The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Trivia

Notices

Pokémon Trivia Make your own games and trivia, or play games made by other members. Non-Pokémon Trivia goes in the Forum Games forum.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 7th, 2012, 05:34 AM
kazekage1ichibi
Unhatched Egg

isnt scolipede a roley poley?
Old August 7th, 2012, 11:23 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle

Scolipede is a Centipede Pokemon, not a Roli-poli sadly.
Forum Games

Paired with Stand Alone and Eucliffe
Gallery - DeviantArt
Old August 8th, 2012, 07:33 PM
darkpokeball
Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o

Well, it has some roli-poli characteristics. But come on, if they make an ice-cream pokemon, they should make a pillbug pokemon.
Old August 13th, 2012, 01:23 AM
Nineray
Green Okido

Nature: Brave
10. I was reading some venipedes origin on bulbipedia the other day and saw that it was based on a roli poli roughly. Same goes for all of its evolution. Actually they're based on the Pill Millipede I'm not sure if that counts as a Pill Bug although

3DS FC-5429-8520-6595
Pokemon Black FC-2753-4694-1196

Avatar Credit goes to the creator.

Last edited by Nineray; August 13th, 2012 at 01:29 AM. Reason: Found the pokemon. :D
Old August 13th, 2012, 05:29 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

I looked on bulbapedia myself. For Scolipede at least. Though I guess it's safe to say that Venipede is like a pillbug!
Forum Games

Gallery - DeviantArt
Old August 14th, 2012, 03:01 PM
darkpokeball

Venipede=Roli Poli?
Meh, I guess so.
Old August 15th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Well, the species is centipede Pokemon, but then again we do have Bidoof that looks like a beaver and is yet called the 'Plump Mouse' Pokemon.
Forum Games

Gallery - DeviantArt
Old August 15th, 2012, 04:06 PM
Nineray
Green Okido

14 Thats nintendo logic for you. Speaking of Nintendo logic Wooper can learn ice punch, shroomish can learn focus punch. Here's Yanmegas pokedex entry from heartgold

"This six-legged Pokémon is easily capable of transporting an adult in flight. The wings on its tail help it stay balanced." but it can't learn fly. How does that work?

3DS FC-5429-8520-6595

Last edited by Nineray; August 15th, 2012 at 04:21 PM.
Old August 16th, 2012, 12:21 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nintendo's logic is the best. Maybe pokemon that shouldn't know fly/surf/etc etc know it and nice versa haha.
Forum Games

Gallery - DeviantArt
Old August 16th, 2012, 01:52 AM
~Ryukaa
//fennekin

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ~Ryukaa Send a message via Skype™ to ~Ryukaa

Darumaka also uses it's droppings to keep warm. o3o
That's really not related to what you're talking about, but it just sorta came to mind.
Old August 16th, 2012, 02:06 AM
Stand Alone
Who cares to know, eh Bubbles?

Nature: Lonely

What came to mind for me was related though and that's how Charizard in Gen I couldn't learn Fly. I still forget that even after all these years, and it always shocks me when I do remember. Why? idek.

Old August 16th, 2012, 02:11 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

I've played the first generation, but I think I always used Pidgeot for my flying Pokemon. But that's not saying much since I never beat the elite four in R/B/Y
Forum Games

Gallery - DeviantArt
Old August 16th, 2012, 08:31 PM
dʒɹʌmpfʼt̚
alors on danse

Nature: Impish

Lol I just use any Pokémon that can learn Fly tbh

Though it always turns out to be the region's bird Pokémon :x

could you ····ing not
·
Old August 18th, 2012, 06:40 PM
Nineray
Green Okido

20 Same for me except for when i play emerald, i try to use Skarmory or Altaria but im to lazy to train them

3DS FC-5429-8520-6595

Old August 18th, 2012, 06:50 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Last two generations I actually haven't been giving a team member fly. At least, not for Platinum, Soul Silver, and I think White as well?
Forum Games

Gallery - DeviantArt
Old August 18th, 2012, 09:24 PM
darkpokeball

xD I love the Fly HM! How could you not use it?
(Love the Roxas avatar/sig btw. *suddenly wants to go play Dream Drop Distance*)
Old August 19th, 2012, 04:08 AM
Nineray
Green Okido

23. Up until 5 minutes ago i thought that fly always had base power of 90 xD does anyone use Hm moves besides Surf and Fly. Strength I can never use despite the 80 base power...

3DS FC-5429-8520-6595

Old August 19th, 2012, 07:09 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

I had better moves in mind? xD idk with Soul Silver I learned how to basically bike everywhere so there was no need for Fly or for Surf. And if I really needed so I would just go to the PC and take someone out and put them back when I'm done.

(And thank you! ♥)

Hrmm... I've used strength before but I don't recall using it in recent games either haha. Especially not in White when you don't need it at all in order to complete the game. Or any HM really.
Forum Games

Gallery - DeviantArt
Old August 19th, 2012, 09:19 AM
darkpokeball

In White, I only used Fly and Surf xD. I used Cut for the slight moments that I needed it(some poor unused Patrat was in my party for like two seconds for the need of Cut.)

Last edited by darkpokeball; August 19th, 2012 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Forgot the 25 o.o
Old August 19th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Nineray
Green Okido

26 The poor hm slaves i have (patrat) he's in a box named useless as soon as i can delete cut I'm releasing him lol

3DS FC-5429-8520-6595

Old August 21st, 2012, 07:03 AM
darkpokeball

27. The fact that some people use Mews as HM slaves stinks. (No offence to Mew-HM Slavers), but come on! It's a ding-dang Mew! You'll probably only get one of 'em.
Old August 22nd, 2012, 06:37 AM
Nineray
Green Okido

28. True why do people bother goiing to get it if your only going to hm slave it. It can learn any move and they teach it hm moves. Thats what bibarel and tropius are for, wait that is what their for right....?

3DS FC-5429-8520-6595

Old August 22nd, 2012, 09:30 AM
darkpokeball

29. Bibarel and Tropius? Yeah, go ahead and make them HM slaves. On more than one occasion, I find myself with 2 HM slaves. But never, ever make Mew the slave(or your starter, but turning starters into HM slaves kind of depends...)
Old August 22nd, 2012, 03:08 PM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!

Nature: Quirky

Mew would be a great HM slave though, it learns them all o3o Although I guess I'm biased because I don't like using legendaries in my main team haha.
Old August 24th, 2012, 01:50 PM
darkpokeball

31. No. Mew is not meant to be a poor HM slave, should NOT be a HM slave, and it's cute.
Spoiler:
subaseka
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links