The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

View Poll Results: which new or old feature would you like to see in Generation 6?
Pokemon following you around like in Yellow,HG,SS 128 65.64%
Berry Trees Back 65 33.33%
New Battle system (6 on 6, etc.) 38 19.49%
Multiple Regions 119 61.03%
Battle Frontier return 80 41.03%
New Starter types 77 39.49%
Dark type Gym Leader 101 51.79%
Tournament instead of elite four 62 31.79%
Return of team rocket 58 29.74%
New eeveelutions 92 47.18%
New storyline(Not the old ten year old sets out to be champ and stop bad guys) 108 55.38%
All 17 8.72%
Other 44 22.56%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 195. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 31st, 2012, 01:04 PM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Pokemon following you around like in Yellow,Hg,SS: Heck no, that feature was just annoying and IMO was a blatant symbol of your Pokemon's disobedience.
Berry Trees Back: No, too much of a hassle to keep watering them.
New Battle system (6 on 6, etc.): Heck no, the screen is cluttered as it is with three Pokemon there.
Multiple Regions: No, no, and NO!
Battle Frontier return: Don't like the battling style there, but it's gotta be better than the monstrosity called the world tournament.
New Starter types: No, but I do support not giving the fire starter another fighting subtype.
Dark type Gym Leader: Eh, doesn't really matter to me. Either way I'll cream them.
Tournament instead of elite four: No, don't mess with a proven formula.
Return of team rocket: No, they have no reason to return.
New eeveelutions: Heck no, there's plenty as it is. I wouldn't ever use any of them besides Jolteon and Espeon even if they introduced 695 new Eevee forms...
New storyline(Not the old ten year old sets out to be champ and stop bad guys) : Eh, what would the new storyline be? Better to save that type of thing for the spinoff games.

Now, what else I want to see:

*Female Player character in a Japanese school uniform! Or a frilly floral dress! Or fully customizable characters.
*A cat-like Pokemon that's actually good in battle for a change.
*No more bringing back old characters! There's one in particular that I'm sick of seeing him over and over again, and even with the others, there's no logical storyline reason why they need to appear in newer games . Time to just drop them all completely and move on.
*I want to be able to place items in my PC box again, regardless of whether my bag is a "bottomless pit." I hate having to carry around stuff that I'm not even going to use during the main storyline.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Friend Safari:
*GMC Safari
*Pontiac Safari
*Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser
Old August 31st, 2012, 01:18 PM
Killjoy
"He was a laser fish."

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellicentfan1 View Post
Could you please change your post. You are quoting me on things I never said. Thanks!

Whoops! Forgot to get rid of the [/quotes] Good call lol

A few things I'd like would be:
  • A better feeling of atmosphere, through better lighting, and sound effects in certen area instead of music (or just more subtle music). Imagine walking through a swampy area hearing crickets and the odd bird in the background, or through an old building, hearing creaky floodboards and such.
  • A bassic character customization system, even if just the hair and clothing colour.
  • The return of the Secret Base, but with more usefulness, like a PC for instance.
Old August 31st, 2012, 01:42 PM
rpg man
My new account is Critx

Nature: Naughty
Pokemon following you around like in Yellow,Hg,SS: Sure...
Berry Trees Back: It was a Nice feature
New Battle system (6 on 6, etc.): Heck no!
Multiple Regions: All Our Pokemon would be lv 100 By the next Region...>.<
Battle Frontier return: I want the Hoenn BF Back!
New Starter types: No! Tradition!
Dark type Gym Leader: Still a Gym Leader...
Tournament instead of elite four: No,Just No.
Return of team rocket: HECK YES! I HAVE BEEN WAITING SINCE RED/BLUE TO SEE WHEN THEY WOULD COME BACK!
New eeveelutions: Heck no!
New storyline(Not the old ten year old sets out to be champ and stop bad guys) If i Know Gf they won't Do it.

I made a new account was cuz i didn't like the name RPg Man
Old August 31st, 2012, 05:15 PM
o Pikachu o
Pikachu

Nature: Relaxed
Pokemon following you around like in Yellow,HG,SS
Yes I would love to see this return I don't know why it was removed in Black and White.

Berry Trees Back
No. I never really cared about them. I didn't even pick any berries up I thought it wasn't a good feature.

New Battle system (6 on 6, etc.)
No more new battle systems. Rotation, Triple and Double are enough but I'd like to see more of them in the main game, whether it be against gym leaders or just trainers. In Black and White you should have been able to battle Cress, Chilli and Cilan in a triple battle where they used Panpour, Pansear and Pansage.

Multiple Regions
If they do add this idea maybe they should make you have to pick a new starter and catch new Pokèmon's instead of using your old ones.

Battle Frontier return
I liked it in Emerald I had all the symbols. But in HeartGold I didn't even beating all the frontier brains just because the battle faculties were boring.

New Starter types
Big no they should just keep the traditional Fire, Water and grass type starters.

Dark type Gym Leader
Yes. Dark type is just so underrated I dont think there's been a gym leader that has dark types in any Pokemon game

Tournament instead of elite four
Maybe, it could be a breath of fresh air maybe there's a tournament with 64 random trainers and in the finals it could be you vs your rival and if you win you face the champion and then you become champion.

Return of team rocket
No.

New eeveelutions
They could add a steel type eeveelution or even a ghost type which you get by using a Dusk Stone.

New storyline
Yes. Black and White was the first game I felt had a different story then all of the other games. The story in that game was incredible. It was finally something different other then get gym badges, stop evil organization and become champion.
Old August 31st, 2012, 06:10 PM
Kanto_Johto
Never glimpse the truth

Nature: Bold
Pokemon following you: Nah. This was a gimmick from Yellow and HGSS that doesn't need to be repeated.
Berry Trees Back: Eh, why not?
New Battle system: Nope, the battle system we have is fine.
Multiple Regions: Not really necessary but they could make it work like they did with GSC/HGSS. Maybe the next generation can be based in America again, and next to Unova (or you get the option to travel to Unova via plane or something).
Battle Frontier return: Yeah, this idea I'm okay with. I've never really experienced it but it went over well with many of the series' fans.
New Starter types: I'm of the minority who wouldn't mind this change at all. It'd make a nice change.
Dark type Gym Leader: A Dark type Gym Leader would be cool, seeing as we haven't had one yet. I wouldn't mind another Ground type Gym, too.
Tournament instead of elite four: Only if the tournament decides who faces the E4. Otherwise no. This is not the anime.
Return of Team Rocket: Again, this is unnecessary. They've disbanded for good now, and it's nicer to see fresh new teams.
New Eeveelutions: I wouldn't mind this, but I wont be bummed out if we don't get any more.
New storyline (Not the old ten year old sets out to be champ and stop bad guys): Agreed. I've made a thread and posted about this scenario in the past: I'd love to see the protagonist join the evil team for a while and work his way up to executive, and eventually leave over a disagreement with the team leader (I.E. the teams goals turn out to be selfishly intended, as usual).

The Pokemon World Tournament should definitely return for Gen VI. Such a fantastic concept/aspect that would be a shame to only see in one set of games (B2W2).

Last edited by Kanto_Johto; September 1st, 2012 at 08:13 AM.
Old September 1st, 2012, 07:32 AM
MiTjA
Poké-atheist

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA
Quote:
Originally Posted by o Pikachu o View Post
New eeveelutions
They could add a steel type eeveelution or even a ghost type which you get by using a Dusk Stone.
Won't happen.
They made Eevee evolve with happiness at different times of day, instead of the obvious Moon and Sun stones.
They made Eevee evolve at Moss Rock instead of using the Leaf Stone.
Every single Trade evolution that was added later, also requires an item that was not available before.
All the babies after gen II need their parents to hold Incenses to hatch from their eggs.
Not a single evolution stone has been used for old pokemon unless it was introduced in the generation when the evolution was added.
Instead of evolving via simple level-up, a handful of pokemon were given attacks as triggers, which they didn't learn before, and even had an explanation of "different conditions causing changes to the movesets in Sinnoh" unlocking these.

So in short: if there was another eeveelution, it would evolve 100% with a completely new method.

Last edited by MiTjA; September 1st, 2012 at 09:50 AM.
Old September 1st, 2012, 08:43 AM
Haddez
Unhatched Egg

I voted for everything apart from 'Berry Trees' and 'Battle Frontier'.
I didn't really use any of them anyway.
Although they could keep it how it is and it would still be perfect!

I have wanted it to be a tournament instead of elite 4 for a while though, like it is in the anime. All opponents should have random pokemon aswell so they aren't always the same.
That's a problem with the elite 4, they are boring to rematch it's always the same, it was random it would be a different battle everytime and would be more fun. Also you would have to think more. =)

Also by a new battle system I assume you mean like new types of battles, like the rotation and double? I wouldn't mind a new one of them, they are fun.
But the way you battle needs to stay the same.

Youtube = ALegoNinja
Old September 1st, 2012, 02:51 PM
Dmatt
Medium-Rare Trainer

Nature: Modest
I really really really want a pokemon following me. I adored that option, and also, they should give the option on/off for those agains it. Plain and simple, but it's a MUST (IMO)

New eevelutions, hell yeah.

Forgotten pokemon that desperately need an evolution (or two) : Jynx, Farfetch'd, Mr. Mime, Tauros, Kanghaskan counterpart, Luvdisc, Chatot, Primeape.

A couple of cool combos must exist: grass/dragon and ice/dragon (for OU play)

Those are the things I'm expecting
White : 0905 9140 0338

My thread: Trades, EV services, Breeding. Clicky.
Old September 1st, 2012, 03:32 PM
Damsel
Unhatched Egg

Pokemon following you around like in Yellow,Hg,SS
Yes. I loved this feature. I think it should be set so the player can disable it if they want.
Berry Trees Back
I'm indifferent. It would be nice, I guess. Sites berries are useful in game.
No. Rotation and Triple weren't even needed. Single and double are fine..
Multiple Regions
I'm indifferent. It might be cool but it's not needed.
Battle Frontier return
Yes.
New Starter types
NO! Dual types are fine, but deviating from Fire/Water/Grass seems horrid.
Dark type Gym Leader
... Sure?
No. Maybe if they do add an additional region after the main one, it would be cool to have a tournament.
Return of team rocket
Yes.
New eeveelutions
Yes. It makes no sense that there isn't an eeveelution of every type.
New storyline
Yes please. I'm not 10 and very few Pokemon players are. They should be older and have a more complex journey. I also think romance would be a neat twist, but nothing that would dominate the game or anything.
Old September 1st, 2012, 08:25 PM
Killjoy
"He was a laser fish."

I started playing Pt again today, after playing Heart Gold for a while, and I just can not stress enough how much I miss the 'follow me' feature. It's feels like half the game is missing not being able to turn around and talk to your Pokémon.

Honestly if anything is added to gen 6 I hope it's that. It just adds so much to the Role playing element and makes it feel much more natural
Old September 1st, 2012, 10:22 PM
CriticalKYUC
Beginning Trainer

>Pokemon following you around like in Yellow,Hg,SS
Yes. But have an option to turn it off, also make the pokemon more fit to scale, and have this effect Fly and Surf.
>Berry Trees Back
Yes, their is no reason to remove them, but keeping a system like the Berry Pots would be fine so long as they make it stay in your house/Secret base.
>New Battle system (6 on 6, etc.)
Unless it is like FFT or Fire Emblem, no. I don't like Triple battles and I wouldn't like them.
>Multiple Regions
Yes/No
Sevii Islands did it right, not a whole new region, but a decent sized area that you can only get post game, that has it's own side quests and story. I was quite upset they weren't in HG/SS
>Battle Frontier return
Emerald had the best BF. Expand on this one, make it bigger, more things to do, etc.
>New Starter types
New subtypes instead of FIRE/FIGHTING please. Other than that, nope.
>Dark type Gym Leader
Sure.
>Tournament instead of elite four
Have post game, and official WiFi tournies. Make the Elite Four have a back story, make them harder, etc.
>Return of team rocket
No, Giovanni is dead, they failed twice. Allude to them, hint at them. But in the end they failed and wouldn't be able to make a return. What would be cool is to see old admins and such working with the new villain team.
>New eeveelutions
No. It's gotten stale and old.
>New storyline(Not the old ten year old sets out to be champ and stop bad guys)
Yes/No. Make the characters older, like 15 or 16 in B/W. Add more focus on NPCs, side quests and have a large over arching story to connect it all.

I'd like to see more 3D, larger towns, larger areas and more details. I'd like to revamp the wild grass mechanic, and have you actually see the pokemon in the over world. I'd like for it to go full Xenoblade Chronicles if you will.

I would also like to see other MCs make appearances and have something to do with the story. I mean, you conquer one region and now you're in the next. What "champion" wouldn't do that? I'd like to see Red or Ethan or Brendan show up, as older, stronger versions of them selves.

Last edited by CriticalKYUC; September 1st, 2012 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Added thoughts
Old September 2nd, 2012, 02:04 AM
Cassino
A TPC classic.

Pokemon following you around like in Yellow,Hg,SS
If optional; not everyone likes it.

Berry Trees Back
I like the pots HG/SS has. It's annoying to have to go to a specific place halfway down a route to grow berries.

I don't mind but it would be a waste of time on Game Freak's part since even 3v3 and rotation aren't popular.

Multiple Regions
Only worthwhile if they're all fully detailed.

Battle Frontier return
Definitely, with additions.

New Starter types
I don't think any other three types are balanced in the same way against each other as Fire/Grass/Water, but it ultimately makes no odds to me since I don't use starters (as starters, at least; I am admittedly keen on Blaziken for Frontier/Subway/competitive).

Dark type Gym Leader
Either way whatever, but I consider Dark to already be the realm of Team X leaders, which are of gym leader strength sans a signature TM.

Wouldn't that be what the Frontier and contests are about already?

Return of team rocket
We could certainly do with teams that have more realistic goals like they did, but not for Rocket itself to return.

New eeveelutions
They already cover every type that was originally special, besides Dragon which Eevee has no place being, so no.
What we do need however are physical moves for Flareon.

New storyline(Not the old ten year old sets out to be champ and stop bad guys)
That could be nice but really all I want is for the games to take longer to play through.

My only 'other' wish for the future right now is that there be more Bug-types that are purely Bug or have a second type that isn't Poison or Flying.

Last edited by Cassino; September 2nd, 2012 at 02:12 AM.
Old September 2nd, 2012, 04:59 AM
Castform
Fortune doesn't favor fools!

Send a message via Skype™ to Castform
I see that the follow me feature is the most voted for, but also the most controversial. I am indifferent about it, but if they bring it back it must be improved. For example, Magikarp CANNOT follow you. I mean come on, really magikarp following you, no fish pokemon should be following you! Also Pokemon should be fit to scale better. Last but not least it MUST BE OPTIONAL, not everyone wants it all the time, it should be able to be turned on/off in the options menu.

Old September 2nd, 2012, 10:10 AM
MiTjA
Poké-atheist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassino View Post
My only 'other' wish for the future right now is that there be more Bug-types that are purely Bug or have a second type that isn't Poison or Flying.
Did ya miss gen V?
It was heavier bug infested than any other generation to date, and added quite a few exotic ones, like
-Fire, Volcarona
-Electric, Gavantula
and added more of the uncommon combos like
-Grass, Leavanny
-Rock, Crustle
along with making the Bug/Steel combo into the most common by adding Escavalier, Durant and Genesect...if they didn't also add a fifth Poison one, Scolipede, but at least this one is more than a joke.

Even one that stays pure to the final stage, Accelgor.

Which is 9 lines, or 18 pokemon (compared to 12,10,14,9), including the first Bug legendary!

So yeah... but that's not to say there aren't a few exotic combinations left (theres many less diverse though..), and if thats what you actually meant, I agree that there should be some of these asap:
-Bug/Dark (like obvious replacement for the poison ones)
-Bug/Psychic (this really doesnt exist yet wtf)
-Bug/Water (F*ck Surskit.)
theres Bug/Ice too, but that would require some worthy concept..

Last edited by MiTjA; September 2nd, 2012 at 10:19 AM.
Old September 2nd, 2012, 06:54 PM
Pinta77
McDonald's Insider
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Pinta77
Im on my iphone, so i wont go down the whole list, but I'll go over a few points.

Follow-me feature: yes, i absolutely love it. Im sure it was a lot of work for the spriters of HG/SS, but it was well worth it. It made the game so much better =)

Return of the berry trees: Sure, why not?

Tournament style elite four: Ya, but then again, I'm kind of sick of the whole 8 gyms and elite 4. We need a...

New Story: Yes!!

Some of my own ideas are

Player/fan designed pokemon: Gamefreak/Nintendo should open up a drawing contest and have the players design some pokemon. Why? Because they are coming up with pokemon like "klink" and "timburr".

Mmorpg style gameplay: I dont even know if this is possible for ds or 3ds, but it would be fun to run around and see other players in the overworld map with features like chat, emotes etc.

Unique characters: Maybe clothes, outfits, costumes etc, anything to make you look unique. Again, lots of spriting, but they proved that they are up for it in HG/SS

Those are my ideas.

Wonder Trade!!!
Old September 2nd, 2012, 11:10 PM
MiTjA
Poké-atheist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinta77 View Post
Player/fan designed pokemon: Gamefreak/Nintendo should open up a drawing contest and have the players design some pokemon. Why? Because they are coming up with pokemon like "klink" and "timburr".
At least pick some that are not fresh versions of old pokemon, like Magnemite and Machop in this case. Otherwise your argument makes no sense.

However, I love the idea. It would need to be quite specific and carefully done, otherwise they would be drowned in crappy dragon pictures that have no basis or background and everything else that makes a pokemon..
Not sure how that would be done... but there really are some very creative and amazing fakemon out there that Id love to see become official.
Old September 3rd, 2012, 12:00 AM
Plumpyfoof

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Plumpyfoof
I really love the idea of a tournament, not instead of the E4 but as a post-game thing.
Even if it appears in place of the Elite 4 after you beat them the first time.

Just take for example 15 contestants who you face only 4 of randomly every time you challenge. And at the end, hey! It' the Champion!

But yeah re-battling the E4 is very monotonous the more you do it, at least if you have a lot more trainers with their own speciality it makes you think about strategy a bit more rather than soloing with a Lucario which is what I've done many many times in White.

The excitement is still there because you never know who you're going to face even though you may have already defeated all of them at least once.
Old September 3rd, 2012, 01:11 AM
MiTjA
Poké-atheist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumpyfoof View Post
I really love the idea of a tournament, not instead of the E4 but as a post-game thing.
Even if it appears in place of the Elite 4 after you beat them the first time.

Just take for example 15 contestants who you face only 4 of randomly every time you challenge. And at the end, hey! It' the Champion!

But yeah re-battling the E4 is very monotonous the more you do it, at least if you have a lot more trainers with their own speciality it makes you think about strategy a bit more rather than soloing with a Lucario which is what I've done many many times in White.

The excitement is still there because you never know who you're going to face even though you may have already defeated all of them at least once.
Yeah.
For using E4 as a leveling place in the post-game, I would do the following:
instead of challenging the same E4, once you defeated them, you could instead enter a separate set of rooms, where you would be challenged by randomly picked gym leaders/E4/champ, all with endgame teams, while the real E4 would use the same teams as the first time.

It'd be a hybrid of Platinums battleground and the postgame E4.
Old September 3rd, 2012, 06:33 AM
ZetaZaku
AEUG Pilot

>Pokemon following you around like in Yellow,Hg,SS
No thank you, unless we get the option to turn it on/off and actually choose which one will be out, instead of the first Pokemon being out.
>Berry Trees Back
I wouldn't mind it, but I don't see a reason for it. It's point were the contests and making of poke blocks. Unless they bring back the contests, I see no reason for it.
>New Battle system (6 on 6, etc.)
No.
>Multiple Regions
Adding a new original region as post-game for a remake is okay. A new game with multiple regions? No. Too much work for them.
>Battle Frontier return
They should focus on something new, like they did with the battle subway. But I hope they make it in the fashion of Battle Frontier and make it more interesting, with leaders etc.
>New Starter types
I'm open for a new type, but starters should remain the same.
>Dark type Gym Leader
Sure, but not early game. At least in the second half.
>Tournament instead of elite four
No. So what, you accidentally end up fighting the specific 4 each time? Fighting random opponents would suck.
>Return of team rocket
Why? Why not Team Aqua or Galaxy?
>New eeveelutions
No thanks. It already became a Pokemon version of Sega Genesis, they should stop with eeveelutions. And also, who wants to see a Rock/Steel/Dragon/Ghost Eevee? First would end up being a statue, Steel would end up being MechaEevee, Dragon would be...weird..and Ghost would be what? A dead Eevee?
>New storyline(Not the old ten year old sets out to be champ and stop bad guys)
It's fine as it is. They should use a new storyline for spinoffs.

---
What I'd like them to add:

>Main characters father is the boss of Team Badguys
We already had a rival like that, and a protag with a Gym leader father. It would be interesting if we got a bad guy father, but without knowing that until the very end of the game when the MC beats him, or something like that. Not knowing who his father is, that is. They could later reuse that in the show and make him Ash's father (j/k)
>Remove HM
HMs were always a nuisance, and I think that they should just add something like an pickaxe/wood axe for Rock smash and Cut, and allow you to swim on a water Pokemon, without the use of HM Surf. Like, after the 5th badge, you can swim on your water Pokemon. Same with fly and strength. HM slaves just end up taking space, and using HM on main team is just waste.
>Champion is your older brother
That would kinda rework the story a bit, so instead of just becoming a champion, your goal would be surpassing your older brother.
>All trainers can be re-battled after a week. After a week passes, you can challenge all trainers (including the gym leaders) again. Whether they'll use the original team or a stronger would depend on your number of badges. Example: First gym leader has Lv. ~14 Pokemon, and after you get the second badge, when you battle him again, he'll have Lv. ~20 Pokemon

There are lots of innovative ideas that could be added without changing the core of the games. I think that the games still need to be in the same way they always were. Adding multiple things could make the same old thing a lot more different.

PM for Happy Hour Smeagles
Old September 3rd, 2012, 01:36 PM
Brendino

Pokemon following you around like in Yellow, HG/SS: I personally enjoyed this feature, but it would need to undergo tweaks if I wanted it to come back. First, it should be completely optional, and secondly, you should be able to choose which of your Pokemon was to follow you, not just the first in your party.
Bring the Berry trees back: If they want to, by all means, bring them back. Personally, I would just pick them and move along, but I know that others actually did plant and water berries to use.
New Battle system (6 on 6, etc.): I think that the idea of triple and rotational battles is already a little ridiculous, so I don't think we need to go any further than what we already have (I don't even like doing double battles, never mind a possible 6 on 6).
Multiple Regions: I'm on the fence with this. It would really depend on how a new region was implemented, and if it was one that we had already seen or not.
Battle Frontier return: I did like some of the facilities at the Battle Frontier more than others, but it did provide a good challenge post-game, so I'd be all for it's return.
New Starter types: The Grass/Fire/Water triangle works just fine, and while I know that people have come up with others like Electric/Water/Ground that would technically work, I don't see them messing with tradition any time soon.
Dark type Gym Leader: Doesn't matter to me either way if there is or isn't one. I would expect it to be added in a Gen VI game, but I wouldn't care if it wasn't.
Tournament instead of the Elite Four: Could be interesting, but there is nothing wrong with the Elite Four the way it is. If you want to add tournaments and things on the side that's fine, but they should leave the E4 the way it is.
Return of Team Rocket: They've already disbanded twice, so I don't see much future for them. But, there could always be an exception for this.
New Eeveelutions: Another one that I'm on the fence about. Part of me thinks that they've already added too many, and they should give up on it while they can. But another part of me feels that they've already done 7/17 Eeveelutions, why stop now?
New storyline (Not the old ten year old sets out to be champ and stop bad guys): While it would be a nice change of pace, what would the main conflict of a story be then? If there is no fight of good vs. evil, then the story becomes awfully bland while playing through it. I like that we are still given different villainous teams, yet they all have different goals and values, so it doesn’t feel like the same story every time. I wouldn’t mind if the player character was a bit older, but again, Pokemon is mainly catering to the younger audience, so while it would be nice to have a more mature storyline with older characters, it probably won’t happen.

Some other things that I might like to see out of a Gen VI game would be:

- Player customization. Not necessarily full customization, but even the ability to change our player’s clothes would be alright. It does get a little boring to see our player wearing the same thing the entire game, so even when our character changed for things like the Pokeathlon or Super Contests, it was exciting.
- Certain HM’s as key items? Things like Surf, Cut and Flash could be taken care of with these, and it would keep us from having to use HM slaves on our teams. Either that, or follow the direction of B/W where the use of HM’s isn’t needed to completely follow the story.
- Maybe a game based in the future? The original games were made all the way back in 1996, which is more than 15 years ago. Maybe we could go back to Kanto in a game that comes out around 2016 (probably the tail end of Gen VI) where we see how much the region has changed over the last two decades, possibly with the inclusion of Johto and the Sevii Islands. This would be the only way that I would want to see a return of Team Rocket or more than one region in a game.
Old September 5th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Cassino
A TPC classic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiTjA View Post
Did ya miss gen V? :P
It was heavier bug infested than any other generation to date, and added quite a few exotic ones, like
-Fire, Volcarona
-Electric, Gavantula
and added more of the uncommon combos like
-Grass, Leavanny
-Rock, Crustle
along with making the Bug/Steel combo into the most common by adding Escavalier, Durant and Genesect...if they didn't also add a fifth Poison one, Scolipede, but at least this one is more than a joke.

Even one that stays pure to the final stage, Accelgor.

Which is 9 lines, or 18 pokemon (compared to 12,10,14,9), including the first Bug legendary!

So yeah... but that's not to say there aren't a few exotic combinations left (theres many less diverse though..), and if thats what you actually meant, I agree that there should be some of these asap:
-Bug/Dark (like obvious replacement for the poison ones)
-Bug/Psychic (this really doesnt exist yet wtf)
-Bug/Water (F*ck Surskit.)
theres Bug/Ice too, but that would require some worthy concept..
Aye, the fifth generation has done a lot for Bug-types, but I still look at a list of them and find it disappointingly dominated by Flying. We might have new Bug-X types but Bugs are still largely either somewhat limited in their potential roles or relatively useless overall. It's probably just me though.
Old September 6th, 2012, 12:28 AM
MiTjA
Poké-atheist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassino View Post
Aye, the fifth generation has done a lot for Bug-types, but I still look at a list of them and find it disappointingly dominated by Flying. We might have new Bug-X types but Bugs are still largely either somewhat limited in their potential roles or relatively useless overall. It's probably just me though.
I see.

The thing is though that you will find people for most types that feel that way xD
Old September 10th, 2012, 07:48 AM
bwburke94
NEW RUN STARTS AUGUST 1! 000/721

I'll do this by responding to each option:

Pokemon following you around like in Yellow, HG/SS
Not my #1 priority, but there's nothing bad about it. I voted no because it has no impact on gameplay.

Berry Trees Back
I voted yes on this one, because B/W were hellish as to getting berries.

No sextuple battles, but there is one change I would like to see: Speed being the chance of going first, instead of 400 speed always going before 399 speed.

Multiple Regions
Only with Unova for the main Gen VI games, but a Kanto remake could have Johto or Sevii. I voted no since we're basically discussing only the first paired versions.

Battle Frontier return
Since it's either Hoenn or Sinnoh being remade in Gen VI, I see that region's Frontier being in the third version and said remakes.

New Starter types
Fire/Water/Grass. End of discussion - but no more Fire/Fighting final forms!

Dark type Gym Leader
It's the only type that hasn't had a gym, so yes.

NO. I would, however, like to remove saving during the Elite Four, which would make it similar to a tournament but with set opponents.

Return of team rocket
Only if there are remakes, so no.

New eeveelutions
Dragon would finish off the formerly special-attacking types, but I voted no. Time to break the every-other-generation trend.

New storyline(Not the old ten year old sets out to be champ and stop bad guys)
I liked Colosseum, but I voted no. Remember, XD was pretty much a return to the normal storyline, but with Shadow Pokémon.

Other
Panpour/Pansear/Pansage pre-evo (only one of them, similar to Hitmons)
Throh/Sawk do NOT get a pre-evo
Audino evo (to make grinding harder)
Shedinja evo (keeps 1 HP and Wonder Guard)
Spiritomb pre-evo
Jynx evo (never going to happen, though)
Pinsir evo (Bug/Dark)
Alternate Surskit evo (Water/Bug)
Alternate Deino evo (pure Dragon)
Evo of alternate Deino evo (Dragon/Normal)
Box legendaries are a duo, both Fighting/Flying (one offensive, one defensive)
Legendary trio of Normal/Ghost, Normal/Dark, Normal/Poison
Psychic legendary with 100 in all stats

3DS Friend Code: 0645-5804-7602

I'm just a little crazy sometimes.
OK, a lot crazy all the time.

My romhacks and Essentials games are on hold until Essentials is updated.
Old September 10th, 2012, 12:16 PM
MiTjA
Poké-atheist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
No sextuple battles, but there is one change I would like to see: Speed being the chance of going first, instead of 400 speed always going before 399 speed.
While an interesting idea...and I've been thinking that speed is too straghtforward like it is now.... this would just make it more luck based.
I mean you could predict even less things properly, because you cant even be sure the next move will go like you want.
I think it would feel similar to changes like criticals becoming more common and accuracies of all moves going below 70%.... no one would want that

Quote:
Panpour/Pansear/Pansage pre-evo (only one of them, similar to Hitmons)
Audino evo (to make grinding harder)
If the upcoming generation turns out to indeed be a "Johto"-expansion of Unova (they perhaps had worked on the designs of while making BW already probably), I am 100% sure both of those will be done. Audino being the new Chansey is self-explanatory, but as far as the elemental monkeys go... I realized they are the Pikachu of Unova. Not as the "cute electric rodent ala Plusle/Pachirisu" role (since Emolga is there for that), but as the first elementally interesting and special pokemon that can be described as the "wannabe starter". Except they had the ingenious thought of making three, to be all starter types instead of Electric. So A baby-monkey is IMO inevitable, more than any other pre-evo ever.

Quote:
Pinsir evo (Bug/Dark)
Whoa. I'm surprised that I'm surprised.
After all those years of reassuring myself that Pinsir will never evolve, as even though it was left behind by Scyther, it gained a more similar counterpart in Heracross, which unfortunately is superior because of its Fighting type....which is the only type I really contemplated it might gain.
But how the heck did I not see this obvious choice. Dark is the "other" fancy type of the chart...and Pinsirs pincers scream Dark type.
Sadly though it hasnt happened in 4 gens, so I wouldnt bet on it at all. Poor Pinsir

Quote:
Alternate Surskit evo (Water/Bug)
I think you'll have better chances hoping for a new line that uses this combo, as Surskit gaining an alt. evo would be like the most random thing ever.

Quote:
Alternate Deino evo (pure Dragon)
Evo of alternate Deino evo (Dragon/Normal)
Deino, wouldn't just have to lose its prominent Dark type (which only happened for Bellossom out of 649 pokemon), but it doesnt even start out as a primary Dragon .-.
Old September 10th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Castform
Fortune doesn't favor fools!

Send a message via Skype™ to Castform
@Bwburke94

Really great ideas, especially the ones about the monkeys, audino, and pinsir.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links