The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Old July 16th, 2012, 12:48 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slike View Post
The only reason this ISN'T in the "completed hacks" section is the forum is that policy requires topics to be in this section to prove they're worthy or something like that. Or at least, I think that's what it is.
You just need to tell mod that your hack is complete and he will move it there =)

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old July 18th, 2012, 08:33 PM
munchhack
Advanced Scripter

Nature: Adamant
This hack is really unique, and I would have never thought of it and I think it was pretty smart how you blocked Viridian City.
Old July 23rd, 2012, 06:33 PM
xythas

This looks AMAZING, but, how the heck do I play it... I have deh emulator and have downloaded the hack, now what??? I have used the emulator before on multiple games. Thanks in advance >:^D
Old July 24th, 2012, 01:06 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xythas View Post
This looks AMAZING, but, how the heck do I play it... I have deh emulator and have downloaded the hack, now what??? I have used the emulator before on multiple games. Thanks in advance >:^D
You need to patch the clean FireRed ROM by using LIPS.

Old July 24th, 2012, 05:24 PM
xythas

Quote:
You need to patch the clean FireRed ROM by using LIPS.
What is LIPS????????????????
Old July 24th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
Lunar .ips
its a program that patches rom files with an .ips file, which is how the creator chose to upload his game
Old July 24th, 2012, 08:06 PM
PokemonMasters
Always Remember Forever&After

lol when i saw the name i thought we would be battling the elite for first xD

+ForeverDash on PC's Battle Server | Pair | VM/PM |Partner In Crime
Old July 24th, 2012, 11:05 PM
Nintendee
Look Into My Eyes....

Nature: Relaxed
Great Hack! Have been playing it for a while now, I love using Pokemon I never would normally use (Fighting/Ground Primape FTW!) One question, when does Kadabra evolve? Or does he just not evolve at all due to trading?

Thanks, and keep up the good work!

EDIT: Nevermind, it evolves by moon stone . New question, I have done the whole SS Anne thing and got Cut, but have not completed Misty's gym so I can't use Cut. I can't remember if there was a way to get inside (that gauntlet made me lose my mind)?

Spoiler:
Yushu - Lvl 32
Pacca - Lvl 36
GDLK - Lvl 31
#SWAG - Lvl 32
Boss - Lvl 33

Last edited by Nintendee; July 25th, 2012 at 04:14 AM.
Old July 26th, 2012, 09:32 AM
Slike
Unhatched Egg

The way to get into the gauntlet is very unconventional and has never been done in a legitimate Pokemon Game. However, I know it's been done in at least one hack.

Anyways, despite how it may appear, the S.S. Anne wasn't the only thing opened up to you by completing the guantlet. Think of another key item you got on the way through it. That item (in a rather roundabout way) allows you to access another route you couldn't reach before. By completing that route, you will have access to Cerulean.

Confused? (Spoiler tag contains spoilers!)
Spoiler:
You got the bike in Cerulean Gauntlet. Take it to Cycling Road to get fly. Fly to Cerulean.

Also, this game uses Lunar IPS because I was new to this forum upon releasing it. Some forums want you to use a patch as to avoid linking ROMs, but I suppose this one is okay with it. Didn't want to take the risk, so I used a patch.
Old August 12th, 2012, 06:46 PM
Rodriguezjames55
No Jokes #MegaCharizard

Send a message via Skype™ to Rodriguezjames55
I HAVE SLAIN LORD SLUMA
dang thank god for wobbafet that was his only use in the whole game
Old August 19th, 2012, 03:39 AM
UltraNerdtendo64
Retro Reviver!

Nature: Quiet
Always wanted to do this for Emerald, never thought how I should do it. So it looks like I have to start planning that out!

Amazing this is!
Old August 19th, 2012, 06:54 AM
Slike
Unhatched Egg

Thanks! Emerald would be a lot harder to pull off, though. Tons of plot comes in where you would have to screw things up a lot to maintain the "backwards" aspect (WHY IS RAYQUAZA HERE BEFORE THE FIRST GYM, etc etc), so more power to you if you manage that. There's also the issue of getting dive before you even get surf, which is just silly. If I do another Pokemon Hack like this (I probably will), it'll most likely be of Crystal. Granted, I still have the whirlpool problem.
Old August 20th, 2012, 03:33 AM
krisye

Cycling road is blocked? :/

(IMG)http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/d...rdlm6.png(/IMG)

Old August 20th, 2012, 05:16 AM
Pinkish Purple
五代目水影

Nature: Naughty
Looking good Can't wait for the release
Old August 22nd, 2012, 03:19 AM
UltraNerdtendo64
Retro Reviver!

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Thanks! Emerald would be a lot harder to pull off, though. Tons of plot comes in where you would have to screw things up a lot to maintain the "backwards" aspect (WHY IS RAYQUAZA HERE BEFORE THE FIRST GYM, etc etc), so more power to you if you manage that. There's also the issue of getting dive before you even get surf, which is just silly. If I do another Pokemon Hack like this (I probably will), it'll most likely be of Crystal. Granted, I still have the whirlpool problem.
Probably the best thing to do to reverse Emerald would be to start from Littleroot but make it so you can go to Route 103 (where you battle May/Brendan for the first time) so you can head right and make it so you can just head straight to Mauville City. I dunno. :/
Old August 22nd, 2012, 07:37 AM
Rodriguezjames55
No Jokes #MegaCharizard

Send a message via Skype™ to Rodriguezjames55
Quote:
how you'd be starting in kanto
Old August 25th, 2012, 10:35 PM
shomoher

Just finished playing this! I must say I really liked it!
Tbh, I was sorta worried I would get bored of this hack quickly because its just FireRed going backwards... but with newly designed areas, plot twists(?) and new Pokemon in different areas made it extremely enjoyable, so kudos to you!

My final team was (took a lot of grinding...)
Kabutops - Lv 82
Flygon - Lv 82
Kingdra - Lv 83
Butterfree - Lv 82
Dragonite - Lv 83
Metagross - Lv 83

1. But I must curse you for making me go through Rock Tunnel all the way to Cerulean xD I almost through my phone at the wall when I met my rival after the Gauntlet lol

2. My mom is a Psyduck... I mean a Pokemaniac... a guy...? xD

3. I was kinda disappointed with the ending Expected more of a dramatic ending when I defeated Lord Slugma (with the help of Sleep Powder and Quick Claw...). It would have been nice if the rest of the Sevii Islands were incorporated somehow too xD

But well done for completing it and thanks for making the hack for us! XD

Ice Pokemon are the Best~

TaeYeon. Jessica. Sunny. Tiffany. HyoYeon. YuRi. SooYoung. YoonA. SeoHyun
DJ I Love You
Old August 26th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

I see this has moved into the Hacks Showcase. Very interesting hack idea. Suddenly I find myself wanting to do something with another game, but starting where you otherwise finish and ending up where you start. A very interesting concept, and I may have to try this hack.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old August 28th, 2012, 10:37 AM
Fistface
solid steel

Nature: Hardy
Just a few qeustion
1 How do i get the game started?
Mine emulator wont work
2 where do i get aron?
Old August 29th, 2012, 05:06 AM
Gerokunz

Is it completed?
I wanna play completed version.
Old August 29th, 2012, 05:51 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerokunz View Post
Is it completed?
I wanna play completed version.
Since it's in Hacks Showcase you can presume it is complete =)

Old August 29th, 2012, 09:15 AM
Fistface
solid steel

Nature: Hardy
How do i play it?
looks like a sweet game
Old August 29th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Slike
Unhatched Egg

Hey wait I thought I replied to you fistface. Guess not! Darn my multitude of tabs and tendency to get side tracked.

You'll need a clean fire red ROM (you could sneeze and google that) and Lunar IPS (also easily googled). Just open up Lunar IPS and follow its unbelievably simple instructionsto patch the patch (that's what you download from the first post of this topic) onto the ROM. Then just play it like you would a normal ROM.

Also, Lairon is available in Mt. Moon. There are also Aggron there, but they're ridiculously rare. Whoops! Most other non-legendary Pokemon are available before you get to Cerulean Gym, but I forgot a few here and there.
Old August 30th, 2012, 11:00 AM
dyee

Absolutely loved this hack. I just beat the Elite Four and tried once against Slugma.. but I need to better prepare myself haha.

Super fun hack. I love people like you who release completed hacks, rather than a beta with 2 badges that never gets completed.
Old September 1st, 2012, 11:59 AM
dyee

Where can you find Rock Smash? Or the gemstone?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links