The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > The Welcome Lounge

Notices

The Welcome Lounge New here? Stop in to the Welcome Lounge to introduce yourself. The members who hang out here can't wait to give you a warm welcome and help you discover all of the cool things you can do around the community.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 24th, 2012, 04:32 AM
iLoveHate
Hmmmmmm.... :D

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to iLoveHate

Advertise here
1. What boards are you most interested in?
Uuh, Rom hacking/emulation. I said to you ,meganium , when i need a mentor. I think the time has come .

2. What boards are you most interested in getting to understand?
I did practice scripting a lot now, i know most of the basics but im stuck at 1 thing and that isnt explained a lot on the internet, and i think after i understand it there will be more difficult problems to solve. Thats why i want a mentor. And ofcourse for the talking about nothinh :p.

3. What other boards are you willing to venture in?
Well, the gaming, cuz im playing pkmn Light platinum atm haha. so that would be role playing.

4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here?
Yea, join a clob (or more :p) and make friends ofcourse.

Well, Meganium i hope you dont mind i asked for a mentor now . Thanks in Advance!
Old August 24th, 2012, 08:49 AM
pokechickmaster
pokemon master

will anyone help me out i'm pokechickmaster

1. everything and tornments SORRY BAD SPELLING

2.i know about just about everything exept for foroms bad spelling

3.anything fun help me OMG
4. fun stuff like challanges look i'm american organally so the spelling isn't my bad

Last edited by pokechickmaster; August 24th, 2012 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old August 24th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Micah Reeves
Beginning Trainer

1. What boards are you most interested in? I am most interested in Roleplaying, but I have an open mind 2. What boards are you most interested in getting to understand? I love to roleplay, but I'm new to battling, and I'd like to understand that better. 3. What other boards are you willing to venture in? I am willing to venture into any others, but I'd like to look into LARPing, or outside events and meetings because I've never done any of that before and it sounds fun. 4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? I'd like to meet and battle with as many other Pokemon fans and aspiring trainers as possible.
Old August 24th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLoveHate View Post
1. What boards are you most interested in?
Uuh, Rom hacking/emulation. I said to you ,meganium , when i need a mentor. I think the time has come .
Hey iLoveHate, I'll take you on :] I'll PM you now!

Megan I'm gonna PM PokemonTrainerBlaze and St33lDr4g0n too - should cut down the ROM-Mentees a bit.
Old August 24th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Alinthea
The Shadow Pokémon
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Due to this section not having a moderator currently, Meganium90 has asked for this thread to be locked till a moderator takes her place.

She will still be involved, so don't you worry!

Locked for now...
Old August 28th, 2012, 07:37 AM
Sheep
may the stars shine down on you

Nature: Timid
Just popping in here to let you guys know that the Adoption Center has been reopened~! Sorry about the delay, but it took a little longer than expected to update everything. We do have a new application form, though, so please use that one! I'm still testing the waters with it so we'll see how that goes. n_n

Another important thing to note is that the mentors have had their mentee lists reset. So if you previously had a mentor and are still interested, please re-apply!

‹ If you're interested in a ROM Hacking mentor, please make sure you read the note in the first post. This is very important! ›

Happy applying!

whooo clubs
family twin
my star
Old August 28th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Thunder_Chad

1. What section/board are you most interested in? I am most interested in the graphics forum (as I'm a pokemon art critic) as well as the black and white forum as pokemon black and white are my favorite games. I am also very interested in the competitive battling center forum as I would really enjoy getting involved in competitive battling as it seems like a very interesting aspect of the game that I have yet to explore.
2. What other sections/boards do you want to venture in and and learn more about? I would like to learn more about the ROM hacking board as it is something that seems very fun to learn about and I enjoy playing ROM hacks in general and creating a new spin on some of my favorite games!
3. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? I would really like to become a great forum poster. I know that I have had a rocky start here, but I would really like to get myself on track and I think that a mentor would really help me do that.

-TChad
Old August 29th, 2012, 04:20 AM
Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder_Chad View Post
1. What section/board are you most interested in? I am most interested in the graphics forum (as I'm a pokemon art critic) as well as the black and white forum as pokemon black and white are my favorite games. I am also very interested in the competitive battling center forum as I would really enjoy getting involved in competitive battling as it seems like a very interesting aspect of the game that I have yet to explore.
2. What other sections/boards do you want to venture in and and learn more about? I would like to learn more about the ROM hacking board as it is something that seems very fun to learn about and I enjoy playing ROM hacks in general and creating a new spin on some of my favorite games!
3. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? I would really like to become a great forum poster. I know that I have had a rocky start here, but I would really like to get myself on track and I think that a mentor would really help me do that.

-TChad
Going by your answers, we have Abnegation who specializes the entire creative board, so he definitely can tour you around the art areas. :D There's also Requility who is a mentor for both the Black & White and Competitive Battling Center sections! Which of the two do you think you'd be more interested in?

whooo clubs
family twin
my star
Old August 29th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Thunder_Chad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirno View Post

Going by your answers, we have Abnegation who specializes the entire creative board, so he definitely can tour you around the art areas. :D There's also Requility who is a mentor for both the Black & White and Competitive Battling Center sections! Which of the two do you think you'd be more interested in?
Well, I think I should stick to my roots as an art critic. I'll go with abegnation!

-TChad
Old August 30th, 2012, 10:06 AM
Sheep

Quote:
Well, I think I should stick to my roots as an art critic. I'll go with abegnation!

-TChad
I've contacted Abnegation but he hasn't given a reply yet, so just hang tight for a bit until he gives an answer. n_n If he ends up being too busy, I'll let you know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danaxe View Post
1) What time zone do you reside in? Greenwitch meantime
2) What board(s) of PC do you frequent? pixel projects
3) How long have you been posting there? july 2012
4) Have you contributed to said board(s) in some way? If so, how? made a shop there
5) Why do you want to be a Mentor? to move up a bit in pokecommunity and make some new freinds.
please let me join as a mentor
Please PM the mentor form to me directly instead of posting it here, that way it's easier to keep everything organized!

whooo clubs
family twin
my star
Old August 30th, 2012, 12:36 PM
abnegation
proudly paired with adventure
Community Supporter

Quote:

-TChad
Okay first thing's first, just call me Gav. My username is a mouth full lol. Secondly, of course I'll be your tutor! A rocky start makes no odds to a tutor, that's what we're here to do. To show you the right direction.

So if you want to go ahead and send me a PM just saying hey, or to ask a few questions you may do so. Or if you'd rather chat on MSN or Skype just ask me for my details and I'll send those right ahead. Whatever way you want to contact me, I can help you reach any goals you want to meet while being on PC Chad! Catch you soon!

the internet is full of people who refuse to be nice to others
because they feel that this makes them superior
that's lame
Old August 30th, 2012, 02:02 PM
chofel
Chofel

1. What section/board are you most interested in? I am interested to learn how to make hacks. How to proceed? What tools i need? What forum i shold read? I'm not trying to make a team to make a hack, this is not the place.
2. What other sections/boards do you want to venture in and and learn more about?
Just learn a little more about the history of pokemon, know about the new games.
3. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? Just make some friends and get some help to my needs.
Old August 30th, 2012, 05:54 PM
Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chofel View Post
1. What section/board are you most interested in? I am interested to learn how to make hacks. How to proceed? What tools i need? What forum i shold read? I'm not trying to make a team to make a hack, this is not the place.
2. What other sections/boards do you want to venture in and and learn more about?
Just learn a little more about the history of pokemon, know about the new games.
3. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? Just make some friends and get some help to my needs.
DrFuji is an Emulation mentor and is available~ :3 He can show you where all the tools/resources are around here, how to navigate the Emulation section, and maybe even some of the little basics of making a hack! But yeah, he can't really assist you with making your project like you said, since the mentor system is really for helping new members get more acquainted with their favorite sections here.

Since you seem to understand that, I can direct you to him? :D

whooo clubs
family twin
my star

Last edited by Sheep; August 31st, 2012 at 04:24 AM. Reason: Just got word that Swift isn't available!
Old August 30th, 2012, 08:06 PM
Rogue42
Ninja

Nature: Relaxed
1. What boards are you most interested in? Emulation and pokemon gaming
2. What boards are you most interested in getting to understand? I guess mostly Emulation
3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? I guess so like role playing threads, club threads and off-topic discussions something to do for fun when I need a break from my rom
4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? learn more about roms and scripting and um well to make some friends
Old August 31st, 2012, 04:21 AM
Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by heretostay123 View Post
Hope I can be a RP mentor :D

1) What time zone do you reside in?: Eastern USA
2) What board(s) of PC do you frequent?
3) How long have you been posting there?: Roleplay Corner. Check my signature.
4) Have you contributed to said board(s) in some way? If so, how?: Check my signature.
5) Why do you want to be a Mentor?: I wanna show new people how to roleplay, to pass on my knowledge I've gained via expirimentation.
Please send mentor application forms directly to me via PM! This board is only for mentees applying for a mentor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue42 View Post
1. What boards are you most interested in? Emulation and pokemon gaming
2. What boards are you most interested in getting to understand? I guess mostly Emulation
3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? I guess so like role playing threads, club threads and off-topic discussions something to do for fun when I need a break from my rom
4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? learn more about roms and scripting and um well to make some friends
We've got DrFuji available for Emulation, and bobandbill and Sydian available for General Pokemon Gaming~ :D Fuji can show you around the Emulation section, help you find where everything is located (including tools and resources), and so on. Just remember he's here to tour you around PC's Emulation section and not to help you with your hack!

Bobandbill and Sydian can tour you around the entire General Pokemon Gaming section, so you can learn about all those awesome sections listed there!

Which would you prefer?

whooo clubs
family twin
my star
Old August 31st, 2012, 09:40 AM
chofel
Chofel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirno View Post

DrFuji is an Emulation mentor and is available~ :3 He can show you where all the tools/resources are around here, how to navigate the Emulation section, and maybe even some of the little basics of making a hack! But yeah, he can't really assist you with making your project like you said, since the mentor system is really for helping new members get more acquainted with their favorite sections here.

Since you seem to understand that, I can direct you to him? :D
Of course :D. Thank you for doing this [[=
Old August 31st, 2012, 10:27 AM
Rogue42
Ninja

Nature: Relaxed
DrFuji would be great I'm still new to emulation so if he could show me some one to answer some questions I have about it that would be great
Old August 31st, 2012, 11:15 AM
noodleith
Beginning Trainer

hey, i think that twilightblade would be the right mentor for me as i need a friendly person around my age to help me learn how to make a good trade and how to get round the forums
Old August 31st, 2012, 12:55 PM
Sheep

Rogue42 and chofel, I've contacted DrFuji, so just sit tight for a bit as we wait for his response!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodleith View Post
hey, i think that twilightblade would be the right mentor for me as i need a friendly person around my age to help me learn how to make a good trade and how to get round the forums
So you're interested in the Trade Corner section? If so, that's doable. :) I can contact TwilightBlade for you!

whooo clubs
family twin
my star
Old September 2nd, 2012, 04:53 PM
zephyr6257
Hi. I'm strange. Kthnxbye. :)

Hey. I never felt "graduated" from a new user, even if i'm been around for a year or two (I had an old account which I forgot my pass and user, so i made a new account). I'd want a mentor. :3 I'm definitely below the 100 maximum posts tho. I'm more of a lurker than a poster, but I want to change that.

1. What section/board are you most interested in? Other Chat. :3
2. What other sections/boards do you want to venture in and and learn more about? Clubs, Advanced Generation Games, Roleplaying, and Black and White.
3. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? Make new friends. Get a platonic pair. Eat pie. Make Nica give me cookies. :3

Last edited by zephyr6257; September 2nd, 2012 at 05:02 PM.
Old September 2nd, 2012, 06:58 PM
Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyr6257 View Post
Hey. I never felt "graduated" from a new user, even if i'm been around for a year or two (I had an old account which I forgot my pass and user, so i made a new account). I'd want a mentor. :3 I'm definitely below the 100 maximum posts tho. I'm more of a lurker than a poster, but I want to change that.

1. What section/board are you most interested in? Other Chat. :3
2. What other sections/boards do you want to venture in and and learn more about? Clubs, Advanced Generation Games, Roleplaying, and Black and White.
3. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? Make new friends. Get a platonic pair. Eat pie. Make Nica give me cookies. :3
Nice to see you're looking for a mentor; you're definitely not too late! n_n We've got Shining Raichu and Razor Leaf for Other Chat, so go ahead and read their bios if you haven't already! Which of the two would you prefer?

whooo clubs
family twin
my star
Old September 2nd, 2012, 08:10 PM
zephyr6257
Hi. I'm strange. Kthnxbye. :)

Razor Leaf, :3 Buuut, if he refuses (since we barely agree on debates in other chat), I'm totally fine with Shining Raichu.
Old September 9th, 2012, 05:04 AM
AyonZ
Unhatched Egg

1. What boards are you most interested in? Im interested in finding out about more hacks and knowing what makes up a good rom hack etc.
2. What boared are you most interested in getting to understand? How to make a good hack and knowing more about the different hacks
3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? I would maybe comment on some of the progressing hacks and encourage them and help the other new people ( which I am one currently :/)
4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? Improve hacking skills and make better games for the community to enjoy
Old September 9th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyonZ View Post
1. What boards are you most interested in? Im interested in finding out about more hacks and knowing what makes up a good rom hack etc.
2. What boared are you most interested in getting to understand? How to make a good hack and knowing more about the different hacks
3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? I would maybe comment on some of the progressing hacks and encourage them and help the other new people ( which I am one currently :/)
4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? Improve hacking skills and make better games for the community to enjoy :)
We have DrFuji who is available for Emulation, but I just want to make sure you're not looking for a mentor to help you make your hack. Mentors are here to show you around the forum (so helping you find what hacks PC has to offer, suggesting hacking tutorials/resources/tools here in the Emulation section based on what you're looking to learn, and so on) and not actually work on your project for you. If you understand that, then I'd be happy to direct you to DrFuji n_n

whooo clubs
family twin
my star
Old September 9th, 2012, 04:10 PM
BilbaoTrainer
Crazy Potatoe

Hi, I'm new in the site
I would like to learn the rules of the page

1. What boards are you most interested in? I'm interested in the Competitive Battling Center, the Pokemon Gaming Central and Challenges
2. What boared are you most interested in getting to understand? The challenges and to contrast differences in the gaming generations
3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? Yes, i'm interested in all type forums
4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? I don't know

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here