The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 28th, 2012, 06:58 PM
machomuu
The Lights in the Sky are Stars
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
Given the context of the quote, I doubt it's more content for the iOS version.

Still, if they were to make one for another console (other than the DS, that is), I doubt they'd pick one of the current or last gen consoles. In fact, console developers would actually throw money at SE to put it on one of their new ones. After all, games like TWEWY are the types of games that sell systems; the first one might not have, but it had no reason to, it was the first game in its series, and newer systems need games to entice people to buy them, and a TWEWY game would do just that. Plus, they'd have far more to work with in terms of power, audio, memory, space, and the like, so I'd actually prefer that they develop for a next-gen (or rather, current gen) console, regardless if it's 3DS, PSV, or otherwise.
Old August 28th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Yeah, if they were adding more content to the port, it seems to me like they would have advertised that it was expandable or would have DLC. That seems more appealing than just a straight port with altered controls, after all.

If they put it on the Vita, it would be incentive for me to run out and buy one despite there being literally nothing else I'm interested in right now. :P But I agree, I'd love to see a new game if it's not going to be another iOS thing. I might buy a Vita for one game but I don't see myself buying an iPad for it. <_< I can't imagine they'd go last-gen, though. Not when Square-Enix has released a fair few gems for 3DS already and is likely aiming to break into the Vita market with more than just ports. It's probably easier to develop for 3DS not just because they've already created several games with different studios on the system but because it's so close to the DS so they wouldn't really have to tweak all that much gameplay/design-wise from the first game unless they purposely wanted to.

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old August 29th, 2012, 05:04 PM
darkpokeball
Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o

If the sequel came out on PSVita, that would suck. I don't buy consoles for just one game, and I'l still loyal to my 3ds. If it came out for 3ds, you can expect me to buy it.
Old August 29th, 2012, 05:12 PM
machomuu
Community Supporter

Persona 4: The Golden is enticing enough a game for me to buy a system for it, but I'd get the Vita regardless since it's an attractive system anyway (though I'd definitely hold off on a purchase if not for P4, it is my biggest reason for buying it, after all), a TWEWY title would simply be a bonus. I already have a 3DS (an XL, my second 3DS in a year), so I'm really fine with whatever system they were to release it on, if they were to make one.
Old August 31st, 2012, 05:41 PM
Ach7AC
Mime Jr.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR393hS2C_g
http://i.imgur.com/oCjx9.jpg

So, apparently, they added another picture to the ending of the iOS version. A girl with headphones holding Mr. Mew. Perhaps this is related to Brian Gray's tweet?

Also, notice the "NEW 7 DAYS" in the background.
Old August 31st, 2012, 05:51 PM
machomuu
Community Supporter

Looks like the TWEWY post game is about to become relevant.
Old September 1st, 2012, 10:13 AM
Went
wonderful frog seed

Send a message via Skype™ to Went
...couldn't they have posted that in the freaking website? They would have saved a 85% of angry people raging about them.
Old September 1st, 2012, 06:17 PM
RedJ
[*TRUMPETS INTENSIFY*]

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Went View Post
...couldn't they have posted that in the freaking website? They would have saved a 85% of angry people raging about them.
Thaaaaat's our Square Enix! *laughtrack*

Now I'm wondering if we'll have to wait another five-six years before we hear anything else about it, since that seems to be a habit of theirs.

Old September 2nd, 2012, 09:22 AM
darkpokeball

...Alternate universe maybe? Knowing Square Enix, they're probably going to leave us on a cliffhanger and not release the sequel.
Old September 4th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Railgun
Ever Day Another New Adventure

Send a message via Skype™ to Railgun
Watch Nomura say TWEWY2 will come out after they finish KH 3 which is on hold until versus is done. So what 15 years till TWEWY2? I hope not. I'd love a sequel. like streetpass on 3DS for trading pins and that kinda social aspect for the game would be cool.
Old September 9th, 2012, 09:59 AM
darkpokeball

Two words:
Streetpass. Memes.

Players collect memes via Spotpass or just recieve them randomly from WiFi(like Pokedex 3D) and then Streetpass copies those memes to other players games. This would only be cool if there was an area with NPC's that responded to those memes without having an effect on the story.
Old September 14th, 2012, 08:13 PM
RedJ
[*TRUMPETS INTENSIFY*]

Interesting development in this ongoing saga.

Quote:
Square Enix has announced that it will hold a "The World Ends With You Vocalist Audition" this year culminating in an open audition to determine a vocal performer for an upcoming Square Enix game.
I'd say it's obvious they're working on something at this point.

Old September 15th, 2012, 08:02 PM
darkpokeball

...If they were working on something...
Couldn't they have just stated that after the countdown? Square Enix sure is acting strange regarding TWEWY...(KH: DDD, Countdown, #moredripthanleak, New 7 days, iOS port, and apparently vocal auditions)
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here