The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 31st, 2012 (09:58 PM).
rainerman3
The Guy With THE Aura

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Skype™ to rainerman3
Let's ignore typing for now - pick any preexisting non-starter Pokemon, and which three sets would you make into starters? Give reasons why (it's optional)
Well i would choose Riolu, Zorua and Bronzor. Just because it could be new types of starters! And i know that Bronzor would be really bad against Zorua, but that encourages people to catch different pokemon if they would choose bronzor.
Pokeanalysis: You are very mysterious like the ocean abyss, choosing not to give away your true intentions and feelings. People don't know much about you, as you don't strive to be the center of attention like most people. You love your close friends and would do anything to protect them and defend them. You are kind and intelligent, and very powerful. You are a lover of peace and tranquility and hate meaningless violence. This makes you like Lugia!
Old July 31st, 2012 (10:12 PM).
Krazzikk

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainerman3 View Post
Well i would choose Riolu, Zorua and Bronzor. Just because it could be new types of starters!
[/B][/COLOR]
Well if we are changing types now then I would choose Tympole, Sandile, and Pikachu just because they seem balanced, like said in the last topic, Water, Ground, Electric, are the only other 3 types that all have counters and pros
Old August 1st, 2012 (01:48 AM).
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbok View Post
Let's ignore typing for now - pick any preexisting non-starter Pokemon, and which three sets would you make into starters? Give reasons why (it's optional)
what about Bellsprout, Poliwag and Litwick?
they correspond with a type chain, the classic fire, water, grass and all three require a stone to reach their final third form (or trade with Kings Rock). It's not as unbalanced as you'd think on first sight though especially with how beefed up Victreebel became with gen IV.
Granted Litwick reaches its second stage a lot later than the other two but a little modding could sort that out.
Zero points for cuteness when it comes to Bellsprout, though, so that might just backfire a bit.

Quote:
Well i would choose Riolu, Zorua and Bronzor. Just because it could be new types of starters! And i know that Bronzor would be really bad against Zorua, but that encourages people to catch different pokemon if they would choose bronzor.
I think you meant the other way around Bronzor line is part-Steel. Now, as for the cuddly Zorua... well, free advertising couldn't hurt now, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazzikk View Post
Well if we are changing types now then I would choose Tympole, Sandile, and Pikachu just because they seem balanced, like said in the last topic, Water, Ground, Electric, are the only other 3 types that all have counters and pros
But doesn't Ground null Electric entirely?
Old August 1st, 2012 (08:17 AM).
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazzikk View Post
Like Twiggy said, Electric type moves have no effect on Ground types, so if it was to be the normal rival pattern, picking Pikachu, which by the way should rather be Pichu, would put you in a great disadvantage. I guess the best bet would be to make it a Rock or Steel type instead, since I'm pretty sure Electric type moves just aren't that effective against those. Best I can think of would be either Geodude or Aron, so shifting out Sandile with either of those two should work.
Old August 1st, 2012 (09:33 AM).
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olli97 View Post
I guess the best bet would be to make it a Rock or Steel type instead, since I'm pretty sure Electric type moves just aren't that effective against those. Best I can think of would be either Geodude or Aron, so shifting out Sandile with either of those two should work.
I'm pretty sure that both Steel and Rock are neutral to Electric.

And Geodude is part Ground, so...
Old August 1st, 2012 (09:50 AM).
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♪Twiggy♪ View Post
I'm pretty sure that both Steel and Rock are neutral to Electric.

And Geodude is part Ground, so...
Just checked, and it seems that Electric type moves does normal damage to both Rock and Steel type Pokémon, so that wouldn't work out either way. Honestly I don't see any way to make it balanced with any different types than the Grass - Water - Fire ones then.
Old August 1st, 2012 (11:16 AM).
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Nature: Careful
Wouldn't Rock, Fighting and Flying work out in a triangle? Not sure what Pokemon you'd use as starters but those three types by themselves work.
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Old August 2nd, 2012 (11:10 PM).
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmotone8 View Post
Wouldn't Rock, Fighting and Flying work out in a triangle? Not sure what Pokemon you'd use as starters but those three types by themselves work.
Pretty sure Flying is neutral to Rock.

There's a reason why I said ignore typing. Consider the Pokemon as if their types were perfectly balanced against each other.
Old August 5th, 2012 (03:23 PM). Edited August 5th, 2012 by Taposa.
Taposa
Lúckymon Expert,Pkmn <3r,Fil.

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Taposa
How about Dark-Ghost-Bug? Zorua-Yamask-Pineco. Zorua evolves at Level . Yamask evolves at Level 34, 4 levels from Zorua. Pineco evolves at Level 31, 1 level from Zorua and 3 levels to Yamask. Pineco's evolution is half-bug and half-steel.

Lucario/Riolu Fan club
PC Site
GPX+ SiteThe Super Starter Pokémon Club 💛 ~> The Eevee and Eeveelutions Club <~
Current Challenge

Old August 5th, 2012 (06:26 PM).
mineox100
Hey.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to mineox100 Send a message via Skype™ to mineox100
Hmm... new starters?

I'm gonna say... Dratini ,Larvitar, and Bagon? Or maybe Suicune, Entei, and Raikou!
Old August 5th, 2012 (06:46 PM).
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mineox100 View Post
Hmm... new starters?

I'm gonna say... Dratini ,Larvitar, and Bagon? Or maybe Suicune, Entei, and Raikou!
A pseudo legend starter line is actually a pretty good idea. They all get pretty strong, so they're not really Pokémon you'd consider ditching, however it'll take sooo long for them all to evolve. If I remember correctly, both Bagon and Dratini reach their final forms at level 45, so there's quite a bit to the top :p Either way, I guess Pokémon like Beldum and Gible and all the other Pseudo legendaires would fit in too, so yeah. An interesting idea.
Old August 5th, 2012 (11:38 PM).
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taposa View Post
How about Dark-Ghost-Bug? Zorua-Yamask-Pineco. Zorua evolves at Level . Yamask evolves at Level 34, 4 levels from Zorua. Pineco evolves at Level 31, 1 level from Zorua and 3 levels to Yamask. Pineco's evolution is half-bug and half-steel.
Teehee~ And a two-stage style trio can be quite the interesting one, too. Not to mention Zorua is all fuzzyballs. Pineco, though? Um...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mineox100 View Post
Hmm... new starters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olli97 View Post
A pseudo legend starter line is actually a pretty good idea. They all get pretty strong, so they're not really Pokémon you'd consider ditching, however it'll take sooo long for them all to evolve. If I remember correctly, both Bagon and Dratini reach their final forms at level 45, so there's quite a bit to the top :p Either way, I guess Pokémon like Beldum and Gible and all the other Pseudo legendaires would fit in too, so yeah. An interesting idea.
I've always wondered how the games would be like if we're thrown pseudo-legendary Pokemon from the get-go.

New topic:

Assume that the next game has only one starter. What would you want it to be? Preexisting or new, it doesn't matter. (If new, you might want to elaborate on what it should be.)

Old August 9th, 2012 (11:31 PM).
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

Assume that the next game has only one starter.

If it was only one starter, I'd want it to be a Dragon type, as they're rare and unique, and would give you a more special Pokémon to go through with, one you'd be less likely to just box away. Since Dragon types usually are able to learn a big variety of moves and only have 2 weaknesses, which are of Pokémon that don't appear near the start, the beginning of the game wouldn't be too challenging, whereas later in there should be something involving Ice Pokémon, like a gym or some event of sorts, so you wouldn't just be able to rely on your Dragon type the whole way through. But yeah, alternatives could also be Normal or Ice type Pokémon. Normal because it only has one weakness, and Ice types because they're less common and can relate to Dragon type Pokémon.
Old August 10th, 2012 (12:48 AM).
mineox100
Hey.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to mineox100 Send a message via Skype™ to mineox100
A bug type, for a challenge! Or maybe Machop, which I just... randomly picked XD
Old August 13th, 2012 (10:27 AM). Edited August 13th, 2012 by rainerman3.
rainerman3
The Guy With THE Aura

There is no activity at all in here... oh and i can't really answer to the topic because i can not really decide...

Actually i would agree with olli a dragon type would be pretty decent for a starter.
Pokeanalysis: You are very mysterious like the ocean abyss, choosing not to give away your true intentions and feelings. People don't know much about you, as you don't strive to be the center of attention like most people. You love your close friends and would do anything to protect them and defend them. You are kind and intelligent, and very powerful. You are a lover of peace and tranquility and hate meaningless violence. This makes you like Lugia!
Old August 14th, 2012 (01:26 AM).
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

Teehee. For some weird reason or another, I just want to have a Zorua as a starter, if only because he's a cute widdly cuddly dark fox that has a big head and eyes and everything. And awesomely cool while doing so.
Old August 14th, 2012 (05:49 AM).
arbok
cobra pokemon

my main problem for a dragon type starter is that the only type they deal double damage against is themselves. The type effectiveness shared between starters would suffer.

The moment i saw Zorua I wanted one... they are really cute :D

Bulbasaur-Ivysaur-Venusaur
Ekans-Arbok
Zubat-Golbat-(with nat. dex)Crobat
Nidoran(M)-Nidorino-Nidoking
Gastly-Haunter-Gengar
Tentacool-Tentacruel
Old August 14th, 2012 (08:09 AM).
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♪Twiggy♪ View Post
Pretty sure Flying is neutral to Rock.

There's a reason why I said ignore typing. Consider the Pokemon as if their types were perfectly balanced against each other.
No, rock is super effective, I'm pretty sure. Now the problem is that there aren't any plain flying types XD
But I didn't see that part about the typing. :/ Sorry.
@current discussion
And Zorua would make a great lone starter. Just needs a third evo. Not sure about the dragon idea though

Old August 14th, 2012 (09:59 AM).
rainerman3
The Guy With THE Aura

I guess Zorua would be awesome as a starter though. When he evolves into a Zoroark its gonna be my top priority to take care of it. :D
Old August 14th, 2012 (11:19 AM).
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Zorua would make a good PMD starter too. It would go along with the likes of Vulpix and Shinx and Riolu. Especially since in PMD it stays cute for a lot longer since you can't evolve early. /hates Zorarak

Old August 18th, 2012 (11:34 AM).
rainerman3
The Guy With THE Aura

Yeah if they ever make a pmd game. T.T Oh and come on lets keep the club more active! :D
Old August 19th, 2012 (05:47 AM).
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

Sometimes I wish they made another PMD specifically for the new Pokemon and the adorableness that will ensue. xD

Would you like to have the next set of starters to have a common theme?

Old August 20th, 2012 (10:08 AM).
rainerman3
The Guy With THE Aura

If you mean like a music theme then YES PLEASE! It would be pretty cool for the starter pokemon to have a music theme!
Old August 20th, 2012 (10:46 AM).
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Quote:

If you mean like a music theme then YES PLEASE! It would be pretty cool for the starter pokemon to have a music theme!
That would be pretty cool if that's what you mean. Though I'm not sure how that would work. Could you please specify a bit more Twiggy?

Old August 20th, 2012 (04:45 PM).
Snowdrop
Throw a blanket over it!

Nature: Jolly
Name: Snowdrop, but you can call me Mer or Skitters.
Starter Pokémon: Chikorita, and her name shall be Meadow. Oh, you're allowed to take 2? In that case, Skitty was a started for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, so shouldn't she be on the list? Anyways, if you can get a Skitty then I'll name her Lavish. If you can't get a Skitty then a Shinx named Rune.
Why would you like to join the club?: Basically for Chikorita lol. I just like discussing Pokemon in general.

I'm going to answer multiple topics.

Would you like the next set of starters to have a common theme?
...? What kind of theme? They already share a common theme. I just want Nintendo to stick with tradition lol. If you mean musical theme, then that would be rather interesting I guess.

Assume the next game only has one starter.

It would depend on the Pokemon released at the time. It'd have to a unique Pokemon like Eevee. In fact, Eevee would actually be a perfect candidate.

Sponsored Links