The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.


Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old August 17th, 2012, 07:12 AM
Saving Raven's Avatar
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: everywhere
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
Welcome to the Pokémon Litharreon thread!
Pokémon Litharreon
Game information
Saving Raven
Author
Me...
Team
More Info
Progressing!
Status
Beta
Release
Hello! I am Saving Raven (you can call me JB), and this is my game-in-development!

I've played Pokémon games for as long as I can remember and I just had to make my own!
This is a game of my own brilliant design! There may be some confusion, but this is the Original Pokémon X!

However, the Pokémon franchise decided to piss me off and choose to make Gen-6 "Pokemon X and Y" As a result, I needed to change the name.
And thus, Pokémon Litharreon was born!

Plot summary


You explore a world back in the year of 1956 in a region known as Lithos. Lithos was founded by a great man who left the only known Region at that time when he was at the age of 17. The expedition was lead by this man and 50 other people; him, his 5 closest friends, close allies who would aide in the construction of a new region, and dozens of dedicated followers. Within months they found Lithos in the year 1921. By 1951 the region had been populated and explored to an extent, but there were many areas still unexplored; however there was a Pokémon Gym Challenge placed upon trainers of the region who thought they were strong enough to take down all 16 of the region’s strongest trainers. . .5 years later, they break up into 5 gyms across the region, each with 3 leaders to defeat, and taking the real challenge to reach the great Battle City.

In this year, 1956, the story unfolds…

You, the Hero, have died…spoiler. However, a unknown Organization has found the way, with the manipulation of Aura, to alter the world around them. However, with such power, what would they be planning? where would the limit of their evil be set? Why would they spare you? can anyone stop them?

One summer in 1956, you awake after a strange dream and start your very own journey after receiving a very unique Pokémon from the local Professor, and unbeknownst to you, you embark on a journey to answer such questions and learn about your dark past, and even darker future.

Following this tangential narrative, one summer in 1956, you awake to set off on a journey, but your mother tells you that your childhood friend Amanda came by earlier looking for you while you were asleep - it must have been important since she called you last night as well. You reach her house and eventually find a mysterious Pokémon...

Throughout your travels, you will explore a relatively new frontier, meet many strange new people, some of whom will become close friends, others...not so much. In addition, you'll encounter a deadly bounty hunter, a strange Detective, a humorous group of Haters; and unravel events of the past, and even the plans of a powerful organization.

Your goal is to travel through the land, scouring for leads on the whereabouts of your dear friend. Along the way you will face many trainers, unravel a deep -plot twisting - lie, tear down an evil crime syndicate, build one up, travel through time, deal with the psychological and emotional realms of the human soul, find a love interest, and face the tragic reality of death and of reality itself.




Characters



Edward Wilheim
Age: 17
The hero, sarcastic, smart-mouth. He is playful, sassy, and clever, as well as mischievous. He leaves home to start his adventure into the unknown world, trying to become a Pokémon trainer, and hopes to one day reach Battle City. However, little does he know, he will be enthralled into one of the most controversial, and craziest scandals in the whole region of Lithos! (the hero can dress as a woman, to cater to female fans)


Samuel Oak
Age: 19
He is the teen who became the greatest Pokemon Professor. You challenge him various times throughout the game, become his rival, and team up in various events. He has notable qualities of Gary, but he admires power and respects those better than he is, however, refusing to admit that the player surpasses him. He always tries to improve, and is very easy-going and laid back. He has a notable relationship with Agatha, as well as the alluded to group he was a part of, will you learn of it via game events? Who can say.


Selena Blankenship
Age: 17
She is a delightful love interest of the player, and is quite the charmer. She is not only one of the player's most prominent rivals, she is also part of a gang with Agatha. Agatha's gang appears to fight for justice, but her abrasive nature leads the player to think she is bad news.


Agatha Malevich
Age: 19
Egotistical, prideful, powerful, and short tempered. She is very impatient and bares resentment towards the player for "stealing" her love interest away from her by being rivals with Sam. The player is unaware of this until it is mentioned to him, due to her tendency of thinking and acting without explaining (she will think of something, and then think one way, and expect others to have followed her thought process).


Professor Maple
Age: 46
She is the renowned professor who came from the faraway region with JB as a researcher to aide the founders of Lithos. She is very interested with technology and how it affects people and Pokémon. At a very young age she helped develop the Pokéball that is mass produced by Silph Co. She is still very interested in how Pokémon are affected by the device.


Features


● Various Music
● Ability to change your outfit (its more intense and complex than y0u would expect)
● New storyline
● 16 custom gyms (3 leaders to a gym){5 gyms, with total 15 gym leaders}
● Various crime syndicates (still working out the details)
● Player dialogue
● Samuel Oak as your rival (keep in mind this is the past, and he is about 19)
● Custom Sprites
● New Shiny Pokémon
● Various new Pokémon
● A never ending battle stadium
● Time travel
● Genetically modified Pokémon: Spearow - Eevee - Growlithe (altered to be "eevee-lution" pokemon)
● Various Pokémon obtainable [e.g., some from every generation]
● Every Pokemon made, or that will be made, will be obtainable (by post-game events/DLC)


The Starters



Chespin, the Grass type - Fennekin, the Fire type - Froakie, the Water type

Screenshots



Wanna Support me?

If you like what I'm doing, use a support bar in your Signature!
If you hate me and my game and think this is terrible, use a support bar in your sig to let the world know of your opinion, and let them decide for themselves!

Spoiler:


HTML Code:
[url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=286748] [img]http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm8/sethnhw/siggy.png[/img] [/url]

HTML Code:
[url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=286748] [img]http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o510/SethLolz/Pokemon%20Litharreon/signature_zps61f38349.png[/img] [/url]

HTML Code:
[url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=286748] [img]http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q531/AntiSpriteTheft/LitharreonBanner_zps66becb79.gif[/img] [/url]



Credits/Thank Yous

(in NO particular order)

System: Maruno, Poccil & Flameguru Enterbrain
Graphics: Nintendo, XmarkXalanX, The Sprites Resource, SephirtothSpawn & Glitchfinder, Newtiteuf (NT), *Shadow-Chaos00, TheDeadHeroAlistair, Kyledove, Erma96, Ęℓαчиıı, zerudez, Noscium, HarryFJ96, SirAquakip, seiyouh, N-Kin
Scripts: carmaniac, ~Luka S-J, FL, Rayd12smitty, Nickalooose, hansiec, Stochastic
Special Thanks: Nintendo for everything Pokemon, flameheadshero for that one song, Maruno for all the essentials, ЩѻƦḽᶑʂḽдƴƹƦ™ for not being a total douche, Poccil for essentials in the first place, and everyone who supports this game!

And ~JV~ for his awesome page layout.


Don't forget to leave a comment :D

__________________

~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~

Finally, someone on here gets it.

Last edited by Saving Raven; 2 Weeks Ago at 08:46 AM. Reason: UPDATES: updates
Reply With Quote
  #2    
Old August 18th, 2012, 03:37 PM
LightningAlex's Avatar
LightningAlex
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LightningAlex Send a message via Skype™ to LightningAlex
Okay, first of all, I would like to say that I really love most of the features in your game! Kanto's past is great, and I'd really love to battle professor... uhm... Samuel Oak, in his late teen years, nonetheless! I just wonder if he was confused about his sexuality at that time... A boy or a girl? Hmmm..... xD

Second, I, myself am not a big fan of too much sci-fi, like, mad technology that alters the past. But I suppose there is a reason for the death of the protagonist.

Third, as I said in a PM, you're really a great artist. I love the sprites of the new Pokemon! Just, is there a reason to why the fire dragon has a fin on the end of his tail?
I can't wait to see the 7 evolutions of Growlithe! I love all dog-like Pokemon, and these'll probably be awesome!

And finally, a remark: Although you didn't show a lot in your maps, what you did show seems.... kind of bland. Too much green. Also, a street light in the middle of the grass (In the first town)? Aren't they usually a bit closer to the street? In the HAT cultist map, most of the area is plain grass, and there's a fence over some flowers.

All in all, this game has a lot potential. And I mean a lot! I think you just need a little bit more work with the maps.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #3    
Old August 18th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Saving Raven's Avatar
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: everywhere
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
Thanks, thats a lot of constructive criticism,
1st, the fire dragon its not supposed to be a fin, more like a split, i might make that more predominant, but its evolution is going to have like, 2 tails

2nd, I was just trying to make the maps from how I thought it should look (from my head), they arent finished they are more or less, beta. I just wanted to see how they worked, and then go from there, but you're right, they are very lame xDD

once I have perfected the forest area I'll work on everything (1st, get it all set, then perfect it all) then i'll post screen shots of them :3

*edit* as for the "sci-fi" hes more of an equally ambitious, Dr. Emmott Brown, who made time travel possible, as well as (spoiler ) . . . a de-evolution stone
Reply With Quote
  #4    
Old August 18th, 2012, 07:30 PM
Dying Light
Revived
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Far Away
Gender: Male
Nature: Hardy
I don't mean to rain on your parade, but here's my two cents for your maps.

Alright, I know someone else said this before, but your maps are quite bland. In the third screenshot, I don't understand why there are two sinks. Plus, the door in the wall looks kinda odd.

The map with the fence around the grass, but has flowers growing underneath it, looks strange.

"Trash Pokémon" screenshot has one too many soda machines, IMO. It'd look better with only two. Just my opinion.

Map with the "Adoption Agency" has a bench that was originally included in the default tilesets that came with RMXP. Don't know what it's doing in a Pokémon tileset, but it looks so out of place.

Second to last map's cavern looks freaky, like it was glitched up or something.

However, I like your story, and the "Hidden Villages" idea is pretty neat. I especially love the way you thought up the whole Kanghaskan evolution theory. It makes sense, and why Game Freak didn't choose to do something like that is beyond me.
__________________
I'm back, for a little while...
Reply With Quote
  #5    
Old August 18th, 2012, 10:49 PM
LightningAlex's Avatar
LightningAlex
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LightningAlex Send a message via Skype™ to LightningAlex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saving Raven View Post
Thanks, thats a lot of constructive criticism,
1st, the fire dragon its not supposed to be a fin, more like a split, i might make that more predominant, but its evolution is going to have like, 2 tails
Ohh, that makes sense. I mistook it for a fin since it kinda reminds me of Vaporeon's fin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saving Raven View Post
2nd, I was just trying to make the maps from how I thought it should look (from my head), they arent finished they are more or less, beta. I just wanted to see how they worked, and then go from there, but you're right, they are very lame xDD
Yeah, I already thought that's the case. I'm sure you'll improve them - post pictures when you do.

Oh, now that I've mentioned Vaporeon, I remembered to ask you, since you're adding custom Pokemon, do you plan to create an eeveelution for every type? That'd be awesome, and you could do it easily with your drawing skills.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #6    
Old August 19th, 2012, 05:54 AM
Saving Raven's Avatar
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: everywhere
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musketeer View Post
Alright, I know someone else said this before, but your maps are quite bland. In the third screenshot, I don't understand why there are two sinks. Plus, the door in the wall looks kinda odd. . .
Thank you for your post, and your input, I know the maps aren't really "up to par" but they are a starting point, its almost impossible to make a good map from scratch xDD but everything you said was right, and I'll take a closer look into the detail of everything in and on my maps, and thank you for the compliment on my story and pokemon evolution~ It makes this whole game worth it ^ ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningAlex View Post
Oh, now that I've mentioned Vaporeon, I remembered to ask you, since you're adding custom Pokemon, do you plan to create an eeveelution for every type? That'd be awesome, and you could do it easily with your drawing skills.
Unfortunately, I do not plan on adding anymore eevee evolutions at the moment, since this game is in the past, and its already a stretch to explain why fearow and growlithe have evolutionary quailities now, but not later. Furthermore, if I were to give eevee me evolutions, I would HAVE to give the others more evolutions, otherwise it would have an unfair advantage.
As for the pictures, I'm working hard to make an update c:

Last edited by Saving Raven; August 19th, 2012 at 06:01 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #7    
Old August 20th, 2012, 07:14 AM
Saving Raven's Avatar
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: everywhere
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
Here's an update of what I have been working on since the critique yesterday:


I need opinions on this house, I want it to have a border around the kitchen like most homes actually do, but i dont know if thats good, or if there should be a similar border around the kitchen tile. thoughts, comments?


I loved the idea of having a poke-mart+center in one place introduced in pokemon B+W, and I tried to replicate it in this pokemon center, and I would like some feedback :D
here is the outside of it:


@ Musketeer, I tried making the cave entrance have the illusion of going down, but I guess I failed at that, so I tried this:
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/m...shots/cave.png
If anyone knows some good cave tiles like this, (ie) illusion of going down, or even something better than this generic entrance xDD
Reply With Quote
  #8    
Old August 20th, 2012, 08:19 AM
LightningAlex's Avatar
LightningAlex
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LightningAlex Send a message via Skype™ to LightningAlex
You did a good job on the border - it fits. But you don't have to put that much details into the inside of regular houses. Just don't put anything that's out of place, make them really small so there's not a lot of empty space, and that should do it.

For the second map, the idea of having the Pokemon Center & Mart in one building is great. The only thing that really looks out of place on that map are the floor tiles in the Mart-part. Change them to be the same tiles as the rest of the map, and it'll look good.
One more thing that bothers me (But I pay more attention to the details than "normal" people), is that the entrance to the Center+Mart is right in the middle, but on the inside it's moved to the left. Moving it to the middle won't change the aesthetics of the map, but it'll kinda make more sense... I don't know, I just pay a lot of attention to that kinda stuff xD (The Pokeball on the floor, too... IMHO it'll look better if its center is in front of Nurse Joy, or whatever the nurses are called in your game xD)

But aside these extremely minor things, the maps look good.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #9    
Old August 20th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Dying Light
Revived
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Far Away
Gender: Male
Nature: Hardy
The new cave entrance looks good. If you want it to have the illusion of going down, I'd try creating a custom graphic for that. If you could somehow edit the "downward cave entrance" to fit properly with the other graphics, maybe it would seem fitting.

I love the new Pokémon Center. The idea of merging a PC and PM seems so fitting, that it also saves on mapping space. The PC and PM merged together looks really cool.

And the border around the kitchen makes sense. It doesn't seem out of place, and I just think it's a good idea.
__________________
I'm back, for a little while...
Reply With Quote
  #10    
Old August 20th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Saving Raven's Avatar
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: everywhere
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningAlex View Post
One more thing that bothers me (But I pay more attention to the details than "normal" people), is that the entrance to the Center+Mart is right in the middle, but on the inside it's moved to the left. Moving it to the middle won't change the aesthetics of the map, but it'll kinda make more sense... I don't know, I just pay a lot of attention to that kinda stuff xD (The Pokeball on the floor, too... IMHO it'll look better if its center is in front of Nurse Joy, or whatever the nurses are called in your game xD)
the maps look good.
Thanks, I had to read what you said like 3 times, before I got what you meant, and I totally didnt even see that xDD I was trying to place the entrance and pokeball where it made sense inside, and didnt even think about the entrance xDD I'll work on that, and thanks for the compliment :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musketeer View Post
The new cave entrance looks good. If you want it to have the illusion of going down, I'd try creating a custom graphic for that. If you could somehow edit the "downward cave entrance" to fit properly with the other graphics, maybe it would seem fitting.

I love the new Pokémon Center. The idea of merging a PC and PM seems so fitting, that it also saves on mapping space. The PC and PM merged together looks really cool.

And the border around the kitchen makes sense. It doesn't seem out of place, and I just think it's a good idea.
Thanks, I made custom graphics for a lot of these nit-picky things I've shown, I think I'll try a hand at the cave entrance, it just bothers me how awkward it looks >.< I want it to be perfect, thanks for the compliment on the PC+PM, and as Alex said, I might try changing the Tiles, I'll work on it...that and the kitchen, i have an idea!

Now I have a lot to work on, the next step though is working on world maps...I cant get the grass right any tips would be greatly appreciated! I need to do some research on it (if there is anything)
Reply With Quote
  #11    
Old August 20th, 2012, 11:26 AM
LightningAlex's Avatar
LightningAlex
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LightningAlex Send a message via Skype™ to LightningAlex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saving Raven View Post
Thanks, I had to read what you said like 3 times, before I got what you meant, and I totally didnt even see that xDD I was trying to place the entrance and pokeball where it made sense inside, and didnt even think about the entrance xDD I'll work on that, and thanks for the compliment :3
Sorry, it's my bad English xD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saving Raven View Post
Now I have a lot to work on, the next step though is working on world maps...I cant get the grass right any tips would be greatly appreciated! I need to do some research on it (if there is anything)
I have a few tips on how to make world maps:
1) Don't make them big. Bigger maps = more "empty" space, which you'd want to avoid.
2) Most tiles in the overworld tileset are green. Trees, grass, tall grass. You'd like your maps more colorful, and there is no "colorful" without the color red. Most flowers are red - you can go a little overboard with them.
3) Don't use the "Rectangle" tool for trees, tall grass & flowers.
4) If you're building a town/city, make sure that the houses aren't too far apart from each other. You can add some houses without doors, or with locked doors, just to make the town/city appear bigger.
5) Trees aren't used for borders only, and there are a lot of different trees.
6) A few boulders (Not the ones that can be moved by strength) here and there will change a lot.
7) Look at maps by other game makers, or maps from the real Pokemon games. It helps.

Well, I hope this helps...
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #12    
Old August 21st, 2012, 12:07 PM
Saving Raven's Avatar
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: everywhere
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
Newbridge town:
Spoiler:

-this is where you start off the game, its finished, theres not much else to do


Road 1:
Spoiler:

-I'm working on adding a secret passage, barely noticeable, that you will have to back to after half-way through the game/post game sidequest, but for now, its done



Cyan City:
Spoiler:

-I need advice, I was originally going to make 1 gym with a series of 16 leaders, but now i'm thinking of having 3 gyms with 5 leaders, or 5 gyms with 3 leaders, the final gym will be hidden away [you only need to beat 8, the rest are optional, but you get useful key items for each one after 8 you beat]
-the rest of the city is pretty much finished

Road 3 [exit left via cyan city]:
Spoiler:

-this is the road to the pokemon reservation, the eliteX, and many more things, its one of the last things in the game, and theres no need to finish this part, the road is finished.

Road 2 [exit up via cyan city]
Spoiler:

-the road to the secret forest (there are around 5 [give or take 2] secret areas, with 2 visible areas) theres a lake/pond area with an unfinished secret area to euphoria springs
-also the way to a mysterious cavern, with many many secret areas as well
-except for the secret area to the springs, it is finished

Stannum City:
Spoiler:

-I'm still working on this, the museum is the place filled with scientists who give information on pokemon, as well as areas (also where you find archaeologists, and excavators who give hints on hidden areas) (also a place where you can find books and read on various areas)
-the science lab will be turned into something else, most likely a gym, depending on any ideas I get for the gym idea I have
-This is 80% done, I need to move things around, and then add another route to a few other areas I wasnt planning on until now

Last edited by Saving Raven; August 21st, 2012 at 12:24 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #13    
Old August 21st, 2012, 03:31 PM
Dying Light
Revived
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Far Away
Gender: Male
Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saving Raven View Post
Newbridge town:
Spoiler:

-this is where you start off the game, its finished, theres not much else to do


Road 1:
Spoiler:

-I'm working on adding a secret passage, barely noticeable, that you will have to back to after half-way through the game/post game sidequest, but for now, its done



Cyan City:
Spoiler:

-I need advice, I was originally going to make 1 gym with a series of 16 leaders, but now i'm thinking of having 3 gyms with 5 leaders, or 5 gyms with 3 leaders, the final gym will be hidden away [you only need to beat 8, the rest are optional, but you get useful key items for each one after 8 you beat]
-the rest of the city is pretty much finished

Road 3 [exit left via cyan city]:
Spoiler:

-this is the road to the pokemon reservation, the eliteX, and many more things, its one of the last things in the game, and theres no need to finish this part, the road is finished.

Road 2 [exit up via cyan city]
Spoiler:

-the road to the secret forest (there are around 5 [give or take 2] secret areas, with 2 visible areas) theres a lake/pond area with an unfinished secret area to euphoria springs
-also the way to a mysterious cavern, with many many secret areas as well
-except for the secret area to the springs, it is finished

Stannum City:
Spoiler:

-I'm still working on this, the museum is the place filled with scientists who give information on pokemon, as well as areas (also where you find archaeologists, and excavators who give hints on hidden areas) (also a place where you can find books and read on various areas)
-the science lab will be turned into something else, most likely a gym, depending on any ideas I get for the gym idea I have
-This is 80% done, I need to move things around, and then add another route to a few other areas I wasnt planning on until now
Nice update! The archaeologists will add a new twist in gameplay, and Stannum City looks magnificent!

Make sure you keep your "Hidden Passages" idea throughout the whole game. It would add some replay value, and it'll be an incentive to beat the game.
__________________
I'm back, for a little while...
Reply With Quote
  #14    
Old August 21st, 2012, 03:32 PM
LightningAlex's Avatar
LightningAlex
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LightningAlex Send a message via Skype™ to LightningAlex
This is an improvement alright. There are some things you still need to fix, though:
Road 1 - The maps looks like a square, and ledges can't go over tall grass.
Cyan City - The gym roof is a bit too big (You did this probably because there are more gym leaders inside, but it's still too big). There is a random green square around the land on the water. Try using the road autotile instead. Also, who builds one part of a building on the ground, and the other part on a hill?
Road 3 - Not enough details, especially on the left part of the map. Other than that, the map is great.
Road 2 - Again, there's not enough details. Also, having parts of land on the water is okay, but having water parts on the land on the water is kinda unnecessary.
Stannum City - This map is fine. The only thing I'd like to say is, again, not enough details xD

I'm really sorry if I'm too harsh with my critiques...

Oh and by the way, IMHO the more gyms, the better, so I'd go for the 5 gyms with 3 gym leaders idea.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #15    
Old August 21st, 2012, 03:59 PM
Saving Raven's Avatar
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: everywhere
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musketeer View Post

Nice update! The archaeologists will add a new twist in gameplay, and Stannum City looks magnificent!

Make sure you keep your "Hidden Passages" idea throughout the whole game. It would add some replay value, and it'll be an incentive to beat the game.
Thanks for the support, I like the idea of having an area that gives you information on a region (because since it has been found "recently" [not BRAN new, but not old] it makes sense they would document thing) and being able to use it as a resource for information, of course it wont tell you EVERYTHING like, "turn left at the big tree, you will find a secret path" thats not fun, but it will hint that there are valuable resources, or undiscovered areas "it seems smaller than you would think" or even "there is a rumor of a spring, but no one has been able to find it yet" but yeah, I love secrets, and i plan on adding even more!


Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningAlex View Post
This is an improvement alright. There are some things you still need to fix, though:
Road 1 - The maps looks like a square, and ledges can't go over tall grass.
Cyan City - The gym roof is a bit too big (You did this probably because there are more gym leaders inside, but it's still too big). There is a random green square around the land on the water. Try using the road autotile instead. Also, who builds one part of a building on the ground, and the other part on a hill?
Road 3 - Not enough details, especially on the left part of the map. Other than that, the map is great.
Road 2 - Again, there's not enough details. Also, having parts of land on the water is okay, but having water parts on the land on the water is kinda unnecessary.
Stannum City - This map is fine. The only thing I'd like to say is, again, not enough details xD

I'm really sorry if I'm too harsh with my critiques...

Oh and by the way, IMHO the more gyms, the better, so I'd go for the 5 gyms with 3 gym leaders idea.
yes yes, I agree the gym is abnormally large, I will change it, as it should be, I like the 5 gyms with 3 leaders, it adds to the variety, so thanks for your advice on that
-road 1, 3, and stannum city: thanks, I figured I needed to add some more details
-as for the "building on a cliff" i wanted it to be apart of it...its the safari zone entrance, but I might replace it with something else, make a bran new town, and put it in there...
anyway, you werent too harsh, infact, this is exactly what I needed to improve my maps, by tonight they will be perfect and I can move on finally!

@everyone: how do the trees in town look? not the border ones, the other ones, I wanted a type of tree that looks like its been there for a while, while the huge one in the starting town, that will be for the move "headbutt" as it is 3 tiles wide, and makes enough sense that a pokemon would live in it
Reply With Quote
  #16    
Old August 21st, 2012, 07:42 PM
M4CK_M4YN3's Avatar
M4CK_M4YN3
Felix_The_Cat
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Game looks great and one thing ilove is the kanto becuase I feel soo many hacks and fan game s fail becuse peope love pokemon and are comfotablr in regions similar to the original making them more likly to play but I pthink you should upgrade your tilesets
__________________

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=287022
Reply With Quote
  #17    
Old August 21st, 2012, 08:05 PM
Saving Raven's Avatar
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: everywhere
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4CK_M4YN3 View Post
Game looks great and one thing ilove is the kanto becuase I feel soo many hacks and fan game s fail becuse peope love pokemon and are comfotablr in regions similar to the original making them more likly to play but I pthink you should upgrade your tilesets
Thanks for your support, but I'm satisfied with the tileset I have, its a nice feel and I'm more comfortable with gen-3 tiles rather than gen-4 or 5. In addition, it keeps the same feel as fire red and leaf green, which is suitable because its supposed to be it in the past.

Here are some ideas I have been toying around with, and I would love some feedback on!
● Adding achievements
[Like catching a certain number of pokemon, or beating all the gyms, etc]

● Adding quests
[Like defeating a certain number of pokemon and recieving a special item/money/outfit]

● Adding outfits
[making a closet in your room, and at the start, you choose between 3 variations of your clothes, but as the game progresses you get a few more, but you mainly get more via quests and such]

{one quest I have in mind already involves the side group called the HAT cultists (haters against trainers), they ask you to harass some people, or defeat x number of trainers, and you get various hats from them (ridiculous of course, but hats nonetheless), this is important because I'm thinking of adding an area where there is a hat cultist blocking the entrance saying you dont have a hat which makes you lame, and you being lame would ruin the atmosphere of their establishment}

ANYWAY I'm requesting the help of anyone who could help me implement my ideas, as these are not "fantasies" I think they are very real and able to be implemented, I'm just very slow when it comes to scripts and events.
note, if you DO help with these ideas, I will love you forever, and you will be given a very hearty credit in the credit section of my thread, readme, as well as end-of-the-game :3
Reply With Quote
  #18    
Old August 21st, 2012, 08:53 PM
Dying Light
Revived
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Far Away
Gender: Male
Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saving Raven View Post
● Adding achievements
[Like catching a certain number of pokemon, or beating all the gyms, etc]
Would be nice, but would be better if you had some sort of online stat server which would show everyone's achievements. This way, players can brag/discuss/compete for their achievements. Otherwise, it isn't really necessary. At least, that's my opinion on how something like that would work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saving Raven View Post
● Adding quests
[Like defeating a certain number of pokemon and recieving a special item/money/outfit]
Good idea! More things to do in a game makes it that much more playable!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saving Raven View Post
● Adding outfits
[making a closet in your room, and at the start, you choose between 3 variations of your clothes, but as the game progresses you get a few more, but you mainly get more via quests and such]
That'd be so awesome! It'd add a degree of customization to the game, and players would, like I said before, be more inclined to complete the game to unlock new outfits. Please, do this if you can get someone to help you on it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saving Raven View Post
ANYWAY I'm requesting the help of anyone who could help me implement my ideas, as these are not "fantasies" I think they are very real and able to be implemented, I'm just very slow when it comes to scripts and events.
note, if you DO help with these ideas, I will love you forever, and you will be given a very hearty credit in the credit section of my thread, readme, as well as end-of-the-game :3
Well, I'd love to help you, but I already have 2 games I'm working on simultaneously. I might be able to help out if I get some free hands. I'll stay tuned to this project.
__________________
I'm back, for a little while...
Reply With Quote
  #19    
Old August 21st, 2012, 09:41 PM
Saving Raven's Avatar
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: everywhere
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musketeer View Post
Would be nice, but would be better if you had some sort of online stat server which would show everyone's achievements. This way, players can brag/discuss/compete for their achievements. Otherwise, it isn't really necessary. At least, that's my opinion on how something like that would work.
I see them as a nice little thing that keep people wanting to progress and get more, and iunno...they're just really fun to have and collect. You're "online stat server" is a good idea, but it seems like it should be implemented as a last, and side project, since I have many other pressing matters to attend to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musketeer View Post
Good idea! More things to do in a game makes it that much more playable!
yes! I love sidequests/quests I have a few quests in mind already~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musketeer View Post
That'd be so awesome! It'd add a degree of customization to the game, and players would, like I said before, be more inclined to complete the game to unlock new outfits. Please, do this if you can get someone to help you on it!
I will definitely try, unlike other ideas I have, I'm almost lost as to implementing them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musketeer View Post
Well, I'd love to help you, but I already have 2 games I'm working on simultaneously. I might be able to help out if I get some free hands. I'll stay tuned to this project.
thanks for the interest! if you need help I wouldnt mind helping with spriting, or even possibly, some tilesets (I doubt I could really help, haha, i'm kinda good at "ripping" [if I understand what it is...]) but yeah, if you need some help I wouldnt mind seeing if I have the skills you need!
Reply With Quote
  #20    
Old August 22nd, 2012, 10:50 PM
Saving Raven's Avatar
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: everywhere
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
Hey guys, I've been working on some old sprites, making them perfect and trying to finish up all the pokemon data so I can work solely on mapping, and heres the pokemon I have finished!

1st off, ever wonder why arcanine is "legendary"? heres why~

Darcanine, one of the 2 variants that, during the climate change, lack of food and land after the war, became the fire type "arcanine"


Archic, the second variant, it has powerful psychic abilities and exerts an unknown, powerful mental force
-these 2 completely different, and very powerful pokemon had to become one species to survive, and coping with the dense heat and different climate (as well as mixture of opposing types) became a fire type

next is the male counterpart of kangaskhan, Sanguskhan!

-to survive, the males became cubones, while the babies stayed in the pouch of their mothers, once they were old enough to survive on their own (much later than now) the females would be raised as kangaskhan to keep their dwindling species alive, while the males became cubones, as they depended heavily on their mothers, so much so, that they were sacrificed in order for the "cubone" to get the vital nutrients it needed to survive on its own and become stronger.

finally, the ice version of fearow :D

The pokemon glaciary is the ancestor of the modern-day pokemon, braviary. in the rapid climate change and land reformation after the war, you could say it "melted" into the braviary of today


I have an idea for my achievment idea (while I have no idea how to impliment this, or an idea of how to set up the system) I thought making an app for the pokegear "achievments" would be a brilliant idea!

-it would work like the pc item system, only instead of showing items, it shows achievements, and it shows all the possible achievements, rather than only the ones you have obtained thus far
-in the square where it explains the achievement, it would have a lock, indicating you have yet to have gotten it, or an unlock, showing you have gotten it already
-When you recive an achievement, it would say whatever it is on this!:


Finally, to conclude this update, I have made a map of the region!

its loose base of kanto (as this is decades before the region we know today) with various missing places (as they are merely rumors and not fully discovered yet) while the rest that has been, is shown. there is also a lot of empty space since it has only recently been discovered.
__________________

~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~

Finally, someone on here gets it.
Reply With Quote
  #21    
Old August 23rd, 2012, 07:53 AM
LightningAlex's Avatar
LightningAlex
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LightningAlex Send a message via Skype™ to LightningAlex
I'm in love with Darcanine already <3 And I love your achievement idea, it's great!

I don't know what else to say xD Only compliments, no critiques this time!
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #22    
Old August 23rd, 2012, 07:57 AM
Saving Raven's Avatar
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: everywhere
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningAlex View Post
I'm in love with Darcanine already <3 And I love your achievement idea, it's great!

I don't know what else to say xD Only compliments, no critiques this time!
wow, thanks :3
its like, if someone could come up with the bare script for achievements, i have all the materials to use xDDD
and archic+darcanine are based loosely off of espeon and umbreon

As promised I have been working on the new road, and finished stannum city, and as per the advice of Musketeer and alex, I even remade road 1!


comments?


I'm happy with it, plenty of fun with the HAT cultists, thanks again, Musketeer, as well as plenty of fun with the museum, and many reasons to come back!


this is by no means the final product, but how is the concept? the next town is supposed to be at the base of a mountain range (some of which is accessible)
__________________

~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~

Finally, someone on here gets it.

Last edited by Saving Raven; August 23rd, 2012 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Update~
Reply With Quote
  #23    
Old August 24th, 2012, 12:51 PM
LightningAlex's Avatar
LightningAlex
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LightningAlex Send a message via Skype™ to LightningAlex
Now, this is what I call good maps! Great job on them, keep that up! Never rush a map, if you're "too lazy to make them nice" at the moment of creating them. Everything looks great!
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #24    
Old August 24th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Saving Raven's Avatar
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: everywhere
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
I've been thinking, maybe I could make the achievement system an add-on to your personal computer, making it slightly more useful (since I have never seen a use of depositing/withdrawing items, nor using mail)
comments, ideas?

Likewise, I could make the closet system like the PC item storage, when you get a new outfit its put in the closet in your room
comments? ideas?

I have a question, I have no idea how to make the underground secret library work... I have everything all made, I just dont know where to put the entrance or how to activate it as a "secret" I need some ideas on it xDD
__________________

~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~

Finally, someone on here gets it.
Reply With Quote
  #25    
Old August 24th, 2012, 04:36 PM
LightningAlex's Avatar
LightningAlex
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LightningAlex Send a message via Skype™ to LightningAlex
I'm sorry, I can't help you with the first two questions - whatever you decide will be fine for me.

As for the third question, I'm not sure if you ever mentioned something like an underground secret library.... maybe you did, but I forgot (I'm pretty sure I've read every word in this thread), but I just tend to forget easily. If you could explain to me what exactly you mean, maybe I'll be able to help you.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 05:17 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.