM.
Old July 25th, 2012, 06:04 PM
zaeemgoku
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to zaeemgoku Send a message via Yahoo to zaeemgoku
Real Madrid
Portugal
plus Portugal would have been in the final cause they did not get a penalty in the first half which they deserved (in the Euro cup).

Last edited by zaeemgoku; July 25th, 2012 at 06:10 PM.
Old July 28th, 2012, 05:22 AM
Weeaboo Name
Armed Bastard
Community Supporter

RIP to the career of one of my favourite modern day footballers, the New York Red Bulls have signed Tim Cahill for a million quid.
Old August 13th, 2012, 12:08 AM
Libra
I ain't insane, the world is just too serious...
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
And now the Dutch Eredivisie has started last Friday and there were suprises:

RKC Waalwijk 3-2 PSV... PSV, which had invested a lot as usual lost to RKC, a club who is fighting for place 17-12... PSV was terrible so i dont think they will be 1st this season

FC Twente 4-1 FC Groningen... a other club which wants to be 1st, FC Twente did again good investments in players (Tadic, Castangios) and the result is this victory... Where PSV bought Narsingh, Twente bought Tadic. Difference atm Narsingh 0 goals, 0 assists, Tadic 2 goals, 2 assists...

AZ 2-2 Ajax... other candidates made a draw in this match... Ajax with a real poor defence, after Vertonghen left and AZ without Elm, their enigine of the team... both did well...

Signature is under further construction.
Old August 13th, 2012, 01:39 AM
Weeaboo Name
Armed Bastard
Community Supporter

Can't say I've followed the Dutch league much in recent years but I was impressed with Ajax (looked like a b team) when they played us the other week. They really outplayed us.

Even though he's a bit of an idiot it's good to see an English manager in Steve McClaren doing well abroad.

The week before the first Premier League round is going to feel like an eternity. Not even sure why I'm excited, we never do well away at Fulham.
Old August 14th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Lorans
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Impish
I heard a number of La Liga teams have filed complaints concerning an unfairness of TV distribution money and whatnot. Did that blow over or is the strike still perpetuating? I guess this would mean a significant delay in fixture scheduling.
Old August 14th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Nuke

Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorans View Post
I heard a number of La Liga teams have filed complaints concerning an unfairness of TV distribution money and whatnot. Did that blow over or is the strike still perpetuating? I guess this would mean a significant delay in fixture scheduling.
Spain had this problem last year, so it would not surprise me. I completely understand their point of view though, there's hardly any point to the league as it goes.

Boro got a win in the Capital One Cup, but we all know the real season starts in three days. I just can't wait for the first match at the Riverside.

X + Y - 4914-3466-1264
Old August 14th, 2012, 11:48 PM
Went
wonderful frog seed

Oh, the LFP, the organization controlling La Liga, made a charade meeting in which the teams were told to shut up. They also invited the 22 Segunda teams to counter the 13 Primera teams who were against the current TV money split, which is something like 50% for Madrid and Barcelona, 30% to split between the remaining 18 Primera teams and 20% for the 22 Segundas. The epitome of fairness.

In short, as in every summer, nothing has been solved but we'll have football this weekend. But last year the rebel group consisted of 8 teams, this year there are 13 in it. Maybe next year we can get all the 18 teams to join and put up a decent defence.

There is also another problem- time slots. Matches at 11 PM? Atlético playing on Monday when we have the Euro Supercup match a couple of days later? Who the hell designed this thing? It's like the TV channels hate the teams or something.
Old August 15th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Nuke

Community Supporter

To be fair to the people who re-arranged the fixture, I don't think many people consider the Super Cup to be too important, it does seem like an odd decision though.

Anyway, I imagine this will be the major transfer story of the summer so let's make a big deal of it all. Man Utd agree a deal for Van Persie.

BBC have their annual club-by-club guide for each league if anyone is interested too.

- Premier League
- Championship
- L1
- L2

You might want to read the Championship one to have a clue what I'm on about all season.

X + Y - 4914-3466-1264
Old August 15th, 2012, 11:21 AM
shenanigans
boom boom boom

Robin Van Persie. Discuss.

Old August 17th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Weeaboo Name
Armed Bastard
Community Supporter

Once the partnership forms with Rooney Manure are going to be lethal. Normally I'd hate it but it's potentially some amazing entertainment and Man City beating here.

As for my side we've just signed Garrido on a season long loan, him and Snoddy should greatly increase the quality of service for our front line.
Old August 17th, 2012, 10:56 AM
shenanigans
boom boom boom

Yeah, I was worried at first but I'd say that, if it gives Man U any chance of knocking City off their pedestal, then I'm all for it. Call me stupid but I'm still pretty bitter about them winning the PL last season so... even if it does involve RVP, a player I really don't like (although in fairness he does work hard), I think I'm ok with it.

Assuming, that is, that he has a similar season to his last. He's getting on a bit now and hasn't shown very much consistency between seasons at all so... I'm doubtful. Especially with that horrible £22m price tag.

Old August 18th, 2012, 05:15 AM
Weeaboo Name
Armed Bastard
Community Supporter

Under an hour till kick off.

Watching our feeder team beat Wolves right now, wouldn't mind taking that Ross McCormack lad next.

Edit - Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

Last edited by Weeaboo Name; August 18th, 2012 at 08:03 AM.
Old August 19th, 2012, 01:50 PM
Lorans
Beginning Trainer

My god, Soton were a real scare. City weren't looking impressive.
Old August 19th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Nuke

Community Supporter

Ahh the almighty Samir Nasri saved the day for them though.

It was a bad start for my lovely Boro, losing against one of the worst sides in the division.

A great first weekend for the Premier League with some nice surprises, especially Swansea's complete demolition of QPR.

X + Y - 4914-3466-1264
Old August 19th, 2012, 11:56 PM
Went
wonderful frog seed

Well, yesterday was the day worth watching in La Liga. Specially the ridiculous Athletic Bilbao 3 - 5 Betis. 5 goals in 30 minutes! Meanwhile, Madrid started losing 2 points to Barcelona in an 1-1 draw against Valencia (moment of the match: Jonas scores a goal in a corner kick while Pepe takes Casillas down in a tackle- they ended up requiring medical assistence while the Valencia players celebrated, and Pepe spent the night in the hospital). Barcelona massacred Real Sociedad 5-1, with 2 goals from Messi in 15 minutes and one from Villa, 9 months after breaking his leg.

Next Thursday: Barça - Madrid. The 'fun' beings already.
Old August 20th, 2012, 06:13 AM
Lorans
Beginning Trainer

I felt real bad for Pepe and Casillas. That was a bad collision. I heard Pepe might miss the first leg of the Super Cup.
Old August 20th, 2012, 07:13 AM
Went
wonderful frog seed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorans View Post
I felt real bad for Pepe and Casillas. That was a bad collision. I heard Pepe might miss the first leg of the Super Cup.
Well, there is a 99% chance, he's still in the hospital. The reports say he's not in any serious danger but the doctors want him to rest for a bit longer to avoid the concussion getting worse and knowing his style of play, 90 minutes of football would do exactly the contrary.

Madrid's defence in Barcelona will be a bit odd as a result, but Ronaldo's shape (or lack of, rather) should be a bit more worrying for them.
Old August 20th, 2012, 11:27 AM
pleb
Booted out - don't be like me!

Straight back to watching football for me. It would've been awesome to se Southampton beat Manchester City.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here