The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 23rd, 2012, 10:22 AM
Mentalii
Back

Nature: Gentle
Homika or Roxie? Which name do you prefer?

Roxie ! That sounds cute and bubbly, and I don't really like the pronounciation of Homika.

Old August 24th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentalii View Post
Homika or Roxie? Which name do you prefer?

Roxie ! That sounds cute and bubbly, and I don't really like the pronounciation of Homika.
Slightly odd question, but how is Homika pronounced? o3o Is it like Hom-eek-ah or Hom-ick-ah or? I've always wondered but I've never known how to find out paha. Although either way, I don't think Homia is meant to sound 'cute and bubbly', is she? xD Isn't she meant to be quite a tough/attitudey kind of gym leader? o3o
Old August 24th, 2012, 12:57 PM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Nature: Careful
I actuallly prefer Homika for some odd reason. Not quite sure why.
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Old August 25th, 2012, 11:10 PM
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post

Slightly odd question, but how is Homika pronounced? o3o Is it like Hom-eek-ah or Hom-ick-ah or? I've always wondered but I've never known how to find out paha. Although either way, I don't think Homia is meant to sound 'cute and bubbly', is she? xD Isn't she meant to be quite a tough/attitudey kind of gym leader? o3o
Well if you take a look at previous Poison gym leaders (have there even been any others than Koga and Janine? lol), then it'd make most sense for her to be tough, and it also appears she's like that. Though as for both of the names, none of them really makes her sound like she's like that. Honestly I think Roxie is much closer to being a "tough" name than Homika, though I still prefer the latter :p
Old August 26th, 2012, 05:16 AM
Blues-Music
Pokemon researcher

Nature: Calm
Name:Blues
Your Gym Leader:Chili
2 Partner Pokemon(Read the Rules & Yes we can have nicknames!):Emboar , and Darumaka.
Why have you joined to be trained:If i'm going to be the very best I better star now...
Answer Current Topic:I prefer Homika.Roxie sounds a little too normal for a poison type gym leader rock star.
Old August 26th, 2012, 08:44 AM
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

Welcome to the club Blues! Hope you'll have fun :D

Any specific reason you chose Chili exactly? I personally like him the best out of the Striaton trio because he just appears to have such an interesting, fiery personality, however I don't know about you.

Seems there isn't much more to this topic, so we'll be moving on :D

Which of the gym leaders, excluding Brock, Misty and Cilan, do you like the most based on their anime appearance? If you haven't watched the anime, feel free to just tell which gym leader you like the most.
Old August 26th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olli97 View Post
Welcome to the club Blues! Hope you'll have fun :D

Any specific reason you chose Chili exactly? I personally like him the best out of the Striaton trio because he just appears to have such an interesting, fiery personality, however I don't know about you.
Cilan Cilan Cilan Cilan Cilan ;; Chili just sits there eating donuts the whole time!

That is not how a gym leader should act! He just gets up and leaves his gym because he's having a tantrum then rather than doing anything about it, he rids the world of donuts like a complete pig! D: For these reasons, Cilan is the best <3 Oh, and he's also the most adorable gym leader by far:

Anyway, on to the topic!

Which of the gym leaders, excluding Brock, Misty and Cilan, do you like the most based on their anime appearance?
Cilaaannnnn ;; I'm gonna have to go with... ahh there's so many to choose from D: I'll go with Elesa! She had such impressive stature that it was great to see her working. The way she confronted Bianca's father was great to see and she was unbelievably friendly. Plus whilst in battle she was incredibly skilled and knew exactly what she was doing, and the twist with Tympole was great to see :3 I'm just sad that the battle wasn't longer, I'd love to have seen her fight a full 6v6 battle. It's a shame Ash was such a nub with the Palpitoad choice or maybe he'd have given her a better battle D;
Old August 26th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Blues-Music
Pokemon researcher

Which of the gym leaders, excluding Brock, Misty and Cilan, do you like the most based on their anime appearance?
Elesa.I don't know what it is , but there was something about her appearance that I loved.Maybe it was her clothes.Maybe it was her personality.I really don't know.
Old August 26th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Nature: Careful
Quote:

Cilan Cilan Cilan Cilan Cilan ;; Chili just sits there eating donuts the whole time!

That is not how a gym leader should act! He just gets up and leaves his gym because he's having a tantrum then rather than doing anything about it, he rids the world of donuts like a complete pig! D: For these reasons, Cilan is the best <3 Oh, and he's also the most adorable gym leader by far:

This post made my day. rofl
I never really watched the anime but I do remember liking Volkner's attitude a lot.
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Old August 26th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Queen of Poison
I love Muk

Nature: Sassy

Which of the gym leaders, excluding Brock, Misty and Cilan, do you like the most based on their anime appearance? If you haven't watched the anime, feel free to just tell which gym leader you like the most.

I like Wattson best because he is an awesome fun leader. But I like Roxie too but I haven't see her yet in the anime.

Old August 27th, 2012, 07:20 AM
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

Ownership of the club has been changed back to Sector Revenge at his request
Old August 27th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Drgons90
Togepi

Nature: Modest

I haven't watched much anime, but I'll give my answer based on the game.
Liza & Tate, hehe. Not only because I'm dedicated to Psychic type, I also had trouble with Lunatone and that Claydol(seriously, psychic always gets me in a bind).

Also, welcome Blues!

I have my own world XD.
Old August 27th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Jeff Gordon

Nature: Naughty

^The major change in hair I especially love, but she's by far got my favorite sprite even among the rest! Which is why, if I somehow missed it, I would love to see her appearance in this new style in the Anime episodes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Poison View Post

I like Wattson best because he is an awesome fun leader. But I like Roxie too but I haven't see her yet in the anime.
I haven't seen the Anime yet, I should probably put 30 minutes out of my life just to watch the episode she's in. I'm actually quite interesting. Though if she is a rockstar, I really expect her to be rockhard crazy or something haha. I hope I'm not wrong :x Usually I am so...
Spoiler:

^Got a present for you Queen of Poison (& other Homika fans, of course)^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drgons90 View Post

I haven't watched much anime, but I'll give my answer based on the game.
Liza & Tate, hehe. Not only because I'm dedicated to Psychic type, I also had trouble with Lunatone and that Claydol(seriously, psychic always gets me in a bind).

Also, welcome Blues!
As twins, I do expect them to be crazy with one another, picking on each other, having that little rivalry etc. Very good choices here!

Also, I'd like to welcome to Blues & Queen to this club!
Old August 28th, 2012, 06:21 AM
Mentalii
Back

Quote:

I'm pretty sure it's "Hom-ick-ah"
As she's already a tough/attitudey kind of gym leader, a cute name's gentle her, and sounds determined at the same time... And I meant bubbly in the sense of someone energetic, like she is.

SABRINA !! Wow, her anime appearance was unique. She fascinated and scared me when I was younger.

Old August 31st, 2012, 02:07 AM
Jeff Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentalii View Post
"Hom-ick-ah"

SABRINA !! Wow, her anime appearance was unique. She fascinated and scared me when I was younger.
The name is pretty slick with "Hom-ick-ah" sounding. I love it!

Also I thought I would be the only one who likes Sabrina around here. Awesome! She was freaky at first, I didn't like her. I didn't like her until her new appearance overall in Generation II (& looked ever better in Generation IV & V!).

Which leads me to my next topic question:

Which 2 Gym Leaders impress you the most with their newer, recent appearances since their debut?
Old August 31st, 2012, 06:37 AM
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

As I've said it lots of times before, I loved Pryce's anime appearance. Completely different from what I expected him to be, as he appeared to be cold hearted and I really questioned why he was a gym leader if he hated Pokémon as much as he made it out to be. I just loved how it was later explained why he was like that, and that he once again got reunited with his childhood Pokemon friend, as well as getting back the love he once had from Pokemon. I'd like to mention Skyla too, not because I didn't like her, but because my reaction to her was kinda similar to how I had it with Pryce, except my opinion of her didn't change. If she wasn't read to face to obligations that came with being a gym leader, she should never have taken on the position, and any person with common sense would realise that air battles could never be precise enough to determine a battle, at least if you're following the logic of the anime. While it may work out in the games, suprises lie at every corner. Even if your Pokémon were underleveled and if the opponent's team had a greater advantage in typing, with good movesets and lots of potions ready, you could probably pull off winning. So yeah, she was notable because she was stupid.

Which 2 Gym Leaders impress you the most with their newer, recent appearances since their debut?

I'm kinda confused by this topic. If you mean with the B2W2 gym leaders, 2 is kinda of an irrational number, since most of them haven't even been seen yet, though if it's all the gym leaders, which is more likely, I don't have a clue. I still haven't played any of the newer games yet (that means all the way back to HG/SS), which is from that point I think most of the gym leader have had their appearances, and in the anime it's been quite a while since the last.
Old August 31st, 2012, 07:09 AM
Mentalii
Back

I'm not sure to understand your topic neither :/ Do you mean, in the animé or in the video game?

Old August 31st, 2012, 02:14 PM
Blues-Music
Pokemon researcher

Can't say I get it either.Do you mean the B/W 2 gym leaders?
Old September 5th, 2012, 08:13 PM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olli97 View Post

I'm kinda confused by this topic. If you mean with the B2W2 gym leaders, 2 is kinda of an irrational number, since most of them haven't even been seen yet, though if it's all the gym leaders, which is more likely, I don't have a clue. I still haven't played any of the newer games yet (that means all the way back to HG/SS), which is from that point I think most of the gym leader have had their appearances, and in the anime it's been quite a while since the last.
... Yeah I'm kinda going with this reply haha. I don't particularly know what you're asking, but the only time gym leaders have had a reappearance recently that I can think of is in BW2 which I haven't actually played, and I'm not really sure what you're looking for by "impressed" in relation to this... x] But I'll try answering, although it has spoilers from BW2 so I'll spoiler it. :D

Spoiler:
Based on what I've heard so far about the new games, I've gotta go with Brycen. His whole transition into the movie world is impressive considering his previous stature as a strong and quiet gym leader, so seeing him in the movie world is great. :3 I think Elesa looks a look stronger and more professional with her new look in the BW2 trailers as well so I'm going with her too! And of course Iris is impressive by becoming champion, but that's a given. xD
Old September 19th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Queen of Poison
I love Muk

Nature: Sassy
I got a topic. Hope it hasn't already been said.

Create your own gym leader.

Try to include

Name
Type
Pokemon
Appearance
Gym layout
Badge
And anything else I didn't add.

Name: Becki
Type: Electric
Pokemon: Voltorb level 28 Electrode Level 30 Jolteon level 33 She is the 4th gym leader of the region.
Badge: Speed badge. It is a motorbike.
Appearance: Becki is a teenage girl about 17-18 with long blonde hair and beautiful blue eyes. She wears a black and yellow bike riding suit, black boots and yellow gloves.
Gym Layout: When you first walk into the gym there are 3 motorbikes you can choose from. Pick the fastest bike to go straight to the gym leader. Pick the wrong bikes and you must face a trainer. The gym look all futuristic and so do the motorbikes.
A little bit about Becki: Becki was in a family with 6 brothers. Her brothers loved riding motorbikes so Becki had to go with them to ride motorbikes. She tried riding a motorbike one day, she loved it so much that she wanted to go ride bikes everyday. When Becki was 16 she wanted to become a gym leader. So when she became a gym leader not long after, she decided to decorate the gym with motorbikes since she loves them so much. Becki looks like a girly girl but acts like a tomboy.

Hope you like it.

Last edited by Queen of Poison; September 19th, 2012 at 07:07 PM.
Old September 21st, 2012, 11:04 AM
Drgons90
Togepi

Nature: Modest
Sounds fun, here's mine:

Name: Grizzly
Type: Psychic
Pokemon: Espeon Lvl 48 Gardevoir lvl 48 Reuniclus lvl 50, the 8th leader
Badge: Strategic Badge. Also comes with Psychic TM(if there is...)
Gym Layout: It's totally based on cards. You get a tutorial with Grizzly speaking. You start with a room that has 3 cards, and they are moved by Grizzly's psychic power. You'll try to find your way to Grizzly's place. There will be 7 trainers, 1 can be avoided very easily, 2 are optional, 2 are inevitable, and 2 change a direction of a card.

About Grizzly: Grizzly, since childhood, was already brainy. He joined many contests and activities involving strategies, and he never lost a single one. His town was very proud of him. Some time later, he became a gym leader. It was quite hard for him, he took many responsibilites, and the challengers he faced are no joke. Determined to make his gym much more than piece of cake, he redesigned his gym into a magnificent house. He is then to become a champion, much like Iris, and a Grass type leader replaces him.

I have my own world XD.
Old September 30th, 2012, 08:38 PM
Jeff Gordon

Interesting topic there Queen of Poison, anyone is welcome to create their own gym leader if they want to. But I'm creating a new topic to revive this club a bit, my last topic was a confusing one as I re-read it & didn't understand it myself. My apologies all.

Share your favorite memory of gym battles. (In-Game, Manga and/or Anime). If its a new/recent gym battle in Anime or Manga, please put in spoilers.
Old October 19th, 2012, 04:14 PM
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

Share your favorite memory of gym battles. (In-Game, Manga and/or Anime). If its a new/recent gym battle in Anime or Manga, please put in spoilers.

I don't really feel like I've ever had any particularly memorable moments with any of the gym leaders apart from Whitney though. I mean, I had quite some trouble with Norman the last time I played the third generation games, but apart from those, it's been way too long to remember if any of my other battles have carried any exciting events, which I presume they haven't seeing as I can't remember them. No, the only gym leader which has stuck with me through all these years is Whitney and her Miltank, beating me to death like there's no tomorrow.. I mean seriously, that Stomp and Milk Drink combo was insanely annoying, I can't say how much money I'd wasted on Potions because I didn't have the common sense to just save and restart the battle. Bleh, so many horrible memories :(
Old October 23rd, 2012, 06:02 PM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Honestly I have no lasting memories of in-game gym battles - none of them were ever that difficult or that unique to make a big impact D: The anime is a completely different story though! My favourite ever gym battle was of Ash vs Candice in Snowpoint City; that battle was just hnggg <3 Her Pokémon showed such power and diversity considering what they were (I really don't have a high opinion of Abomasnow but oh my God it was cool to watch her command it) and Ash put up a great fight. There were several points in the battle where he came so close to losing so it was very tense, and the move combinations he resorted to using to beat Abomasnow were great! This battle somewhat summarized what all gym battles should be like for me, so it's not one I'll easily forget.

... also seriously guys, is Whitney really that hard to warrant such commotion when her name is brought up? xD (In reference to the whole forum!) I honestly never found her very hard at all so I'd love to know why she's considered such a God of Pokémon battles D:
Old November 12th, 2012, 07:26 AM
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

Quote:
Honestly I have no lasting memories of in-game gym battles - none of them were ever that difficult or that unique to make a big impact D: The anime is a completely different story though! My favourite ever gym battle was of Ash vs Candice in Snowpoint City; that battle was just hnggg <3 Her Pokémon showed such power and diversity considering what they were (I really don't have a high opinion of Abomasnow but oh my God it was cool to watch her command it) and Ash put up a great fight. There were several points in the battle where he came so close to losing so it was very tense, and the move combinations he resorted to using to beat Abomasnow were great! This battle somewhat summarized what all gym battles should be like for me, so it's not one I'll easily forget.

... also seriously guys, is Whitney really that hard to warrant such commotion when her name is brought up? xD (In reference to the whole forum!) I honestly never found her very hard at all so I'd love to know why she's considered such a God of Pokémon battles D:
Well, if your team is well-trained and the ones you've been using are female, then the battle isn't really as hard, however the despite not being as well-known as Whitney's infamous Miltank, it was still a bugger when it came to getting through it. If it got you with a successful attract, then you were already caught in her trap. Carried on to Miltank who had some insanely annoying combos. Often flinching you if it was able to outspeed you with Stomp, constantly spamming Milk Drink to heal itself, and otherwise just tearing your team down one by one. If your team wasn't bulky, high leveled or had some good stats and moves, then getting through her was just a real pain. But guess you're just good at Pokemon games xD
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links