The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 20th, 2012, 04:12 AM
Xeninacra
Ripper

Nature: Gentle
Some people just can't help it, they need their favourite legendaries in their team so as soon as they catch them, they start training them. But others just catch them to fill the Pokédex and leave them in a box.

Personally, I catch them and leave them in a box. I have to say that before DPPt, I often used them in my team and leveled them up to 100 but now, I see them as rare and valuable Pokémon (in fact it's what legendaries are) so I just keep them untouched (I do the same with Pokémon events, even if they're ordinary Pokémon like a Magmortar).

So what do you often do?

Allez, hop!
Old August 20th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Infernova
Simple Philosopher

Nature: Adamant
I often only keep one on my team; usualy the main legendary in the game. I used to love fighting people and when they would faint my infernape, I would bring out dialga and ebliterate the rest of their team with roar of time or draco meteor.
Old August 20th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Fire Flyy
metaphysical poet

Nature: Sassy
I only use them if my team isn't balanced and I need another body in there to help beat the Pokemon league, I think I did this in HG, LG, and Diamond :]!
Old August 20th, 2012, 04:17 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I usually keep the box legendary Pokemon on my team, but Emerald was an exception because Rayquaza's level was so high before doing the Sootopolis Gym that I had a hard time catching it.

Old August 20th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Bourne-mouth
Trainer

Nature: Serious
I only keep them in my team when I play casually, usually the version mascot. Even in Emerald where I had such an overpowered legendary. It helped me a lot running through the Pokemon League.
Old August 20th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Miss Fortune
Fortune doesn't favor fools!

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Miss Fortune
I hate training with legendaries. One reason is when you get to them your team is probably already shaping up. They are also caught on such a high level it is harder to train them like you want and get used to them.

Old August 20th, 2012, 06:07 PM
Pokemon Trainer UV
Attractively foolish

I don't really feel right with legendary Pokemon.. they're already naturally powerful and at high stats, so you'll reach their limits much faster. Meanwhile, your ordinary Pokemon grew along with you and went through many hardships to gain their strengths. It's just much easier to bond with normal Pokemon..
Old August 20th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I sometimes use Legendaries but they hardly become part of my regular team.

However, I did use Reshiram when I played Black near the end of the main story. Mine got a good nature too (Modest).

Paired with Kouzan, Isaac and Heartouch
Battle Server | Tumblr | Profile | Supporter

Old August 20th, 2012, 10:48 PM
Brendino

Nature: Quiet
I rarely use legendary Pokemon as a part of my team, as it almost seems like an unfair advantage to be using them. On occassion, I might have one as my 5th or 6th party member on my first Elite Four run, but it's more for insurance than anything.
Old August 20th, 2012, 10:53 PM
FrozenInfernoZX
Legendary Trainer ZX

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to FrozenInfernoZX
I don't use legends because it makes the game much easier. Also the AI is not the challenging to begin with. I broke this rule when I played Pokemon Flora Sky though, lol.

The Past -------------------- The Future
Pokémon Teal Version
: Alphere's Throne
Pokémon Ultimate ZX
: God of Restoration
Uiyto region map still in progress...
Old August 21st, 2012, 05:44 AM
Pothus
The Necromancer

Nature: Lax
Ugh, I hate using legendaries.

When I do I feel like I'm cheating.

I catch them, but don't use them.
Old August 21st, 2012, 06:54 AM
psyanic
There's Something About Lamps

Nature: Bold
When I was younger, I used legendary Pokemon more often because they tended to be higher levels than the Pokemon I trained, so they replaced them in a way. Newer, faster, and stronger. But nowadays I throw them in the box and leave them there.
Old August 21st, 2012, 08:05 AM
Itcheeee

I don't use them, legendaries or events, I had to use my Dialga to finish the Elite four in Diamond but mainly, because I never even had a team. Kept using all my Pokemon. So i prefer to just use my team and the other few that are required, like Wailord and Relicanth in Emerald. I prefer my legendaries untouched, for ev and trade ability reasons.
Old August 21st, 2012, 12:24 PM
ThisOrTheApocalypse
Bananas

Nature: Relaxed
I hate using legendaries for the most part. I always like to go with a theme for my team, or just try to make it as balanced as possible.
Old August 21st, 2012, 02:08 PM
DracoStarfall
Ω We fly Sky-High Ω

I don't really tend to have legendaries in my team, as they make the game way too easy. For example, in Pokemon Emerald, the feature of being able to catch Rayquaza before the 8th gym battle makes the Elite 4 challenge a breeze.
Old August 21st, 2012, 05:15 PM
PokemonMasters
Always Remember Forever&After

Nature: Calm
Only to beat the Elite 4. I dont really like using legendaries cause you dont get to pick their moves. You just get them at a high level and their moves are sometimes useless or only have 5pp. But in Emerald Rayquaza made the game easier xD

+ForeverDash on PC's Battle Server | Pair | VM/PM |Partner In Crime
Old August 21st, 2012, 05:44 PM
Haddez
Unhatched Egg

Unless I have to use it (Like in White and Black when you fight N) I wont.

Not a fan of using them, the only time there are in my party is when I catch them and they get put there.

Youtube = ALegoNinja
Old August 25th, 2012, 07:05 AM
MiTjA
Poké-atheist

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA
Using the uber legendaries, which all mascots are, to me feels the same as if you traded over a trained Garchomp around the last gym...

The casual legends like the birds/beasts/golems/spirits/musketeers.. are not as extreme.
Old August 25th, 2012, 09:24 AM
Jak
baby smod

Nature: Timid
If I want to use them, then I will. lol I don't load my team with them, but sometimes I just feel like using a certain legendary, like Victini or Latios, and I mean...who cares if I wanna use them? I don't feel like they make the game as easy as people claim they do. I used Victini my first time through White and it didn't make it any easier, honestly. I've used Kyogre and Groudon plenty of times before in their respective games, and I don't think it broke the game. Now, Rayquaza in Emerald is something that makes the game too easy, honestly haha. So if you wanna rag on someone for using a legendary on their team, do it when they use that level 70 Rayquaza in Emerald. ;)

i'm gonna fly like a bird from the night
Old August 26th, 2012, 09:15 AM
Tora
Unhatched Egg

Generally, no. I only had some in my very first run through yellow and Lugia in my Silver edition once, because Lugia is just cool. It has been some years since then, though.

Now they get caught and boxed. I would feel like I'm cheating and personally I think that legendaries are overused. Everyone who wants to brag has a team of legendaries. I prefer to kick some a** with my regular team.
Old August 26th, 2012, 11:18 AM
TeeheeLP
Programmer

Before the 5th gen I always had the mascot legendary in my team. But I don't like the fact that I can't use them in the battle subway so I've got a full team of regular Pokémon of which 2 are trained on EV and can even beat untrained legendaries on their level.
Old August 26th, 2012, 12:53 PM
PokeRaidenFighter350Z
Battle Subway Editor

Nature: Careful
I usually don't use legendaries because I felt more comfortable using regular Pokemon. However, the only legendary that shaped up my team real good is my Latias in SS.

All forum members BEWARE..!
Credits to Xulek
Old August 26th, 2012, 01:36 PM
LightningAlex

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LightningAlex Send a message via Skype™ to LightningAlex
I use Pokemon that I love, doesn't matter if they're legendary or not. If there's a legendary I like, I'll add it to my team (I usually always have Zapdos in my team).

Old August 26th, 2012, 04:17 PM
Twilight Sky
» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪

Send a message via AIM to Twilight Sky Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Twilight Sky Send a message via Skype™ to Twilight Sky
I used to be wholheartedly against having legendaries in an in-game team, and believed that it was totally possible to just beat the game and a lot of other trainers with just regular Pokemon...

...And well, I just stopped caring and using Pokemon like Zapdos, and Latias, and Latios, and Jirachi, and what-have-you. This is strictly speaking in terms of Pokemon Online, but in-game wise, I don't think I would care if it had to some to using a legendary.
Old August 28th, 2012, 12:24 AM
Pokemon_Trainer_Danny
Slateport resident

Nature: Calm
As a kid, I always kept the Legendary Pokémon in my team. Come on, that's awesome. But now, I deposit most of the larger Legendaries in the box (Groudon, Lugia, etc). A Latios or an Articuno may still be in my party.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links