The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 3rd, 2012 (05:11 PM).
papacitoloko111789
Beginning Trainer

I was leveling up my Umbreon and Espeon using a "Fight Professor Oak in Misty's Gym" code. Prof Oak turns out to be the Pallet Patrol Guy in Giovanni's Gym. Anyways, this time around, I used rare candies on both my Umbreon and Espeon to level them up, only Umbreon still learned Nothing, but Espeon learned Conversion instead of Struggle this time around. Check your inbox for a link (miksy91 and Heart's Soul) to the video I made since I can't post URL's to other sites until I have 15+ posts.
Old July 3rd, 2012 (05:26 PM).
Heart's Soul
Hey, look, I was gone.

I'm just going to repeat what I said before- get a new ROM and repatch the game. Don't use your old save. That's all I can really say.

Also, Gameshark is only meant to **** with your game. Nothing else.
Old July 3rd, 2012 (06:49 PM).
papacitoloko111789
Beginning Trainer

cool. i'll try to find a new rom, the ones i had used before this one gave me weird results (like high lvl trainers at merson cave lol).
Old July 4th, 2012 (03:41 AM).
Dimebag

Nature: Gentle
I don't know if anyone has posted this but is there any ANDROID gb/gbc emulator that can play it in color or something because every emulator i tried ( game boy color A.D. ,GBCoid) played the gen1 ( red hacks) with a brownish/sepia color pallet
Old July 9th, 2012 (03:13 PM).
christianrob90
Beginning Trainer

An interesting find. Umbreon can learn Nothing at around LV 42. It has no PP and is a Normal move.

Also, if you want the Pokedex to show that you own a Pokemon you get in a trade, after trading the Pokemon, use the gameshark code 010067D3 to fly out of link room, then go to a PC and switch boxes to save (since your menu will still say RESET instead of SAVE). Then reset and the Pokedex will keep the record that you own the traded Pokemon.
Old July 10th, 2012 (04:03 AM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianrob90 View Post
An interesting find. Umbreon can learn Nothing at around LV 42. It has no PP and is a Normal move.
Be careful. Nothing is NOT something you should use. It's attack with 0x0 hex number which is something like Missingno.
You shouldn't use it or learn it.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old July 14th, 2012 (05:53 AM).
flareonmaster
:)

I dont know if this is an oversight or not but you can find wild primeapes but no wild mankeys o.0 also really love this game. Probably better than even the original pokemon red game
Old July 17th, 2012 (11:34 PM).
emilin_rose
Togepi

Send a message via Yahoo to emilin_rose
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superkid11 View Post
I'm really liking this hack so far. The region is awesome, and the whole thing is just this odd combination of nostalgic and new.

My only problem is something that's been noted already, white lines going through the sprites. This doesn't happen in VBA, but I don't get that good performance from it. (I use VBA-M for GBA games, but it has terrible GB support.) I've tried KiGB, Gambatte, no$gmb, and bgb(which incidentally works perfectly in wine), and they all have that issue. What could VBA be doing differently...?

But everything's working fine other than that. Great hack! I'm glad I checked this out.
I downloaded VBA-M, and i am getting the white lines, no matter how many different red roms i try. Does anyone know how to fix this yet?
Old July 18th, 2012 (04:04 AM).
garjora
Ambassador of the Cosmos

Nature: Lonely
Hmm strange, no matter what, this game just plain refuses to patch onto a clean Pokemon Red (U) ROM.

After patching I open the game and it's still Pokemon Red and not Pokemon Brown.

Any advice on how to fix or overcome this error?

"Living in a Distorted World"

Old July 18th, 2012 (05:48 AM).
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by garjora View Post
Hmm strange, no matter what, this game just plain refuses to patch onto a clean Pokemon Red (U) ROM.

After patching I open the game and it's still Pokemon Red and not Pokemon Brown.

Any advice on how to fix or overcome this error?
Did you start playing it and find that, or did you only observe the title screen? I'm sure there are many hacks with the old title screen in the game itself.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old July 22nd, 2012 (02:21 AM).
cardboardbox
Roaming Johto

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
Did you start playing it and find that, or did you only observe the title screen? I'm sure there are many hacks with the old title screen in the game itself.

Cyclone
Brown definitely has a new title screen. In fact it has new opening credits replacing Game Freak so you should be able to tell instantly.
Old July 29th, 2012 (05:07 AM). Edited July 29th, 2012 by bradzx.
bradzx

Man, everytime I found rom and patch it. I load the rom and graphic got glitch. *sighs* I keep looking that this thread said and readme. No dice for those rom. oh well. Guess I am struck with it. I do really want play this hack but none of rom I can find. And I am not asking for rom. I just saying inform about rom that wont work that I found everytime.
Old July 30th, 2012 (01:31 PM).
gagep931
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaps View Post
Question:

Is there a TM for Psychic? If so can someone tell me what number and a hint as to where it is?

Found it! Looking for TM earthquake.
The girl on top of the mart gives it to you for a green orb
Old August 5th, 2012 (04:21 AM).
the reason
Beginning Trainer

it would be better if pokemon who evolve from trades would just evolve by leveling!
also can anyone tell me what the star of david patch is for???and if i download the ips file now do i still have to patch it with the star of david patch???
Old August 12th, 2012 (07:46 AM).
stbplayer1P
Pokehacker

Nature: Docile
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilin_rose View Post
I downloaded VBA-M, and i am getting the white lines, no matter how many different red roms i try. Does anyone know how to fix this yet?
Unfortunately there is no fix VBA-m always has this problem with the sprites in brown. I think that it might be related to the way they are made to fit in the rom. Also strangely if you put Brown of a flashcard the same problem happens, witch makes me wonder if it is because VBA-M is a more accurate emulation the normal VBA?
Old August 18th, 2012 (03:10 PM).
Rockman_L_Ryuzaki
Beginning Trainer

I have Ps2 and i cant play on infogb it freeze in a battle (sorry for my bad english)
Old August 18th, 2012 (04:58 PM).
bradzx

Let you know, there is no clean Pokemon Red (U) rom. Only I see mostly is Pokemon Red (U) [S] [!]. I guess this owner of hack seem gave huge mistake about clean Pokemon Red (U) rom. If it have, then it show up on google. But none of them. I think clean Pokemon Red (U) is gone forever.
Old August 18th, 2012 (11:47 PM).
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by stbplayer1P View Post
Unfortunately there is no fix VBA-m always has this problem with the sprites in brown. I think that it might be related to the way they are made to fit in the rom. Also strangely if you put Brown of a flashcard the same problem happens, witch makes me wonder if it is because VBA-M is a more accurate emulation the normal VBA?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawakita View Post
It's a known problem. It's due to the fact that the hackers, that made Brown, re-programmed the sprite-loading routine, however, they probably didn't take into account one thing: VRAM (i.e. the gbc hardware area where graphics are loaded) is not accessible all the time (it has a cycle: inaccessible for 59 milliseconds, then accessible for 1.1 millisecond, then again inaccessible for 59 milliseconds, and so on).

So they probably only tested their new code on VBA, which is well known for not emulating the real GB's VRAM inaccessibility, so if you play it on an actual gbc it will show the flaw. If you try to play Brown on BGB, it has a checkbox option where you can choose wheter emulate the VRAM inaccessibility or not. The two results would be the following:

[VRAM inaccessible]

[VRAM accessible]

Also, creators of Brown don't seem to care about correcting this issue so you just have to play it with that problem (if you're using a real GB) or play it on an emulator that doesn't care for VRAM accessibility.
As Sawakita wrote, VBA doesn't emulate the real GB's VRAM inaccessibility and that's why the sprites in it seem to look correct although they're not. VBA-M is more accurate which leads to "errors" just like playing the game on a GameBoy does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradzx View Post
Let you know, there is no clean Pokemon Red (U) rom. Only I see mostly is Pokemon Red (U) [S] [!]. I guess this owner of hack seem gave huge mistake about clean Pokemon Red (U) rom. If it have, then it show up on google. But none of them. I think clean Pokemon Red (U) is gone forever.
Or maybe you don't know what you're talking about. Pokemon Red (U) [S] [!] is clearly the rom you're looking for to do the patching.

Hacks I support

Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
Old August 19th, 2012 (10:45 AM). Edited August 19th, 2012 by bradzx.
bradzx

O.O I spoke too soon. Well guess I have to follow Sawakita that show picture for vram thing.

Edit 1 - Sorry to bust your bubble, but I try. Still see white line on pokemon. I think this owner of Brown need improve with this problem.

Edit 2 - I am going test each emulator for better graphic.
Old August 19th, 2012 (01:14 PM). Edited August 22nd, 2012 by Coolboyman.
Coolboyman
Veteran Hacker

Nature: Bold
I actually do have a fix for this issue (that I forgot about until now), I just kept putting off uploading it for some reason. (Tested on more accurate emulators and a real gameboy). My apologizes.

I'll attach a fix sometime this week (after I do a little more testing). Maybe on Friday.

Brown:

Prism : - Four Gym Summer 2010 Beta available now!

Twitter
Old August 20th, 2012 (07:23 AM).
bradzx

Sadly none of emulator will work this graphic problem.
Old August 20th, 2012 (07:51 AM).
Coolboyman
Veteran Hacker

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Sadly none of emulator will work this graphic problem.
Can you just read the post above you?

Brown:

Prism : - Four Gym Summer 2010 Beta available now!

Twitter
Old August 20th, 2012 (03:58 PM).
bradzx

Yes I know. But I saw some people on youtube graphic is work on emulator but Idk what kind they use for.
Old August 20th, 2012 (04:30 PM).
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Yes I know. But I saw some people on youtube graphic is work on emulator but Idk what kind they use for.
I think he is saying let him get the new version uploaded. Until he can do that and you try that, you've got what you've got. Hopefully the new version fixes it.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old August 26th, 2012 (11:21 AM).
bradzx

HOLD IT! I found one emulator I test and perfectly work. You need use VBA 1.7.2 version.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links