• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] random pics

droomph

weeb
Years
Sooo yeah this might be a little spammy but first things first.

Introduction

So anywho.

I was on vacation in June (cuz I was stupid and didn't know cool photos are good to go) and while I was around, I took advantage of my mom's HD iPhone camera and took some pics. I liked them but as an artist you always need a second (or third) opinion before you can qualify as "good", so that's why I want to share.

(Also very big pics if you want it to be actually clear go click on them mmkay)

Anyways!

I'll upload them slowly as not to qualify as spam or something, so here goes nothing...

Trees and stuff:
Spoiler:

this one I think I just took for funsies, sort of a warm up for my puhotogurafy skills (if there is any).

Pond:
Spoiler:

Here's the pond...what do I call it? Anyways I want your opinion...I don't know if it's slanted one way or not, can you comment on that?

Building:
Spoiler:

Again, I don't know if this is even good, and I kinda feel guilty for taking credit for their hard work, so...

Pool:
Spoiler:

Just a pond at the Butchart Gardens, I guess. Is it tilted one way or not? I CAN'T TELL :c

Mountains:
Spoiler:

dunno what to say, how is it?

Flower Power:
Spoiler:

I took some pictures of flowers because it is a flower garden after all x]

Ave Maria:
Spoiler:

This is how I think that song looks like x]

Well, that's all for now. How do you guys like it? I can't say if I'm even fit for a thread here because I used an iPhone orz

droomph

weeb
Years
plz reply guys :c I guess I'm not that good eh

(all taken at Capilano Suspension Bridge park in Vancouver)

Moar Trees:
Spoiler:

Seriously, do I have a fetish for trees or something

Civilization upon Nature:
Spoiler:

Funny how clashing yet complimenting those two colors, green and steel, go together.

Lookin' out:
Spoiler:

They be lookin' out and realizin' they ain't worth nothin' in this world unless they do somtin'

Cliffhanger:
Spoiler:

I liked the sudden change in color from forest to chalk, so I took a picture.

okay that's all for today :) plz do comment though ;; I want an opinion so bad

droomph

weeb
Years
(still at Capilano)

Deck-walkway and Trees:
Spoiler:

I thought it looked nice, so I took that picture.

Some logs in a forest:
Spoiler:

Again, just thought it would look nice.

dunno?:
Spoiler:

lol I don't even.

River-pond:
Spoiler:

The "forest-and-ferns" exhibit in the Capilano park.

srs moar trees?:
Spoiler:
lol yeah fetish obv

ferns:
Spoiler:

hm. That's a new one.

mist:
Spoiler:

the "erosion" exhibit.

deck walkway:
Spoiler:

walkway to the park entrance? dunno, but it looks cool.

patio thing:
Spoiler:

looks like a coffee shop courtyard c:

cabin:
Spoiler:

The kitchen looked cool, so I took a picture.

droomph

weeb
Years
more Capilano pictures! Gawd I have so many.

Menu sign:
Spoiler:

rly I dunno though

Cliffwalk entrance:
Spoiler:

I must give credit to Capilano Park to arranging the bushes that way.

Water wheel:
Spoiler:

Apart from the "Danger" sign(s), it's pretty settler-like in its design.

Courtyard:
Spoiler:

Looks cool don't it

soooo many trees
Spoiler:

yep. trees. did you think I wouldn't take tree pictures for more than five minutes

Olden days:
Spoiler:

It looks like a Farmer's Market if you ask me. And it looks soooo cool.

cards!:
Spoiler:

Absolutely no facial images will be taken.

IMG_1524:
Spoiler:

no comment but it's pretty.

peepee room:
Spoiler:

I don't know why I took this but I thought it was pretty c:

flowers and of the sort:
Spoiler:

petunias? What are they called? Oh and ferns

Suspension bridge!:
Spoiler:

Why would I take a picture of a bridge? The question is why I wouldn't

Capilano river:
Spoiler:

what it's called iirc

forest adventure:
Spoiler:

this huge exhibit with like a nature tour and ****

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Feb 5, 2013
Keep it up. I recommend getting a new camera or use a 4s.

Gotta step up the locations where you shoot tho, parks are nice but ain't exactly eyecandy.

Sample

My trip around the world location Macow

Spoiler:

8megapixel

droomph

weeb
Years
Thanks! I'll try to get more places - I haven't been going anywhere often since then, but I'll try to get more pictures of different local places.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Keep it up. I recommend getting a new camera or use a 4s.

Gotta step up the locations where you shoot tho, parks are nice but ain't exactly eyecandy.

You've got some pretty nice snaps here droomph, but I'd highly suggest investing in a better camera. Simply because most of your shots (toward the beginning of your showcase/gallery) are quite blurry. You can still see what the photo depicts, but the image itself isn't clear and is somewhat ambiguous. If you were to maintain a sharp snapshot on some of these pictures it'd definitely life them up a whole lot!

Also, I agree with M4 here, that it may be time to step it up and switch locations. Some of those photos were fantastic, but it can get a bit boring if they're majorily about the same thing. Take photos at different angles, up high, down low, to the side; take photos of different things, the sky, buildings, traffic, fountains whatever takes your fancy. By doing this, you're allowing yourself to develop your photography skills on a number of different levels! Nevertheless, great snaps and I hope to see some more soon! :D

droomph

weeb
Years

You've got some pretty nice snaps here droomph, but I'd highly suggest investing in a better camera. Simply because most of your shots (toward the beginning of your showcase/gallery) are quite blurry. You can still see what the photo depicts, but the image itself isn't clear and is somewhat ambiguous. If you were to maintain a sharp snapshot on some of these pictures it'd definitely life them up a whole lot!

Also, I agree with M4 here, that it may be time to step it up and switch locations. Some of those photos were fantastic, but it can get a bit boring if they're majorily about the same thing. Take photos at different angles, up high, down low, to the side; take photos of different things, the sky, buildings, traffic, fountains whatever takes your fancy. By doing this, you're allowing yourself to develop your photography skills on a number of different levels! Nevertheless, great snaps and I hope to see some more soon! :D
I will, thanks! I was using my mom's camera. If anything, I would rather not wait for eight seconds for the HDR to process. I got the hang of it though, so that's why you see it gett :a little: better. Hope to get my camera decently soon! (fingers crossed) Oh and these pictures were meant to be seen on an iPhone, so that's why it's so messy all blown up and stuff. 5 MPs yo

What camera would you suggest that I can use easily? I don't want to get distracted by all those fancy knobs so I can actually focus on the picture, but I still want something I have a lot of control of focus and whatnot over. Also it can't be too outrageously expensive but still has like at least an average amount of MPs.

And yeah I rly need to show more pictures. All these pics are actually just around 15 mins of photography. I just have never had the time to actually upload more pictures, heh. Tbh it's getting quite boring for me too to write descriptions lol

(at home and school c:)

Football field:
Spoiler:

Pit:
Spoiler:

These were at the Saturday Parent's show.

The Magical World of Ants:
Spoiler:

I tried a close-up. Didn't work out to well ;c

Doghouse:
Spoiler:

= It's a doghouse./p[.][.][.]/p[.][.][.]/p[.][.][.]Nothing of interest here.

Park scenery:
Spoiler:

Welp it's not very interesting so I'll just mash 'em up here.

Friends:
Spoiler:

These people were at the Tennis park, and they were having fun.

Tennis class!:
Spoiler:

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Flower close up:
Spoiler:

da's all for now

Last edited:

droomph

weeb
Years
neh

pretty canada pictures:
Spoiler:

I'm not going to show anymore because tbh I'm getting sick of them :P and HDR is stupid

album

More close-ups:
Spoiler:

It's still not perfect, but I feel like it's better.

Tea cup:
Spoiler:

God knows what. But I can't seem to get rid of the "bendy" pattern the screen makes.

Water Bottle:
Spoiler:

Hm. Got bored :x

Pleasanton from the hills:
Spoiler:

I went to some park to take pictures (not really but still) and this is what I took.

Hiking trails:
Spoiler:

Yep, it's like trees for pleasanton park

Stuff:
Spoiler:

LOOK AT HOUDINI. YOU'RE NOT LOOKING

The Secret Passage:
Spoiler:

To me it was pretty enough to call up a whole new section.

Summit:
Spoiler:

The summit of the mountain.

In-N-Out:
Spoiler:

Ugh I hate that restaurant

Hospital Waiting Room:
Spoiler:

PAMD in Dublin.

album

droomph

weeb
Years
I'm not going to expect much positive feedback for this, but I'll try posting it here anyways:

Spoiler:

Long story short, I got bored and made this.

I dunno if it's even good, but I'll give it a shot.

Back