Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Trading Card Game
Notices

Pokémon Trading Card Game The forum for the Pokémon TCG and Pokemon TCG Online. Post your deck to get rated, rate other decks, ask questions, talk about strategy, etc.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 25th, 2012, 05:46 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Advertise here
Even still, it's far more likely to be worth far less than the non-flawed version.

And no, stuff like this doesn't actually happen very often, especially when you consider the number of cards printed.
Old August 26th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Heeblestruts
Beginning Trainer

Ok, thank you very much for your help!
Old August 28th, 2012, 02:55 AM
NyctiCorax
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyctiCorax View Post
I have a misprint neo genesis meganium (not sure whether it's 10 or 11 from that set, need to check, and I will make a photo when I get the chance).
It has a patch around the image edge where the green is more teal like, as if one of the colors in the printer failed to work correctly.

Is this known from other cards? I couldn't find any info on it anywhere I looked.
And how much could it be worth?

If you'd rather first see the image, I'll try and get it as soon as possible.
I think my post was missed, or do you want an image. Please let me know then I will get one (haven't been at home for some weeks since I'm on campus, so I'd need to ask someone there..)
Old August 28th, 2012, 11:02 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyctiCorax View Post
I think my post was missed, or do you want an image. Please let me know then I will get one (haven't been at home for some weeks since I'm on campus, so I'd need to ask someone there..)
Could have sworn I had posted asking for a picture of it.

That or I said it was worth far less than its non-printing error counterpart, as a proper misprint is considered to be when the text of a card is erroneous, as that usually creates more than one copy of a given error, so that error is verifiable as not being damage.
Old September 4th, 2012, 09:35 AM
bowzerfan321
Beginning Trainer

1. Mewtwo (misprint error) PSA 8
2. Promo Release
3. 3
4. not 1st edition
5. not shadowless
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-09-01 00.38.27.jpg‎ (422.5 KB, 14 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old September 4th, 2012, 08:09 PM
latioslegends
What worries you masters you

Nature: Quirky
How much would a Clash of the Blue Sky (Japanese) nonfirstedition Latias, Latios, and Rayquaza be worth?

Thanks for the help.
Trade thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=174003

D/P FC 4596-6614-8172
Old September 4th, 2012, 09:30 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowzerfan321 View Post
1. Mewtwo (misprint error) PSA 8
2. Promo Release
3. 3
4. not 1st edition
5. not shadowless
Based on your own research, you're saying it last went for $800, right? What was the grading of that version?

Quote:
Originally Posted by latioslegends View Post
How much would a Clash of the Blue Sky (Japanese) nonfirstedition Latias, Latios, and Rayquaza be worth?

Thanks for the help. :)
The Latias/Latios duo is being listed for $36 and $59 by 2 different sellers on eBay, while Latios by itself is being listed for $38 and $48 by 2 other sellers on eBay, with the $48 listing being listed by a top-rated seller. Latias by itself is being listed for $59, but not by a top-rated seller, while Rayquaza is being listed for $49 by itself, but again not by a top-rated seller.

Depending on the condition, I'd say that your best bet for selling the trio together is $100. You'll probably get more listing them individually, and you will probably have the best luck in the $40 to $45 range, but even then, it doesn't seem to have sold very well over the last month in that price range.

Last edited by donavannj; September 4th, 2012 at 09:39 PM.
Old September 4th, 2012, 10:31 PM
latioslegends

Quote:
The Latias/Latios duo is being listed for $36 and $59 by 2 different sellers on eBay, while Latios by itself is being listed for $38 and $48 by 2 other sellers on eBay, with the $48 listing being listed by a top-rated seller. Latias by itself is being listed for $59, but not by a top-rated seller, while Rayquaza is being listed for $49 by itself, but again not by a top-rated seller.

Depending on the condition, I'd say that your best bet for selling the trio together is $100. You'll probably get more listing them individually, and you will probably have the best luck in the $40 to $45 range, but even then, it doesn't seem to have sold very well over the last month in that price range.
Thanks a lot for the info on the value of the cards. I'm actually the buyer this time around and I'm trying to find what price range I should go for. From a buyer's perspective do you think each is worth $30 each (as a maximum price) and, in your opinion, would the value go down or up in next few months?

Thank you for the price tips! =]

D/P FC 4596-6614-8172
Old September 4th, 2012, 10:41 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Oh, in that case, $30 each would be a pretty good deal if you've found someone willing to sell them for that low. For some reason, there seems to have been a sudden drop in the prices of the listings that have sold for these three cards since the beginning of August, where they were going from $40 to $50 each, but since then they've gone for $30 to $40 each.
Old September 5th, 2012, 06:43 AM
latioslegends

Quote:
Oh, in that case, $30 each would be a pretty good deal if you've found someone willing to sell them for that low. For some reason, there seems to have been a sudden drop in the prices of the listings that have sold for these three cards since the beginning of August, where they were going from $40 to $50 each, but since then they've gone for $30 to $40 each.
Wait, so at $30 dollars that is a significant price decrease? If that's true, how much do their English counterparts from the EX Deoxys value at?

Now if I decide to buy the Latios and Latias at the buy it now price of $60.00 their value may increase $15 in the next few month hopefully, great to hear! Is the reason the prices are down because the school year is starting up for everyone, me included, or are the Japanese cards becoming less valuable?

Thank you for the advice.

D/P FC 4596-6614-8172
Old September 5th, 2012, 06:45 AM
bowzerfan321
Beginning Trainer

No, that was the ungraded version

I feel like this version should be worth a lot more because it is authenticated and is no longer a threat of being fake.

Last edited by bowzerfan321; September 5th, 2012 at 09:03 AM.
Old September 5th, 2012, 09:40 AM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by latioslegends View Post
Wait, so at $30 dollars that is a significant price decrease? If that's true, how much do their English counterparts from the EX Deoxys value at?

Now if I decide to buy the Latios and Latias at the buy it now price of $60.00 their value may increase $15 in the next few month hopefully, great to hear! Is the reason the prices are down because the school year is starting up for everyone, me included, or are the Japanese cards becoming less valuable?

Thank you for the advice.
It might be because of an oversaturation of the card on the market versus the past, but I can't really tell for sure.

Quote:
No, that was the ungraded version

I feel like this version should be worth a lot more because it is authenticated and is no longer a threat of being fake.
Well, since there's been so little precedent, I can't really appraise its worth. Try listing it for what you think it's worth and see if it sells. I highly doubt you'll get more than $3000 for it, though.
Old September 5th, 2012, 11:34 AM
bowzerfan321
Beginning Trainer

What do you think about a Raichu, 1st edition misprint? I don't know much about it but I haven't seen another one show up on ebay yet. The misprint is in the bottom left corner of the description box.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-09-05 15.31.39.jpg‎ (345.8 KB, 17 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old September 5th, 2012, 11:01 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
What do you think about a Raichu, 1st edition misprint? I don't know much about it but I haven't seen another one show up on ebay yet. The misprint is in the bottom left corner of the description box.
Now that may not be worth very much. It's rare, but at first glance it looks like a splotch of ink somehow got printed onto the card, not the first edition symbol. It also doesn't seem like a very well known error. For the non-error version, non-PSA graded versions haven't been fetching more than $8 in most cases, with a few lucky sellers having someone buy it for $16. Of the non-error version, PSA graded ones are only fetching between $24 and $36.

Might not be worth much more than that. Depends on how many others have that same Raichu.
Old September 6th, 2012, 05:36 AM
bowzerfan321
Beginning Trainer

Im sorry I couldn't take a better picture of it, but looking at it close up, it is the first edition logo, thanks again for the advice
Old September 6th, 2012, 11:55 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

I could certainly tell it was there after looking for a little bit, but I don't know how many others would recognize that on the spot, and there's no information out about any misprints for that particular Raichu card as far as I can tell.
Old September 7th, 2012, 08:34 PM
rpg man
My new account is Critx

Nature: Naughty
Rayquza C Lv X

Lugia Ex

Shiny Mew

and Shiny Charizard
My new account is Critx!

I made a new account was cuz i didn't like the name RPg Man
Old September 7th, 2012, 09:08 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Rayquaza C Lv. X - This one's all over the map on what it sells for, but the most consistent range seems to be $10 to $15.

Lugia ex - Seems to be $30 to $35 as to what it will most consistently sell for.

Shiny Mew - Could you upload a picture as an attachment to your next post? I would like to know which card you're talking about, as there are a couple you could mean here.

Shiny Charizard - See what I asked about Shiny Mew above and that's basically what I'd like you to do for Shiny Charizard, as again, there are a few different cards you could mean here.
Old September 8th, 2012, 09:53 AM
rpg man
My new account is Critx

I have a couple shiny charizards...

and my Shiny mews

I also have this card:
My new account is Critx!

Old September 8th, 2012, 12:32 PM
MikePoke
Beginning Trainer

Hey I had a few questions. I have the complete unlimited base set in mint condition. I was wondering how much it would be worth?

Also I was wondering how much a complete first edition shadowless base set would go for?

Thanks
Old September 8th, 2012, 08:34 PM
K1ngQu33n
Electrical Swampert

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpg man View Post

and my Shiny mews

I also have this card:
Could you tell me the number/ID of the card? Than I will try to help you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePoke View Post
Hey I had a few questions. I have the complete unlimited base set in mint condition. I was wondering how much it would be worth?

Also I was wondering how much a complete first edition shadowless base set would go for?

Thanks
Base set unlimited sells for about 120$

B/W 2 FC: 4213 2061 7946

Last edited by K1ngQu33n; September 8th, 2012 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old September 9th, 2012, 12:12 AM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Thank you for the help, sir!

Quote:

and my Shiny mews

I also have this card:
It's be nice to have bigger pictures next time, but I can tell what these ones are.

Charizard (star): Depends on the condition, but in mint or near mint it's $45 to $55.

Shining Charizard (English): $45 to $55 for a mint or near mint card.

Shining Charizard (Japanese): $45 to $55 for a mint or near mint card.

Coro Coro Shining Mew (Japanese): $55 to $65 for a mint or near mint card.

Mew (star): $30 to $40 for a mint or near mint card.

Latias (star): $$30 to $40 for a mint or near mint card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePoke View Post

Thanks
1st edition shadowless base set: $1000 to $1500, based on the what seems to be the middle range of sold listing prices over the last few months on eBay. Any lower than $1000 seems to be undervaluing it to me, though.
Old September 9th, 2012, 03:43 AM
K1ngQu33n
Electrical Swampert

Quote:
Originally Posted by donavannj View Post
Thank you for the help, sir!

It's be nice to have bigger pictures next time, but I can tell what these ones are.

Charizard (star): Depends on the condition, but in mint or near mint it's $45 to $55.

Shining Charizard (English): $45 to $55 for a mint or near mint card.

Shining Charizard (Japanese): $45 to $55 for a mint or near mint card.

Coro Coro Shining Mew (Japanese): $55 to $65 for a mint or near mint card.

Mew (star): $30 to $40 for a mint or near mint card.

Latias (star): $$30 to $40 for a mint or near mint card.

1st edition shadowless base set: $1000 to $1500, based on the what seems to be the middle range of sold listing prices over the last few months on eBay. Any lower than $1000 seems to be undervaluing it to me, though.
I don't think base set is 1000$. It says in my book that it's 120$.

Old September 9th, 2012, 08:32 AM
rpg man
My new account is Critx

Also these cards:

and this one:

All mint
My new account is Critx!

Old September 9th, 2012, 11:13 AM
K1ngQu33n
Electrical Swampert

Announcement! Everyone, I just got the beckett monthly subscription, Now I can check all of your cards legit. WHOS FIRST!?

Quote:
Also these cards:

and this one:

All mint
The mewtwo [star] is 21-30$

Last edited by K1ngQu33n; September 9th, 2012 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here