Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

View Poll Results: Favorite Unovian Bridge?
Skyarrow Bridge 19 38.00%
Driftveil Drawbridge 5 10.00%
Tubeline Bridge 5 10.00%
Village Bridge 16 32.00%
Marvelous Bridge 5 10.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 19th, 2012, 07:10 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Nature: Lonely
So what is your favorite bridge in Unova, and why? Is it the music, the dynamic, the view? Do you love the look of it, or it's functionality?

But don't stop there! What's your opinion on the bridges of Unova. They play a central part to the game, the storyline, and the region. Do you love them, do you hate them...

Discuss!
Old August 19th, 2012, 09:33 PM
Katie the Friendly Ghost
I like rain.

Nature: Adamant
I thought it was neat how there were so many bridges in the game, which really contributed to the improved graphics. I particularly liked the Village Bridge, which was the one with the houses (correct me if I'm wrong)?
Old August 19th, 2012, 11:16 PM
wirbinspastic

Nature: Quirky
I think the Skyarrow Bridge has to be my favorite. The first time you go on it is so awesome! The way the wind blows and the camera zooms really adds to the effect, plus the music is really good too.
Old August 20th, 2012, 12:22 AM
Fruits Punch Samurai G
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wirbinspastic View Post
I think the Skyarrow Bridge has to be my favorite. The first time you go on it is so awesome! The way the wind blows and the camera zooms really adds to the effect, plus the music is really good too.
Really? I feel the music kinda steals the whole atmosphere from the bridge.

The Driftveil Drawbridge is my personal favorite. It feels like it separates another part of the region, and that feeling is pretty cool. It even has its own cutscene!
Old August 20th, 2012, 01:10 AM
pleb
Booted out - don't be like me!

Skyarrow bridge since it helps me hatch eggs like my klink, now a klinklang and my spearow (now a fearow) with tri-attack and uproar. It's a great place to do that. And the view's great!
Old August 20th, 2012, 04:09 AM
Grif of Hearts
Que sera sera~

Nature: Naive
The Village bridge might just take the cake. Skyarrow comes at a close section, but I think that in a region of spiralling towers and vast cities (assuming you're playing Pokemon Black) the old and ornate look of the Village bridge was a breath of fresh air in the region.
Old August 20th, 2012, 06:06 AM
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter

Skyarrow Bridge for me cos I love how well they handled the graphics on it.

I mean, it looks so awesome! Definitely one of my fave landmarks in Unova not to mention I ride my bike a lot when I need to hatch my eggs!
Old August 20th, 2012, 06:21 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Tubeline Bridge was a waste of space. Even though the other four didn't have problems, the only one worth keeping for good is the Skyarrow Bridge. They made the grande entrance into a grande city. While the idea of Village Bridge is cool, it feels more like a Route/Town mix that is unnatural to the games, and Driftveil could stay as a means of catching Ducklett to evolve to Swanna. Tubeline can go, as could Village, though with Unova being bigger, this could fit in somewhere, heck, maybe connected to Anville Town with a long-ass Route north of where Route 8 is? The water could have just looped around the Entralink here (Route 11 could connect to it via that small river, turn it into part of the bigger river and add normal barrier rocks) and the area above have no water, except perhaps a separate one coming down along Anville Town and exiting west, providing another use for Village Bridge with another (water?) Route between it and Anville).

I feel we had this bridge discussion only a month ago, BTW...I remember giving bridge opinions shortly after joining.

Cyclone
"Y'know...my Emolga really wants to shock your Dedenne."

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old August 20th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Mentalii
Back

Nature: Gentle
Village Bridge. I love the song so much... I could listen to it all day.

Old August 20th, 2012, 12:39 PM
MIAU
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Definitely Village Bridge, for two reasons: beautiful music and it reminds me of Ponte Vecchio in Florence.
Old August 20th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Bourne-mouth
Trainer

Nature: Serious
It'll be the Village Bridge. Everytime I get there, I stop and listen to the music whilst unknowingly wasting 15 minutes of my time.
Old August 22nd, 2012, 02:41 AM
Kotowari
Will be back eventually
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Calm
Village Bridge.
Like others, I just love the music and the general atmosphere of that place. It's fun trying to find the other musicians which add to the tune that's being played.
On my second play-through I noticed one of the Game Freak people in Castelia said they implemented several ways of influencing the music, Village bridge was the first thought that came to me.

"We shall build a peaceful world... Just you and me..."
Old August 22nd, 2012, 10:04 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

I loved Village Bridge, there was tonnes to do and it was exciting to be there <3 But whilst we're on the subject, I have two questions! What was up with that weird disappearing lady on Marvellous Bridge? And what was the gangster/thug thing about on Tubeline Bridge, do they ever show up? o3o
Old August 22nd, 2012, 03:05 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post
I loved Village Bridge, there was tonnes to do and it was exciting to be there <3 But whilst we're on the subject, I have two questions! What was up with that weird disappearing lady on Marvellous Bridge? And what was the gangster/thug thing about on Tubeline Bridge, do they ever show up? o3o
The lady you refer to might be the one who owns several Digletts who, upon being spoken to on Village Bridge in a house, suddenly takes off and appears on Marvellous Bridge doing some dance routine. Does that sound right?

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old August 22nd, 2012, 11:52 PM
Forever
let it go

Or maybe he means the Abra girl who just... disappears who people speculated was a ghost of an Abra! lool.

ANYWAY SO LIKE GUYS my favourite is Skyarrow (I remember how I disliked the name at first lmao) and TUBELINE was quite sexy, and so was Village Bridge. The other ones were kinda boring to me and Skyarrow made me think very happy thoughts. Actually it was more the designs than what the bridges actually offered tbh. If it was for what they offered, I'd probably pick Tubeline CAUSE BLACK EMPOLEON!

OH AND yes they needed more involvement in the storyline and Village Bridge would've worked as a city. :3
I'm paired with and in love with Frizy ♥
Old August 23rd, 2012, 12:52 PM
Perico
Ripper

Nature: Gentle
Skyarrow Bridge is likely the best one because of its design, because you feel like you're going to reach the sky (and find a Reshiram flying lol) and because of the visual effects.

I like Driftveil Drawbridge too. I like the shadow of flying Pokemon (at first I thought they were diving in the bridge lol) and the cry of Charizard can be heard.

Allez, hop!
Old September 2nd, 2012, 09:02 AM
Cassino
no

Skyarrow is both impressive and practical since it's a good egg-hatcing location.
As mentioned before, the camera angles and the like show it off the best of any bridge. I first crossed it at night, at which time I still think it looks best.
Old September 2nd, 2012, 09:13 AM
Patchisou Yutohru
Community Supporter

Village Bridge. I don't know why, I just prefer it.

I highly dislike Skyarrow Bridge. I find the camera angle changes to be extremely unnecessary and don't find them enjoyable - the constant cutting from one angle to another gives me a headache. If it didn't have those camera angle changes and those cuts, it would probably be my favorite because I like it's design. I also dislike Tubeline Bridge because it's very ugly and Driftveil Drawbridge because the music freaks me out.

I'm not really sure how the bridges play a central part in the game. They could easily be replaced with routes or something and nothing will really change. They don't affect the plot in the least.
Old September 2nd, 2012, 09:41 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchisou Yutohru View Post
I'm not really sure how the bridges play a central part in the game. They could easily be replaced with routes or something and nothing will really change. They don't affect the plot in the least.
To be fair, they are conveniently unavailable at various times, tying their access into the plot in some fashion. For instance, you can't go through the forest to Skyarrow until you beat Lenora (to get rid of one batch of grunts) and recover the skull (Burgh stands at the end of the forest and sends you the long way), restricting access to all the storyline in Castelia. Driftveil is raised to allow ships through (and stays that way until you clear Elesa at Nimbasa), and its lowering is deemed by Clay to cause grunts to run amuck in Cold Storage and it's your fault. Tubeline is just conveniently under construction until you clear the Icirrus Gym, as is Marvellous until Ghetsis is cleared following the E4. Village Bridge seems to be the only bridge not requiring service.

Cyclone

Old September 2nd, 2012, 12:22 PM
Patchisou Yutohru
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
To be fair, they are conveniently unavailable at various times, tying their access into the plot in some fashion. For instance, you can't go through the forest to Skyarrow until you beat Lenora (to get rid of one batch of grunts) and recover the skull (Burgh stands at the end of the forest and sends you the long way), restricting access to all the storyline in Castelia. Driftveil is raised to allow ships through (and stays that way until you clear Elesa at Nimbasa), and its lowering is deemed by Clay to cause grunts to run amuck in Cold Storage and it's your fault. Tubeline is just conveniently under construction until you clear the Icirrus Gym, as is Marvellous until Ghetsis is cleared following the E4. Village Bridge seems to be the only bridge not requiring service.

Cyclone
I'd hardly tie the particular bridges to the plot simply because you need to do this this and this before you can cross it. That's the same for most of Unova, since it's just one long path with very little chance to explore further until you beat an area beforehand.
Old September 2nd, 2012, 12:34 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Nature: Lonely
^^Well that's not entirely true. Once surf is acquired (albeit after the 6th gym) a lot of new areas open up for you to explore. And I'd say the bridges are essential, how would you get from Nacrene to Castelia if not for Skyarrow bridge? Sure there could have just been a route, but then that would've changed the entire geography of the region. And like Cyclone said, the Driftveil Drawbridge is important because otherwise achunk of the story is left out.

As for my favorite bridge, I'm going to have to say...tubeline. I really like the music, and the construction of it is really cool. It also feels like YOU are on the bridge, moreso than the other bridges. Plus its fun to hear/see the trucks/buses/trains (or whatever those vehicles are :P) going underneath you! :D
Old September 2nd, 2012, 02:02 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolurkIsDaBomb View Post
As for my favorite bridge, I'm going to have to say...tubeline. I really like the music, and the construction of it is really cool. It also feels like YOU are on the bridge, moreso than the other bridges. Plus its fun to hear/see the trucks/buses/trains (or whatever those vehicles are ) going underneath you! :D
Having just been reading about Anville Town, I can confidently say the worker talking about trains in the trainyard refers to the Single Train (green) from the Battle Subway as being the one that travels under the Tubeline Bridge.

Cyclone

Old September 3rd, 2012, 03:48 AM
chella182
Drowzee

Nature: Rash
Got to be Skyarrow Bridge for me, closely followed by Village Bridge. Skyarrow was just so... different to anything that had been done in Pokémon before to me. And Village Bridge was just pretty :D
Still young but no longer impressionable.

Old September 4th, 2012, 03:00 PM
CriticalKYUC
Beginning Trainer

My favorite part of Unova was the full Pokemon animations. It felt so good watching them when you battle, and it made it feel better when you battle.

I felt they did a good job with the bridges but it could be improved. I felt like they slowed you down on SkyArrow Bridge, and the background for the city was poorly made. I also dislike how you see cars/trucks on/under the bridges but never in the game itself. What roles do they play, how do they work.>

I was disappointed that there was so few NPCs on the bridges, and the ones that were had pointless dialog.

And the camera felt so unfluid to me, it made me know the engine was at it's limits.

I personally think Ledian should be Bug/Fighting and Farfetch'd should be Flying/Fighting.
Old September 4th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Hume
la tristesse durera

Nature: Docile
Village Bridge is a really interesting concept, and ultimately completely sets it apart from the the other Unova bridges. So that's where my vote went.

In general though, I really appreciate the bridge theme. I'm just grateful they weren't mandatory water routes.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links