The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Hacks Showcase > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 13th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Rizhtrainer
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Blazer View Post
Well, once I find some proper overworlds, I'll make a trailer. That, and how long should the beta be? In everyone's opinion?

The beta should finish at 4th/5th gym. So It would take some time to finish it. Awesom work you are doing!
Old July 21st, 2012, 10:58 AM
Teh Blazer
Divider of Zero

Nature: Relaxed
While no new screenshots (sorry for the people who wanted them, I want to finish mapping before the screenshots), I have a new proposed idea about the Dream World.

Since Black2/White2 came out, the gymleaders have changed and I've been trying to find a way to incorporate them. Then it hit me, the Dream World. Since I am already including the Denjuu region as the Dream World, I could simply place gyms around the region that have the Black2/White2 gym leaders.

Of course this isn't all (as that would be boring), once you defeat a gym leader (since this is the Denju region) they release a flag to a certain Denjuu Pokemon that you have to find, talk to, and battle and capture. It is an interactive Pokemon and one-of-a-kind, and you only get one after you defeat a gym leader.

And then, of course, you'd be able to find other legendaries not native to this game (Zapdos, Mewtwo, Lugia, etc.) as interact-able Pokemon hidden in other locations in the Denju region (just like Ruby Destiny: Reign of Legends). And, if possible, should the new Team Plasma (that look like military people and not ye old knights) make an appearance there, or is that too much?

I want to know your opinions about this new idea and the possibilities it holds. Do you think it's good, bad? Any suggestions?
Old July 21st, 2012, 03:46 PM
casacaos

I think these ideas are great!!! Please Teh Blazer ,Don´t give up!I hope that you finish the game!
Old July 24th, 2012, 09:47 PM
Sideshow Bob
Hufflepuff and Slytherin

Location: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft & Wizardry, Summer Bay & Lumiose City
Nature: Gentle
Hurry up and release the game.
Old July 25th, 2012, 07:33 AM
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
This sounds great, and really ambitious!
With the team plasma and dark trinity, theres a lot of room for plot twists >:3
maybe you could make black city and white forest, the same town, by day its a forest, and by night its a city~
anyway, good luck! and I really hope you get help with the tiles
Old July 25th, 2012, 12:11 PM
Dimebag
Getcha' Pull !

errr....this is supposed to be a b/w remake...i'm okay with the b2/w2 gym leaders but since you're demaking bw you should have the same plot as the original bw (in the first post you said.that the story is completely new) ...also what's with the denjuu ??? I was playing snakewood and found out that were there ( denjuu are from a series called telefang something ?) but why having denjuu on a bw demake ? you have to stay with the bw story and pokemons or else it won't be a bw demake... good luck though i really like your project keep it up
Old July 26th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Rizhtrainer
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by gam3r! View Post
errr....this is supposed to be a b/w remake...i'm okay with the b2/w2 gym leaders but since you're demaking bw you should have the same plot as the original bw (in the first post you said.that the story is completely new) ...also what's with the denjuu ??? I was playing snakewood and found out that were there ( denjuu are from a series called telefang something ?) but why having denjuu on a bw demake ? you have to stay with the bw story and pokemons or else it won't be a bw demake... good luck though i really like your project keep it up
I think you're right. If this is a BW demake, it should have exactly the same story. Once you finish the story you can add more amazing things to make it more interesting and a biggest plot. The "Gym leader's Flag" idea sounds good to me. Also, you should be able to fight against B2/W2 gym leaders ONCE you defeat the original ones.

Quote:
maybe you could make black city and white forest, the same town, by day its a forest, and by night its a city~
This game base Rom's FireRed, so it doesnt use internal clock, wich means no Day/Night system.

Quote:
Good luck though I really like your project Keep it up!
Old July 27th, 2012, 12:32 AM
pokevictor
Beginning Trainer

check out this video for ideas on pokemon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP_AFe6XVoo
Old July 30th, 2012, 05:02 PM
Teh Blazer
Divider of Zero

Quote:
I was contemplating that as I was making alterations to the game and I didn't want to turn it into some type of Sarcastic Prince "completely whole new game" concept, I just wanted to do what I though B/W should've done. And the Denjuu is because I can't replicate the Dream World, so it's there in it's place (I thought it'd be a fun canon).

Anywho, due to the ROM's limited space I am unable to fully complete Striaton City's map. I have all (3 different types) of the buildings, however there is no more room for the bushes, green arches, or big arc. What should I do to compensate for this? A new event? A butt-ton of flowers? Nothing? O.o
Old August 1st, 2012, 08:14 AM
Zortac
League Champion

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Zortac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizhtrainer View Post
This game base Rom's FireRed, so it doesnt use internal clock, wich means no Day/Night system.

You can use the day/night application by MasterMind_X.

-Past Works
-PM me
-VM me!
-Capumon:BlackGranite X:Origins
-Creator of this awesome sig
Old August 2nd, 2012, 10:37 AM
Blue Stripe
Beginning Trainer

[QUOTE=Teh Blazer;7278329
Anywho, due to the ROM's limited space I am unable to fully complete Striaton City's map. I have all (3 different types) of the buildings, however there is no more room for the bushes, green arches, or big arc. What should I do to compensate for this? A new event? A butt-ton of flowers? Nothing? O.o[/QUOTE]
Maybe break off the garden and add it to the adjacent route?
Old August 2nd, 2012, 11:19 AM
Dimebag
Getcha' Pull !

Quote:
I was contemplating that as I was making alterations to the game and I didn't want to turn it into some type of Sarcastic Prince "completely whole new game" concept, I just wanted to do what I though B/W should've done. And the Denjuu is because I can't replicate the Dream World, so it's there in it's place (I thought it'd be a fun canon).

Anywho, due to the ROM's limited space I am unable to fully complete Striaton City's map. I have all (3 different types) of the buildings, however there is no more room for the bushes, green arches, or big arc. What should I do to compensate for this? A new event? A butt-ton of flowers? Nothing? O.o
Oh ok i understand what you say...Though you can add the new story and the denjuu as post game quests...
As for your problem...im pretty unable to answer it....
Old August 4th, 2012, 08:14 AM
Teh Blazer
Divider of Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipsoft View Post
You can use the day/night application by MasterMind_X.
I plan on using it, if I could ever figure out how day/time works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Stripe View Post
Maybe break off the garden and add it to the adjacent route?
I would, but I gave my routes a specific second tileset so they could add more features to them without altering the first tileset.

Quote:
Oh ok i understand what you say...Though you can add the new story and the denjuu as post game quests...
As for your problem...im pretty unable to answer it....
The story I see kinda has to progress along with the game. As for the Denjuu, I can always make that post game, but that'll be soo long from now I don't see why I have to make you wait.
Old August 8th, 2012, 06:50 AM
Goweegie2
Unhatched Egg

Listen, Teh Blazer. Why in the world would anyone come to this thread unless they want to download the Black/White remake (or as you typo it, 'demake'). Please, post a download link!
Old August 8th, 2012, 07:02 AM
Banjora Marxvile
Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goweegie2 View Post
Listen, Teh Blazer. Why in the world would anyone come to this thread unless they want to download the Black/White remake (or as you typo it, 'demake'). Please, post a download link!
It is a demake, as it is a game of a next generation on a previous generation, so technically is one step lower. Hence demake.

And, read before you post, as IT ISN'T COMPLETE YET! No link means that there is no public version that he feels is complete enough. Wait, as all good things come in time, don't decide you are the boss and tell him what to do.

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
Numb for pretentious pain
As he spins the wheel
There's no loss nor no gain...

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
Like Campari and Champagne
I'm on the rocks
Please tell me, What Is My Name?

Old August 8th, 2012, 08:29 AM
cliu123
Beginning Trainer

Lols i like how your using the telefang power guy as part of your starting screen
Old August 9th, 2012, 06:18 AM
lukasz_pro
Saiyan Prince

Nature: Hardy
just dont give up , lot of people want see this hack finished :D
can u tell us about percentage progres ?
Old August 22nd, 2012, 04:11 PM
Mikachu
Pokemon OW Spriter

Nature: Naughty
This hack sounds and looks incredible so far keep up the good work :D

Old August 29th, 2012, 03:44 PM
Teh Blazer
Divider of Zero

I was never good at math >.>, but I'm finished up to Striaton City.

Unfortunately, though, I cannot find anywhere a full map of the Dreamyard nor tiles to accommodate it, so most of it will have to be made-up. Sorry to disappoint, unless I can find both of those I'll have to go with some different rendition of the Dreamyard, I'm stuck with my own version.
Old August 29th, 2012, 06:21 PM
Pinta77
Scatterbug Breeder

Send a message via Skype™ to Pinta77
This is a very interesting idea. Its gonna be difficult to make the maps/story without owning the game, but you can do it Also, how are you going to make that city that's a big circle? (forgot what it's called)

The dream yard might be difficult to make :/ the thing with black and white is it has a lot more 3D characteristics then generation 4. I wish you luck there.

Also, If you'd like, i could try to make you some Overworld sprites. I'm not the best, but I think I've gotten better. If you wanna see them, click one of the "pokemon pink" suport banners in my sig. My overworld sprite sheet is on page 4.

Last edited by Pinta77; August 29th, 2012 at 06:27 PM.
Old August 29th, 2012, 07:20 PM
PokemonMasters
Always Remember Forever&After

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinta77 View Post
This is a very interesting idea. Its gonna be difficult to make the maps/story without owning the game, but you can do it Also, how are you going to make that city that's a big circle? (forgot what it's called)

The dream yard might be difficult to make :/ the thing with black and white is it has a lot more 3D characteristics then generation 4. I wish you luck there.

Also, If you'd like, i could try to make you some Overworld sprites. I'm not the best, but I think I've gotten better. If you wanna see them, click one of the "pokemon pink" suport banners in my sig. My overworld sprite sheet is on page 4.
i think you mean Castellia City. Well Wesley FG did some tiles for that city, so maybe TehBlazer will use that.

+ForeverDash on PC's Battle Server | Pair | VM/PM |Partner In Crime
Old August 30th, 2012, 12:51 AM
Dimebag
Getcha' Pull !

Quote:
I was never good at math >.>, but I'm finished up to Striaton City.

Unfortunately, though, I cannot find anywhere a full map of the Dreamyard nor tiles to accommodate it, so most of it will have to be made-up. Sorry to disappoint, unless I can find both of those I'll have to go with some different rendition of the Dreamyard, I'm stuck with my own version.
I think that you can use the powerplant tiles from fr/lg they look alike ( or not ?) and they are colored pretty much the same ( or not ?) but there are holes on the floor.....

\m/ KYUSS \m/
Old August 30th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Pinta77
Scatterbug Breeder

Send a message via Skype™ to Pinta77
I didnt know wesley made tiles for that. In that case, I suggest you use them. He makes great tiles. Also, tHe power plant tiles are a good idea as well.
Old August 30th, 2012, 05:35 PM
Teh Blazer
Divider of Zero

Yeah, I've been using Wesely FG's tiles for most of the game. I just havent found many (if at all) that look like they're from the Dreamyard. Maybe I'm just not looking hard enough, but I'm stumped >.<
Old August 31st, 2012, 12:39 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinta77 View Post
I didnt know wesley made tiles for that. In that case, I suggest you use them. He makes great tiles. Also, tHe power plant tiles are a good idea as well.
Wes made lotta tiles =D And BW ones are just the peak :D

Sponsored Links