• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Hyetology

Do you mind corrupted music (I'll fix it later)?

• No - I mute VBA's volume anyway

Votes: 664 55.6%
  • No - I can deal with it for now

Votes: 263 22.0%
  • Yes - I won't play if the music is corrupted

Votes: 54 4.5%
  • Yes - It'll kinda ruin it for me :/

Votes: 213 17.8%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
I checked and I didn't see anything wrong with that script, or the one that warps you to the Ch 3 screen :\

Try rejecting his initial offer, then talking to his sprite manually. That might work as a temp workaround.

ty it helped :) and where do i get waterfall?
EDIT: what do i do after getting 8 badges xD

Last edited:
Years
Hi Hinkage, loving it so far even though I'm not far in.

Like you, I couldn't care less about a few script errors etc. as long as I get to play a cool new version I'm ecstatic.

Was just wondering if you happened to have a list of pokemon available and if some, like trade evolutions, have been redone?
Sorry if you've answered that already and I missed it.

Thanks.

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2016
Hi hinkage, do u mind creating a walkthrough/pokemon available on which route maybe via notepad for ur rom hack? Thanks in advance!

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
Okay, so I found the Final Destination (lol) but then this happens

Copy11ofPokemonHyetology_01.png

I got all 8 badges, found out a certain someone is evil (you know who) and got to the part where you talk about the teenage rest spot or something like that, I am also already in New Canaan. Help please?

Also I made a gallery of all the glitches I found if you want to fix them. http://s1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff499/Pikakitten/Other/

Thanks!

Sincerely
~PikakittenX

Pinta77

I've never played a successful emerald hack before. Now that school has started, im going to download this so I can play it in class :)

Years
  • Seen Jan 24, 2013
I don't know where to go, can anyone help. I'm up to James Woods, and I can't find any other place to advance.

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
I don't know where to go, can anyone help. I'm up to James Woods, and I can't find any other place to advance.

Try fullscreening your emulator and looking really closely at everything in (lolol) James Woods.

HOW TO OPEN UPS FILES????

You need a program called tsukuyomi ups.

Also, here's an update:
There will be no more updates (99% chance). I think this game turned out to be a disaster, and I'm tired of 2D Pokemon ROM hacking. It would make a much better novel or something, maybe. I dunno.

It's been a good two years, but there's only so much one can do on the GBA, like I said.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Try fullscreening your emulator and looking really closely at everything in (lolol) James Woods.

You need a program called tsukuyomi ups.

Also, here's an update:
There will be no more updates (99% chance). I think this game turned out to be a disaster, and I'm tired of 2D Pokemon ROM hacking. It would make a much better novel or something, maybe. I dunno.

It's been a good two years, but there's only so much one can do on the GBA, like I said.

I don't think it turned out to be a disaster. If people are enjoying it, it must be good. I haven't played through it all yet, but from what I've played, I had my share of laughs and excitement. Since you're done with 2D Rom Hacking, what are you gonna move on too now?

hinkage

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
I don't think it turned out to be a disaster. If people are enjoying it, it must be good. I haven't played through it all yet, but from what I've played, I had my share of laughs and excitement. Since you're done with 2D Rom Hacking, what are you gonna move on too now?

In my mind it is. It'll never live up to my expectations because of hardware limitations (and because it's Pokemon, so it's sort of stuck in a formula), really. Besides, people enjoy <insert hated pop star here> but that doesn't make them good. Just sayin.

What I mean by being done with 2D hacking is that I'll be quitting unless I get super motivated one day, or someone finally makes a D/P map viewer/editor (not me tho cuz I'm lazy). I actually wanted to stop since June, but I had promised a release and forced myself to work. I'm not moving on to anything.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
In my mind it is. It'll never live up to my expectations because of hardware limitations (and because it's Pokemon, so it's sort of stuck in a formula), really. Besides, people enjoy <insert hated pop star here> but that doesn't make them good. Just sayin.

What I mean by being done with 2D hacking is that I'll be quitting unless I get super motivated one day, or someone finally makes a D/P map viewer/editor (not me tho cuz I'm lazy). I actually wanted to stop since June, but I had promised a release and forced myself to work. I'm not moving on to anything.
As long as you understand what you're doing, it would be possible to recode the whole game into something else. There aren't that large limitations in GBA hardware; you can point anywhere in rom which is for example impossible in GB/C. There is also A LOT more ram to work with. I do know most of the ram is "echoed" but still, there is a plenty of room for adding new stuff in the workable parts of it.

If you wanted to create something very unique, it would only be a matter of knowing how to do so.

hinkage

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
I meant actual hardware limitations. As in, you can't run an exact copy of a 360 game on a GBA.

Years
I know this is probably a really dumb question...but when is the final version out, do you think? I'd just like a really good idea of when to start playing, since I'm still a newbie to the hack rom world, and I don't want to risk corrupting my saved game and starting over again. (If this is the final version, tell me so and laugh at my noobness.)

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
Hinkage is really burnt out, so I think he'll either stick it out and bug fix everything that needs fixing, or just call it quits methinks. So, IMO this is probably the final release for at least a little while.

Hinky, can you shed some light on this? :)

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Sorry to see you lose motivation, hopefully one day you'll come back (like me :D ).

On the other hand, you will only feel limited if you follow the cliche and obvious route there is in a fire red game. Your mind is not limited, be creative see what you can do.

hinkage

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
Giradialkia deleted the links because he and Dr. Fuji are upset I "insulted" Fireworks merely by making an NPC with the name "Fireworks" who brags about how awesome a hacker he is, when in reality he is not so good.

I had asked Gira to make a post informing all of you of the deleted links, so you would be aware I didn't remove them out of the blue, but his lack of a reply seems to indicate he just wants my masterpiece to fail. Nonetheless, I'll be uploading a fixed version without the character "Fireworks".

As for future updates, I dunno. I really want to start doing real, 3D enviroment games. I think Zelda OOT is cool, so I'm going to try to passively learn that; there's not really any tools for it besides Utility of Time (and I dunno how it handles event/script editing), so we'll see how it goes.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 18, 2020
Pokecommunity isn't the only place you can show your game off on ;)

There are places like romhacking.net and such, I know places like that wouldn't remove links over something so petty.

Best of Luck to you :)

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Disrespect on PC is not allowed, regardless as to whether it is in the form of a post or a hack.

The idea that the NPC is in no way related to the PC member Fireworks is completely absurd, as other members have been portrayed in Hyetology. There is absolutely no room for coincidence or joking in this situation as we know that the two of you have a less than amicable relationship. With that in mind, the NPC is just a poor and troll-worthy representation which has no place on these forums. Members have even posted reactions to the NPC which were in themselves inflammatory and required moderation. I would like to repeat myself from earlier: Disrespect on PC is not allowed, regardless as to whether it is in the form of a post or a hack.

giradialkia and I had issued a warning and our intent to remove the links unless the NPC was removed/ changed completely, but since that did not take place we took action. We did not make a post here informing everybody that the links to downloads had been removed as we had contacted hinkage privately and didn't feel that such a post was necessary - Members could easily scroll down to see that it was myself or gira who had edited the links in the posts.

Now please keep this thread on topic. This thread should be about the hack itself, not future plans or discussions about the NPC. hinkage, if you want to contact us then feel free to do so through PM.

Back