The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old Posted August 15th, 2012 (12:41 PM).
shinyabsol1
Pokemon DarkJasper!?

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saving Raven
I love your tileset, they look amazing and so fun, and i like the idea of travelling by water
Goodluck with your game! I cant wait to see more of this!
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendork15
Loving the world map!
Did you make it yourself?

It's just perfect, decent amount of land space, and the usual amount of required water areas.
Town amount is perfect and so is the shape!!

Well done, again!!
Thanks for the positive feedback! I did indeed make it myself. Glad you like the way it's set up, it changed a lot before this final form that you see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonMasters
the world map looks nice. (: anyways where is the starting town?
The starting town is in the top left corner of the map with the selection box around it.
Old Posted August 16th, 2012 (04:39 AM). Edited August 16th, 2012 by DrFuji.
GigaRayner12
Beginning Trainer

i have an idea for the name change. The name could be Pokemon Copper Version.
Old Posted August 16th, 2012 (03:14 PM).
shinyabsol1
Pokemon DarkJasper!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GigaRayner12
i have an idea for the name change. The name could be Pokemon Copper Version.
I believe that that name is already taken. Also, If I do decide to change the name it will (in all probability) NOT be a color/material, but rather something along the lines of some of the suggestions that SkyIsDarkBlue made on the previous page.
Old Posted August 17th, 2012 (12:00 AM). Edited August 17th, 2012 by Dimebag.
Dimebag

Nature: Gentle
Why didn't i post on this ?????? It's an awesome hack really good tiles,the features are also great ( like having dive and rock climb in fire red ) and the story is simple yet good to make someone play it.I really like it and im sure a lot of effort is put to make it like this.
What didn't see was a release .Will you release it when it's completed ?
For the name change you could rename it to pokemon aquamarine version ( if its not taken ) or pokemon water blue version i can't think anything else
For the battle textbox ( with the commands ) you could use orange and darker blue because light blue is kinda startling...
Anyways if you continue like that it will turn out great ! keep it up
Old Posted August 17th, 2012 (01:03 AM).
Pinkish Purple
五代目水影
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Yea, this hack is too unnoticed. You needa do something bout it.
Old Posted August 17th, 2012 (05:16 PM).
shinyabsol1
Pokemon DarkJasper!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gam3r!
Why didn't i post on this ?????? It's an awesome hack really good tiles,the features are also great ( like having dive and rock climb in fire red ) and the story is simple yet good to make someone play it.I really like it and im sure a lot of effort is put to make it like this.
What didn't see was a release .Will you release it when it's completed ?
For the name change you could rename it to pokemon aquamarine version ( if its not taken ) or pokemon water blue version i can't think anything else
For the battle textbox ( with the commands ) you could use orange and darker blue because light blue is kinda startling...
Anyways if you continue like that it will turn out great ! keep it up
Thanks for the feedback. I too was thinking that the colors of the textbox are a bit startling, so I probably will dull them down a bit.

As for a release, I do plan on there being a beta somewhat soon (perhaps as early as the end of September), with more to follow after that. I'll add a beta progress section to the first post sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkish Purple
Yea, this hack is too unnoticed. You needa do something bout it.
Perhaps you are right, but there's not much I can do about that other than to keep working hard.
Old Posted August 17th, 2012 (05:55 PM).
SK3
Pokemon Hacking Company™ CEO

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SK3
Noticed our hacks have sort-of similar plot motifs, the focus on dreams, which I like
From your screenshots I can tell that this is a hack of quality. Plus all the features you've added really put this hack in a good light. I look forward to playing this when this is released!

Pokemon
Daydream White version

Want to help out? Just PM or VM me!

Old Posted August 18th, 2012 (06:51 AM).
Pinkish Purple
五代目水影
Community Supporter

I think it is because of the name. Grab a cooler name to arouse more curiosity, think like how the players think. Just a suggestion, change the name ASAP.
Old Posted August 18th, 2012 (07:16 AM).
Grif of Hearts
Que sera sera~

Nature: Naive
This is quite a good looking hack. I don't often hang around the hacking section on this forum, but this happens to have caught my interest. I'll be sure to drop in every so often to see how things are going.

If you're thinking of putting in some Gen4/5 Pokemon I would thoroughly suggest adding the Musharna line or the Hypno line. After all, what better Pokemon to have in a story involving dreams than ones known for their dream-related powers?
Old Posted August 18th, 2012 (11:13 AM).
Dimebag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkish Purple View Post
I think it is because of the name. Grab a cooler name to arouse more curiosity, think like how the players think. Just a suggestion, change the name ASAP.
I don't think it's the name.It's got to be that members who are around rom hacking section are intrested for the moment in other hacks like dark rising ,Sky line ash gray and so on.Many of the progressing hacks have great potential ( including this of course ) Keep trying and your effort will pay off sometime later don't worry
Old Posted August 18th, 2012 (01:31 PM).
shinyabsol1
Pokemon DarkJasper!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK3
Noticed our hacks have sort-of similar plot motifs, the focus on dreams, which I like
From your screenshots I can tell that this is a hack of quality. Plus all the features you've added really put this hack in a good light. I look forward to playing this when this is released!
Thanks for the compliments. I noticed that our stories have similarities, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkish Purple
I'm not so sure about that. Lots of hacks have colors for names.
Regardless, I will still probably change the name since I'm not very thrilled about "Jasper". Probably not ASAP, though, I have really been focusing on more important things for this hack.

Quote:
I don't think it's the name.It's got to be that members who are around rom hacking section are intrested for the moment in other hacks like dark rising ,Sky line ash gray and so on.Many of the progressing hacks have great potential ( including this of course ) Keep trying and your effort will pay off sometime later don't worry
I would agree. Members are more focused on hacks that have betas they can play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grif of Hearts
This is quite a good looking hack. I don't often hang around the hacking section on this forum, but this happens to have caught my interest. I'll be sure to drop in every so often to see how things are going.
Thanks!

Quote:
If you're thinking of putting in some Gen4/5 Pokemon I would thoroughly suggest adding the Musharna line or the Hypno line. After all, what better Pokemon to have in a story involving dreams than ones known for their dream-related powers?
Both suggestions are already in the plans

---

I added a beta progress section to the bottom of the OP. If you look at it, you'll notice that scripting has barely started. That will change in the next few days when scripting finally gets going.

Expect an update pretty soon.
Old Posted August 18th, 2012 (06:51 PM).
Pinkish Purple
五代目水影
Community Supporter

Yea, for the beta part, you really have no choice... Anyways, if you need help, I'll be more than happy to give you some support don't think you're alone on this hack, just ask and people will get to you.
Old Posted August 21st, 2012 (07:41 PM).
shinyabsol1
Pokemon DarkJasper!?

Update!

Just a few screens to show what I've been working on...

^Screens from the opening event(s). The Team Rocket guy is just a placeholder for another overworld that I haven't inserted yet.

^Some shots of a couple of routes that I just completed.

^...aaaand the new cave battle background. Also, the color of the battle box has been darkened a bit.

---

That's all for now!
Old Posted August 22nd, 2012 (01:52 AM).
mavy42
I'm back, broz :)

bro, fullfilled is spelled as fulfilled. Man, the hack looks real good! VM me the legendary of the hack! I'ma make a userbar for you!
Old Posted August 22nd, 2012 (02:14 AM).
Dimebag

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyabsol1 View Post
Update!

Just a few screens to show what I've been working on...

^Screens from the opening event(s). The Team Rocket guy is just a placeholder for another overworld that I haven't inserted yet.

Is that a dive spot over there ?

^Some shots of a couple of routes that I just completed.

^...aaaand the new cave battle background. Also, the color of the battle box has been darkened a bit.

---

That's all for now!
Aside from fulfilled , prophecy is spelled wrong on that screen ( it says prophesy ) but i don't care about spelling errors much
Everything looks awesome man , and the textbox is great with the darker palletes !
Keep it up
Old Posted August 22nd, 2012 (02:30 AM).
Banjora Marxvile
Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da

Nature: Lonely

My only problem so far with the update that hasn't been mentioned is this. I love the background of the cave, but that text box colour just seems to clash a bit to me. Seems too bright for the cave. Sure, it works elsewhere, but not in that cave scenario. That's me really being picky though I guess.

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
Numb for pretentious pain
As he spins the wheel
There's no loss nor no gain...

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
Like Campari and Champagne
I'm on the rocks
Please tell me, What Is My Name?

Old Posted August 22nd, 2012 (03:19 AM).
Dimebag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjora Marxvile View Post

My only problem so far with the update that hasn't been mentioned is this. I love the background of the cave, but that text box colour just seems to clash a bit to me. Seems too bright for the cave. Sure, it works elsewhere, but not in that cave scenario. That's me really being picky though I guess.
It used to be a lot brighter....i think it's ok
Old Posted August 22nd, 2012 (03:21 AM).
PokemonMasters
Always Remember Forever&After

exactly how long will the 1st beta be? or like how many gyms?

+ForeverDash on PC's Battle Server | Pair | VM/PM |Partner In Crime
Old Posted August 22nd, 2012 (03:43 AM).
SkyIsDarkBlue
Unhatched Egg

Pokemon Crimson, Blue Flames and Jasper really inspire me. I'm gonna send the fakemon to mavy to make a banner and I am going to start on my own hack!!!
Old Posted August 22nd, 2012 (09:47 AM).
MegaKuriboh

Nature: Adamant
Those screenshots look awesome! Looking forward to the release!
Old Posted August 22nd, 2012 (01:30 PM).
shinyabsol1
Pokemon DarkJasper!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavy42
bro, fullfilled is spelled as fulfilled. Man, the hack looks real good! VM me the legendary of the hack! I'ma make a userbar for you!
Quote:
Aside from fulfilled , prophecy is spelled wrong on that screen ( it says prophesy ) but i don't care about spelling errors much
Everything looks awesome man , and the textbox is great with the darker palletes !
Keep it up
lol, my typing kind of sucks, and without spell check in the notepad document I was working in, I missed these errors. Although I could have sworn that I fixed the prophecy mistake...
I'm going to type in Word from now on.

Thanks for the comments, both of you!

Quote:
Is that a dive spot over there ?
Yes, it is. Dive should be ready for the first beta!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjora Marxvile
Thanks for the feedback!

The colors seemed a bit "clashy" to me too at first, but the longer I looked at it, the more I didn't mind it. The colors don't clash so much with the grass bb, and I like it when combined with that, so I'll probably leave it alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonMasters
exactly how long will the 1st beta be? or like how many gyms?
As of right now, my plan is to have the beta only go through the first gym, but with plenty of other events to make the play time longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyIsDarkBlue
Pokemon Crimson, Blue Flames and Jasper really inspire me. I'm gonna send the fakemon to mavy to make a banner and I am going to start on my own hack!!!
Glad to be part of your inspiration. Go for it! Best of luck to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Kevin
Those screenshots look awesome! Looking forward to the release!
Thanks!

---

Well, I haven't had much success finding a new title that I like, so for now I am going to stick with Jasper Version as the title. If I can come up with something else that I like, I'll switch it, but right now Jasper is in (thanks for the suggestions, those who gave some).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavy42
I'ma make a userbar for you!
Go right ahead, especially now that Jasper will for sure be the title for now.
Old Posted August 23rd, 2012 (05:16 AM).
Gerokunz

Woah, beautiful screenshots!
This is interesting hack!
Good luck with your hack!
Old Posted August 28th, 2012 (01:08 PM).
LCCoolJ95
Limited Capacity

Nature: Naive
The incorporation of more field moves sounds cool.
Old Posted August 29th, 2012 (01:39 AM).
Dimebag

Hey how's progress going ?
Old Posted August 29th, 2012 (04:15 PM).
shinyabsol1
Pokemon DarkJasper!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerokunz
Woah, beautiful screenshots!
This is interesting hack!
Good luck with your hack!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCCoolJ95
The incorporation of more field moves sounds cool.
Thanks

Quote:
Hey how's progress going ?
Well, it was smooth until a few days ago when I discovered an awful bug. Due to JPAN's overworld hack that I applied, surf has ceased to function, and (so far) I have been unable to fix this problem. So unless I can do that , it looks like I will have to start over on a clean rom, reinserting all the stuff that I already did. I still have all the files for this task, so it should be easy to do, just very time consuming.

I was planning to post an update in the next few days, but that will no longer happen because I need to get this sorted out first.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links