The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.


Advertise here

View Poll Results: Reshiram or Zekrom
Reshiram 26 70.27%
Zekrom 11 29.73%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old August 21st, 2012, 05:39 AM
kenshin-'s Avatar
kenshin-
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Belgium
Age: 30
Gender: Male

Advertise here
Hi, I don't find a thread like this, thus, I make one.

So, Which one do your prefer ? Why (just the body, the skin color) ?

Which moove pool do you prefer ?


...

Don't say the twins

We suppose you are N and you have to choose one (We don't considerate the version white or black).




I prefer the black color, and the form of Zekrom (The one that we can see on the main page). I prefer also his eyescolor.


But I am a great fan of Fire Type. So, I choose Reshiram as my favourite.

For the moove pool, I don't remember excatly, but I think about his "ultimate" fire attack. With an ct flame-thrower. + One dragon attack (I hesitate which one) andthe last, I don't know (dragon attack or another).

- Ultimate fire attack (of Reshiram the attack with benefith alliance with the same attack for Zekrom)
- Flame-Thrower
- Dragon attack (I don't know exactly which one)
- Dragon attack or another attack. (I am not in situation, I have the time to think about it).
__________________
I'm not English. Don't hesitate to correct me. This is the way I can progress.
Black team :

Last edited by kenshin-; August 21st, 2012 at 05:55 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2    
Old August 21st, 2012, 08:01 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb's Avatar
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Somewhere In America
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
To be honest, legendaries aren't my favorite, but Zekrom/Reshiram(/Kyurem) are pretty good.

I like Zekrom's design better, although I've come to appreciate Reshiram's in due time. Zekrom's is better executed, I feel and more...solid.(?) Reshiram has those weird: Wings! But wait, there's more! If you order now, we'll throw in some HANDS jutting out from the wings! Only $19.95! (in essence I don't like the wing-arm things Reshiram has geesh) Also, I like Zekrom's body design, and black is just cooler I guess lol. Plus I like Zekrom's little blue tip!

I think Reshiram has the better typing/movepool/stats with it's typing, though I'm not a competitive battler so correct me if I'm wrong. Plus, Reshiram's signature moves look cooler.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3    
Old August 21st, 2012, 08:29 PM
Snowdrop's Avatar
Snowdrop
Throw a blanket over it!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Fishbowl Space
Gender: Female
Nature: Jolly
Zekrom, definitely. I like his design much more (although Reshiram's design kicks butt, too) and I don't mind him being a dominantly physical attacker. His special attack is still decent, too. And lastly I like the electric element more than fire in this case.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4    
Old August 22nd, 2012, 01:09 AM
pleb
Booted out - don't be like me!
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Zekrom because he's awesomer.
Reply With Quote
  #5    
Old August 22nd, 2012, 04:38 AM
kenshin-'s Avatar
kenshin-
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Belgium
Age: 30
Gender: Male
I'm ok with you.

Zekrom has a nice body design. I'm loving the red eyes which cut radically with his black body. I think it's a pity that reshiram don't look more like a dragon.

Certainly, he has a resemblance with a dragon but in view of Zekrom, he is disadvantaged.

Furthermore, if we follow the story, both made only one, at first. Thus, they should be almost similar with the exception of their type, their skin color as well as of the color of the eyes.

Finally, I find that the blue of the eyes of reshiram do not make good with the whole character. I would have preferred that he has orange eyes.


Nevertheless, I prefer reshiram at the level of the fight, because I prefer the type fire.

He is from my favorite type, and is not bad.

Obviously, if he was bad, besides not being "as well aggressive" as Zekrom, I would have chosen the legendary of the lightning.
__________________
I'm not English. Don't hesitate to correct me. This is the way I can progress.
Black team :
Reply With Quote
  #6    
Old August 22nd, 2012, 06:29 AM
Mentalii's Avatar
Mentalii
Back
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: France
Age: 19
Gender: Female
Nature: Gentle
Reshiram all the way. Its design is ok, while Zekrom's awful. That's enough for me, a legendary must have a decent design. Reshiram has the look of a legendary, Zekrom doesn't.
I can't judge Zekrom in battle, since I've never used it, and don't plan to try. Anyway, for my team, Reshiram types were more interesting than Zekrom's.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #7    
Old August 22nd, 2012, 04:23 PM
AsheDD's Avatar
AsheDD
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Seattle
Gender: Female
Nature: Bashful
Reshiram for me. I love fire types but also I love his angelic look + stoic/strong appearance.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8    
Old August 22nd, 2012, 08:02 PM
xelarator's Avatar
xelarator
Gentlemen.
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: In Las Vegas waiting for it to snow.
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
I do agree with Ashe, Reshiram looks angelic and strong, a PERFECT look for a legendary. Plus I am a fire-type fanatic, Fire all the way,baby.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9    
Old August 22nd, 2012, 08:34 PM
PlatinumDude's Avatar
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Canada
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Reshiram all the way. It looks very majestic and it's stupidly powerful in conjunction with Turboblaze and unresisted STABs.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #10    
Old August 22nd, 2012, 11:44 PM
Forever's Avatar
Forever
let it go
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: http://goo.my/server
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Added a poll, by the way! n_n I feel like these threads need polls (also, since it concerns just the mascots, the weekly poll rule doesn't apply for anyone wanting to remake old weekly poll threads... in case anybody was thinking deeply about this lmao).

Zekrom for me! I love its design, despite the fact that the Kyurem forme of Reshiram is my avatar BUT NEVERTHELESS THAT DOES NOT COUNT HERE! Zekrom actually has a pretty awesome design and I like the attack animations ESPECIALLY FOR FUSION BOLT it is amazing <333

Althoughhhh in a battle, Reshiram would unfortunately win because it can make full use of Draco Meteor while Zekrom cannot. ;__;

Zekrom was also a great companion in White for me. :3 Everyone should go get a Zekrom on me tbh.
__________________
I'm paired with and in love with Frizy ♥
Reply With Quote
  #11    
Old August 23rd, 2012, 06:00 AM
kenshin-'s Avatar
kenshin-
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Belgium
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Thanks Requility to add a poll. I didn't dare.

Well, I think about it : "Everyone shloud go get a Zekrom".


I see a man who didn't let me enter in a cave (before I beat the league). I suppose it's the one for kyurem. But Should I have the second legendary to find him ?
__________________
I'm not English. Don't hesitate to correct me. This is the way I can progress.
Black team :
Reply With Quote
  #12    
Old August 23rd, 2012, 06:06 AM
Forever's Avatar
Forever
let it go
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: http://goo.my/server
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshin- View Post
Thanks Requility to add a poll. I didn't dare.

Well, I think about it : "Everyone shloud go get a Zekrom".


I see a man who didn't let me enter in a cave (before I beat the league). I suppose it's the one for kyurem. But Should I have the second legendary to find him ?
Before the league the only cave you'd be referring to would be Cobalion (on Route 6, yeah?), and Kyurem is post-game. You don't need both legendaries to get it, nor do you need just one. :)

Also I really think we should get more Zekrom support here, because Reshiram is kinda overrated! ZEKROM CAN SHOCK YOU TO DEATH RESHIRAM, ALL YOU CAN DO IS SET ZEKROM ON FIRE. :(
__________________
I'm paired with and in love with Frizy ♥
Reply With Quote
  #13    
Old August 23rd, 2012, 06:46 AM
kenshin-'s Avatar
kenshin-
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Belgium
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Hi,

No, I've found cobalion and their friends before the league.


I don't want to spoil anymore but this is the cave with a 'karateka' design character who stop us and said the master come sometimes to train him here...

It's between the 'train road' and the dragon town...


I think kyurem is there because I don't see another cave. And It was the same with Virizion (a man still to block the road and said : I feel the presence of a powerful pokemon). So if this man block the cave it's probably because there's a powerful pokemon... like kyurem. (It couldn't be Cobalion, Virizion, Terrakion or Tornadus because I caught them so there are only two solutions).

This cave contains the most powerful pokemon. (pokemon with higher level in the game)
Or this cave contains a legendary pokemon.

I think about the second. The unova champion don't go there if this cave weren't an important place...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Requility
ZEKROM CAN SHOCK YOU TO DEATH RESHIRAM, ALL YOU CAN DO IS SET ZEKROM ON FIRE
And you forgot that Reshiram could easily beat the little Zekrom
I remember during my first game on White and Black.
I had easily won my battle with Reshiram and It was hardest with Zekrom.

Nevertheless the configuration was the same. N had his dragon at the level 52 and I had mine at the level 50.
__________________
I'm not English. Don't hesitate to correct me. This is the way I can progress.
Black team :
Reply With Quote
  #14    
Old August 23rd, 2012, 07:44 AM
Forever's Avatar
Forever
let it go
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: http://goo.my/server
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshin- View Post
Hi,

No, I've found cobalion and their friends before the league. ;)


I don't want to spoil anymore but this is the cave with a 'karateka' design character who stop us and said the master come sometimes to train him here...

It's between the 'train road' and the dragon town...


I think kyurem is there because I don't see another cave. And It was the same with Virizion (a man still to block the road and said : I feel the presence of a powerful pokemon). So if this man block the cave it's probably because there's a powerful pokemon... like kyurem. (It couldn't be Cobalion, Virizion, Terrakion or Tornadus because I caught them so there are only two solutions).

This cave contains the most powerful pokemon. (pokemon with higher level in the game)
Or this cave contains a legendary pokemon.

I think about the second. The unova champion don't go there if this cave weren't an important place...

And you forgot that Reshiram could easily beat the little Zekrom ;)
I remember during my first game on White and Black.
I had easily won my battle with Reshiram and It was hardest with Zekrom.

Nevertheless the configuration was the same. N had his dragon at the level 52 and I had mine at the level 50.
Oh now I know where you're on about! Unfortunately nothing is found there. :( It's quite disappointing but there's nothing there whatsoever. It's misleading, yeah, but nothing within - Kyurem is somewhere else in the region in -another- cave. Sorry!

And yeah, well Reshiram could beat Zekrom buuuuut in general it'd be more logical because Zekrom looks more badass and has a better design. Reshiram just looks like an awkward angel!! :(
__________________
I'm paired with and in love with Frizy ♥
Reply With Quote
  #15    
Old August 23rd, 2012, 08:19 AM
Xeninacra's Avatar
Xeninacra
Ripper
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Gender: Male
Nature: Gentle
Until now, I believed that Zekrom was the overrated one. Everyone I know hates Reshiram. I could've liked Zekrom better if its tail had been different. Just makes him look like a turbojet (it actually is). And yes, Resiram may look like an angel and its tail may look like a turbojet too (not that much), but its face looks more like a dragon to me.

PS: By the way, have you ever tried imagining a White Zekrom and Black Reshiram? LOL
__________________

Allez, hop!
Reply With Quote
  #16    
Old August 23rd, 2012, 09:41 AM
kenshin-'s Avatar
kenshin-
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Belgium
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Well, Quick answer about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeninacra
PS: By the way, have you ever tried imagining a White Zekrom and Black Reshiram? LOL
Yeah, I've already thought about it since I know that B/W 2 will have the same legendary, but in two colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requility
Oh now I know where you're on about! Unfortunately nothing is found there. It's quite disappointing but there's nothing there whatsoever. It's misleading, yeah, but nothing within - Kyurem is somewhere else in the region in -another- cave. Sorry!

And yeah, well Reshiram could beat Zekrom buuuuut in general it'd be more logical because Zekrom looks more badass and has a better design. Reshiram just looks like an awkward angel!!
What could I say about this. I'm disappointed to read that Kyurem is not there. But nevertheless I think I'll go to level up my pokemon.

Exactly, you speak about angel. I don't know if you've already seen the cover of the movie Angel and Devils (movie pulled by the novel of Dan Brown); on the cover, we see a statue at the middle-angel the middle devil. Meaning that both are a part of a whole (a little as the symbol of the yin and the yang).

I think that Zekrom and Reshiram are the same. Both parts of the same pokemon (as we know), a part dark and the other part the light (in other words the angel and the devil).

You're right when you say that Reshiram is like an angel. Of course, I think it's boring for the white version with the game. Indeed, in this one, N control exactly the part of the light. Thus, we control the dark part; and it's a little goes against the spirit of the hero.

"
__________________
I'm not English. Don't hesitate to correct me. This is the way I can progress.
Black team :
Reply With Quote
  #17    
Old August 23rd, 2012, 04:39 PM
Cyclone's Avatar
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requility View Post
Althoughhhh in a battle, Reshiram would unfortunately win because it can make full use of Draco Meteor while Zekrom cannot. ;__;
Tell that to my Reshiram, who was the unfortunate victim of two crits. in its first two battles. I boxed it immediately.

Besides, if I really need them, I can always import the one that is not found in my choice of game. Due to all the White Forest exclusivity in the first set, I will go for White this time and import a Zekrom if needed somewhere, but in keeping with the spirit of the game (legendaries appearing later) I will only use it outside of storyline battles.

Cyclone
__________________
"Y'know...my Emolga really wants to shock your Dedenne."

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Reply With Quote
  #18    
Old August 23rd, 2012, 07:19 PM
Forever's Avatar
Forever
let it go
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: http://goo.my/server
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshin- View Post
Exactly, you speak about angel. I don't know if you've already seen the cover of the movie Angel and Devils (movie pulled by the novel of Dan Brown); on the cover, we see a statue at the middle-angel the middle devil. Meaning that both are a part of a whole (a little as the symbol of the yin and the yang).

I think that Zekrom and Reshiram are the same. Both parts of the same pokemon (as we know), a part dark and the other part the light (in other words the angel and the devil).

You're right when you say that Reshiram is like an angel. Of course, I think it's boring for the white version with the game. Indeed, in this one, N control exactly the part of the light. Thus, we control the dark part; and it's a little goes against the spirit of the hero.

^_^"
I think it had too many features to properly project the whole angel thing ;( Personally I think it'd be a better angel if it's wings weren't as wide and stuff and it didn't have that tail and if it was skinnier overall :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeninacra View Post
Until now, I believed that Zekrom was the overrated one. Everyone I know hates Reshiram. I could've liked Zekrom better if its tail had been different. Just makes him look like a turbojet (it actually is). And yes, Resiram may look like an angel and its tail may look like a turbojet too (not that much), but its face looks more like a dragon to me.

PS: By the way, have you ever tried imagining a White Zekrom and Black Reshiram? LOL
Well Reshiram's tail looks like a cigarette lighter - Turbo jet wins out tbh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
Tell that to my Reshiram, who was the unfortunate victim of two crits. in its first two battles. I boxed it immediately.

Besides, if I really need them, I can always import the one that is not found in my choice of game. Due to all the White Forest exclusivity in the first set, I will go for White this time and import a Zekrom if needed somewhere, but in keeping with the spirit of the game (legendaries appearing later) I will only use it outside of storyline battles.

Cyclone
Oh yes go crits! n___n Sadly that's Zekrom's only way to win though!
__________________
I'm paired with and in love with Frizy ♥
Reply With Quote
  #19    
Old August 25th, 2012, 02:49 PM
kenshin-'s Avatar
kenshin-
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Belgium
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Absolutely... Zekrom would win the battle... only by default. If reshiram doesn't come to fight or if Reshiram is sleeping at this time.

The Reshiram's tail seems like a turbo jet reactor. To fly an harrier (I'm not sure about two 'r' in the name of this fighter) use fire in his reactor. Not thunder.

Zekrom is good enough to work for a battery maker. I heard that Duracell want to engage him.

It'a joke I make a party to obtain him... also because I think I would need him to have kyurem.

But I'm not interested by his electric type.
__________________
I'm not English. Don't hesitate to correct me. This is the way I can progress.
Black team :
Reply With Quote
  #20    
Old August 25th, 2012, 06:47 PM
AquaKoiFish's Avatar
AquaKoiFish
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Gender: Female
I like Reshiram~
mainly for his design, and just the way his body kinda "flows" in the anime.
idk why but I like a lot of pokemon for the way they just kinda move. o3o
Reply With Quote
  #21    
Old August 26th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Sodapop's Avatar
Sodapop
Pokemon Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Pallet Town
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Its a huge surprise to me that people like Reshiram so much. In
my opinion I'd prefer Zekrom any day. Like first off, the design is awesomer,
Zekrom is the first pokemon to have blue electricity to my knowledge, Reshiram
isn't that original with its blue fire, Because doesn't Ho-Oh have Sacred Fire,
Thats blue.
__________________
"I'll become a Pokemon Trainer, then nobody will be a burden to me!"
Reply With Quote
  #22    
Old August 28th, 2012, 01:00 AM
RedDire's Avatar
RedDire
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New York City
Gender: Female
Nature: Quiet
Ok, this is easy to answer.

Reshiram, may have a slightly worse design when you compare it to Zekrom
But Reshiram, is the better Pokemon. Why?

Simply put, all his stats (excluding speed) are better then those of Zekrom's.
Which is why I chose Pokemon Black.

By the way, Reshiram's tail is a turbine.

Last edited by RedDire; August 28th, 2012 at 01:01 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Reply With Quote
  #23    
Old August 28th, 2012, 01:10 AM
Hikamaru's Avatar
Hikamaru
I won't look back
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Australia
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Nature: Quirky
I go with Reshiram. Why?



It has better stats than Zekrom, has a beautiful design and I love special attackers in general. Plus, Reshiram is underrated.

And in my case, I even got a beneficial nature on mine.

That's why I picked Pokemon Black.
__________________


paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | twl | profile | supporter

Reply With Quote
  #24    
Old August 28th, 2012, 01:10 AM
RedDire's Avatar
RedDire
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New York City
Gender: Female
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshin- View Post
Absolutely... Zekrom would win the battle... only by default. If reshiram doesn't come to fight or if Reshiram is sleeping at this time.

The Reshiram's tail seems like a turbo jet reactor. To fly an harrier (I'm not sure about two 'r' in the name of this fighter) use fire in his reactor. Not thunder.

Zekrom is good enough to work for a battery maker. I heard that Duracell want to engage him.

It'a joke I make a party to obtain him... also because I think I would need him to have kyurem.

But I'm not interested by his electric type.
Don't worry you don't need any of the legendary to get Kyurem, although, you would need only ONE of them if you'd like to fuse Kyurem and (said legendary) together.
Reply With Quote
  #25    
Old August 28th, 2012, 04:12 AM
rodrigo296's Avatar
rodrigo296
Awful Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Azores, Portugal
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
When I went out to buy Pokémon B/W, I was hoping for White (because I thought Zekrom was way 'cooler' than Reshiram), but then I realized the store I was in didn't have it, so I ended up buying Black. Which was disappointing for me. >:[

However! Then I took a peek at these two bad guys' stats and I actually thought Reshiram was better. Then, after capturing him (and after having battled N), I realized he (it?) looked waaay better than Zekrom after all. Plus, dragon + fire = awesome combination, in my opinion.

So, yeah, Reshiram all the way for me! :D
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Advertise here
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 06:14 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.