• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Pokémon Odyssey: A New Beginning [T] [Best Veteran 4Q '12]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claire*

Here's to the crazy ones.
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
Genevieve L'esprit

The rushing wind caused the ballroom gown like excrescence of Genevieve's body to billow gently. She sat perfectly still, her eyes closed and mind distantly following the battle that was raging no more than meters away. The calamity and peril permeated the air, it was almost tangible and divine to the touch. How she did loath this assignment however, especially in comparison to her last. This current one of "defend and protect" was so beneath her. Before Albia, her assignment was to woo and convert those who had been a part of this pathetic resistance. That assignment, that she was good at. This one was more suited to that brute of a Tyrannitar, running around destroying everything in his negligence. Pathetic.

Maybe Auron didn't fully appreciate her abilities, no, that wasn't it. Maybe the fact she was here, was more a result of his understanding. Her legs remained neatly tucked under her body, sitting slightly at an angle, her skirt like extension flowing freely. Two Kabutops flanked her on either side, serving as personal guards. They shifted uncomfortably at Genevieve's eerily calm demeanor amid the chaos. Smiling to herself at their discomfort, she was pleased to know that these worthless beings were capable of such a response.

She lifted the two Kabutops in the air, their feet dangling under the exertion of her psychic power. The unmistakable incandescent glow of her ability radiating around them. If they were uncomfortable with their assignment, then they were of no further use to her. She continued to lift them, high into the airspace above her. "Your services are no longer required," she whispered. The pressure on their bodies amplified, the force breaking them in half before releasing her grasp, their bodies plummeted back to the dust from once they came with a sickening thud.

The loss of those towers was going to be a problem, a bigger one than many others might have realized. It wasn't time to run yet, but that time might not be far off. The smoke and rubble from the now fallen tower cast a cloud over the area. Quickly reaching out for the location of her fellow Sentinels, Genevieve observed where the battle was converging, the ultimate climax surely at hand.

She decided to toy with the Gold tribe, hoping to throw a wrench into their plans. Words were oftentimes, more effective than violence. She reached out mentally, attempting to tap the communication avenues of her targets. "Hello," she said mentally. Her words oddly contrasting to the turmoil of the surroundings. Such a simple word, yet one of hidden deeper significance.

"I truly wish you hadn't destroyed that tower, such beautiful architecture," she continued. "I would just encourage you, no implore you, be careful of your next actions. We wouldn't want others to be hurt unnecessarily, now would we?" She projected finally, with a hint of false sympathy.

Rising to her feet, she strode off to meet with her compatriots. Hoping her little mind game had reached those it was intended for.

Last edited:

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Penance 'Defender' Malum​

The plan had been to head forth and attack the Ancients a bit more and to get to the Generals, instead something different happened.

Hello, I truly wish you hadn't destroyed that tower, such beautiful architecture I would just encourage you, no implore you, be careful of your next actions. We wouldn't want others to be hurt unnecessarily, now would we?

Penance stopped in his tracks as he reached out with his own mind to try and find out where the message originated from. There! It was some distance away, but still, he knew without a doubt it was a Sentinel! He quickly turned around. "New plan! I have the area the signal was sent from. That means the Sentinels now know our location, which means they are no doubt sending someone to try and pick us off. We stay here and guard the Generals! Take out the Ancients as fast as possible and keep an eye out! Do not be distracted or run off and stay in masse! No exceptions!"

He looked over at Truestriker. "We have to move fast. If you can, contact Bloodthirster and inform him of what is going on! See if he can spot the Sentinels forming up and from which direction!" With that he turned and headed to the Ancient army and quickly formed up some Water Pulses and splattered them against the Ancients, soaking a good amount of them.

Garet

GhostFire
Years
So, this was how they would disable the cannons. Hanso frowned. "Demas, you said?" he asked, but Calamity had already placed the charge. Time to leave. He and Calamity hurried back down the watchtower, as fast as they could. They left the tower just as some of the top floor's rubble hit the ground floor.
As Vigil and Defender spoke through the telepathic connection, Hanso nodded to himself. No serious injuries, it sounds like. Then they were told to rendezvous at a place, which ended up being the southwest tower. It didn't take long before they met up with Zane and Penance. Hanso noted that there were two more Gold Tribe members, but remained silent.

As the plan went, Hanso liked it. Simple, fast, effective. Collapse the tower onto a large number of Ancients, except... Are all youngsters hot and impatient? he thought, watching the Scizor go on the offensive.
"Alright brothers and sisters. We have to bring this down together. On the count of three, release your strongest moves. One. Two. THREE!"
Hanso began throwing multiple Psycho Cuts at the tower, spreading them along the sites where the other attacks hit, as well as his own spot. Soon, the tower began creaking, then hit the ground with a loud SLAM.

After that, the plan was to hit the Ancients hard as they made their way to the Generals, who would apparently draw the Sentinels.
Hanso nodded, his arm-blades glowing as he began to move forward. Then something unexpected happened. Hello.
Hanso skidded to a halt, closing his eyes. Unexpected, and it was a sharp contrast to the sounds of battle. Where had that--
I truly wish you hadn't destroyed that tower, such beautiful architecture. I would just encourage you, no implore you, be careful of your next actions. We wouldn't want others to be hurt unnecessarily, now would we?

Hanso felt something that seemed like sympathy, but he wondered if it was real. Someone had broken into their telepathic link! Why had he not been watching for such a thing?!

"New plan! I have the area the signal was sent from. That means the Sentinels now know our location, which means they are no doubt sending someone to try and pick us off. We stay here and guard the Generals! Take out the Ancients as fast as possible and keep an eye out! Do not be distracted or run off and stay in masse! No exceptions!"

Penace looked over at Truestriker. "We have to move fast. If you can, contact Bloodthirster and inform him of what is going on! See if he can spot the Sentinels forming up and from which direction!"

Hanso nodded, though his face showed a scowl. He threw out several illusions of himself to distract Ancients, then set himself to shoring up the defenses of the telepathic link. Whoever had intruded wouldn't - or shouldn't - find it quite so easy. After strengthening the link's defenses, Hanso contacted Ragnaros. "Defender believes the Sentinels know where we are. Us on the ground are gonna guard the Generals. If you can, find out where the Sentinels are and what they're doing, and report."

Hanso took a deep breath before charging forward to rejoin the Gold Tribe. No exceptions, Penance had said. That meant that he couldn't go out to find the mental intruder on his own. It chafed at him that Hanso wasn't searching for her - the voice had felt like a her - but the safety of the Generals mattered more than such a personal matter.
Hanso's arm-blades glowed as he swept through Ancients, cutting them down with Psycho Cuts. He got held up once, by three Armaldos, but he dodged their attacks and slashed at their eyes, then chests or legs, before he could move on. Hanso kept his mind open enough that he would be able to sense the Generals if they came within a radius of about twenty feet.

Whoever the intruder is, I'll find her eventually. After all, in his opinion, an enemy who could break into their communications was more dangerous than an army of Ancients.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Jirmonji awoke from his unconciousness. "Where the hell am I?" Everything came flooding back. A fight with Sovereign, running, and the tower coming down...I'm buried under the tower! He began to wail on the rubble above him, but his blows weren't as powerful as they once were. He finally knocked a hole in the pile of rocks. He managed to peak his head out and look around. There were pieces of a once huge tower everywhere and a few of his brothers. I must join them! He slammed on the rubble around his legs and eventually broke that too. He managed to stand up, but his legs were most likely broken. I don't need my legs right now. He limped to the wall and leapt off. Before he hit the ground, he took off with his wings and soared over the Ancients, raining down Metal Claws, X-Scissors, and the occasional Silver Wind. "FOR REY!" He screamed and made his way towards the Alpha Army.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Emerald took a deep breath as she stared at the tower. She was still considering using Hyper beam but shook her head and thought better. If I use Hyper beam I won't be able to help out right away, better use Shadow Ball, that way I can help out right away, be it through fighting or healing. she thought before looking back at the others.

"Alright brothers and sisters. We have to bring this down together. On the count of three, release your strongest moves. One. Two. THREE!" Emerald heard from Zane.

Letting out her breath Emerald sent three balls of Dark energy, Shadow Ball at the watchtower fell. Alright brothers and sisters. Time to do what we do best. Stay reasonably close together. Be on the look-out for Sentinels. Let's move."

Emerald nodded about to start moving when she heard a voice in her head. Hello. Emerald looked around. I truly wish you hadn't destroyed that tower, such beautiful architecture. I would just encourage you, no implore you, be careful of your next actions. We wouldn't want others to be hurt unnecessarily, now would we?

With a frown Emerald realized that someone on the enemy side had broken into the telepathic link they had and sure there was a tone of sympathy but Emerald knew it wasn't real. Following after the others Emerald ran fast and slammed into an Ancient with Take Down making the Armaldo glare at her. "what's a weak little Blissey going to do to me" he snarled before his claws glowed blue and he slashed out with Fury Cutter, Emerald moved back slightly but not quick enough to avoid a light scratch on her chest. Though it was better than a deep one.

"You Don't know who your talking to" she frowned more and sent multiple Shadow Balls at the Armaldo. Of those only two of them hit.

"You Can't win" he laughed slashing her arm with a Metal Claw.

"You don't know that!" she growled slamming against him with Take Down again and right after sending another Shadow Ball, this one hit the Armaldo's head and the Ancient fell to the ground either dead or unconcious, but Emerald wasn't going to check. She took a breath and the egg in her pouch glowed yellow, as she raised her arms a small egg shaped yellow light rose from the egg and went towards her. Emerald's body then became enveloped by a yellow light. When the light faded her wounds were healed leaving light scars. But she shook her head running after the others spotting the Swift she called out to him. "Brother! Let me heal you" seeing how injured he was.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Jirmonji heard his name called out. "Brother, let me heal you!" He spun around in the air and saw the Blissey named 'Healer'.

He flew towards her and landed right in front of her heavily on his legs and fell down in pain. He noticed an Armaldo still breathing and bashed it's head in with a Metal Claw. "The tower...it fell on my legs." That was obvious as they were bending in unnatural angles. "Please sister..." He was in serious pain, but he couldn't stand by idly. He turned around and began to fire volley after volley of Silver Wind. "Fear my strikes!" he called out to the Ancients. He was taking down the Ancients by the dozens, but they just kept coming.

Claire*

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
Genevieve L'esprit

Genevieve loved when a plan came together. Like an orchestra tuning up before a performance; it progresses from a cacophony of bombastic noise, to the beautiful harmonizing tones of perfection. At its center stood the maestro, or in her mind, her. A nudge here, a lie there, that was all it took. Such an elegant way to go about things, not that violence didn't have its place of course. No, the greatest weapon, is the one that is turned on its wielder.

As expected, her access to the communication channels she had highjacked was quickly severed. The one who had removed her from access had taken extra precautions, a vain attempt to keep her out. The defenses were in fact much better. Not impenetrable, not for her, but that would be a criminal waste of her time. She no longer needed their telepathic communication, they could scheme amongst themselves all they wanted. The real reason for her motivation, was to find him. The one who removed her from the link. Thanks to his quick response, he had given her just what she wanted. He had given her him.

An enemy soldier leapt out from the nearby fray, he jumped in front of her path as she continued to saunter behind the battle lines. A lowly grunt, how quaint. Front line soldiers were such a mystery to her now. Throwing their lives away for causes beyond their comprehension. All their fighting, bloodshed and loss, for what? Others to rule over them? So someone new can tell them how to live? Face the same oppression, just in a different form and under a gilded title of freedom? It was almost sad, you should only fight for one cause, yours. She used to be one of those fools, a warrior for other's ideals, not any longer. She may serve now, but not without reason or her own motivations.

The Machoke rushed her, a reckless approach. His muscles rippled with anticipation, he closed in for the kill, almost as if he had guaranteed it already in his own mind. He reared back, the Dynamic punch primed to hit. Genevieve timed her pirouette perfectly, sidestepping the attack with effortless grace. The Machoke missed by inches, the gust of his punch buffeting her cheek softly. "Enough," she spoke sternly to him. He wasn't worth her time, she had no need for more brutes. Raising her arm in his direction, her psychic attack quickly separated the earth from his feet. Just like the Kabutops, he dangled helplessly. With a quick flick of her wrist, the Machoke went flying. His body sailed through the air, head first into one of the retaining walls of the city, his neck snapping on contact. He lay crumpled on the ground, his body just as lifeless as his former patriotism.

The distraction dealt with, Genevieve returned her attention to the one that severed her connection. He was the one she wanted. Reaching out to him, and only him, she tried to speak with his mind. "Aren't you a fun one?" She said teasingly, with a hint of flirtation. "Not many Pokemon can kick me out of their channels so quickly. I guess there's no sense in keeping this a secret, you'll find out soon enough. My name is Genevieve, pleased to make your acquaintance," she continued, her tone almost like that of one having a typical conversation on a normal day.

"You and I should meet, or are you too busy? I couldn't possibly think of a reason you'd be busy, it's not like there's a war on or anyth- oh, never mind," she let out a soft chuckle. "Why don't you and I meet? I'm sure you can find me, I'm not that far from the beautiful tower you knocked over. Of course, if your superiors won't let you, I'll understand." Her final words were almost mocking in inflection, an unspoken challenge or taunt at him.

Last edited:

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Albia

"The Sentinels will probably head to the Generals! Stick around them and we'll see them in due time!" Zane heard Defender shout behind him as they went into the battlefield. Zane agreed. The Generals would be the most likely target for the Sentinels. Zane charged forward, slamming right into an Omastar with an Iron Head. To the side of him were three Kabutops, and to his left a Bastiodon. Zane decided to engage the three Kabutops first, swiping claws with them, getting them with a few good hits while mostly avoiding any slashes from them. One managed to scratch his shoulder, but it was nothing serious. As he turned to face the Bastiodon, Zane realized that while he was fighting the other three, the Ancient had prepared a charge, and tackle right into Zane, flinging him back a few meters. The Ancient roared in his move, but Zane quickly recovered, to the surprise of the Bastiodon, and charged in again. He leaped on top of him, and the performed an Aerial Ace on his back. The Bastiodon charged wildly forward in his pain, mostly hitting his fellow Ancients in its charge, before coming to an abrupt halt. Zane jumped off, ready for more. He spotted in the fighting General Hazone, who was fight two Aerodactyl in the air. As of now, he seemed to be handling himself alright. General Hazone was close as well, in the middle of the pack, both commanding with his booming voice and fighting simultaneously.

"Hello," Zane heard in his mind. It caused him to stop, looking around to see the source of the voice, but unable to pinpoint it. It wasn't one he recognized, so he knew it wasn't any of his brothers or sisters. "I truly wish you hadn't destroyed that tower, such beautiful architecture," The voice continued. Zane looked over to where Defender was, who also seemed confused by the voice. "I would just encourage you, no implore you, be careful of your next actions. We wouldn't want others to be hurt unnecessarily, now would we?"

Quick thinking from Defender established a new plan, where he suggested they stay in the area and guard the Generals. The Sentinels knew where they were, so it was only a matter of time.

And that time seemed to have arrived. "Vigil!" Calamity shouted behind him, motioning to a spot behind them both, a bit closer to one of the Generals. The burning of flame seemed to erupt there, as a set of Alpha Alliance soldiers were caught up in the scorch and burned. He could hear their screams. The Silver Tribe was made up of Ancients, so there were few who could possess abilities of fire. The figure of the source of the flames emerged soon afterward, a Flareon. One Zane knew all too well from battles beforehand, including Eternity City.

Ignitus of the Sentinels had come.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 16, 2024
Ragnaros 'Bloodthirster' Phylax

Bloodthirster didn't get the chance to help his mates bring down the watchtower; another group of Ancients attacked him, and he had already lost his allies in the sandstorm raised by Sovereign. Well done, Sovereign. It won't be so funny next we meet, he thought, with fury painted all over his face.

He was fueling his massive dragon rush with his anger; his whole body was covered in red and blue flames as the Aerodactyls of the sky guard charged recklessly at him. But he was faster - he swung his body around, his fiery tail landing on them both. The impact must've broken half of their bones, but Bloodthirster didn't take a moment to watch them fall to the ground - he had already turned to his next victim. With claws imbued in the dragon's sacred flames, he impaled the Aerodactyl and ripped his neck off with his fangs.

Three Aerodactyl begun an assault from above; he surprised them by charging at them. As a flaming juggernaut, he crushed his body againist the first, the second, and the third Aerodactyl, taking them down. This time, he looked down on the ground - the fallen Ancients created a pool of their own blood on the street. A menacing grin took over Bloodthirster's face at the sight of blood. He felt it in his front feet. Just then...

"Hello," Bloodthirster flinched and perked up his ears, as if he could listen to the voice in his mind better that way. "I truly wish you hadn't destroyed that tower, such beautiful architecture," the familiar voice continued. The Aerodactyls found the opportunity and started swarming him, but the voice kept on, "I would just encourage you, no implore you, be careful of your next actions. We wouldn't want others to be hurt unnecessarily, now would we?"

He roared to the sky and the flames of his body bursted away the Aerodactyls, sending them flying to the ground. Recalling the same voice in his mind, he ascended higher, only to be met with more Aerodactyls. He launched a wide flamethrower, and even though it did not have any direct effect, it gave him the time to bring out the steam that was burning inside him. In a powerful blast of steam, everything in front of him was blown away. Flapping his wings, he flew upwards, exiting the sandstorm.

Defender believes the Sentinels know where we are. Us on the ground are gonna guard the Generals. If you can, find out where the Sentinels are and what they're doing, and report.

Ragnaros heard Hanso speak to his mind. He nodded and looked around; all of Albia unfolded beneath him. He wouldn't look for any Sentinel now... the one I'm looking for takes the cake. My meeting with Sovereign can wait, he thought with a grimace. From where he was, he could clearly see the familiar figure of the Gardevoir, north of his location. Of course.

The Salamence dove towards the ground and landed in front of the Sentinel, not too far, not too close.

"Look who it is! Come here to destroy us, have you?" he said with a small - playful, rather than mocking - grin on his face. "How are you, Genevieve?" his tone was slightly softer now.

A brilliant plan formed in his mind.

Claire*

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
Genevieve L'esprit

Well, this was definitely not the Gold Tribe member she had expected. Then again, what good was life without a few surprises now and then. The Salamence landed in front of her with a gentle 'thud'. She recognized him instantly, it had been a long time since their last meeting, but there was no mistaking him. She smiled at him, genuinely, no pretension or prevarication. He asked if she had intended to destroy all of them, the answer had seemed obvious to her, it was almost silly to ask.

"Of course I have, you lot have been most naughty," she replied to him with a reciprocal playful tone. She had nothing to fear from him, not yet at least. Genevieve had a sneaking suspicion, he wouldn't just outright attempt to bite her head off. Carelessly walking up to the mighty Salamence, she placed a caressing hand on the side of his face. She rubbed the aerodynamic spike like extrusions from the side, it had been a long time indeed. She wrapped her arms around his neck, a warm embrace and a reuniting too long in the making.

"I'm great Ragnaros, work keeps me a little busy, but what can you do?" She released her hug, almost regretfully so. "Look at you! How are you?" She asked earnestly.

An Aerodactyl circled the airspace above them, keeping a watchful eye on the Salamence and what his next action might be. Genevieve looked up at him and with a dismissive wave, sent him away. Reinforcement wouldn't be necessary, she had this one all planned out. This time, she had one of her greatest weapons of all on her side, sincerity.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 16, 2024

Ragnaros stared at the Gardevoir's true smile, memories from the past striking him violently. It was one of those true, rare smiles.

"Of course I have, you lot have been most naughty," she spoke in the same playful manner. He opened his eyes wide as she walked up to him - he knew they were enemies, but... were they, really? Genevieve could read him like an open book. He had no intentions of killing her. She gently placed her hand on his scales and rubbed them, then proceeded to hug his neck; he slightly leaned forward as she did so. Ragnaros felt true happiness, after so many years.

"I'm great Ragnaros, work keeps me a little busy, but what can you do?" Once the Gardevoir let go of him, he let out a subtle grunt that came out as steam from his nostrils.

"Look at you! How are you?"

The Salamence blinked a few times, then followed her glance up to the sky to see an Aerodactyl departing. He quickly looked at her again.

"I'm lost, Genevieve, as I always was..." he said, with the might that characterized his voice all gone. "I don't know what I am fighting for. It's so easy to just open my wings and fly to the skies. I'm tired of all this. Why can't it be like the good old times?"

Genevieve would know where he was going with this, so he figured implying things wouldn't do any good. He looked at her in the eye, still leaning forward to be in the same height with her. "We are enemies, now... are we not?" A tricky smile was spread all across his face.

Claire*

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
Genevieve L'esprit

Genevieve's heart ached for her long lost friend. The pain and agony radiated from him in perceivable waves. What happened to him? So...damaged, more so than she remembered. A member of the Gold Tribe not even sure what he was fighting for anymore. This wasn't like the Ragnaros she remembered. Perfect.

"Oh Ragnaros, I could never think of you as my enemy. I don't know what I would do if harm ever came to you, let alone through my own actions," she cooed, her hand reaching up to stroke his face again. Just as he could hide nothing from her, she could hide nothing from him. Her own pain and damaged psyche surely evident to him.

"Why are you lost my dear friend? Tell me, there are no secrets between us. At least... there used to be." Genevieve looked him in the eyes again, her own quivered with what could be mistaken as genuine feeling and sadness. She began to massage his neck, her attempt to remove his pent-up tension. Trying to remember the spot he used to love, she searched for it, hoping it was still where she remembered.

"Don't tell me you forgot that old Dragon proverb? The one about hatchlings lost in a forest, but they don't have their wings so they can't penetrate the treetops," she cleared her throat as if remembering herself. "If you can't find your way out of the forest, then you burn it down," she said finally.

"Good times aren't unattainable, not to you, not to me, and certainly not to you and I together." Genevieve poured her heart into each statement, she made it seem like she meant every word. The good times when they were together, on the same side fighting for something they both believed in. It wasn't impossible for them to be that again. Fighting side by side for one cause, hers.

She could feel the battle some distance away, the ebb and flow. The battle was like the waves of a sea, rhythmic, percussive and unrelenting. Here they stood, serenity in a storm of destruction. Mental warfare raging amidst physical. The eye at the center of a hurricane, what lies beyond? Well, that was anyone's guess.

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Sovereign traced the dragons path to a building not far. What could be distracting him so? He followed eagerly, hoping to get his rematch. "Where are you going?" He ignored Vera's question as he pressed on, nearing his destination.

He plowed through a building to reach his target at last. But, he was not alone. "Genevieve?" He didn't sound like himself as he spoke. Something about being around her affected him in a peculiar way. "What are you doing here? Dont you know its dangerous inside the city right now." Sovereign, as a being of darkness had a distinct resistance to psychic persuasion. His strange behavior around Genevieve was something different. She had managed to manipulate the proud Tyranitar through some means outside his understanding. He was flustered. His stomach was tight around her and his voice evoked images of a teenager awkwardly trying to keep his cool.

He turned to look back at Ragnaros. "This one is most dangerous. Please, leave him to me!"

Last edited:

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Emerald nodded seeing how injured the Swift was, and was honestly surprised he had survived the tower falling on his legs but she wasn't going to worry about that now. Closing her eyes for a second when she opened them, she saw The Swift firing a Volley of Silver Wind at Ancients that were nearing them. Forming a dark energy ball in her hands she fired a Shadow Ball at one that got to close before concentrating on healing.

"I'll take care of you don't worry brother, I'm more adept at healing, though I can fight well. I have attacks more based on healing and defense" she said before taking a breath and the egg in her pouch glowed yellow as she used softboiled. She raised her arms and a small egg shaped yellow light rose from the egg in her pouch and went towards the Swift enveloping him in a yellow glow, healing his injuries.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
The Swift nodded and looked at his sister. "Thank you sister. I appreciate it. Now, to battle!" He called out and took off into the midst of the battle again. He danced throughout the Ancients, striking down one after the other with Metal Claw. None could attack him, for his speed was greater than anything less than the wind. He struck the nearest Kabutops in the head and sent it reeling into multiple other Ancients. A soft thud drew his attention, and he noticed the one they call 'Bloodthirster' land. By Arceus I'm glad he's on our team. He began to cut away at the Ancients again until he finally reached the front lines. He saw the main army of Ancients combating with the Alpha Alliance armies. Jirmonji noted the positions of the generals. He new the Dragonite from anywhere. Where he could see him, the others were nearby. He flew down to them. "Jirmonji 'The Swift' of the Gold Tribe reporting for duty sir." He reported in, then began to fight the Ancients yet again.

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Ignus
"Prince of Light"
- Albia -​

Ignus was just inside the city, waiting for the big conflict to start. He let down his illusion. A bunch of ancients were pouring out of the city. Way more than Ignus thought were even in Albia.

Oh, Arceus. There are so many....I gotta thin them out a bit. But how? Ignus went through several plans in his head, finally deciding on one. Okay, so I can grab their attention, and run away, leading them all over the city. That sounds good.

Ignus took a deep breath, not realizing how much danger he would soon be in. He jumped out from the shadows, and screamed at the brutes.

"Hey ***holes! Over here!"

For good measure he fired off a U-Turn, jumping on one of them's chest and springing off back towards the alley. Several of the Ancients saw him, and gave chase. Other ancients saw the others running at Ignus, and followed. A chain effect ensued where over a hundred or so Ancients had broken off, and all were coming for The Prince of Light.

Oh, crap! I didn't think so many would come!

Then, Ignus did what he did best: run. He ran all throughout the back alleyways and main streets, sending the Ancients on a wild chase. He eventually came up on a dead end. He scaled a wall, and sat on top.

Ha. Come get me no-

The ancients started jumping, a few of them managing to grab onto the wall. The reached for Ignus, but he jumped back and fell down to the other side.

"OOOPH!"

Ignus hit the ground hard, knocking the wind out of him. An ancient followed suit, landing just behind him. Biting the pain, Ignus stood up, and struck the ancient with a shadow claw before he could get up. Ignus's claws dug deep into the brute's neck, and he pulled them out horizontally. The ancient rolled over, his eyes even blanker then before. He was either dead or unconscious. Another Ancient followed, and Ignus fired off an Extrasensory, followed by a Sword's dance, sharpening his claws and pumping himself up. Another ancient fell down, and landed on top of the other one. He was crushed underneath his larger cohort, who was then disarmed with a Shadow Claw. Ignus set the two on fire with Flamethrower, hoping to get a few of the others who fell of that way. He turned and ran, not wanting to stick around long enough to see just how many morons lit themselves on fire.​

Last edited:

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Penance 'Defender' Malum​

Penance continued to shoot out Water Pulses as fast as he could. For the moment he was keeping back many of the Ancients and every so often confusing one so that it would attack its allies. That was all well and good, but he still needed to make sure everyone kept together. He knew it would be rather easy for one of them to head off if a Sentinel appeared, and he didn't want anyone being left behind to be picked off. He saw a red blur and 'The Swift' was suddenly back up. Huh, he had seen the Blissey near him earlier. Did she really him that quickly? Cause if so, that would be a rather useful ability when fighting the Sentinels. Speaking of which....

A lot of fire, and he meant a lot, suddenly appeared around one of the Generals as many of the soldiers were thrown back. It was then that he saw her, Ignitus. Penance gritted his teeth and glanced around. "Everyone, form up on Ignitus! Keep her contained!" He shouted as loud as he could as he ran through the crowd of soldiers and Ancients as he put his two hands together and formed a ball of water and infused it once more with his psychic powers. "Hey Ignitus! Taste my Bomb!" He shouted as he threw the Water Bomb right at her and followed up with smaller Water Pulses.

He stopped some distance from her as he readied two more Water Pulses to hit her with in case his barrage didn't catch her attention, which he was pretty sure it did.

Last edited:

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Before the general could acknowledge the Scizor, The Swift took off again. He heard the still nameless Golduck cry out, "Everyone form up on Ignus! Keep him contained!" Jirmonji knew who Ignus was, and was reluctant to fight him. It would be a major disadvantage on his part, and he would be a better use fighting off the army.

He launched a volley of Silver Wind into the growing crowd of Ancients. "FEAR ME!" He called out to them, smashing in heads of Ancients everywhere with Metal Claw. He pummeled a Cradily with a Bullet Punch then removed it's head with X-Scissor. He dashed throughout the crowd with speed just barely under sonicboom, half flying half running, with claws held out like a clothesline using Metal Claw, clipping heads of Ancients everywhere. He paused when he saw 'Bloodthirster confronted with Sovereign and a Gardevoir...Who was she...He had heard of her, but couldn't remember her name. He moved on, as he believed the massive dragon could easily take both of them. He launched even more Silver Wind into the crowd and found Ignus soaking wet. He saw the Golduck as well and flew next to him. "Hello brother. How have you been?" He looked at his claws and realized they were more crimson than they were before.

Garet

GhostFire
Years
Hanso caught up to Zane as Calamity called his attention. He followed the Bisharp's gaze to where flames erupted, burning the soldiers that were caught. After getting rid of some more Ancients, which separated him from the others, Hanso jumped off the head of a Kabutops that had swung its scythe down. As he was in the air, he saw who had created the fire. Ignitus is here. Once he touched down, Hanso teleported to a place near the Flareon, away from the flames, and threw a few Psycho Cuts at her before teleporting away. Hanso was standing several yards away from the Generals and the other Gold Tribe fighters when he got another message, this time for his mind alone.

"Aren't you a fun one?" the voice said teasingly, with a hint of flirtation.
Hanso stopped, his mind immediately tracking the voice.
"Not many Pokemon can kick me out of their channels so quickly. I guess there's no sense in keeping this a secret, you'll find out soon enough. My name is Genevieve, pleased to make your acquaintance," she continued, her tone almost like that of one having a typical conversation on a normal day.
It seemed to Hanso that the message was coming from further in the city. He whirled around to ward off some Ancients with his arm-blades.
"You and I should meet, or are you too busy? I couldn't possibly think of a reason you'd be busy, it's not like there's a war on or anyth- oh, never mind," she let out a soft chuckle. "Why don't you and I meet? I'm sure you can find me, I'm not that far from the beautiful tower you knocked over. Of course, if your superiors won't let you, I'll understand."

Hanso jumped up and came down onto the Omastar's shell, striking the shell in a place he had already struck, creating a small break, but enough to deal sensitive damage. After dispatching the Ancient, he turned to take in the battlefield.
"Everyone, form up on Ignitus! Keep her contained!"
That was Penance. Hanso considered his options. He'd tracked the voice to a location near the fallen tower, as this Genevieve had said. Her last words had been a challenge to him, daring him to find her. On the other hand, Ignitus was near the Generals; if she wasn't contained, she might get through to one of the Generals and unleash her worst.

Hanso shook his head, forming a ball of energy as he visualized it hitting the Flareon. As his Future Sight attack flew into the sky to strike her minutes later, he sighed. This was the first time, to his remembrance, that he'd felt this sort of confusion; something about the other psychic's mental voice was very unsettling, to the point that it caught him a little off-guard.

Hanso frowned as he struck an attacking Armaldo in the chest with one, two Psycho Cuts before delivering another upwards into its chin. Ragnaros hadn't reported anything yet. It could be too early to expect something, but the dragon seemed very capable of freeing himself from combat to survey the ground below. Tracking his mind through the shared telepathic link, Hanso discovered that it was close to where Genevieve was waiting. I don't know if he can defend himself against a psychic.
Hanso sighed. Penance, one or both of the Generals, Zane, Calamity, Guardia, Speculum, the others that should still be near the Generals...I could be crazy, but they should number enough to deal with Ignitus.

Hanso sidestepped a charging Rampardos, which ran into a Cradily that had been behind the Gallade. As the two Ancients fell, Hanso dashed forward and jumped onto the Rampardos' back, then vaulted himself over its head and at a flying Archeops. He grabbed its claws and swung himself around to the Ancient's back; as it squawked and began falling from the weight, Hanso pushed himself off and further up in the air, timing it so that he landed on the back of an Aerodactyl that had been ready to dive. Hanso used his mind to influence the Ancient into flying further into the city as it tried to buck him off.

His thought as he held on to the neck of the Aerodactyl, which gradually lost altitude: First mental enemy in my life.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 16, 2024

Though Ragnaros was smiling, his inside burned. He was drowning in agony for reasons he couldn't explain, but Genevieve's presence was making it better.

"Oh Ragnaros, I could never think of you as my enemy. I don't know what I would do if harm ever came to you, let alone through my own actions," she stroked his face again gently with her soft hand, the dragon shut his eyes and lost his smile as she did so. He felt her feelings, remembering the connection he once had with her and re-establishing it. Threatening clouds had veiled his heart, he was feeling her enticing psychic powers all over his body.

"Why are you lost my dear friend? Tell me, there are no secrets between us. At least... there used to be." She spoke in a soft tone and he opened his eyes, seeing her look right into them. Ragnaros recognized sadness and he silently promised he wouldn't let her be sad anymore. As she began to massage his neck, he shut his eyes once again; the clouds veiling his heard started swirling around. A furious storm was brewing as she touched him right where he liked it - side of the base of his neck.

"Don't tell me you forgot that old Dragon proverb? The one about hatchlings lost in a forest, but they don't have their wings so they can't penetrate the treetops," she cleared her throat. "If you can't find your way out of the forest, then you burn it down."

The Salamence had smirked his eyebrows, staring forward at nowhere with a deadly expression that revealed rage. He had indeed remembered the proverb, and the urge of burning it all down was accompanying the burning in his stomach.

"Good times aren't unattainable, not to you, not to me, and certainly not to you and I together."

Ragnaros knew where she was going with this. How typical of hers, a thought crossed his mind before he dismissed it. He needed to focus all of his attention into his actions to ensure he did nothing wrong. But before he could say anything, heavy footsteps were heard from behind; he jerked his head to see the familiar Tyranitar. Another Sentinel - that would mean the end of his plans for now. If you can't beat them, join them. Simple as that! he remembered Phylax's sayings about the strong ones. As for the rest of his sayings, he saved those for another time.

"Genevieve?" asked Sovereign. Ragnaros turned half of his body around to face him with the same expression he had before; surprisingly, his old rival's attention seemed focused only on the Gardevoir. "What are you doing here? Dont you know its dangerous inside the city right now." The Tyranitar asked in a strange tone that the Salamence recognized; now a menacing grin had come to join his expression. He had heard such tone back in the Academy. Hah. Losers.

Sovereign turned to look at Ragnaros. "This one is most dangerous. Please, leave him to me!"

Ragnaros started laughing out loud. "What's the matter, Sovereign? Protective of our lady friend here, aren't we?" he said when he stopped laughing; he glanced back at Genevieve with the same grin. When he turned to face the Tyranitar again, his grin had disappeared. Now things would get serious.

"I'm not looking for a fight. You should totally join us Gold Tribe... in a fight, of course," he said and approached the Tyranitar. He sat on his rear feet - something he didn't do often - and looked at the sky towards the direction of the burning watchtowers.

"These are gonna cut your heads off if you're not aware. I suggest you cut them down yourselves. Now, listen to me carefully, jarhead, because I'm only gonna say it once. Gold Tribe thinks you Sentinels are gonna go for their generals. Prove them wrong, and that oughta give you the edge. Clear?"

Ragnaros trusted that the meaning behind his words would pass through, to Genevieve at least. Standing as he was, he kicked the ground; moments later he was floating above their heads.

"And get moving. I know where you are, remember?"

The face of his old friend Genevieve infused him with courage, to the opposite direction. As he flew higher, he scanned the army of Ancients for any signs of the Gold Tribe.

Genevieve and Sovereign are incoming to the battlefield, he thought, hoping that those telepathetic links of Hanso worked still, Hanso? I believe you can track Genevieve's location. If you're still alive, that is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back