The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #101    
Old August 24th, 2012 (05:02 PM).
RichterSnipes's Avatar
RichterSnipes
Simpleton
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: USA
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
I just realized something that might complicate the progression into Hoenn for this hack: Won't you guys have to include new overworld sprites for human characters that only appear in RSE? FireRed's sprites had a more traditional, top-down style than those in RSE, as seen by alternate sprites for the playable characters in the 3rd generation (Brendan and May have different OW sprtes for FR/LG from what they were in RSE, and vice versa for the FR/LG player characters' OW sprites in Emerald).

This would affect many characters in the game, including Gym Leaders, the Elite Four, Steven, Teams Aqua/Magma, and other significant characters. Do you guys already have something planned for that? I'm just asking because I've seen other hacks that use OW sprites from both games simultaneously, which looks quite distracting. Plus it looks as if you'll be making the Hoenn maps with FR tiles anyways, if the Littleroot Town pic in the OP is anything to base it off of. Not a necessity, but more of an aesthetically-pleasing choice.
  #102    
Old August 24th, 2012 (11:31 PM).
Gerokunz
7
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: =/
Age: 15
What a great news!
You're back!
Is that a Beta or Completed?
__________________
=/
  #103    
Old August 25th, 2012 (01:14 AM).
Dimebag's Avatar
Dimebag
333
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Sky Valley
Gender: Male
Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichterSnipes View Post
I just realized something that might complicate the progression into Hoenn for this hack: Won't you guys have to include new overworld sprites for human characters that only appear in RSE? FireRed's sprites had a more traditional, top-down style than those in RSE, as seen by alternate sprites for the playable characters in the 3rd generation (Brendan and May have different OW sprtes for FR/LG from what they were in RSE, and vice versa for the FR/LG player characters' OW sprites in Emerald).

This would affect many characters in the game, including Gym Leaders, the Elite Four, Steven, Teams Aqua/Magma, and other significant characters. Do you guys already have something planned for that? I'm just asking because I've seen other hacks that use OW sprites from both games simultaneously, which looks quite distracting. Plus it looks as if you'll be making the Hoenn maps with FR tiles anyways, if the Littleroot Town pic in the OP is anything to base it off of. Not a necessity, but more of an aesthetically-pleasing choice.
It won't be necessary to have rse people inside...and i think hoenn will be with fr lg tiles..
  #104    
Old August 25th, 2012 (03:31 AM).
Tetra's Avatar
Tetra
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: England, UK
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
It would take a lot more time converting them to FR style, and the only ones we are going to insert are Team Magma and Aqua. How would they look in FR Style...?

Awesome. Suicune's back. :) We will try out best to get it released next week or even sooner! :)
  #105    
Old August 25th, 2012 (03:44 AM).
lukasz_pro's Avatar
lukasz_pro
Saiyan Prince
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Poland,Gdańsk
Gender: Male
Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
Hey guys, sorry for the delay I've been quite busy but I'll resume work on the hack ASAP and should be released by this weekend (hopefully)!
this will be final relase ? (i mean the "story")
anyway great job !! :D
cant wait to play full version


did u plan in future to change some tiles (trees , grass) ?
  #106    
Old August 25th, 2012 (10:20 AM).
RichterSnipes's Avatar
RichterSnipes
Simpleton
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: USA
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by atif View Post
It would take a lot more time converting them to FR style, and the only ones we are going to insert are Team Magma and Aqua. How would they look in FR Style...?
Oh, so no extra Gym Leaders or Hoenn Elite Four, then? That's OK, the ability to go to Hoenn in the first place is great enough. And I have no idea as to what overworld FR Aqua/Magma would look like. All I know is that the sprites would be quite different from what they are in RSE.

And I am happy to see Suicune back, in case anyone was wondering.
  #107    
Old August 25th, 2012 (02:11 PM).
Dimebag's Avatar
Dimebag
333
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Sky Valley
Gender: Male
Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichterSnipes View Post
Oh, so no extra Gym Leaders or Hoenn Elite Four, then? That's OK, the ability to go to Hoenn in the first place is great enough. And I have no idea as to what overworld FR Aqua/Magma would look like. All I know is that the sprites would be quite different from what they are in RSE.

And I am happy to see Suicune back, in case anyone was wondering.
I think that the gym leaders will be in and e4 too dunno if it's possible though
  #108    
Old August 25th, 2012 (02:20 PM).
Hoenn's Avatar
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hoenn ☆
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
The Elite Four & Gym Leaders will be in the game without a doubt but whether the sprites will be I don't know, if not then they will have FR OW's.
__________________


Playtime : 35:03 | Badges : 6 | Pokédex : 69
  #109    
Old August 25th, 2012 (09:58 PM).
RichterSnipes's Avatar
RichterSnipes
Simpleton
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: USA
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
The Elite Four & Gym Leaders will be in the game without a doubt but whether the sprites will be I don't know, if not then they will have FR OW's.
Gyms/E4 are in then? Regardless of how they're implemented, the important thing is that they will be. Well that's good to hear, I've gotten a bit confused on that based on wording. I do that sometimes...
  #110    
Old August 26th, 2012 (02:37 AM).
Hoenn's Avatar
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hoenn ☆
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichterSnipes View Post
Gyms/E4 are in then? Regardless of how they're implemented, the important thing is that they will be. Well that's good to hear, I've gotten a bit confused on that based on wording. I do that sometimes...
Yeah basically they will be included but they might not have the sprites from RSE so we will just use random sprites from FRLG instead.
__________________


Playtime : 35:03 | Badges : 6 | Pokédex : 69
  #111    
Old August 26th, 2012 (03:34 AM). Edited August 26th, 2012 by Dimebag.
Dimebag's Avatar
Dimebag
333
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Sky Valley
Gender: Male
Nature: Gentle
yeah the same problem occurred in snakewood where there wasn't any other space for ow's and so landon had a cool trainer ow and may too.
But it wouldn't matter using fr ow's at least use fr ow's that "fit " with the leader eg for roxanne use the lass ow and so on...
Also you will need a certain ticket to to hoenn ? And there will be post game events in hoenn with team magma and aqua involving groudon,kyogre and ( maybe ) rayquaza ? ( atif mentioned it)
Oh! DAMN! I can't wait for it !
  #112    
Old August 26th, 2012 (05:14 AM).
Tetra's Avatar
Tetra
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: England, UK
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Team Magma will be in Kanto. After you beat the champion, you move to Hoenn, Littleroot Town. Team Aqua will be in Hoenn! You ctach Groudon in Kanto and Kyogre and Rayquaza in Hoenn. :)
  #113    
Old August 26th, 2012 (05:42 AM).
Hoenn's Avatar
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hoenn ☆
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Quote:
Originally Posted by gam3r! View Post
yeah the same problem occurred in snakewood where there wasn't any other space for ow's and so landon had a cool trainer ow and may too.
But it wouldn't matter using fr ow's at least use fr ow's that "fit " with the leader eg for roxanne use the lass ow and so on...
Also you will need a certain ticket to to hoenn ? And there will be post game events in hoenn with team magma and aqua involving groudon,kyogre and ( maybe ) rayquaza ? ( atif mentioned it)
Oh! DAMN! I can't wait for it !
Yeah exactly, we'll probably use the Lass Sprite for Roxanne, the Beauty for Winona etc, with everything else such as battle screen sprite, teams etc will be the same as RSE except higher levels obviously considering you go to Hoenn AFTER Kanto. As Atif said after you beat the champion we will try to implement some sort of events that results in you being transported to Littleroot Town in Hoenn.
__________________


Playtime : 35:03 | Badges : 6 | Pokédex : 69
  #114    
Old August 26th, 2012 (07:07 AM).
Dimebag's Avatar
Dimebag
333
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Sky Valley
Gender: Male
Nature: Gentle
You could add something like this : after you beat the champion you will be back in pallet town just like in normal fr and oak instead of giving you the national dex he can give you a ticket for seagallop ferries ( if possible) and saying that prof. birch invited you in hoenn or something like. that. Also im a bit comfused...will sevii isles be in ? Furthermore you could add some of the legendaries in hoenn. I am really waiting to see how you will be able to catch all of the "special" pokemon
EDIT: It's on progressing hacks !!!! Cool !
  #115    
Old August 26th, 2012 (07:26 AM).
Tetra's Avatar
Tetra
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: England, UK
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
You will able to go to Sevii and Hoenn once you have won the League.
There will be a warp where Groudon used to be, after you have beaten him. That will teleport you to your house in Littleroot. :)
As for the Legendaries there are different ways. Deoxys will be found where the entrance of Dotted Hole is. :D And Ho-Oh and Lugia are controlled by Magma. I can't tell you the area to find these, though. :D
  #116    
Old August 26th, 2012 (08:11 AM). Edited August 26th, 2012 by Dimebag.
Dimebag's Avatar
Dimebag
333
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Sky Valley
Gender: Male
Nature: Gentle
So groudon will be in sevii right ? where ruby ( the key item) was i think. Also moltres will be in mt ember? And how will we be able to get to sootopolis ? I think you said that you will add dive spots ( i know that there's a tutorial )
But another way to get to hoenn is to meet steven and he would drop you off in littleroot with his skarmory
And thanks for not using event islands ( faraway island , birth island and. navel rock ) because i remember the issue with tbe event isles in expert emerald...
  #117    
Old August 26th, 2012 (02:10 PM).
Hoenn's Avatar
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hoenn ☆
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Quote:
Originally Posted by gam3r! View Post
So groudon will be in sevii right ? where ruby ( the key item) was i think. Also moltres will be in mt ember? And how will we be able to get to sootopolis ? I think you said that you will add dive spots ( i know that there's a tutorial )
But another way to get to hoenn is to meet steven and he would drop you off in littleroot with his skarmory
And thanks for not using event islands ( faraway island , birth island and. navel rock ) because i remember the issue with tbe event isles in expert emerald...
Yeah, Moltres will be in Mt. Ember and Groudon will be located somewhere in Kanto.

Just a quick update, I've been working hard on getting the wild Pokemon sorted since it was only edited upto Rock Tunnel, I'm currently on Route 14 but judging by the speed I'm getting them done a release should hopefully be out by tomorrow afternoon.
__________________


Playtime : 35:03 | Badges : 6 | Pokédex : 69
  #118    
Old August 26th, 2012 (03:44 PM). Edited August 26th, 2012 by EnsaladaDeTomate.
EnsaladaDeTomate
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Gender: Male
Hey, awesome hack, i rlly enjoy play every second of it

One question, r u going to use pokemon emerald songs? cause i love the VS. Theme of Brendan/May, n the pokemon animations, n the double battle's with random trainers, but this is a great hack, just waiting when is next beta done xD

I liked the project of Chaos Rush (Pokemon DarkViolet) too, but i guess he stopped from working on it, n this is one of the few hack's that i had found where u can go to another region (From Kanto to Hoenn) (except Shiny Gold n fakemon regions etc etc etc...) n if i find one someday where u start at Hoenn n then u can travel to Kanto or Johto (or both) that would be awesome...

Btw, Chaos Rush added in his project to Leaf/Red (if ur a girl or boy ofc ) as another secondary rival, n that would bee good too, cause when U n "Blue" select ur pokemons at Oak's lab, theres always an abandoned and lonely pokeball, n it sucks a bit (for me), and also add Brendan too w/ May to the story (not just May) cause u cant play w/them here n see both of them n Leaf/Red too in the ongoing of the story would be great and interesting...

Keep working on this amanizg hack, can't wait for next beta xD

Oh btw idk if this is a bug, but Pallet Town play's a Johto music (idk from wich town )
  #119    
Old August 26th, 2012 (07:39 PM).
rudy93
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Gender: Male
Sounds like a cool game hope u finish it soon can't wait to play it dude xD
  #120    
Old August 26th, 2012 (10:26 PM).
ROBO-BOY's Avatar
ROBO-BOY
The Monkey Man
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Ecruteak City, Johto
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
If it's not too late to request trainers, I'd like to have the following in the game. Pick the levels to wherever you feel suite the area of game it would be in..:

Youngster Taylor (Because I'm a boy)

Pokemon:

Aipom

Larvitar

Ditto

Dratini
__________________
Ok, so it is my Johto Dream Team...
  #121    
Old August 27th, 2012 (04:45 AM).
Satoshi111's Avatar
Satoshi111
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Great work, but are all the Gym Leader/Elite Four/Pokemon Event Changes in the docs allready included?
  #122    
Old August 27th, 2012 (11:39 AM). Edited August 27th, 2012 by DrFuji.
Hoenn's Avatar
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hoenn ☆
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satoshi111 View Post
Great work, but are all the Gym Leader/Elite Four/Pokemon Event Changes in the docs allready included?
Well in the next release which is being released early this week (Tue/Wed) will include all eight Gym Leaders of Kanto, the Elite Four & The first Gym of Hoenn which is now Norman.


Quick Update:

Here's a couple of images from the next release (Hoenn)


__________________


Playtime : 35:03 | Badges : 6 | Pokédex : 69
  #123    
Old August 27th, 2012 (03:07 PM).
MegaKuriboh's Avatar
MegaKuriboh
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: ROM Hacking world
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Another question, are you able to implement Hoenn music? Like Route and City tracks, and Battle Themes?
Edit: Also will Frontier Brains be in too?
  #124    
Old August 28th, 2012 (01:07 AM).
Dimebag's Avatar
Dimebag
333
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Sky Valley
Gender: Male
Nature: Gentle
Hey suicune, cool update! But i think that normans gym doesn't need stairs to get on it....what i mean is that the gym normally is on the same level as the rest of the city, except wally's house which indeed needs stairs to reach it
  #125    
Old August 28th, 2012 (07:28 AM).
Hoenn's Avatar
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hoenn ☆
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Quote:
Originally Posted by gam3r! View Post
Hey suicune, cool update! But i think that normans gym doesn't need stairs to get on it....what i mean is that the gym normally is on the same level as the rest of the city, except wally's house which indeed needs stairs to reach it
Yeah, I'm not sure why it's been designed like that since atif mapped it but I think it looks better like that rather than having it all on one level.
__________________


Playtime : 35:03 | Badges : 6 | Pokédex : 69
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 07:10 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.