The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Advertise here

View Poll Results: Who will win?
The Gods/Goddesses and Demigods 7 70.00%
The Titans 2 20.00%
I have no idea 2 20.00%
I don't Care 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 18th, 2012, 09:45 PM
SylveonStar
Sylveon

Nature: Lonely

Advertise here
Pokemon: Rise of the Titans (M for blood and Violence)

Spots Left: 3

IC Thread

Info on Greek Mythology: http://camphalfblood.wikia.com/wiki/...alf-Blood_Wiki

The Wikia Page: http://pokecommunityroleplaycorner.w...of_the_Titans.

Backstory:
Spoiler:
Thousands of years ago the world was ruled by the 8 Great Gods and 6 Goddesses and their Pokemon Links. After Zeus defeated his father and locked the Titans away the gods created Pokemon, and made sure each Human had a Pokemon linked to their life force. A Pokemon they could talk to, grow up with, share emotions with, and die with. They determined what would happen in the world, who prospered, who didn't. Who lived and Who Died. As well as disastors and diesease along with other tragedies. But as the years passed they faded into legend. People no longer acknowledged their exsistance but they were still there always watching over the world and having Demigod children. Now it's the year 2012 and trouble has started. The Titan's imprisoned in Tartarus have started to gain strength and one by one are escaping from their prison to cause trouble in the world. Demigods and creatures know what is happening, but the mortals think they are just strange natural distastors. The Gods and Goddesses in fear of not being able to push back all the Titan's on their own have decided to choose 14 demigods, one child of each god or goddess to help in the fight against the Titans.

You:
Spoiler:
You are the Son/Daughter of one of the Greek Gods/Goddesses. You and your Pokemon Link have been selected by the Oracle to help in the fight to stop the Titan's. But beware the journey will be hard. Lies and Deceit lie around every turn. And the titans have recruited the help of many creatures who will do whatever they can to stop you.

Map:
Spoiler:
http://www.percyjackson.co.uk/site/pj_maps.php Each Location listed on the map will be visited

Rules:
Spoiler:
1. Follow All PC rules
2. Posts must be AT LEAST 8 Lines
3. This RP is rated M for Blood and Violence.
4. Swearing will be alowed just keep it to a minimum.
5. Romance will be okay but it must be kept at a kid friendly level.
6. No one can have the Same Pokemon Link, and no one can have a Legendary Pokemon.
7. No Godmodding or Bunnying
8. If you have a Problem with another rper bring it up in private with me.
9. Post AT LEAST twice a week
10. If you go two weeks without posting, you will get a 24 hour warning before you are removed from the rp
11. If you drop out or get removed from the Rp your character will die, someone else can make a sign up and will be magically transported to the others location through the powers of the gods.
12. We will be staying in a group the majority of the rp.
13. Pokemon are understandable in this.
14. No Guns, only weapons like swords, spears, bows an arrows etc.
15. DO not over power yourself, no one person will be more powerful than another.
16. I will control the NPCS, like the Gods/Goddesses, the Titans, and the monsters, you can control these NPCS if you PM and ask for permission to
16a. The only exception to this rule is with the monsters, if we are facing a large group of them you may control them without asking first
16b. If you want to wander off on your own to fight a monster PM me first, though after (If you Survive) you must return to the group.

Spots:
Spoiler:
Son of Zeus - Electric: Joshua Darren and Ralax (Luxray) | IceFyr1928

Daughter of Poseidon - Water: Kiara Wilson and Alisha (Floatzel) | ~Genevieve~

Son of Hades - Ghost: Marcus Jones Hayden and Brutus (Golurk) | Baloth

Child of Ares - Fighting:

Son of Apollo - Dragon: Gordon Freeman and Drakos (Dragonite) | heretostay123

Child of Hermes - Flying:

Son of Hephaestus - Steel: Nero Ginson and Phanlanx (Escavalier) | PkmnRangerJ

Son of Dionysus - Bug: Brown Matthews and Demetrius (Ledian) | -Sam

Daughter of Demeter - Grass: Noa Liula and Tia (Cacturne) | Starsprite

Son of Athena - Ice: Eren Ritter and Pallas (Glaceon) | TornZero

Huntress of Artemis - Ground: Tera T Tiran and Flygon | Khawill

Child of Hestia - Fire:

Sexually Ambiguous Son of Aphrodite - Psychic: Aphrodi Narcys and Pandemos (Espeon) | machomuu

Spoiler:
Name: (First, Last, Middle Optional)
Godly Parent:
Apearance: (What does your character look like? 1 Paragraph or a picture)
Weapon: (no Guns, also list what powers your character gains from their godly parent)
Personality: (How does your character act? What are their likes? Dislikes?)
History: (What was your characters life like before they found out they were a Demigod? What has it been like since? 2 paragraphs)
Pokemon Link Species: (What Species, no Legendaries)
Pokemon Link Name: (What is your links name?)
Pokemon Link Gender: (Same as your characters)
Pokemon Link Personality: (can be as long as you want, at least four sentances)

The Gods(Appearances/Pokemon Links):
Spoiler:
Zeus: Zapdos
Spoiler:

Posiedon: Palkia
Spoiler:

Hades: Giratina
Spoiler:

Ares: Terrakion
Spoiler:

Apollo: Rayquaza
Spoiler:

Hermes: Tornadus
Spoiler:

Hephaestus: Registeel
Spoiler:

Dionysus: Genesect
Spoiler:

Hera: Regigigas
Spoiler:

Demeter: Shaymin
Spoiler:

Athena: Articuno
Spoiler:

Artemis: Landorus
Spoiler:

Hestia: Moltres
Spoiler:

Aphrodite: Mesprit
Spoiler:

Titans (The Titans will not have Pokemon Links, neither will any other enemy):
Spoiler:
  1. Cronus
  2. Oceanus
  3. Tethys
  4. Hyperion
  5. Mnemosyne
  6. Themis
  7. Iapetus
  8. Coeus
  9. Crius
  10. Phoebe
  11. Thea
  12. Atlas
  13. Gaea

Other Enemies:
Spoiler:
  1. Empousa
  2. Gorgons
  3. Harpies
  4. Hydra
  5. Chimera
  6. Manticore
  7. Minotaur
  8. Ophiotaurus
  9. Sirens
  10. Nemean Lion
  11. Cyclopes
  12. Giants

Last edited by SylveonStar; October 4th, 2012 at 07:24 PM.
Old August 24th, 2012, 05:15 PM
Vato
This Is Our Last Goodbye

*le gasp*
The only thing I love more than Pokemon is Greek mythology :D
May I please reserve a spot for the son of Athena?
And if I can't, then I'll put my SU here as soon as possible :)

FC [B2]: 0992 1015 0443
VM/PM me whenever you feel like trading/kicking my butt on a battle
Old August 24th, 2012, 05:27 PM
<Challenger>
Wake me when you need me.

Nature: Jolly
This sounds amazing! Reserve me for Son of Apollo? :D
Old August 24th, 2012, 05:27 PM
PsychoJigglypuff
Crazy and Loving It!

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Yahoo to PsychoJigglypuff
This looks cool! If possible I would like to reserve Daughter of Artemis.

Old August 24th, 2012, 05:44 PM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

While I'm not a fan of Percy Jackson (not because I have something against it, just because I have yet to read it and am not too sure about that movie), but this does seem to hold true to myth and I am, however, a fan of Greek Mythology. Sadly, I can't join since I'm already in 5 other RPs, but I do applaud the idea.
Old August 24th, 2012, 05:46 PM
SylveonStar
Sylveon

It's first come first serve

and machomuu, they totally messed up the movie by aging up the characters.

Name: Kiara Wilson

Nickname: Ki

Godly Parent: Poseidon

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Weapons: Swords and can control water, breath under water, and draw water from the air.

Personality: Kiara is a very sweet and kind girl to her friends. She has been compared to the ocean at times, sometimes she is as calm as the sea, but other times she can be as crazy as the waves. Kiara will never let a friend down, and makes them easily, though she seems to have trouble making friends among the sons/daughters of Hades, but that doesn't bother her. Another thing about Kiara is that she can be extremely hyper active at times. Give her just a little bit of sugar and she will act crazy, not in a bad way, she'll just be hyper. Most people assume that because she dresses in red and black, and those are her favorite two colors that she is goth or emo, but in reality she likes them because they look the best with her skin tone. Like every other demigod Kiara has Dyslexia and ADHD.

History: Before Kiara found out she was a Demigod she was raised by only her mother Rebecca Wilson and her mothers link an Eevee named Michelle. Kiara was loved and cared for growing up but knew nothing about her father. Another thing was Kiara constantly changed schools, and she never knew why. She has Dyslexia and ADHD and would tell the teachers about seeing large men with only one eye, and other crazy things they didn't believe. She also caused many accidents. Finally on her 9th birthday a satyr named Maron saved her from what she was told later was a Gorgon. After Maron told her she was a Daughter of a god. She didn't believe it at first, until her mother told her that it was true but didn't name the god. Listening to her mother Kiara traveled with Maron from her home in North Carolina to Camp Half Blood in New York. Along the way they were attacked by a group of Harpies, luckily they were almost to Camp Half Blood and managed to cross the border leaving the Harpies unable to follow.

Since that day Kiara has been trained and learned more about her father. Though at first she wasn't sure which god was her parent until on her third day there the Triton of Poseidon appeared over her head. After that day she was gifted the sword Riptide or Anaklusmos. She was trained hard and one of the Demigods to remain at Camp Half Blood Year round. As the years passed she collected her beads signalling how long she had been in camp and is the head of the Cabin of Poseidon as her brothers and sisters joined her after a few years. Kiara is also one of the Demigods who has been at Camp Halfblood the longest. Now nine years later, Kiara has been the one chosen for the task of stopping the titans of Poseidon's Children. She just doesn't know it yet.

Pokemon Link Species: Floatzel

Pokemon Link Name: Alisha

Pokemon Link Gender: Female

Pokemon Link Personality: Alisha is very similar to Kiara, she is sweet and kind but can be ruthless in a fight. Alisha will do whatever it takes to keep Kiara safe. If one is hurt so it the other, one sad so is the other. It's how things are and Alisha wants to keep it that way.

Last edited by SylveonStar; August 24th, 2012 at 07:25 PM.
Old August 24th, 2012, 05:46 PM
<Challenger>

Wait wait wait, we can't be in more than 5 rp's??!! :o
Old August 24th, 2012, 05:49 PM
SylveonStar
Sylveon

no you can be, he just wants to stick with five, and lets drop that topic, it's not fitting in with the topic of this thread.
Old August 24th, 2012, 05:50 PM
Vato
This Is Our Last Goodbye

Quote:
Originally Posted by heretostay123 View Post
Wait wait wait, we can't be in more than 5 rp's??!! :o
You can be in ten million RPs if you want to, but most of the RPers have limits for what the limit for their RPs to be at a time is, which I'm guessing is 5 for machomuu.

Anyways, back to topic. I'll edit this post anytime soon to add my SU!

Old August 24th, 2012, 05:59 PM
<Challenger>

Question. What would our link be? Basic or stage 2-3?
Old August 24th, 2012, 06:01 PM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Wait, they screwed up their ages? That changes things, quite a bit, actually. May I reserve a spot for Aphrodite? My SU will mostly be up in a couple hours.

EDIT: Stupid me, first come first serve.
Old August 24th, 2012, 06:11 PM
SylveonStar
Sylveon

it's okay and the link Pokemon can be any Pokemon as long as it is not a legendary.

And yeah they aged up the characters in the movie to get a better audience, screwed it up so bad it's near impossible for them to make movies for the rest of the books. That's also the reason I have refused to watch the movie.
Old August 24th, 2012, 06:16 PM
<Challenger>

I agree. The books were freaking amazing. The movie messed it up. Just like 4kids with One Piece and Yugioh.
Old August 24th, 2012, 06:28 PM
SylveonStar
Sylveon

Yupp, and just a note to remember as you make your sign ups, Every Demigod has Dyslexia and ADHD.
Old August 24th, 2012, 06:31 PM
<Challenger>

Name: Gordon M. Freeman
Godly Parent: Apollo
Apearance: He has a chiseled face, long bronze hair, and hazy grey eyes. He is about 6'4, 150 pounds, and his arms are as thick as a normal person's neck. He's muscular, and his thighs are hard as rocks, and he has abs like diamond. He always wears multiple pairs of the same shirt and pants: A plain white tee shirt with a sun emblazoned on it, and dark blue jeans. His sneakers are bright yellow with dark green shoe laces. He's pretty handsome.

Weapon: Bow and the ability to heal his friends in battle. Since Apollo is the god of music, he has amazing talent with any musical instrument as well.

Personality: He's a kind guy. He's not exactly perfect though most people would swear he was. He has a deep fear of water and lightning. He hates Mexican and Chinese foods, but loves Greek and all out American food such as steak and hamburgers. He's a bit of a flirt, and has been a player in the past, but his girlfriend caused him to change for the better. He's become a pretty straight forward guy. He's really friendly and will be kind to anyone no matter who they are. He is always courtious to adults. When he found out he was the son of Apollo, he started to freak out. He said, and I quote, "NO FREAKING WAY!!! THIS IS SO AWESOME!!!"

History: He grew up in the busy tourist town of Gatlinburg, Tennessee. He hung out with the outcast group despite his charming looks. He tried a little too hard to be popular and was cast out of the "popular crowd" within days of the fourth grade after an incident involving a frog and a scalpel that he prefers not to talk about. He had one problem in school. In literature, he would struggle to read, and in every other class, he would lose focus almost immediatley after it started. He was bullied for things like this for years until a good friend stepped in. Her name was Sarah, and he never forgot it. He began to hang out with his old friends again (the outcasts of course) since they had grown on him. He joined them in their interests and was labeled a nerd. At age thirteen, he found out that Apollo was his father when his mother decided he was old enough. She broke the news to him, and he began to freak out until she made him promise to not tell anyone or even mention it, or dark things would happen. He was disappointed that it wasn't to be out, but lived with it. He was never one to argue with an adult. He would go to Camp Half-Blood every single summer. Whenever his friends asked where he went, he would just cover it up with a well thought out scheme.

He wasn't rich, but he definitley wasn't poor. He was right around mid middle class. He grew up getting most things he asked for and most things he could want. The one thing he wanted that he couldn't get enough of was love. He was always sweet, but he took it to a new level, flirting with every girl in school. He dated multiple girls until he eventually met a girl by the name of Sarah, who changed him forever at the age of fourteen. He loved Sarah with all his heart, and desperatley wanted to tell her his secret, but reluctatly refrained. He became the nice guy in school. Everyone liked him except for one person: the school principal. The principal wanted him expelled for multiple reasons that he made up as he went. He eventually turned 16 and got his driver's license and first car: a Chevy Camaro from 1986 that he had refurbished. His next birthday is in exactly one week.

Pokemon Link Species: Dragonite
Pokemon Link Name: Drakos
Pokemon Link Gender: Male
Pokemon Link Personality: He's rambunctious and violent in battle. He is really friendly out of it, and has a huge appetite. Drakos is very defensive, and will protect his friends to the death. Fighting evil is what he dreams of.

Activities Whike at Camp: Gordon has been at Camp Half-Blood for two years. Most of the time he spent there, he practiced archery, as he was the son of Apollo, he was already masterful. He met a bunch of other sons and daughters of Apollo, and came close to dating a girl. He declined her offer though, as he still had strong feelings for Sarah. He would never forget about her, and will return someday in hopes of marrying her. He spent plenty of time playing any musical instruments he could get his hands on. Sometimes he would sit out on the lake's dock, singing songs of his love while playing an acoustic guitar. He tended to eat meals with a Satyr named Benjamin. He always hung out with him. The awkward pair never left each other's side with the exception of showers and sleeping and other such things.

How It All Went Down: "Gordon, have a seat."
The young teenager walked into his family's living room and sat on the couch. "Yeah. What is it mom?" he said in a confused manner.

His mom sat down beside him, "We have to talk. Do you know your father?" She had a serious look on her face.

"Of course I know Dad. What kind of question is that?"

"That isn't your real father."

Gordon's head started to swirl. "What?" He didn't believe her. "You have to be pulling my leg!" he started to laugh nervously.

"Son, it's true." The man who had spoken walked out from behind a corner. He had a striking resembelance to Gordon. "I'm Apollo. Have you heard if me?"

The youth's mouth gaped. "As in...the Greek god?" the man nodded. All that happened next was a blur of excitement.

Last edited by <Challenger>; August 24th, 2012 at 08:01 PM.
Old August 24th, 2012, 06:31 PM
Vato
This Is Our Last Goodbye

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Genevieve~ View Post
Yupp, and just a note to remember as you make your sign ups, Every Demigod has Dyslexia and ADHD.
So that they can only understand Greek like Percy, right?

Old August 24th, 2012, 06:35 PM
<Challenger>

So how did I do? What could I change to make it better?
Old August 24th, 2012, 06:40 PM
doge
[INTENSIFIES]
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to doge
Huge fan of the Percy Jackson series, as well as the new books coming out so I'm really interested in this roleplay.

But one question, would powers gifted to the demigod children be only limited to their parent's pokemon type or could the powers also be based off the actual mythology?
Old August 24th, 2012, 06:43 PM
SylveonStar
Sylveon

@Vato: they can understand English, but yes so that they can read Greek.

@heretostay123: If you could expand a little on your personality, how exactly does he treat others? How does he feel on his godly parent.

also in your history you have to mention how you found out who your parent is, and what your life has been like at camp. Your character has to have been going to camp half blood for at least 5 years, after all if your being chosen for this task you can't have just found out your a demigod.

@-Sam: for the Demigods powers it's based of the mythology yes, the Parents Pokemon Types were decided by me, some of which according to their powers others I just randomly assigned. The parent Pokemon Type only affects your characters Pokemon Link.

Also just to clarify, the Pokemon Links are one with your character, they both share the same soul, are born at the same time, feel the same pain, and will die at the same time.
Old August 24th, 2012, 06:54 PM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

This is my Alpha SU, it's still in the early stages, but I do want to know if the idea I'm going with is okay.

Spoiler:
Name: Aphrodi Narcys

Godly Parent: Aphrodite

Appearance: (What does your character look like? 1 Paragraph or a picture)

Weapon: Rapier;

Personality: (How does your character act? What are their likes? Dislikes?)

History: Aphrodi was born a "defective" child. Being born of man and God, that God being Aphrodite, no less, Aphrodi was born without genetalia (and, of lesser importance, no bladder). It was the decision of him live his life as a male, despite the fact that scientific reports also pointed to the fact that he may have been female. There were also signs that he may have been completely sexually ambiguous due to abnormalities in his chromosomes, but they just wrote it off as unlikely. Due to his androgynous appearance and mixed interests, Aphrodi was often made fun of and insulted in school, and the fact that he was dyslexic and had ADHD didn't help. However, when he arrived in High School and hormones kicked in, he was quite popular, especially with females due to his feminine appearance and slender yet muscular build. He didn't relish in how his "abnormalities" made him popular, in fact, he often cursed the fact it

Pokemon Link Species: (What Species, no Legendaries)

Pokemon Link Name: Pandemos

Pokemon Link Gender: Sexually Ambiguous

Pokemon Link Personality: (can be as long as you want, at least four sentances)

Also, a little fun fact about this one, this is the first roleplay that I've taken part in where I've intentionally made someone's name a reference to a character from a game, book, or show.
Old August 24th, 2012, 06:56 PM
<Challenger>

@Genivieve I've edited it a little. How's that?
Old August 24th, 2012, 07:10 PM
SylveonStar
Sylveon

@machomuu: Very Interesting Character so Far

@heretostay123: The personality is good now. As for the History, you need to add how he was told he was a Demigod, the Gods and Goddesses like to keep it secret until the child is in to much danger as from the Percy Jackson books. What all did he do in camp? How long has he been going there? Most kids with a few exceptions are normally in their teenage years or older in some cases, in fact only the children of Athena are claimed at Birth.

In fact I'd say we follow the fact the Percy Jackson made the Gods Promise to recognize their children at 13, they can be recognized earlier, in the case of my character when she was in danger, but lets say the age is 13 at the earliest unless you have a reason for younger or older
Old August 24th, 2012, 08:02 PM
<Challenger>

Tweaked it a little. How's that?
Old August 24th, 2012, 10:30 PM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Name: Aphrodi Narcys

Godly Parent: Aphrodite

Appearance: Aphrodi has long flowing blond hair that's parted in the front. His eyes are wide, thin, and light blue and his skin is smooth and a white-ish tan color. His build is rather muscular, both upper and lower body. Still, he is rather slender, and his face and hands are rather feminine. He wears no shoes and mostly no other clothes, all he wears is a toga. In his belt is where he keeps his Rapier.

Appearance - Reference Picture
Spoiler:

Weapon: Vrondi (A Long Sword made of lightning) and Rapier; He has the ability to control the emotions, feelings, and intentions of others, depends on the willpower of the target. He also has the ability to amplify or reduce the emotions of an individual, and can temporarily infatuate people as well. Other than that, he has no known offensive or defensive abilities, but he can call and recall Vrondi via lightning by holding his hand out and saying (or thinking) "Come, Vrondi!" This is mandatory, as he was not given a sheathe for his blade. The problem comes with the fact that he is unable to call or recall the sword anywhere where the sky isn't directly above him (simply because lightning can't strike through obstacles). Because of this, he keeps a Rapier that he uses when Vrondi is not available.

Personality: Aphrodi is a very self-confident young man, he felt that he should be comfortable with his body, his mannerisms, and his biology, especially since rejection of the aforementioned would be a rejection of Aphrodite. Even still, he's quite the sensitive man; selectively sensitive, that is. He's capable of crying crocodile tears on command, and he's not so much hurt by the words of others has he is sympathetic of others' plight. That's not to say he's some "beacon of hope and justice", but death specifically gets him down. His voice is naturally soft and seductive, and as such, he is inadvertently alluring. Still, he's not prone to falling in love. Rather, he is able to feel the emotions of others more easily than others (due to his relation to Aphrodite). He's attracted to both sexes, but there are very few people that actually catch his eye. Aphrodi is also very Passive-Aggressive. Like his mother, he is very prone to getting mad (though he has a rather impressive control over his emotions, other than sadness, that is). Because of this, he tends to use his powers of manipulation to get revenge on those who have wronged him.

History:
Spoiler:
Aphrodi was a "defective" child. Being born of man and God, that God being Aphrodite, no less, Aphrodi was born without genetalia (and, of lesser importance, no bladder). It was the decision of him live his life as a male, despite the fact that scientific reports also pointed to the fact that he may have been female. There were also signs that he may have been completely sexually ambiguous due to abnormalities in his chromosomes (they had various characteristics of XY chromosomes, problem being that they had varying effects and weren't exactly "full"), but they just wrote it off as unlikely. His mother, Aphrodite, wasn't permitted to be with Aphrodi's father by Zeus, and thus Aphrodi has not yet met his mother. For most of his early life (birth to present) he lived in Maryland. Due to his androgynous appearance and mixed interests, Aphrodi was often made fun of and insulted in school, and the fact that he was dyslexic and had ADHD didn't help. However, when he arrived in High School and hormones kicked in, he was quite popular, especially with females due to his feminine appearance and slender yet muscular build. He didn't relish in how his "abnormalities" made him popular, in fact, he often cursed the fact that he was born that way and he hated the way he looked; he strived to look more masculine, but there wasn't much that he could do about that.

One day, he went with his class to the New York Museum of Natural History. It was a normal trip for the most part. Then, a thunderstorm occurred. It was a massive storm, so massive that the class was forced to retreat the bus and enter the museum in a rush. Once inside, the guide handed out towels that they had on hand. Aphrodi noticed a woman, clearly not of the class, who seemed to be looking for someone. Upon further inspection, she looked...odd. Her skin was something of a greenish tone and her legs seemed to be...dragging? No...they weren't legs at all, it was more of a snake's tail. He wrote her off at a part of the museum...at least at first he did, but he noticed that no one else paid her any mind, as if she wasn't wearing a costume at all. She then spotted him, and she started moving closer and closer, until she directly in front of his face. Her face was actually quite something of a freight, and yet, she was very alluring. Then, suddenlty, the power went out and everyone started to panic. Suddenly, a hand was brought over Aphrodi's mouth and eyes and then an inexplicable feeling came over him. It was only for a split-second, but once it the feeling was gone, so were the panicked voices of the the others. "Welcome, my grandchild," said a grand voice. The hand was removed from his mouth and eyes and he looked at his kidnapper.

"G-grandchild?" He said in a surprised voice. "Do I kno-" he stopped and analyzed the man. Great white mane, grand voice, muscular build...he had to be. "Are you...Are you God?"

"Indeed," he said, ignoring the fact that Aphrodi was referring to the Christian God. "I am Zeus, father of Aphrodite and ruler of Mount Olympus, where we are currently." Zeus spread his arms out, as if to represent the importance and augustness of his position and Mount Olympus. Aphrodi looked around, and it was indeed a breathtaking sight. Still...it wasn't quite what he was expecting. He was on the peak of an actual mountain, rather than the Mount Olympus of myth. There were indeed several "Mount Olympus'", so it may have been some sort of clever joke, but what with all of the recent events, that was the last thing on his mind.

"Wait a minute," He said. "Um...Grandpa...do you know where my mother is? Can you tell me who she is?" He said with pouting eyes.

Zeus looked at Aphrodi for a few moments, put his hand on Aphrodi's shoulder, and said, "You remind me so much of her."

"She's...dead?" Aphrodi said in a somewhat raspy voice, tears dripping from his eyes.

"Heavens, no. She is away on assignment to take care of a small...infestation," Zeus said. "But that's not important. What is important is that there is a war of sorts going on, and we need your help.

"What can I do?"

"As I said, Aphrodite is your mother, and I, Zeus, am your grandfather. You are, indeed, a demigod." Aphrodi started to laugh, but then his face changed into one of conflict. This conflict then turned to pondering, and the pondering to surprise. "The oracle requested you. The Titans are back, and we need your help."

"But what can I do?" He repeated. "I don't exactly have powers"

"You saw the gorgon when no one else could, isn't that enough to convince you that you're something special?"

"The woman in the museum...she was a real gorgon?"

"One of many, and you were able to spot it." Aphrodi looked away from Zeus, still not fully convinced. "You also have the ability to control others, be it in emotions or intentions." Aphrodi remained silent. "And if that is not enough..." Zeus held his hand out and lightning struck, a glorious golden sword appearing in his hand. "Take Vrondi, it is yours now." He looked behind Aphrodi and said, "Ah, Pandemos, it's time that you met your partner." An Espeon walked appeared from below the peak, almost as if it had been waiting for its moment to appear, and looked at Aphrodi. "You are linked together. You will live together and you will die together. Now, I will ask you the same thing I asked him: will you join our effort to defeat the Titans. If not for the Earth, and if not for your grandfather, at least do it for your mother."

Aphrodi looked to Pandemos, then to Zeus, who looked back at him. "This is all...too much." He turned away from Zeus and Pandemos and looked down. He didn't exactly know how to use his powers, the two years of Karate he took certainly wouldn't help him with swordsmanship, and to top it all off, he certainly wasn't sure he'd be able to defeat a titan, let alone a gorgon. That said, he was never normal, he wasn't even a "he", he was simply an Aphrodi.

"Just remain on Mount Olympus and think it over, you have time to decide. We will, of course, train you; we certainly don't want you to die," He said. "If you agree, you won't see your home for quite some time, so you must think this over carefully." Zeus started to depart, but then he stopped and turned back to Aphrodi. "I won't permit you to be a facade, Aphrodi." He said this, and lightning struck Aphrodi. It wasn't exactly painful. Surprising, but not painful. He looked down and gasped at what he saw. He was in a toga, his regular clothes were nowhere in sight and something else was missing as wel... "Do not limit yourself, Aphrodi. You were born a Demigod and were forced to live life as a male human, cursed with the beauty and voluptuous nature of your mother and the lack of any body parts that would distinguish you as male or female. You bear the weight of the chastity your mother was to uphold, and while I cannot forgive myself for allowing you to be alienated for so long, I will not allow you, as my grandchild, to turn away from who and what you are. You are neither male nor female, you are both human and god, you are Aphrodi. Do not forget that." With those words, Zeus walked away. Aphrodi was finally free of the chains and bonds of gender, and after the speech he couldn't help but feel a little proud. He was neither a "he" or a "she"; he was Aphrodi, and he was darn proud of it.

In the end, Aphrodi agreed, and he ended up going to a training camp, specializing in Psycho and emotional manipulation and swordsmanship. It's currently been two and a half years since he left home for training, and his abilities have grown to heights he never would have imagined on arrival. He is able to actively manipulate others and the lightning sword, Vrondi, has become much easier to use, and sword fighting has become natural to him. He's also become quite adept in Fencing.

Pokemon Link Species: Espeon

Pokemon Link Name: Pandemos

Pokemon Link Gender: Sexually Ambiguous

Pokemon Link Personality: Pandemos is a mute creature. Like his partner, he's calm and quiet, and walks and acts elegantly completely inadvertently. Unlike Aphrodi, he is very resilient, and isn't nearly as sensitive as his counterpart. In a sense, he's the yin to the yang that is Aphrodi. He completes Aphrodi, he consoles him when he's hurt and protects him when he's threatened, he has the qualities that Aphrodi doesn't, which makes their relationship that much stronger.

Last edited by machomuu; August 26th, 2012 at 08:45 AM.
Old August 25th, 2012, 10:10 AM
doge
[INTENSIFIES]
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to doge
Name: Brown Matthews
Godly Parent: Dionysus
Appearance: Brown is about about six feet tall, coupled with rather long arms, he appears to be rather lanky at first glance. Although he is a long body, calling him thin would be quite an injustice. With an athletic build, Brown has great muscle tone. Far from buff, but he is muscular enough to fill out most of his shirts. Brown’s skin tone is a light shade of brown, a bit darker than tan. His hair is naturally curly and forms a medium sized afro-like shape. His eyes are a dark gray color, naturally, people assume they are color contacts.

Like most campers, Brown wears the standard orange Camp Half-blood tee-shirt, and like most of his attire, he fills the shirt in rather nicely. When he isn’t feeling the camp spirit, he sports a white zipped hoodie. He wears a pair of black adidas shorts that fall right below his knees and usually is seen with his old beat up J’s.

Weapon: Crossbow; The ability to manipulate various plants, especially grape vines and poisonous ones and immunity to toxins, poisons, and the negative side effects of alcoholic beverages. Brown can cure insanity, in rare cases he can also induce insanity for short periods of time.

Personality: Brown has a tendency to want to be a tad different than others. And it helps that his father, Dionysus, rarely mingles with mortal woman, making him one of his few children. Brown’s a pretty confident dude, confident, but humble. He tends to be a jokester on the side, playing harmless pranks on campers, especially rookies, just to give them a warm welcome to camp life. Due to his want to do things a little bit differently, Brown often attempts to flirt with the hunters of Artemis, well aware that his efforts might as well be of better use on cans of tuna. He also is addicted to wine and other alcoholic drinks, but mostly wine. It’s sort of like a drug to him, without the side effects of course. When he hasn’t had his wine or alcoholic fix for at least a week, he tends to get strong withdraws. Very few things displease Brown, he usually just goes with the flow.

History: Brown’s blood mother was an alcoholic mess and was on the edge of insanity. Dionysus was the cause of her drinking problems and his departure followed by Brown’s birth drove his mother over the brink of insanity. Deemed unfit to raise a child, Brown was immediately put up for adoption, separating Brown from Demetrius, who stayed behind to care for his mother. At birth, Brown was a relatively light skinned baby, which often led to many close but no cigar adoptions when the parents found out he was of Jamaican descent. After a year of wait, he was finally adopted by an infertile couple in northern Maine. Growing up, Brown realized he was different, and he enjoyed every moment of it. He was obviously adopted, his parents were both Caucasian and he himself was half Jamaican. All throughout the early years of his childhood, Brown often mentioned seeing things such as mythical monsters, things that were often hidden by the mist to mortal eyes.

Once grade school started, the sightings happened less and less and Brown found other things to interest him, Basketball and Snowboarding. The introduction to school was also coupled with the realization that he was an ADHD dyslexic. School was incredibly hard for him when it came to the work, but Brown found his niche among the mini-athletes. In middleschool, he was introduced to his first drink via a game of truth or dare. It shocked everyone that he had drank an entire bottle of beer and more like it was just glasses of water. Word spread quickly among the town, giving him popularity as well as unwanted attention from adults. But that was the least of his problems, those monsters Brown used to see? The cyclops of Maine caught wind of his suspicious “ability” and Brown soon became a target. Days later, he and his parents up and left Maine without a word, it was almost like his parents were in a trance. After a day of constant driving, they had arrived at Long Island, New York, minutes away from Camp Half-blood. There they told him to get out of the car, and he was reunited with his link, Demetrius, who had been waiting at the outskirts of camp. After the short reunion, Demetrius guided Brown the remaining way to camp, introducing him to his new home. What happened to his parents after that became a mystery.

Weeks passed and Brown spent them getting accustomed to his new home, it took him awhile but eventually he got with the program. On the eve of his thirteenth birthday, several months after his arrival to camp, Dionysus revealed to him personally that he was his son. Being the camp director and all, it was slightly awkward at first, especially since Dionysus waited so long to tell him. In time, the awkwardness subsided and they went on with life as normally as they could’ve. His father also revealed to him that he drove his parents to insanity so they could bring Brown here safely under his control and that they were back in Maine safe and sound. Now five years later, Brown is an expert arbalist, as well as a veteran camper.

Pokemon Link Species: Ledian
Pokemon Link Name: Demetrius
Pokemon Link Gender: Male
Pokemon Link Personality: For someone who spent twelve years separated from their human counterpart, it’s like they’ve been together since birth. Demetrius seems to have a grasp on what Brown is thinking at almost all times. Although lenient, he has a tendency to advise Brown in certain situations, even if it isn’t necessary. Much like Brown, Demetrius favors the taste of wine but only drinks with Brown present.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here