The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 20th, 2012, 05:14 AM
Keruso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeveelution Co-ordinator View Post
Sorry Latios Master, I'm kind of new at this. It will never happen again! Oh, and thanks for the advice G-Money, I think I might re-start with Giratina with SRing as I tried in an old save file, but lost patience and gave up (I heard something happened to the pokemon after SRing, but only recently did I find out it could become shiny!) and if I succeed I might try Volcarona in Black or try Regigigas (congrats by the way Keruso, I'm probably not going to be able to get it whatsoever!) Oh and I have two things to ask everyone. 1) Can you catch a shiny Suicune/Entei/Raikou in HG/SS for the Zoroark in Black and White? Just wondering. And finally, G-Money, please can you link some guides as I am terrible at the moment, tried the most common pokemon on a route and swarm pokemon but the chain always breaks at 14! No matter what I try! Thanks and goodnight (even though its the middle of the day, but you know what I mean!)
No, you must have the Event Dogs in order to get the Zoroark, otherwise it will not work (what happened to that 2nd question?). I always had some trouble chaining myself, and then afterwords, felt bad about getting an easy to get shiny (i've actually considered releasing the shinies i have captured through this method). But, to help you out, buy repels. LOTS of repels. i once had just about 550 repels in either Pearl or Platinum. Go into the middle of the grass and use the radar. go to whichever shaking spot you want. Rinse and repeat if you dont like that poke. after you kill/capture the Poke, watch for the shaky patches. ALWAYS GO FOR THE ONE FARTHEST AWAY, BUT DO NOT GO TO ANY THAT ARE NEAR THE EDGE OF THE GRASS. that will always break your chain. Rinse, repeat, shiny
Old August 20th, 2012, 05:39 AM
Eeveelution Co-ordinator
Budding Breeder/Co-ordinator

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Eeveelution Co-ordinator
Thanks for the help Keruso, and I think you shouldn't release, it doesn't matter how you obtained them (except hacking, now thats wrong!), you should always be proud of them! Oh and my second question was going to be if a shiny was bred from the masuda method, what nationality would it be? I heard it is the females nationality as that is what pokemon it becomes, but I just want to be sure so I can stock up on females that want to bred after I try to obtain a foreign ditto, sorry it wasn't in the last post, I must have thought I typed it but I actually haldn't ( I do that a lot :/ )
Old August 20th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Chr. Draco
Dragon Power

Nature: Jolly
Since the egg is generated in your game, the nationality is that of your game. If the egg was generated in another language game and then transfered to your language game the egg will be of the other language, not yours since it was generated in other's language game.

Last edited by Chr. Draco; August 20th, 2012 at 08:57 AM.
Old August 20th, 2012, 01:38 PM
G-Money
Polychromatic Iridescence

7077 Johto starters.

The weekly hunt is one of my quests!! I'll probably go for a Ghost-type sometime this week. I have 5 of 15 so far, so I'm a third of the way there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeveelution Co-ordinator View Post
G-Money, please can you link some guides
Sure thing!

Chaining:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wuh9_Gi8PI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serebii.net
As you battle the Pokémon and your chain increases, the chances of seeing a Shiny Pokémon also increases up until you're on the 40th chain where it levels out. Continue the chain and you may see the grass glow instead of shaking. If this occurs, there is a shiny Pokémon there. When you defeat or capture a Pokémon you have discovered with the PokéRadar, the chain begins and you need to follow the chain to other grass tiles to continue the chain. These chains are broken when a different Pokémon appears or you encounter a Wild Pokémon outside of the set grass tiles so it is recommended that you use Repel or other Wild Pokémon prevention techniques. Shiny Pokémon are easily findable with the PokéRadar. If you have found a Shiny Pokémon with the PokéRadar, the grass will shine as opposed to shaking. With chaining, you have the ability to increase the likelihood of finding a Shiny Pokémon. This is done by having a prolonged chain on the PokéRadar. The chances increase up until the 40th Pokémon in the chain. This is calculated with the following formula;

Chance = (14747 - 40*ChainNumber)/2621440(41-ChainNumber)

After each use of the PokéRadar, it requires recharging. This is done by walking 50 steps.
(From http://www.serebii.net/games/shiny.shtml )

Good luck to everyone on your hunts!

Path of the Dragon: 2/7
Path of the Ghost: 7/18
Path of the Starter: 5/18
Old August 20th, 2012, 07:25 PM
Ninjagon
Back from a break.

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Ninjagon
Hey der guys, i've been sick today and i've picked up my white again an started hunting!!! Right now, i'm hunting blitzle near the daycare. I'm going to record whatever shines there Live as well to post on Youtube. I'm also going to get started with Groudon. I've been really lazy, i know.But my Ipad 2 i got for my birthday didn't help that lol. Here are my Hunts/Planned Hunts.

My Hunts
[Route 3] - 2007 RE's.
[Embedded Tower] - 0 SR's.

There aren't many Lions left in the world now, yet poachers still exist. Even though it is illegal it still happens. Don't have anything to do with poaching - Take pride in your actions (pun intended)
Old August 20th, 2012, 09:23 PM
Necrum
The most dapper evil genius

Nature: Adamant
I did it! I finally did it! Two months of hatching eggs and I finally got my first non traded shiny!

Charmander
Bold
27/16/8/31/1/8
Growl
Dragon Pulse
Crunch
Dragon Rush

Gonna take a break from hunting. I'll be back in a week with my next hunt.
Old August 22nd, 2012, 04:54 PM
G-Money

9696 Johto starters.
200 Golett/Druddigon/Mienfoo.

I've decided to go for Golett for the weekly hunt, and I'm hunting Druddigon and Mienfoo along with him by Axiom 22. Druddigon looks pretty cool and Golurk is lights-out awesome, so I think I'm going to stick with this hunt as the next leg of my Ghost hunt.

This is the first time I'm trying a Synchronizer, and I've hatched a bunch of Munna with different natures for future hunts, too. If I manage to get a shiny Adamant Golurk, I'm definitely using him in some battles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecrumWarrior View Post
I did it!
Whoa, congrats! Flawless special attack for your shiny Charizard, eh? That's really, really awesome.

Old August 22nd, 2012, 08:38 PM
Necrum

So does my Charmander count for Begin The Journey and The Shiny Master, or do I have to do another for one of them? I decided that my next hunt will be done in conjunction with my Slow Learner Challenge (see below). I will leave my game on constantly in the hope that I naturally hit the right seed during normal game play for The Shiny Hunter. When I get there, I will also go for a shiny Ho-Oh to fulfill The Shiny Legend.
Old August 23rd, 2012, 06:06 AM
Chr. Draco
Dragon Power

To G-Moeney: you can use a KOed pokemon with synchronize in front of the party, that will allow you to fight with the next pokemon and keep synchronize effect of encountering a pokemon with the same nature. Maybe you already knew it but reminding doesn't hurt, and probably this tip may be helpful for synchronizers that want to try it.

To NecrumWarrior: Congrats on charmander, and nice sp attack too. For the challenges is one pokemon per challenge, you can choose in which challenge you want your pokemon to be in, but can't be both. A different story would be if it counts for two different quests or events.
Old August 23rd, 2012, 03:14 PM
ShinyJohtomaster
Shiny Hunter

Can I be a part of the Hunter's club? I'm a hunter.
Old August 23rd, 2012, 06:26 PM
G-Money

10569 Johto starters.
567 Golett/Druddigon/Mienfoo.

Chr. Draco is right about the yearly quest, NecrumWarrior. Each shiny only counts for one portion of the quest, but if it fulfills multiple portions, you get to pick the one for which it counts. So, for example, you now have to option to count Charmander as your egg and SR a Turtwig, or you could count Charmander as your starter and hatch an Absol. You have quite a bit of freedom now. :cer_smile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chr. Draco View Post
To G-Moeney: you can use a KOed pokemon with synchronize in front of the party, that will allow you to fight with the next pokemon and keep synchronize effect of encountering a pokemon with the same nature. Maybe you already knew it but reminding doesn't hurt, and probably this tip may be helpful for synchronizers that want to try it.
Thanks! It's good to know that I don't have to train the level 1 Munna to the point where their level is high enough for me to run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyJohtomaster View Post
Can I be a part of the Hunter's club? I'm a hunter.
Welcome, ShinyJohtomaster! What shinies do you have/are currently hunting?

Last edited by G-Money; August 23rd, 2012 at 08:35 PM. Reason: I added a comma, "lol!" :D
Old August 24th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Necrum

I want to do a soft reset starter, but I don't have any games that I can start over. This is quite the conundrum since I really don't feel like going for another egg yet. Maybe later in the year. For now, I'll work on Shiny Hunter.

Scratch that, I'll do shiny starter when I get White 2!
Old August 25th, 2012, 03:45 AM
Miracle
Beginning Trainer

Hello!

I'd really like to join the Shiny Hunters Club. :-)
Shinies I already have: Umbreon, Swellow, Meganium, Chikorita, Croconaw and Sentret.

I am currently hunting for Shiny Moltres and Shiny Virizion.
Old August 25th, 2012, 07:57 AM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Nature: Lonely
Hello, haven't been here in a while! I have a new shiny!

So I was grinding on route 209 in Sinnoh, when all of a sudden...

appeared! I would've preferred anything else on that route lol, but I'm very happy to have a new shiny! Her name is Anya level 17, bashful nature with simple. Yay!
Old August 25th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Arcturus.
Chews nails and spits napalm

Nature: Quiet
Since deino eggs take forever to hatch, i'm going to start hunting for a shiny trapinch. I always loved flygons and a shiny one will be awesome. Hopefully I won't give up.
CSS|VM/PM|THEME
Old August 25th, 2012, 05:44 PM
Chr. Draco
Dragon Power

To NecrumWarrior: Maybe you can target dragons or maybe a legendary, sometimes is good changing between methods while hunting.

To Miracle: welcome miracle and nice shinies and targets.

To GolurkIsDaBomb: Congrats on Bibarel. Route 209 is one of my favorite routes.

To Element0: Flygons have an interesting combination of colors, it's also an interesting target.
Old August 26th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Congrats on the shiny Charmander, NecrumWarrior!

Congrats on the shiny Bibarel, GolurkIsDaBomb!

Welcome back, ShinyJohtomaster! You were already a member.

Welcome to the club, Miracle!

This week's random hunt is... Trubbish!
Old August 28th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Arceus Whisper
Shiny Hunter

Nature: Lax
Ahem... Ladies and Gentlemen.. I present onto you...
Spoiler:

Shiny Dialga after 2829. Yeah not much to say besides.. oh yea caught it in a poke ball. Now I can move onto my secret hunt which I'm psyched about. =D SO good luck to all you on your hunts

3DS FC: 5284-2430-5346
White FC: 4385-5365-2671
Old August 29th, 2012, 07:31 AM
TheShinyEevee
ShinyHunter Before it was Cool

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TheShinyEevee
Congratulations GolurkisDaBomb and ArceusWhisper - they're both pretty awesome shinies ;3

I also bear some intresting news:

Spoiler:

A new shiny! A Masuda Method Shiny Growlithe, after 54 eggs! I did NOT expect this! I was just hatching some eggs since I felt like doing some hunting, but I hadn't brought my Ruby with me round to the shop, and my DS and Diamond were already there. After less than 15 eggs today, this little guy hatched. I was just sitting with my mum, and I was like "Yeah, we're missing the clothes pegs. Wait, did you already- OH MY GAWD!" She was pretty confused xD

(By the way, I started shiny hunting on the 23rd of August 2011, but I missed my "birthday". Lol. Happy late birthday to me! (?)

EDIT: 10k Treecko SRs! Woot!

EDIT: 11111 Treecko SRs lol! Gotta love funny numbers!

3DS FC: 1032-1814-9041
уσυтυвє | ѕнιηу нυηтєя'ѕ ¢υв | тυмвя

Keep your head up...
Keep your heart strong.

Last edited by TheShinyEevee; September 2nd, 2012 at 01:29 PM.
Old August 31st, 2012, 11:23 PM
rager3
Akatsuki Member

Damn i got a Shiny update video that is HD quality but i cant be bothered to upload it. İt bloody wants 142 minutes to upload

http://s7.zetaboards.com/Nuzlocke_Fo...8719781/1/#new

The greatest form of control is when you think you're free when you're being fundamentally manipulated and dictated to. One form of dictatorship is being in a prison cell and you can see the bars and touch them. The other one is sitting in a prison cell but you can't see the bars but you think you're free.
~Vinnie paz
Old September 1st, 2012, 01:35 PM
Necrum

So, is it possible to recieve the event Keldeo as a shiny? If so, would it count for the shiny legend? Either way, i'll probably be hunting one.
Old September 1st, 2012, 09:45 PM
Lorenzo The Comic
Pokégen User

Nature: Docile
Last night I was grinding my Lax Luxio so I could evolve it, and for some reason my favorite Pokémon decided to shine. It's Modest, coupled with Pokérus.
Old September 2nd, 2012, 08:26 AM
Keruso

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecrumWarrior View Post
So, is it possible to recieve the event Keldeo as a shiny? If so, would it count for the shiny legend? Either way, i'll probably be hunting one.
if it's not specifically stated that it is shiny, then no, it is not going to be Shiny

Lorenzo, you never stated what shiny you got. not all of us know what your favorite Pokemon is
Old September 2nd, 2012, 06:27 PM
Necrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keruso View Post
if it's not specifically stated that it is shiny, then no, it is not going to be Shiny
Well that's disappointing, but enlightening. Thank you for telling me before I made a horrible mistake.

Currently Hunting: Any Wild Pokemon!
Old September 2nd, 2012, 09:18 PM
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Congrats on the shiny Dialga, Arceus Whisper!

Congrats on the shiny Growlithe, TSE!

This week's random hunt is... Eevee!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links