The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old Posted August 25th, 2012 (06:37 AM).
UltimateDillon
Veteran Gamer (Sort Of)

Nature: Modest
It looks like alot of your map inspiration has come from previous towns in the real games. plus the starting city looks just like the test map from pokemon essentials. excuse me if im getting you wrong. as for the rest of the features, they all seem like a great idea.
Old Posted August 25th, 2012 (08:23 AM). Edited August 25th, 2012 by Saving Raven.
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateDillon View Post
It looks like alot of your map inspiration has come from previous towns in the real games. plus the starting city looks just like the test map from pokemon essentials. excuse me if im getting you wrong. as for the rest of the features, they all seem like a great idea.
not really "a lot" stannum city, and cyan city are previous cities to pewter city, and viridian city (respectively) but they are changed around, the last city (vinnum city) is based off of vermilion city, except during this time, its closer inland, rather than being a port, the other cities and towns will be original, as for being the test map, that is completely coincidental...I guess that looks bad, I had no idea it was exactly the same D: I'll work on changing that...and thanks for the comment/advice/critique?

Hey guys, I'm working on a lot of things today, firstly, I'll remake the first town (thanks to ultimatedillon) secondly, I'm putting the finishing touches on road 4, and finally, make the new town, ardiger town!
Also, I'm sure you will all be happy to know I have completed all the series of events that lead you to the underground library!
and (thanks to alex) there will be no need of having a badge to use an HM move
and as a side note, dive no longer exists (I never bought that concept...) instead, it is replaced by dig! Thats right, you dig your way underground!

~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~

Old Posted August 25th, 2012 (11:34 AM).
UltimateDillon
Veteran Gamer (Sort Of)

Sorry if I've created more work for you. I just think that, if you leave it like that, people may accuse you of stealing maps and stuff. The maps are really great.
Old Posted August 25th, 2012 (12:42 PM). Edited August 25th, 2012 by Saving Raven.
Saving Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateDillon View Post
Sorry if I've created more work for you. I just think that, if you leave it like that, people may accuse you of stealing maps and stuff. The maps are really great.
no, infact is better you told me now! I totally didnt even know, It was the first map I made, so I probably wasnt thinking about my game as it is now, and I havent seen the test map since the first day I started this project, so thank xDD

UPDATE: Everything Is going according to plan! and there is a big side quest to get to the secret library! it should be fun! and I'm planning on a demo by sunday evening, or some time monday

I just had an idea for the professor! (granted, I have been watching too much full metal alchemist...) the professor is an alchemist who created a way to capture pokemon, and has devoted his life to the research and study of these bizarre, fascinating creatures. Name: Alchemist Raeken (I like it, but any other suggestions would be nice)

Old Posted August 26th, 2012 (08:20 AM).
LightningAlex

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LightningAlex Send a message via Skype™ to LightningAlex
You gotta explain that a little to me - what do you mean by "created a way to capture pokemon"...? Is he the inventor of the Pokeball or something like that?

Also, the name isn't really important at all If you like it, that's good.

Any spriter interested in having their Fakemon appear in a fan game? Or designing fake Mega Evolutions? Shoot me a PM
Old Posted August 26th, 2012 (09:36 AM).
Saving Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningAlex View Post
You gotta explain that a little to me - what do you mean by "created a way to capture pokemon"...? Is he the inventor of the Pokeball or something like that?

Also, the name isn't really important at all If you like it, that's good.
Yeah, he created the pokeball, and is eventually forced, to create a way to capture another trainer's pokemon by the evil organization, and through a sidequest you obtain a single snagball and save him/her from the organization

anyway, I have created a new town! Its full of thugs and bandits, but I need some suggestions though... I cant think of what else to put in it

You travel through the mountain range by using dig, and you reach the end where the detective's house it, and he tells you were you can find the key that opens a locked door that leads you to the underground library. While in the middle of the town are there is a dueling square, where most of the thugs socialize and terrorize new comers

Spoiler:

Old Posted August 26th, 2012 (01:46 PM).
LightningAlex

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LightningAlex Send a message via Skype™ to LightningAlex
Wow, those are some really nice ideas. I can't wait to see them develop more!
As for the town, you could, for starters, put a road xD Also, the fence on the left is kinda unnecessary - better to put it around the entire town. Also, a fence around that thug spot would look cool, too.

As for the underground map, a few more "layers" of cave walls would look extremely good. Also, how do you reach the house? I don't see any stairs or caves leading to it xD

Any spriter interested in having their Fakemon appear in a fan game? Or designing fake Mega Evolutions? Shoot me a PM
Old Posted August 26th, 2012 (02:47 PM).
Saving Raven

Quote:
Wow, those are some really nice ideas. I can't wait to see them develop more!
As for the town, you could, for starters, put a road xD Also, the fence on the left is kinda unnecessary - better to put it around the entire town. Also, a fence around that thug spot would look cool, too.

As for the underground map, a few more "layers" of cave walls would look extremely good. Also, how do you reach the house? I don't see any stairs or caves leading to it xD
I put a road after I posted the map, haha, I made it dirt sand because its full of thugs, and they dont care how it looks, and like I said, you get to it by travling through a series of underground passages. but under the city/mountain, theres a hidden city! the under! (inspired from "the under" from Colosseum, but on a smaller scale) I'm also going to add a police station, but the police are bribed, and side with the bigger bribe
In light of these various ideas and concepts, the planned demo will be postponed until sometime tuesday (hopefully)

Old Posted August 26th, 2012 (06:29 PM).
umbreontheultimate
Unhatched Egg

Are you going to release betas, or release the game in it's entirety?
Old Posted August 26th, 2012 (06:46 PM).
Saving Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by umbreontheultimate View Post
Are you going to release betas, or release the game in it's entirety?
I'm FAR from the completed game xDDD its only a beta thats being planned

Old Posted August 27th, 2012 (08:09 AM).
umbreontheultimate
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saving Raven View Post
I'm FAR from the completed game xDDD its only a beta thats being planned
Oh ok thanks for the info.
Old Posted August 28th, 2012 (08:24 AM). Edited August 28th, 2012 by Saving Raven.
Saving Raven

HEY GUYS!
You're going to HAVE to check back later today for the demo!
it will contain 4 cities/towns, 4 roads, and 3 gyms with 3 leaders in each, for a total of 9 leaders!
to move on to the final town you need to have 3 badges. and you meet Oak for the first of many times in the final town! I have to tweek a few maps, and make all the trainers, so it should be ready late this afternoon!

If you read my sad reason for editing (not that many would) you would see that I come with sad tidings D:
one, my game would have a lot of uncompleted things, such as the under, the forest, and every gym xDDD
two, I have no idea how to compress my game in such a way that someone could play it/not steal my game information...

So, in light of the situation laid infront of you, the reader, as a person who is taking in this terrible news, fear not! you will not have to write any sort of note explaining the homicide of one's self! for I have updated a lot of my game, and created all the information for the gym leaders!

Infact, each leader will have his/her own special, unobtainable pokemon! stonger than most, used to challenge the player, as well as show their favorite pokemon as their special unique pokemon!
so yeah, thats pretty cool...what else...
OH RIGHT, when you finally do get to play the game, you will see many funny situational irony, past-to-present references, minor breakage of the fourth wall, and much much much more!!! it will be amazing, I cant wait, and it kills me I cannot provide a demo :/

Old Posted August 30th, 2012 (10:13 AM).
Saving Raven

I have been thinking about the long run of my game (i have only been thinking short term) but now I have some cool ideas I'm still working on, but how is this idea for time traveling:

currently, you are in gen: 3 tilesets, when you go to the past to catch prehistoric pokemon, you are in gen: 1-2 tilesets, and in the future, you are in gen: 4-5 tilesets
good idea?

Old Posted August 30th, 2012 (10:27 AM).
UltimateDillon
Veteran Gamer (Sort Of)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saving Raven View Post
I have been thinking about the long run of my game (i have only been thinking short term) but now I have some cool ideas I'm still working on, but how is this idea for time traveling:

currently, you are in gen: 3 tilesets, when you go to the past to catch prehistoric pokemon, you are in gen: 1-2 tilesets, and in the future, you are in gen: 4-5 tilesets
good idea?
this sounds like a good idea. it could definitely be something worth building on.
Old Posted August 30th, 2012 (02:19 PM).
Powalen
the Dark Sovereign

This looks great, especially your own pokemon you made. I can't wait to play.

I do have one question however, sorry if I overlooked it already being asked, but are you planning on doing something with the PC storage system because I don't think Bill would have been born yet to discover it, and technology probably wasn't great in 1958 even in the Pokemon world.

"By force of will!"
Old Posted August 30th, 2012 (02:27 PM).
UltimateDillon
Veteran Gamer (Sort Of)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellicentfan1 View Post
I do have one question however, sorry if I overlooked it already being asked, but are you planning on doing something with the PC storage system because I don't think Bill would have been born yet to discover it, and technology probably wasn't great in 1958 even in the Pokemon world.
Hmm... Very good point indeed...
Old Posted August 30th, 2012 (02:58 PM).
Saving Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellicentfan1
This looks great, especially your own pokemon you made. I can't wait to play.

Thanks for your appreciation and such, and actually I havent though of that technically, Of course I thought of bill, but I never thought of the PC storage system, it is a major part of the Pokemon experience so I cant change much, nor would it make much sense to, but thinking about it, I thought his father could have created a prototype PC system (as opperating computer, though quite large, were still in existence) but as to explain how if you have more than 6 the 7th is magically transported to the computer, lets just call it an unexplainable phenomina

Old Posted August 30th, 2012 (03:25 PM).
LightningAlex

An idea: The storage system in 1958 was experimental (As you said, prototype), and was tested out only by professional trainers (Which means the player, too). Everything works fine, but it's quite expensive and complicated. Then Bill makes it simpler, better and popularizes it, making it useful for everyone, not just professional trainers.

Not quite the best idea, if I come up with something better, I'll tell you.

Old Posted August 30th, 2012 (03:56 PM).
Saving Raven

Quote:
An idea: The storage system in 1958 was experimental (As you said, prototype), and was tested out only by professional trainers (Which means the player, too). Everything works fine, but it's quite expensive and complicated. Then Bill makes it simpler, better and popularizes it, making it useful for everyone, not just professional trainers.

Not quite the best idea, if I come up with something better, I'll tell you.
yeah, that makes sense, I like it, and by 1956, there was the basis of mechanics and parts of the computers we have today, or at least up until 1998, so either way, he just found a way to create it, bill expanded upon it

Old Posted August 31st, 2012 (11:10 AM).
Saving Raven

Well, thanks to the creators of Crystal Map, I used their program and made generation 2 graphics all on my own, and I think it turned out pretty good, here is a test map showing off everything I made thus far:

Old Posted August 31st, 2012 (05:01 PM).
PokemonSnakewood
PokeNoob

Nature: Lonely
Another amazing game in development, I cannot wait to play it !

One quick question though: what format will you be releasing this game asÉ
Old Posted August 31st, 2012 (05:08 PM).
Saving Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonSnakewood View Post
Another amazing game in development, I cannot wait to play it !

One quick question though: what format will you be releasing this game asÉ
amazing game? wow, thanks for the support, and it is made using RPG Maker, and Pokemon essentials, when it is completed it will be a stand-alone application

Old Posted September 1st, 2012 (09:01 AM). Edited September 1st, 2012 by Saving Raven.
Saving Raven

Hello! I have made major progress with the costume changes!

Next, the player will be male (as it will aide greatly in many aspects of the game)
However! do not despair, my female fans! (if there are any...) You will have at least 3 female choices to choose from~ of course if you're a guy who wants to play dressed like a girl I shal not judge, and neither will anyone else in the game! (except HAT cultists, they're hate all trainers....)

Finally, I'm working hard to get out an actual Update, so dont worry, eventually (latest being end of September) there will be a playable demo! and as an added bonus, all possible (or at least what i have done) costume changes will be available, as a little beta bonus~

And....hm, well if I think of anything I'll post here, but as for now, thats it!
(I still need to work on the achievement system...)

Here is the Gold costume you'll get when you complete the in-game event

Old Posted September 2nd, 2012 (10:22 AM).
rpg man
My new account is Critx

Nature: Naughty
I CAN'T Wait Till this Comes Out. Awesome Game!

I made a new account was cuz i didn't like the name RPg Man
Old Posted September 2nd, 2012 (12:35 PM).
Saving Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpg man View Post
I CAN'T Wait Till this Comes Out. Awesome Game!
Thanks for the support! a third of the game should be done by the update, which would be the demo release

ALSO

If anyone has some suggestions for costumes/clothes you wanna see (be it guy or girl outfits) just post a comment here! or you can PM me your idea. if you wanna see a pic (like not a sprite, but a design) of some outfit, or a character from another game with a cool outfit, I'd be open to any and all suggestions! dont have an outfit idea? thats fine, I need some ideas on events or what have you, or even a side quest that would unlock some outfit! any ideas would be greatly appreciated ^-^ I want to please my fans~

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links