The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Culture & Media

Notices

Culture & Media This is where all of pop culture culminates and chats over a cup of joe. Here you can find discussions relating to the latest and greatest television shows, movies, music and literature, and much more!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 26th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Zoachu
Pikachu?

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Zoachu

My current shirt

I am completely in love with BBT.
Does anyone else love them?
Who's your favorite person on the show?
Obviously, I like Sheldon.

سلام.
Old July 26th, 2012, 11:46 AM
shenanigans
hear me roar

Culture & Media!
Old July 26th, 2012, 11:49 AM
Zoachu
Pikachu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Leaf View Post
Culture & Media!
Ah oops! Sorry bout that.
Old July 26th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Vera

Nature: Adamant
I've been perpetuating the show since the first episode aired, and I can't think of shows that I like more. Granted, I fail to understand 99% of what Sheldon says, but it's still my all time favorite, lol. As for my favorite character it's BAZINGA! obviously Sheldon. While Wolowitz makes me laugh with his numerous attempts at 'flirting', I still think he is the weirdest of all the cast. My least favorite is probably Leonard; I don't HATE him, he doesn't really make me laugh as much.
Old July 26th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Zoachu
Pikachu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vera View Post
I've been perpetuating the show since the first episode aired, and I can't think of shows that I like more. Granted, I fail to understand 99% of what Sheldon says, but it's still my all time favorite, lol. As for my favorite character it's BAZINGA! obviously Sheldon. While Wolowitz makes me laugh with his numerous attempts at 'flirting', I still think he is the weirdest of all the cast. My least favorite is probably Leonard; I don't HATE him, he doesn't really make me laugh as much.
Agreed. Leonard is like... eh. While pretty much everything Sheldon says I don't understand, It's quite hilarious anyway. Lol. :3
The only time I watch TV really, is when BBT is on. xD
Old July 26th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Jak
eye of the needle

Nature: Timid
Baww I like Leonard. Sheldon is great too. My boyfriend says I act like him, which I don't really see, and he won't tell me how I act like him. So...idk. Anyway, I can finally tell people that might understand but WELL it makes me sad when I watch episodes and Leonard and Penny aren't together lol. idk why. It just makes me sad.
Old July 26th, 2012, 04:13 PM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Love this show, especially Sheldon <3 He's just plain hilarious, nothing else to it. I think that once Amy is introduced, his character really kicks off and the show got 50x better, which was impressive for an already brilliant show. But yeah, the whole Leonard/Penny thing gets annoying, just shut up and accept you'll be together in the end already >.>
Old July 26th, 2012, 04:18 PM
Magic

I LOVE LEONARD!

I think he's actually quite hot... for a physicist.

BBT is one of my favourite shows :3 I just got seasons 1-4 on DVD actually :D RUN THROUGH AT MY HOUSE.
Old July 26th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Nuke

Nature: Relaxed
I originally loved the show, but it gets repeated a lot on E4 in this country so I've grew tired of it. It's still good, but I doubt it cracks my top ten sitcoms honestly.

All the characters have their merits humour wise, but obviously Leonard needs to be there to set up for most of the show so he isn't funny. I wouldn't expect the main character (kind of) to be funny anyway.

X + Y - 4914-3466-1264
Old July 29th, 2012, 02:10 AM
Route 18
turn up the engine
Community Supporter Tier 5

Send a message via Skype™ to Route 18
Sheldon is my favorite character in BBT by far. He basically makes BBT what it is. Without him, the show simply wouldn't be as funny or as popular. I also really like Amy. People label her as a 'female version of Sheldon', but I think she's more random than Sheldon has ever been, making her a unique character in her own right.
Old July 29th, 2012, 02:19 AM
YungKnowledge
Kigo & Jori Shipper

I love the show so much #TeamSheldon over here. Wolowitz and his mother issue amuse me so much.

Old July 31st, 2012, 05:12 PM
Megaman3007
MTF FTW :)

I love it! Needs more anime references though
Old July 31st, 2012, 05:18 PM
Haseyo
쏘쿨

No Penny love? I find her amusing as well.
Old August 4th, 2012, 07:44 AM
Arago
Community Supporter

I love Big Bang Theory! But I have to admit, it's a bit like Two and a Half Men - in that if you've seen it once, you've seen 'em all. Still, I have every episode on my computer yayayaya!
Old August 10th, 2012, 08:25 PM
The Shiny Umbreon in the Corner's Avatar
The Shiny Umbreon in the Corner
☁Blown Away

Sheldon he's just plain funny especially when he goes to see penny!! *knock knock knock* Penny! *knock knock knock* Penny *knock knock knock* Penny
Old August 11th, 2012, 12:45 AM
Tyrantrum
none pizza with left beef
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Tyrantrum
Yes! I love this show! So does my mom. XD I had no clue it has been around for about five years, though. D; I thought it was at least a year old.

My favorite character has to be Sheldon; just the way he's so blunt and how he tries to act as human as possible is hilarious. His laugh kills me every time!

(x) Tumblr
(y) Gallery
Previously Eeveon
Old August 13th, 2012, 02:54 AM
Katholic Nun
of the Khristian Kollection

Nature: Adamant
AAAAA BIG BANG THEORY! I liked it before it was cool

I started watching it the second it came on TV in Australia because I was a huge fan of Kaley Cuoco from her 8 Simple Rules and Charmed days. Little did I know there would be so much more to watch it for than her

My favourite character is Shenny. I love Sheldon on his own and I love Penny on her own, but when they're in a scene together they are so good. Those two are the best comedy I've seen since Karen on Will & Grace.

Moderator of General Chat
PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
"like when AT&T was paying for our meals in dallas you bet your ass I ordered the lamb" - Oryx, 2014 A.D.
Old September 1st, 2012, 01:54 AM
shenanigans
hear me roar

Oh wait this thread is STILL ALIVE.

I have some kinda mixed thoughts on BBT. Don't get me wrong, I do find it hilarious, mostly the really geeky jokes and Sheldon has to be one of my favourite personalities in any show anywhere. But what I don't like so much is when I feel it does any one of two main things which annoy me - either a) dumb down the jokes for the mass audience, saying stuff that a decently educated 14 year old could understand, or b) remove the whole charm and quirk of the show by trying to make it Friends-esque. And by that I mean a sort of standard comedy with a group of friends and a couple of girls. Don't get me wrong, it can still be funny in that case, but I don't really think it's what makes BBT great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu
I liked it before it was cool
I don't believe you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman3007
I love it! Needs more anime references though
You think so? I'd say that nerdy doesn't really imply liking anime at all, and honestly despite what I said a moment ago about dumbing things down, I think adding anime references would only make sense for a very small audience. A good number of the people who usually get everything would be left scratching their heads and yeah... idk if I'd like that haha.
Old September 15th, 2012, 09:31 AM
FierceDeity1
Beginning Trainer

I actually can't watch this show any more. Sheldon in real life needs punched.
Old September 15th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

I don't like watching The Big Bang Theory. It fails to make me laugh.

Paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
Battle Server | Tumblr | TWL | Profile | Supporter

Old September 15th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Vital
ignore the whisper

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Vital
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
I don't like watching The Big Bang Theory. It fails to make me laugh.
Seriously, Nichole? Everything that comes out of Sheldon's mouth manages to crack me up. And Penny is cute. :3
Old September 15th, 2012, 09:54 PM
Avishka
bye.
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Avishka
it is an awesome show <3 <3
Spoiler:

lmao and also the knock knock part :D :D

Old September 18th, 2012, 11:52 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I don't watch much of Big Bang theory, but one thing is for sure: anything that involves Sheldon is pretty funny, admittedly. I also like Leonard because he seems to be the most rational out of the "nerds."

Old September 21st, 2012, 08:10 AM
Pokemon_Geek
Togepi

I love this show. Finally a show about us real geeks/nerds. My only criticism is the lack of representation for female geeks(they have scientists, but none that are into speculative fiction, comics, gaming etc.).

My favorite character is Leonard; he's practically a white male version of me, but I have way better communication skills, I'm a lot less awkward, and I'm a goth.

I have a love/hate for Sheldon; I don't know whether I should find him more hilarious or punch him.

Howard and Raj are so funny together. Their strong gay subtext(that everyone in the show has commented on at least once) had thinking they might get together, but gay nerds would probably be too much for mainstream TV.

Real gamers play for fun.
Old September 22nd, 2012, 03:58 AM
Plumpyfoof

Send a message via Skype™ to Plumpyfoof
It's become a tradition that every time I decide I don't feel like school I am sick I have a BBT marathon in my bedroom.

I'm lucky enough to be one of those that understand Physics so I get the context of a lot of the jokes. It makes it that much funnier.

My favourite is Amy, especially when she's lusting after Sheldon. Does make me lol.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links