The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 21st, 2012, 08:26 PM
Stingray
This armor... I hate it

*Looks at ytfeL's post*

Sigh... right as I'm working on a Sci-Fi/Fantasy like RP someone else is. I wanted to try something different... well maybe different, I don't keep track with all the RPs on here so not sure it’s that original or not... Anyway thought I would post the rough draft of the story and role for feedback. There is more going on but I fear giving too much away in the first post, but at the same time need to make it interesting.

Spoiler:

Story:

This is the world of Eden, a wondrous world of a mixture of magic, nature, fantasy and technology. Many different races call this planet our home and for the most part we all live in harmony under the careful guidance of our gods. They saved us from ourselves hundreds of years ago when all of our races were warring among ourselves. They gave us technology to improve our lives and guide us away from things that would harm us. For some of us select few lucky devotees, they even choose us to ascend to the stars and reach an existence we can only dream of.

Do not listen to these lies they are not gods are nothing more than our whip handlers… they only seek to dominate and consume us for their own power.

Like I said we live for “most part” in harmony, this is because of the demons and their corrupted servants, who only seek to destroy our world and bring all into chaos. To protect ourselves from these monsters we have established at special fighting force, which are gifted by our gods. These knights, clerics, purifiers, mages, defenders, and hunters are a beacon of light that hunts down and destroys the darkness that threatens our world. These brave men and women come from different walks in life and from different races to protect our world from the demons and their thralls. These individuals are the bringers of light and chosen of the gods they are the Guardians.

Role:

You are a member of the Guardians. An organization devoted to protecting Eden from the demons and their corrupted thralls. You will seek out the darkness no matter where it hides and destroy it. Beware these enemies are not easily destroyed and you will be required to work together to defeat them.

Fight for the wolves you blind sheep…

------

Ok idea is an integration of technology and fantasy elements (well it worked for Final Fantasy...) in the same RP (Its suppose to be balanced so guns will not own all).

So far there are 4 planned playable races (Humans, Elves, and 2 yet to be named others) with the ability for players to create their own if they so desire (I have to approve it though). Another thing is that each race will have strengths and weaknesses to make them more unique (other than humans who are more jack of all trades master of none).

Also the idea is the players don't have to follow the path of being a Guardian the entire time (just starting out there to get everyone together and as a good starting point for the story). As the story goes they can make their own decisions on what/who they want to follow or fight for. Story is still being worked on and I don't want to give away too much right now so that is all I'll say

Any thoughts? Sorry for some of my grammar I realize its not the best since I'm tired right now. Don't worry when I RP I'll make sure to proof read my posts/RP material.
Old August 21st, 2012, 08:28 PM
Rose Quartz
Let's change our fate

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
Machomuu- and you dont have to wait long anymore! :3 it's almost done xD i got to add a few pics and information to the Youkai's, then it's ready

I still gotta make my RPO posts o.o damnittt xD
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old August 22nd, 2012, 07:33 AM
ytfeL
Glorious Strategist

@stingray: Great minds? Seems like we have some similar traits in our games, but the key differences make the games totally unique. I still have a bit to work on with my project, but don't be discouraged about finishing yours! I still need to do my write up of a rough draft for mine so you are ahead. If you would like I am even up for discussing mechanics and whatnot with you or I can be a sounding board for ideas/concerns. If you need any help let me know. :]

Currently RP'ing:
Time & Space as Salias Grey
Pokemon Fallout as Alex Rouse (Crobat)
Hoenn ReBURST as Isla V.T.

Current Challenges:
Nuzlocke - Black
Old August 22nd, 2012, 04:30 PM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I'm so upset about missing the RPO sign ups due to being on holiday, the posts are looking great so far D: I'll make sure to be here for the next one :p
Old August 22nd, 2012, 05:12 PM
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator

Nature: Sassy
Speaking of the RPOs and whn they come back,is this going to be an every-four years thing, like the normal olympics? Or is it an every year ordeal/one time thing?

Mr. Aladdin sir! Have a wish or two or three!
Old August 23rd, 2012, 02:12 AM
Adventure
i n t e r s t e l l a r

Nature: Naive
Are there no new journey like RPs being planned? I haven't seen one to my particular liking in quite a while and I'm trying hard to resist posting another one of my own xD

Dragon is officially 51% more awesome than I am.
moderator of Roleplay Corner and Pokémon General

Old August 23rd, 2012, 08:52 AM
The warden
I'm back!

Location: Standing at the edge of the world! Thinking let's jump off!
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Col. Fantastic View Post
Speaking of the RPOs and whn they come back,is this going to be an every-four years thing, like the normal olympics? Or is it an every year ordeal/one time thing?
I'm quite sure that the plan is to make it an annual event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
Are there no new journey like RPs being planned? I haven't seen one to my particular liking in quite a while and I'm trying hard to resist posting another one of my own xD
Well there's mine in the works, I'm hoping to launch it soon. Since I've already mentioned it you should have some idea if it's your cup of tea. I should also be launching something else soon, but I'm not saying anything about that one.
Old August 23rd, 2012, 10:19 AM
machomuu
The Lights in the Sky are Stars
Community Supporter

If you guys don't mind, I need a little character creation help. Often, when I'm making the appearance, it just feels like I'm listing off what the character's wearing and what they're build is, but in terms of substance (and I don't so much mean length but rather variation is sentence structure) it's pretty lacking. Here's an example (my most recent character):
Spoiler:
Rin has long, glistening Blood Red hair streaked with Bright Yellow down the middle that flows down to her thighs. Her face, while smooth, isn't flawless. She has a fading scar on her forehead that is a Light Tan color, heavily contrasting with her Dark Bronze skin. She has small lips, but something of a large mouth. Rin has fading vertical scars going down from above her eyelids to below her lower eye sockets on each eye. Rin's irises are a Dark Blue color, but her wide eyes seem to show hues of red. Her slender neck leads into a thicker, more chiseled build. A muscular girl, Rin's tall build makes her physically trained body stand out, though she is not so muscular that one couldn't call her thin. Her hands are small and her nails are long and painted yellow with acrylic paint. Her arms show years of toiling and training, while her legs are thinner and less toned. Her chest is slightly small for someone of her size.Rin's attire consists mostly of erratic, random colors that tend to clash and "not go together" to the more experienced eye; having said that, one wouldn't need to be very experienced to notice Rin's eccentric sense of fashion. Around her neck she wears a small tan cape that goes slightly below her shoulders, and covering the top of it is an Ocean Blue Wool Scarf, something she wears regardless of of weather or temperature. On her lower half she wears what could only be described as the bottom of a tight black jumpsuit. She wears a cream colored blouse with frills on the bottom (the bottom being a little lower than her waist). She wears a very small fanny back on the back of her waist (hidden under her blouse) for convenience, she also has a small teal backpack that she takes with her on occasion. She wears white fingerless leather gloves on her hands and doesn't wear shoes most of the time.

It's embarrassing how many times I say "She wears", "Rin wears", and "She has"; and even still, this is one of the better ones (which isn't saying much). It's not even so much that I have trouble thinking up what the character has to look like, that's the easy part; the problem is that I have trouble articulating those thoughts without it being repetitive or bland. You guys have any tips to help me out?
Old August 23rd, 2012, 11:48 AM
Mr. Mammoth
One cool snowman

Quote:
Well maybe it wouldn't be so bad to post one of your own Red. Especially if you're attempting to bring back a certain RP if you catch my drift, eh, eh? *Nudge Nudge Wink Wink*
Old August 23rd, 2012, 02:06 PM
ytfeL
Glorious Strategist

Finally finished a rough draft of my intro, let me know what you guys think. My only concern with this is giving enough information so people know what is going on and can choose how/who they want to play, but not overloading players with too much info. I understand it can be daunting to learn the history of a universe in its entirety so any feedback you have would be greatly appreciated.

Spoiler:
A World at War
Spoiler:

It was an age where time did not exist...the age of the gods. The gods traveled the Creation unrivaled. Their empires knew no limit and extended over entire worlds born from the magic energies of the Creation. Discord came and the gods waged war among themselves for supremecy. The crumbling of the dying worlds almost led to the collapse of the Creation and the death of everything. But the Creation fought back. The gods were brutally thrown off their thrones and sent into exile beyond the borders of the elemental worlds, known as Realms. Time appeared, imposing its curse to the vain immortals: if they dared to reappear, they would suffer the punishment and would be forever forgotten. Thus, the age of the gods came to an end. However, one does not get rid of these terrible forces so easily. After thousands of years in exile, the gods continue to wage their war through their champions - the Incarnates - and their most faithful allies. The blanace is once again under threat. The curse of Time is fading. Darkness seizes the heart of the brave and the gods get ready to lead their armies. The Ultamite age has come. The Rag'narok had begun.

Not far from the heart of the Creation is a sought after Kingdom known as Aarklash. Magic thresholds can be opened there to travel to all the Realms, including those where the gods are imprisoned. The future of the Creation is linked to the fate of this sigular world. The history of the continent of Aarklash was written by the victors of the great wars of the past. The glory and the prestige of the conquerors of long gone eras hide fratricide wars and dreadful lies. The nations of Aarklas were built on pain, blood, and treachery. Some nations did not resist the erosion of Time. From their ashes larger and stronger armies arose, though they were also younger and drawn towards the warlike temptations of power. The desire for revenge or domination thrives in the memory of the sovereigns of this land soaked in blood.

The Jewel of Lanever

"Cadwallon. The name itself embodies the majesty of the free city state. Outside there is only a world thrown off-balance by the Rag'narok, slowly slipping towards total war. A shelter for some, a prosperous haven for others, the Jewel of Lanever draws the envy of every nation as the war refugees coming in add to its ever increasing population and workforce. Yet Cadwallon, while being a beacon of hope, is also a snare. For life in the City of Thieves is first and foremost a never ending struggle to earn and secure one's position. Cadwallon, the two-faced city. Most of its denizens know only the hideous features of the lower city. The choice between hard labor or extreme poverty, a life devoted to the guilds service or the unpredictability of day to day struggle. Its other face is the upper city. A walled city within a city, its great towers reaching for the sky, its gigantic crossbeams shadowing the streets below. Being the heart of the city, it drains all the riches without and consideration for its underprivileged counterpart. Hope is a delusion, freedom a fantasy. The town where you were born shall be the town where you will die. We have decided to reject that fatalism. We have chosen prosperity and freedom. We are the free leaguers." - Vladar the Arrogant, Founder of the Free Leagues.

The Alliances

Many and diverse are the peoples of Aarklash. Those who share a close philosophy or common objectives forged alliances to face the enemy and secure a crushing victory. Thus, three great alliances came to be.

Paths of Destiny cherish their freedom and refuse stubbornly the future promised by the powers of Light and Darkness. They are the most ancient peoples of the continent: the Daikinee Elves, the Goblins of No-Dan-Kar, the Dwaves of Tir-Na-Bor, the Wolfen of Yllia and their enemy brothers who follow the way of Vile-Tis. Just like the Orcs of Bran-O-Kor and those of the Behemoth mountains, the peoples of Destiny refused to give in to the temptation of the split and choose a side; a concept that was introduced on Aarklash by the humans.

Ways of Light work to create an age of reason and prosperity. They try to seduce the most prosperous civilizations, such as the dwaves. The Kingdom of Alahan, the Empire of Akkylannie, and the Tribes of Avaggdu are all human nations who follow their own gods path. The Ways of Light also include a young elven nation, the Republic of Cynwall. These civilizations try to push away the forces of Darkness. They respect the peoples of Destiny, even when they refuse to assist them.

Ways of Darkness keep trying to quench their thirst for power and do not hesitate to appeal to the most terrifying and twisted powers. The Living Dead of Acheron, the Alchemists of Dirz, and the Drune nation are human powers which study the lores of dark magic. They are allied to weird creatures such as the Dwarves of Mid-Nor and the Akkyshian Elves. These dreadful forces sharpen their weapons of destruction to forever silence the Ways of Light. Most of them see the peoples of the Paths of Destiny as worthy opponents.

The war lords of Aarklash cured the wounds inherited from their fathers and gathered armies for the end of the world. All are getting ready for the Rag'narok, a merciless war announced by ancient prophecies, but of which the mortals still ignore the real stakes...

Currently RP'ing:
Time & Space as Salias Grey
Pokemon Fallout as Alex Rouse (Crobat)
Hoenn ReBURST as Isla V.T.

Current Challenges:
Nuzlocke - Black
Old August 23rd, 2012, 02:06 PM
<Challenger>
Stay Dandy, baby.

Nature: Jolly
Question time. Where would I get banners?
Old August 23rd, 2012, 04:16 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

What do you mean by banners?

Quote:
Pandora has a spot left. *shot'd*
Old August 23rd, 2012, 04:21 PM
Axeliira
the wants what it wants

Nature: Brave
GO JOIN PANDORA RIKA! /shot

as far as journey RPs are concenred...I got so much free time now, I'm thinking of making one. GMing a journey RP doesn't look all hard and stuff, plus...from what I've seen by experience, they are quite popular.
11/21/2014 / Staff Collab 2014
Old August 23rd, 2012, 05:14 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Nature: Hardy
@Machomuu: If you're anything like me, you'll just find a way to create a picture of your character. ;o
Old August 23rd, 2012, 05:20 PM
machomuu
Community Supporter

I'm trying to improve my drawing, that way I can write and make accurate depictions, but...well, I can't. Literally can't, that is. I'm terrible with symmetry, and thus my characters come out looking bad. If there were a guide to healing crappy symmetry, my life would be complete. That said, I'd still have to learn how to draw well, but symmetry's always been my biggest obstacle.
Old August 23rd, 2012, 05:25 PM
SV
It was justified

Hello everyone, this is an announcement regarding the RPOs. We have decided to extend the deadline for posts until Sunday the 25th. This gives everyone an additional two days to complete and post in all of your events. Good luck to everyone!

Paired with the Epic Raikiri
Old August 23rd, 2012, 05:41 PM
Vato
This Is Our Last Goodbye

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by heretostay123 View Post
Question time. Where would I get banners?
You mean like, rectangular images with text on 'em n' stuff, 'cause if you do, I'm pretty sure you can request for them somewhere on PC, I'm guessing it'll be around the Art Gallery...

FC [B2]: 0992 1015 0443
VM/PM me whenever you feel like trading/kicking my butt on a battle
Old August 23rd, 2012, 05:49 PM
<Challenger>
Stay Dandy, baby.

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vato View Post
You mean like, rectangular images with text on 'em n' stuff, 'cause if you do, I'm pretty sure you can request for them somewhere on PC, I'm guessing it'll be around the Art Gallery...
Alright. Thanks. TO THE ART GALLERY!! AWAAAYYYY!!!!
Old August 23rd, 2012, 06:54 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
I'm trying to improve my drawing, that way I can write and make accurate depictions, but...well, I can't. Literally can't, that is. I'm terrible with symmetry, and thus my characters come out looking bad. If there were a guide to healing crappy symmetry, my life would be complete. That said, I'd still have to learn how to draw well, but symmetry's always been my biggest obstacle.
Do remember that in the natural world, though things may look symmetrical, they usually aren't. Try taking a picture of yourself and mirroring it vertically. It kinda makes sense but it does your head in. When making characters, try mixing things up left and right. Scar on right side. Mole on left. Tattoos, piercings, etc. It's okay to not make someone symmetrical.

But, it's no big deal you like your stuff to be symmetrical. It's aesthetically appealing but to an extend; you can only go so far before it looks boring.
Old August 23rd, 2012, 08:01 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Nature: Hardy
@Skymin: Try uncanny valley. Perfectly symmetrical people are unnerving. D;
Old August 23rd, 2012, 08:07 PM
machomuu
Community Supporter

It's not so much the symmetry of their features that I have trouble with so much as line symmetry. Simply put, one side of the face (the outline, eyes, and hair) won't look the same as the other one. I usually start with the left and then go right, and the right is generally where it looks worse. I'm thinking it may have something to do with how I hold writing utensils and how I write.
Old August 23rd, 2012, 10:57 PM
Magic
DLOA - Please contact Adventure
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supervegeta View Post
Hello everyone, this is an announcement regarding the RPOs. We have decided to extend the deadline for posts until Sunday the 25th. This gives everyone an additional two days to complete and post in all of your events. Good luck to everyone!
Yay! I was worried I wouldn't be able to get my last post in, now I have the weekend at least ^-^.
Old August 24th, 2012, 02:02 AM
The warden
I'm back!

Location: Standing at the edge of the world! Thinking let's jump off!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supervegeta View Post
Just a suggestion but maybe next time the RPO should be spread over a longer period to give everyone more time. Events could be spread out so that each event has a week for entries, with short events like the "one line" running the whole time. This would also give people who are away, for a short time, chance to compete in an event.
Old August 24th, 2012, 02:56 AM
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by The warden View Post
Just a suggestion but maybe next time the RPO should be spread over a longer period to give everyone more time. Events could be spread out so that each event has a week for entries, with short events like the "one line" running the whole time. This would also give people who are away, for a short time, chance to compete in an event.
I second this notion.

While we still got a lot of time for the RPOs, some people could have been away during the events and not have a chance to do all of their events. And if we have different sign up dates, it would be a little more complicated, but I think we can figure it out. And that would give people a chance to at least do one category (unless they are away for a whole month!)

Mr. Aladdin sir! Have a wish or two or three!
Old August 24th, 2012, 07:00 AM
machomuu
Community Supporter

Quick Question, you guys. I'm adding the ratings to the categories of roleplays on the wiki and am wondering how it should be phrased. Right now I have one that says "Rated M" as the category, but I also considered "Rated Mature", "M Rating", or "Mature Rating". Thoughts?

Sponsored Links