The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 28th, 2012, 01:55 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori

Nature: Calm
I always have at least one legendary Pokémon in my team.
Not because they are uber powered or something but because I like them =)
Old August 28th, 2012, 02:57 AM
Nina Dobrev

Nature: Naughty
When I was younger, first two Generations, I always would love to fill my party as a party of 6 Legendaries. Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Suicune, Zapdos & Articuno.

Now? I'd like to stick to the OU Tier mainly but I can't help to love & care for any/all/my Latias & Cresselias that I can get. Give me one, or even 50, I'll train them with full potential & box them up just to collect them. (Wither its the good nature or bad, though I only use the good ones for competitive play). So yeah..things has changed A LOT since my childhood years in the Pokemon World. But I'm proud of it!
Old September 2nd, 2012, 02:27 AM
Cassino
Møderator

Zapdos has among the best typings and appearances, but I generally already have something that flies and/or a Jolteon, and don't like any other legendary nearly as much... so no.
Old September 2nd, 2012, 10:02 AM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Nature: Relaxed
I really dislike having legendaries in my team. Indeed, when I had to have Reshiram in my Black team, it felt really unusual. That's not to say that I haven't done so in the past but... as I've gotten older, the appeal of legendaries has really worn thin. If I do end up catching some, they're normally box-bound for the rest of their lives, unfortunately.
Old September 5th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Minerva
take that money, watch it burn

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Minerva
I only use just one legendary, and it would be the legendary of my preference. That only applies to 1st gen and the remakes. I try not to use them in the future generations, but since the 1st gen, I've had the habit of grabbing one legendary so I can easily beat the E4 :(

Articuno is and will always be part of my Kanto team, no exceptions whatsoever. :P
Old September 5th, 2012, 10:58 AM
PokeBunny
Pokemon Game Maker

Nature: Serious
I can use Raiku. But Ho-oh and Lugia are the best for Pokemon Gold.

The Pokemon Game Developer
If you are wondering why I'm taking long to make Pokemon Hot Red and Cold Blue... It's because I barely get computer time. Be patient (I'm not!.

My SoundCloud!!!!!!!!!
Old September 5th, 2012, 02:56 PM
o Pikachu o
Pikachu

I sometimes use legendaries depending on how bad it is. I only use legendaries that have balanced stats : such as the Legendary beasts, Regis. Even mew because I think it's pretty balanced.
Old September 5th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Ephemeral Euphoria
From Hell To The Stars

Nature: Quiet
Nowadays I use legendaries regularly as it's not that hard to train them and their power is something I simply cannot ignore lol, only time I don't use legendaries though is when they don't provide synergy for the rest of the team that I would be using.
Old September 23rd, 2012, 12:09 PM
XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE
Scyther

Nature: Jolly
I used to use my favourites up until the 3rd Gen maybe but then after that I felt guilty cause it made it kinda easy. Now I keep them in the box or use them in contests, or post-game
Old September 23rd, 2012, 07:43 PM
Plumpyfoof

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Plumpyfoof
I cannot stand having legendaries on my team. I feel as if they should remain a legend instead of being coped up in a PC somewhere.

That being said they're dex-fillers in the ages because well they're not really going to do anything else constructive.
Old September 23rd, 2012, 07:56 PM
Rainbow Arcanine
now known as narnia

Nature: Jolly
I've got to admit, I did use a Giratina on my first go at the E4. Back then, Platinum was my first game and I wasn't the brightest. My Pokemon only consisted of three - Empoleon,Luxray and Rapidash. So I brought in Giratina because without it, I'd of never made it.

Nowadays I'm a bit brighter and have a full balanced team so legendaries are just left to relax in my PC.
. :p
Old September 23rd, 2012, 08:10 PM
voicerocker
Psyduck

I always use the mascot of the game I'm playing. It's just something I do. But that's the only Legendary Pokemon I use. I limit myself to only 1 Legend per team.

Pokemon White 2 Team:
Old September 24th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Pokemon_Geek
Togepi

When I was younger, I refused to use legendaries on my team because I felt it made the game too easy and partially because the few people around here that weren't afraid to admit they played Pokemon, would have entire teams of legendaries which I saw as complete laziness(I hate level grinding, but I took pride that I raised my pokemon from low levels).

Now that I'm older and more mature, I've restarted all of my games used the legendaries this time around half because the story pretty much gives it to you and half because I've learned that legendaries aren't invincible. For example, in Platinum I still struggled against the Elite Four even with my Giratina.

I still have a rule of only using one legendary on a team and I only use the "main" legendary.

Real gamers play for fun.
Old September 24th, 2012, 12:37 PM
ShinyUmbreon189
F U C K PC! WAY TOO STRICT!

Send a message via AIM to ShinyUmbreon189
I don't like using legendary's in my team but when I got to the Battle Tower I take 1 with me. Most of the time it's Articuno because of it's Mind Reader and Sheer Cold combo.
Old September 24th, 2012, 03:25 PM
RivalGator
I hate them all.

Nature: Adamant
It honestly kind of bugs me to have a legendary in my team, so I generally don't unless I just feel like it. If I ever use a legendary, which is a hairline from never, I will use Mewtwo.

"Ah, the past... The only thing dead that smells good."
Old September 25th, 2012, 07:06 PM
Demon.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Legendarys arent invincible. Especially the lesser ones that have lower or equal stats then pseudo legends. I spent the time catching them, and i enjoy the design of most of them, so ill use them if i feel like it. Right now, i have keldeo, victini, and kyurem on my White team. I normally wont use a gen 4 legend, because i only really like Girantina out of all of those.
Old September 25th, 2012, 11:00 PM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Altairis Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
I don't, usually, just because ingame I tend to have 6 Pokemon when I get to the Legendary anyway. Also because wen I have a team of Pokemon I like to think of the trainer's story, and for some reason my mind thinks that getting a legendary would be unrealistic for the person. Lol. I'm not really sure why, I guess it's just a habit.

However, when I was a kid I played through Gold with my Quilava (unevolved) & my Ho-Oh, and used my Ampharos sometimes. :3 Obviously didn't have a problem there, haha.
Old September 26th, 2012, 12:04 AM
Aryan143
The Fennekin Fan!

Nature: Modest
I dont like using legendaries because they make the game pretty easy.

Please click both of these links once in a day and help us grow:

Old September 26th, 2012, 09:50 AM
LLovro

I don't like using legendaries too but I had to use kyogre in sapphire :D
Old September 27th, 2012, 11:31 PM
Bobdapeach

yeah, I'm in the same boat as the OP

I used to train them to level 100 and stuff like that, and use them on my team all the time. Now I just leave them in my boxes (I think I stopped around the DPPt too haha) and yeah.
I might use one to help defeat the Pokemon League, but I'm not going to when I get BW2 because I want to try keep it be legend free

Old September 28th, 2012, 05:03 PM
xxlazaro
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Calm
I think having legendaries in the team is alright but only for things like the elite four.

where can i host image for free
Old September 28th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Demon.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

You can easily beat the elite four without legendaries.
Old September 28th, 2012, 06:32 PM
Vinniursa
Unhatched Egg

I don't have have a problem with using legendaries in the single player game BUT when it comes to Vs mode I do have a problem with it unless all pokemon on both teams are level 100 and just one not all six slots filled by legends >_<
Old October 1st, 2012, 03:54 AM
Sverige
#justiceforbionic 11.11.13

I sometimes use Darkrai but right now, there are no legendaries in my team.
Old October 3rd, 2012, 01:19 PM
The Sly Fox

If I catch a legendary, im going to use it. I usually have at least one on my team. Why catch them if you wont use them? Come on now.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links