• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokemon: Crimson Version

How long should the first beta be?

• 1 Gym

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • 2 Gym

Votes: 26 89.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
OMG, ChikoritaMudkipz :O I thought you quitted hacking forever, please post more tile inserting tutorial on your channel, I am confused on which tile to replace.

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years
OMG, ChikoritaMudkipz :O I thought you quitted hacking forever, please post more tile inserting tutorial on your channel, I am confused on which tile to replace.

I think you either have the wrong thread, or.... Yeah, that's probably it. I could always help you with inserting tiles, but it sounds like you have the help you need, so.... adios, buddy.

EDIT: Scripting has started, major mapping is done up to Laikos City.

Last edited:

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years
Just finished writing some CSS. It's nowhere near complete, but you guys should check it out and tell me what you think. I'm working on colors, etc. It will be cmpletely finished probably before midnight US central time.

RetroRoller

Trailer Trash
Years
Finally, someone who shares my taste in tiles :3 It looks and sounds really cool. I'm glad you haven't used a crazy storyline where you gut hurled into the middle of it straight away or something with a gimmick such as "the apocalypse happened". There aren't many hacks like that nowadays - at least not since the days of Light Platinum and Flora Sky, hehe.

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years
Finally, someone who shares my taste in tiles :3 It looks and sounds really cool. I'm glad you haven't used a crazy storyline where you gut hurled into the middle of it straight away or something with a gimmick such as "the apocalypse happened". There aren't many hacks like that nowadays - at least not since the days of Light Platinum and Flora Sky, hehe.

Oh man, someone who gets me! Haha, I can't stand it when people make their hacks come off as all crazy and apocalyptic or intense. I'm just shooting for a deep Pokemon game, with cartoony and classic tiles. It's nice to have someone who agrees with where I want his hack to go. You, buddy, are getting a friend request right now.

EDIT: I just put a pokedex feature in the original thread. While it only has three or so Pokemon in it right now, that list will grow. Yes, I'm putting I-V gen in this hack. Suggestions will be duly noted, although most will not be included.

Last edited:

RetroRoller

Trailer Trash
Years
I often find myself trudging through tile sheets looking for bright-ish grass and path tiles - most are dull and depressing :P I'm expecting some beautiful landscapes ;)

Also, check out Jambo51's FireRed 649 Patch if you want to have IV & V gen in your hack, it's in early development but it works!

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years
I often find myself trudging through tile sheets looking for bright-ish grass and path tiles - most are dull and depressing :P I'm expecting some beautiful landscapes ;)

Also, check out Jambo51's FireRed 649 Patch if you want to have IV & V gen in your hack, it's in early development but it works!

Does it only patch over JPAN's engine? Because I'm not using that. :/

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
-BUMP- Teejer, I just wanted to tell you that I do need help with tiles on my extremely hard to do Emerald hack. Could you P.M me? And if you were to wanna persuade me not to do an emerald hack, PokemonMasters have tried all possible ways to stop me, so save your breath LOL.

RetroRoller

Trailer Trash
Years
-BUMP- Teejer, I just wanted to tell you that I do need help with tiles on my extremely hard to do Emerald hack. Could you P.M me? And if you were to wanna persuade me not to do an emerald hack, PokemonMasters have tried all possible ways to stop me, so save your breath LOL.

Erhmahgurd Emerald hacking

Does it only patch over JPAN's engine? Because I'm not using that. :/

But really, it might do, it doesn't say anything on the first post about it.

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years

Mmm, a bump. That's tasty. I may or may not send you a PM... actually I will. But I'm still gonna breath all over you, my breath is never saved.

Erhmahgurd Emerald hacking

:D

But really, it might do, it doesn't say anything on the first post about it.

I took a look, and although it would be incredibly useful when it is complete, at this point it would just complicate things for me since there's so much stuff I would have to work around. So, I'm probably not going to use it.

EDIT: The pokedex is complete. You can thank Oshawatt for that.

Last edited:

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years
One thing I should ask... is Demitri a well known guy, or is he just a random stranger? :P

He's probably about as well known as the main evil villain in the main Pokemon games. I mean, you don't know who he is right away, but there are certain people who definitely recognize him, and just about everyone from his home island knows him.

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years
Progress is going to be especially slow for a week or two since I'm starting school and I'm also trying to teach myself java while doing this.

If there's anyone who wants to help script, I would be more than happy for you to help out for a little while just to get the beta 1 up since I've done close to no scripting yet.

I don't need a scripter, I can do it myself, but this would definitely speed things along. I'll try to do my best to work on it, but its pretty difficult to juggle so much at once. So, if you are all wondering why the beta 1 is taking so long, this is why. Thanks for understanding!

EDIT: I finished the storyline for beta 1. I'll update the story in the main thread soon.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2023
Hey, If you need a beta tester I'll do it. I do online school so I have lots of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back