Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center
Reload this Page Tier Balance

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

ARCHIVED: Battle Center This forum is designed for all of your Pokémon battling needs! The main forum is meant for discussions, battle requests, battle logs, and other threads related to battling. Look to the sub-forums for events and team help.

Old August 21st, 2012 (05:48 PM).
Krazzikk

Nature: Relaxed
Do you think all the tiers are completely balanced, or do you think some tiers are easier to learn than others? I would love to hear your opinions!
Old August 21st, 2012 (11:36 PM).
Pokedra
Retired

My thoughts.

Ubers - Reasonable, not the most balanced but it was never really meant to be as it started as a banlist. Barely played this though.

OU - Pure unadulterated garbage.

UU - Easily the best metagame at the moment, balanced. Any style of play can succeed and there's no truly tier-breaking Pokemon. Reminiscent of DPPt OU.

RU - Underrated, it's a very balanced tier. Admittedly TR and ghosts seem to be rampart but again it's still not bad. Needs a bigger playerbase imo.

NU - Great tier, very cool as you can try Pokemon you like but were never really viable in Standard play.

It bothers me how Smogon managed to make most tiers decent this gen but created possibly one of the worst Standard metagames I have ever seen.
BW2 UU Smogon Leaderboard #1
DPPt OU Smogon Leaderboard #6
Old August 22nd, 2012 (03:33 AM).
Krazzikk

Yeah as the nub I was (I still am =P) I loved OU and didn't know why everyone hated it, but after playing a lot of NU I realized how much more enjoyable NU is over OU!
Old August 23rd, 2012 (08:15 PM).
Soar
n00b

Nature: Lonely
I for one am a HUGE UU Fan. I started and am determined not to change tiers until i become a UU Champ c;

Pokemon Snakewood Series: Click Here :D

Pokemon Emerald Series: Click Here :D

Pokemon Dark Energy: Click Here :D
Old August 24th, 2012 (03:41 AM).
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Quote originally posted by Pokedra:
My thoughts.

Ubers - Reasonable, not the most balanced but it was never really meant to be as it started as a banlist. Barely played this though.

OU - Pure unadulterated garbage.

UU - Easily the best metagame at the moment, balanced. Any style of play can succeed and there's no truly tier-breaking Pokemon. Reminiscent of DPPt OU.

RU - Underrated, it's a very balanced tier. Admittedly TR and ghosts seem to be rampart but again it's still not bad. Needs a bigger playerbase imo.

NU - Great tier, very cool as you can try Pokemon you like but were never really viable in Standard play.

It bothers me how Smogon managed to make most tiers decent this gen but created possibly one of the worst Standard metagames I have ever seen.
Agreeing so much with the OU comment. However; I don't think that UU is really all that balanced, when I play UU it's just the same Pokemon over and over again. However; compared to OU it's balanced.

I think NU is truly the most balanced tier. Since there's not really any game breaking Pokemon it's easy to play around with Pokemon that aren't used.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links